P2002 S-L-O-W on Page Change

Recently "upgraded" to Publisher 2002 from Publisher
2000.  A three-page document now requires about 45 seconds
to switch from one page to another.  One of the pages has
about 12 text frames and 3 photos. I copied the file and
removed all frames.  Same delay.  (And this file, that now
has no visible content, has a size of 2.2MB.)

This behavior is identical on two machines (removed 2002
from one machine and installed on another.) First machine
is W2K, 600MHz, 256MB.  Second is XP, 2.3GHz, 512MHz.

Is this video related?  Both machines have 64MB display
cards.  All Office, OS, and driver updates have been
applied.

I contacted my vendor about returning 2002.  He asked if I
had queried MS tech support.  How do I do that without
having to pay more for a product that doesn't work? I
can't find any free support.

Thanks,

John
0
jmw1 (1)

Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a
message from John Wendt <jmw@SingingViiolin.com>
<snip>

Please refer to your original post, which has arrived and been replied to.
The [+] next to the title shows that there are replies.  Click it to see the