page count

thank you so much for adding page count in the online clipart section! It
helps me to decide how deep I want to go in my search!
0
Dulcinea (1)

This was a feature a lot of people missed. The clipart page is faster... This is what
Eric Lawrence wrote in the Design Gallery newsgroup.

I just wanted to let everyone know about some long-awaited changes that
we made to the Office Online Clip Art website this afternoon.

Clip Art paging is back!  You can now see how many results your search
returned, and jump to a specific page.  This was our top feature request for
many months now, and it's finally here.

You'll also find that the site, and using the Web Collections inside Clip
Organizer, is now MUCH faster.  We've made some major improvements to our
search speed, and overall you should get clipart much faster.  If you're
using the website, you can also improve your overall speed if you click the
"Options" link at the top right corner and choose to show MORE clips per
page (showing fewer clips means it's more likely that you'll have to ask for
the next full page of clips to find the one you're looking for.)

Unfortunately, we did lose one feature in making the site much faster and
bringing back count-- you can now only search for one keyword at a time,
like on the old "Design Gallery Live" website.  Our users told us this was
an acceptable sacrifice for the dramatic speed improvements and the return
the count and paging of results.  You can still click on a collection on the
homepage and then search within the collection, which gives you almost as
much power as the missing multi-keyword search feature.

If you need help looking for clips, please see:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010406591033.aspx

We look forward to your feedback on these changes and will be working hard
over the next few months to continue to improve the site.

Thanks for your patience!

Eric Lawrence
Program Manager
Assistance and Worldwide Services

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Dulcinea" <Dulcinea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> thank you so much for adding page count in the online clipart section! It
> helps me to decide how deep I want to go in my search!

0
gsauer (5093)
8/28/2004 9:14:27 AM
Well WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I haven't used the clipart download page for a couple of weeks so I didn't
see the change. How wonderful! And Eric's right - it does appear faster.
ZOOM!

I'm okay with looking up one keyword at a time. It's well worth the speed
and the page count.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> This was a feature a lot of people missed. The clipart page is faster...
> This is what Eric Lawrence wrote in the Design Gallery newsgroup.
>
> I just wanted to let everyone know about some long-awaited changes that
> we made to the Office Online Clip Art website this afternoon.
>
> Clip Art paging is back!  You can now see how many results your search
> returned, and jump to a specific page.  This was our top feature request
> for
> many months now, and it's finally here.
>
> You'll also find that the site, and using the Web Collections inside Clip
> Organizer, is now MUCH faster.  We've made some major improvements to our
> search speed, and overall you should get clipart much faster.  If you're
> using the website, you can also improve your overall speed if you click
> the
> "Options" link at the top right corner and choose to show MORE clips per
> page (showing fewer clips means it's more likely that you'll have to ask
> for
> the next full page of clips to find the one you're looking for.)
>
> Unfortunately, we did lose one feature in making the site much faster and
> bringing back count-- you can now only search for one keyword at a time,
> like on the old "Design Gallery Live" website.  Our users told us this was
> an acceptable sacrifice for the dramatic speed improvements and the return
> the count and paging of results.  You can still click on a collection on
> the
> homepage and then search within the collection, which gives you almost as
> much power as the missing multi-keyword search feature.
>
> If you need help looking for clips, please see:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010406591033.aspx
>
> We look forward to your feedback on these changes and will be working hard
> over the next few months to continue to improve the site.
>
> Thanks for your patience!
>
> Eric Lawrence
> Program Manager
> Assistance and Worldwide Services
>

> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
> "Dulcinea" <Dulcinea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> thank you so much for adding page count in the online clipart section! It
>> helps me to decide how deep I want to go in my search!

---

jl_amerson (3088)
8/28/2004 2:20:01 PM
I am looking for a way to page a book with page 1 beginning with the body of
the book rather than the title page.  I haven't been able to get the
assigning of the master page to a subsequent range of pages to work.
--
BAndrews

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> This was a feature a lot of people missed. The clipart page is faster... This is what
> Eric Lawrence wrote in the Design Gallery newsgroup.
>
> I just wanted to let everyone know about some long-awaited changes that
> we made to the Office Online Clip Art website this afternoon.
>
> Clip Art paging is back!  You can now see how many results your search
> returned, and jump to a specific page.  This was our top feature request for
> many months now, and it's finally here.
>
> You'll also find that the site, and using the Web Collections inside Clip
> Organizer, is now MUCH faster.  We've made some major improvements to our
> search speed, and overall you should get clipart much faster.  If you're
> using the website, you can also improve your overall speed if you click the
> "Options" link at the top right corner and choose to show MORE clips per
> page (showing fewer clips means it's more likely that you'll have to ask for
> the next full page of clips to find the one you're looking for.)
>
> Unfortunately, we did lose one feature in making the site much faster and
> bringing back count-- you can now only search for one keyword at a time,
> like on the old "Design Gallery Live" website.  Our users told us this was
> an acceptable sacrifice for the dramatic speed improvements and the return
> the count and paging of results.  You can still click on a collection on the
> homepage and then search within the collection, which gives you almost as
> much power as the missing multi-keyword search feature.
>
> If you need help looking for clips, please see:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010406591033.aspx
>
> We look forward to your feedback on these changes and will be working hard
> over the next few months to continue to improve the site.
>
> Thanks for your patience!
>
> Eric Lawrence
> Program Manager
> Assistance and Worldwide Services
>

> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
> "Dulcinea" <Dulcinea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > thank you so much for adding page count in the online clipart section! It
> > helps me to decide how deep I want to go in my search!

0
BAndrews1 (1)
1/30/2007 5:45:00 PM
BAndrews wrote:
> I am looking for a way to page a book with page 1 beginning with the
> body of the book rather than the title page.  I haven't been able to
> get the assigning of the master page to a subsequent range of pages
> to work.
==================================
Have you tried going to...Insert / Section.

--

      John Inzer
MS Picture It! MVP

      Digital Image