Opening Publisher with blank page

I have just upgraded to 2007 from 2003. Somehow I had managed to have my
program come up with a blank page instead of the templates whenever I opened
Publisher. BUT I can't figure out how I did it. Can anybody help? PLEASE

Tools, Options, uncheck Show Publication Types when starting Publisher.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"nonserenity" <nonserenity@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have just upgraded to 2007 from 2003. Somehow I had managed to have my
> program come up with a blank page instead of the templates whenever I opened
> Publisher. BUT I can't figure out how I did it. Can anybody help? PLEASE

0
mary-sauer (6480)
2/1/2008 4:40:14 PM
THANK YOU, THANK YOU
I knew there was a way, but got tired of looking
Hey, glad to help...

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> THANK YOU, THANK YOU
> I knew there was a way, but got tired of looking

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Auto-update Fill Series in column that has randomly spaced blank c
Hi, I have a worksheet of projects listed by quarter. A cell (say A6) contains QTR 1, followed by cells in column A filled with a series (1,2,3...say up to 12). Then comes a blank row followed by a row containing words "QTR 2" and then the fill series continues from where it left under QTR 1 i.e. 13,14,15...say up to 18. And so on for QTR 3 and QTR 4. When a new project is added, I want to be able to add a row and with minimal steps, want the fill series below this added new project, to update. When I delete a row (project), I want the fill series to automatically ...

Excel 2000 tries to open unrecognizable file on startup
Hi, For the last couple of weeks, when I first open Excel I get a Microsoft Excel Error pop-up window that says "This file is not in a recognizable format....". I am uncertain what file it is trying to open, but when I click "cancel" it opens books1.xls. Which I usually ignore and go into "open file" and pick my excel file. Any idea what is going on? Win98 Excel 2000 -- Thanks - Jeff Jeff I suspect one of two things 1) Excel opens all files in it xlStart folder. Search for this and remove anything without an .xls, xlt extension 2) If you go to Tools&g...

Publisher Webpage
I have created a web page using Publisher 2003 on our local server. When I upload the web page to an offsite data bank all of my hyperlinks pointing to PowerPoint presentation and Word Documents still point to our local server. Is there an easy way to have the hyperlinks point to the my files on the offsite data bank? -- ckaras Reference: Including external files in a Publisher web http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80561.aspx DavidF "ckaras" <ckaras@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28BD64D5-AAA1-4842-86EF-403C41D2B3B9@microsoft.com....

How do I send a various page email?
Hi. I have created a catalog in publisher which has 4 pages. How do i e-mail this all at the one time? Convert it to a pdf file and send it as an attachment. Many folks here like the free Primopdf: www.primopdf.com Or if you want an excellent modestly priced pdf creating program, give PDF-XChange a try. They also have a great pdf Tools program. http://www.docu-track.com/downloads/users/ -- Don Vancouver USA "ALVEZ" <ALVEZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE612FFB-BCEB-41A3-9898-D9DC55349ADF@microsoft.com... > Hi. I have created a catalog in pu...

Need to Load Publisher
I have Publisher 98 CD and lost the jewel case that had the CD Key Value. I have anew computer and just needs the functionality of Publisher 98. How can I get the 11-disgit key value? I have a valid product ID when I loded the software on the old computer Help?? MIke http://www.phroogle.com/index.php?str=p&st=4520 -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Mike" <mbenya@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:027d01c3c...

Can I import a .pdf file into publisher
I tried to copy and paste from InDesign and it did not work. Can you import any type of file into publisher. Example: .pdf or .eps No. Publisher is pretty much a stand all by itself program. If you can't copy and paste into it, you're kind of sorely out of luck. You can put pictures into a Pub file but you can't go back and edit the individual parts of them, such as text. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Graphix grl" <Graphixgrl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88493145-8B59-4131-AD33-C916D22CF63C@microsoft.com... >I tried...

open a new instance of excel for each file ? (Vista / Seven)
Hi people, How under Vista & Win7 can we open a new instance of excel for each file ? thx a lot people. ...

