Option to shadow shapes & text boxes in Publisher 2003

MS Office help offers the following instructions referencing a SHADOW STYLE
OPTION; THIS OPTION DOES NOT APPEAR ON MY DROP DOWN LIST OF OPTIONS!!!
Select the picture, AutoShape, WordArt or text box that you want to change.
On the Formatting toolbar, click Shadow Style , and do one of the following:
    Add or remove a shadow
    To add a shadow, click the shadow style you want.
    To remove a shadow, click No Shadow.
    Change the direction of the shadow
    To change the direction of a shadow, click a shadow that goes the
direction you want.
    Change the distance of the shadow from the object
    Click Shadow Settings, then click any of the four Nudge Shadow buttons.
Each time you click Nudge Shadow, the shadow moves 1 point farther from the
object.
Change the color of a shadow

I can't figure out how to initate a shadow so thanks for the help!
madamtobi

0
madamtobi (4)

madamtobi <madamtobi@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard
to utter:
> MS Office help offers the following instructions referencing a SHADOW
> STYLE OPTION; THIS OPTION DOES NOT APPEAR ON MY DROP DOWN LIST OF
> OPTIONS!!! Select the picture, AutoShape, WordArt or text box that
> you want to change. On the Formatting toolbar, click Shadow Style ,

The help file references your *toolbar*.  A toolbar is not a drop-down list
of items, it is just there.

Your formatting toolbar is the one that contains your Font and Size buttons,
the Bold and Italic icons, etc.
The Shadow Style button is the last but one button on it.
If you do not have your buttons showing on two rows, you will want to drag
the formatting toolbar (using the little handle on the left of the Style
button) to a new location.
The Shadow Style drop-down will give you a button to open the Shadow
Settings toolbar.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
2/7/2005 3:36:00 PM
Right-click any toolbar, click shadow settings. The shadow settings toolbar will be
on your desktop.  Any object that can have a shadow, once selected, the shadow
settings toolbar will become active.
--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"madamtobi" <madamtobi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> MS Office help offers the following instructions referencing a SHADOW STYLE
> OPTION; THIS OPTION DOES NOT APPEAR ON MY DROP DOWN LIST OF OPTIONS!!!
> Select the picture, AutoShape, WordArt or text box that you want to change.
> On the Formatting toolbar, click Shadow Style , and do one of the following:
>    Add or remove a shadow
>    To add a shadow, click the shadow style you want.
>    To remove a shadow, click No Shadow.
>    Change the direction of the shadow
>    To change the direction of a shadow, click a shadow that goes the
> direction you want.
>    Change the distance of the shadow from the object
>    Click Shadow Settings, then click any of the four Nudge Shadow buttons.
> Each time you click Nudge Shadow, the shadow moves 1 point farther from the
> object.
> Change the color of a shadow
>
> I can't figure out how to initate a shadow so thanks for the help!
> madamtobi

0
gsauer (5093)