Can I print one page landscape and the next page portrait on same.
I am trying to print the 3 pages of one worksheet and can not figure out how to make page one print out as landscape, page 2 to print out as portrait and page 3 to print out as landscape. I'd record a macro when I printed page 1 as landscape, then page 2 as portrait and then page 3 as landscape. So I could just rerun that macro when I needed it. lisajillian wrote: > > I am trying to print the 3 pages of one worksheet and can not figure out how > to make page one print out as landscape, page 2 to print out as portrait and > page 3 to print out as landscape. -- Dave Pet...

error when opening large file
Hi, I am trying to open a large file in Publisher 2002, and Publisher just closes right up. ANy clues? How large is large? Do you get any error message? Did you create this file or was it passed on to you? -- JoAnn Paules - MVP Microsoft Publisher "sherri" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1d10701c4229e$127b63b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, I am trying to open a large file in Publisher 2002, > and Publisher just closes right up. > > ANy clues? Have you got the garbage trash junk Symantec Norton installed? If you have, RE-move/UN-i...

Mulitple workbooks open simultaneously
Hi I'm new to the forum, so please forgive me if this subject has already been addressed... I have great problems opening more than one workbook at a time. Excel works ok if I open it, open a workbook and then open it again to open the second, but, if I open one instance of Excel and then file/open and file/open again (mainly because I have linked cells to other workbooks), then quite often Excel will encounter some error or other and close down. Frequently it will try to recover whatever workbooks were open and offer them up for re-load afterwards. I don't think these file...

Comprimming photos in Publisher Office 2003
I made all the steps described at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA011266301033.aspx, additional downloaded SP2, but icon compress picture doesn´t appear in the toolbar, what to do to optimize pics for publishing website? Pls help, tks. Right-click a toolbar, click customize, commands tab, select picture, scroll down on the right to the compress picture icon, drag it to the picture toolbar. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "dsauer" <dsauer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

How do I creat a 8-1/5 x 14 template in Publisher?
I am creating a newsletter for my business and the boss wants to use 8-1/2 x 14 papers. How do I customize a template to and make it like a book where you staple it in the middle? Help!!! Lace wrote: > I am creating a newsletter for my business and the boss wants to use 8-1/2 x > 14 papers. How do I customize a template to and make it like a book where you > staple it in the middle? Help!!! File > Page Setup > Printer and Paper. Use this dialog to set your paper size. There are templates that use a Booklet fold by default. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http:/...

how do I delete a blank second page on a document I have saved
I have a document saved in word which has a blank second page that prints out every time I print the document. How do I delete tat page without deleting my saved document? See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Butter" <Butter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E03F3F53-78F9-4873-97F0-961A7A311FA8@microsoft.com... >I have a document saved in word which has a blank second page that prints >out > every time I print th...

HELP!! Repeating Text over multiple Pages
I created a template containing a title, picture, map, and text box. The text box in particular contains information pertaining to a specific location. I created a 131 individual files using that template and everything came out looking great (thanks Microsoft). I had to create 131 individuals files because we needed to have it backed up for our server at work. The problem I am having now is when I attempted to combine each of 131 files by copying and pasting them into 1 publisher file containing 131 pages. The title, picture and map all preserve their own information. HOWEVER, the in...

Open hyperlink
In the absence of another method to check Bluecoat, I decided to copy/paste the web page to a sheet and get the values I need from two cells - not pretty but it works. First part of the question How do I ensure the webpage has finished loading before copy? Second part How can I stop IE8 asking the Q it always asked when first run about using default settings (accelerators, etc)? -- Steve ...

Microsoft Publisher 2002
All of a sudden I can no longer even open Microsoft Publisher on my son's computer. Recently there was an Windows update that referred to program authentication. We had installed this publisher program on this computer after our previous computer crashed but we only have it running on one computer so this is very frustrating! I have tried reinstalling the program to no avail. I would be extremely grateful if there was a solution to this problem. Use the phone activation and explain. 888-652-2342 (Not sure this number is still valid) Was the program installed when you bought...

How can I know when a printer has finished a page?
Hi, I have a problem where I am printing multiple pages on preprinted paper from a tray and sometimes a different preprinted paper must be inserted into the printer in the manual feed for one or two pages then back to the tray feed, so I have the program display a dialog to prompt the user to insert the new paper. The problem is because of spooling if the user does not know to wait for the printer to pause, they can insert the paper at the wrong point. So what I realy need to know is there anyway of the printer to tell my program when it has finished printing pages then I can display the di...

publisher and pdf files
I would like to import a pdf file (a map) into publisher (2002) and place over the map, text, graphics, etc. Any suggestions on how to do this? Keith Open the PDF, use the snapshot tool, copy the map, paste it into Publisher. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Hobbs Family" <hobbhavn@fretel.com> wrote in message news:121mkv8p9fg0u74@corp.supernews.com... >I would like to import a pdf file (a map) into publisher (2002) and place over >the map, text, graphics, etc. Any suggestions on how to do t...

Close button on Crystal Reports page
Hello Community When an ASP.Net application produces an embedded Crystal Report, if the Crystal Report is in fullscreen mode is there a way to put an Close button on the Crystal Report so that when the button is clicked the Crystal Report will close and the application screen behind it that called it can be visible again? Thanks Jeff -- JB ...

No Open Relay Still Spam
The exchange server is not an open relay but still spam is getting in and being sent??? Any ideas You need an anti-spam filter, like MailEssentials from www.gfi.com, or Block and Tackle from www.turbogeeks.com and I would also recommend the Open Relay Filter from www.vamsoft.com -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Exchange MVP www.exchangetrainer.com www.msexchange.org "FB" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1131801c3bf4e$1ed9cb50$a601280a@phx.gbl... > The exchange server is not an open relay but still spam > is getting in and being sent??? > > A...

Users cannot open attachments intermittenly
Exchange 5.5 still and we just got hit by the virus yesterday. That has been taken care of but my users cannot open their attatchments at first. It errors out on them, but if you go out and back in it will open. Any ideas? We have users also not getting e-mail period or it is like their connections are really slow. What are you using for AV on the Exch Server? On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 09:29:02 -0800, Rob <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Exchange 5.5 still and we just got hit by the virus yesterday. That has been >taken care of but my users cannot open their attatchments...

message configure office xp with front page
Hi. I have a problem when starting up Excel. A message window comes up and says 'please wait while office xp configures with frontpage' . Then asks for the installation CD of office XP. I don't have the installation CD, and I don't use front page. The message came up a while back and I lost the excel icon entirely from Office toolbar. I had to pin it to startmenu manually from office short cut bar. Is there any chance I can end this problem? I think it has something to do with Visio which I installed and uninstalled after about a week because I didn't need it. Wi...

Animation in Publisher
I would like to add animation to my document in Publisher. However, when I add an animated graphic it appears as clip art and not animated. What am I doing wrong? Thank you for your assistance. Other than using the web/html (not publications/documents) output in Microsoft Publisher, animation is not supported in Microsoft Publisher. -- Brian Kvalheim "Eva" wrote: > I would like to add animation to my document in Publisher. However, when I > add an animated graphic it appears as clip art and not animated. What am I > doing wrong? Thank you for your assistance....

Please help me identify the version of Publisher that is needed to open my client's pub files
I recently formatted a customer's computer and reinstalled Windows on it and in the process they lost their Publisher application. I saved all of their pub files and other documents before I formatted it. No one in the place knew what version of Publisher they were using and they do not have a version of Publisher that will open the files. I went through their "computer stuff" box which had most of their important stuff in it like their OS disks, Office disks, and stuff like that. There was a disk in there for Publisher 97 and I installed that but it would not open their pub ...

Page Orientation #4
I've checked 'Help' in Publisher and know how to change the orientation for one page in my publication but when I do that, all pages in the publication become the same orientation. How do you have different page orientations in the same publication? Thanks. You can't. What you can do is to create your different oriented page separately, copy all, paste it into the main .pub file then rotate it if you want to maintain one document. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Buffy" <Buffy...