Opening Publisher 2002 Files

When trying to open a file in a terminal server environment I get the
following error. Microsoft Publisher: The file s:\04a.pub cannot be opened.
Access privileges have not been given. Publisher 2002 is installed on both
Windows 2000 Terminal Servers.
0
Engineer (6)

Is the file on a network drive? If so, try copying it over to your local
drive.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Senior Systems Engineer" <Senior Systems
Engineer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When trying to open a file in a terminal server environment I get the
> following error. Microsoft Publisher: The file s:\04a.pub cannot be
> opened.
> Access privileges have not been given. Publisher 2002 is installed on both
> Windows 2000 Terminal Servers.

0
jl_amerson (3088)

Where is Microsoft Publisher 2002?
Microsoft Publisher 2000 was included in Microsoft Office 2000 Professional. I installed Microsoft Office XP Professional, but I can't find Microsoft Publisher 2002(XP). Did Microsoft Publisher 2002(XP) have to be purchased separately? If it is part of the Office XP bundle how do I load it. Not all versions of Office are the same as other versions - just like the different editions vary. You need to read the box to make sure you are getting what you need - or to see what program are included. Pub 2002 had to be purchased separately because it wasn't included with any retail s...

Publisher 2000 changes default font
Having loaded Publisher 2000 onto a Win98 m/c I have discovered fonts used by Groupwise have changed. This implies that P2000 has changed the default font somewhere - any ideas please? How do I change the fonts in GroupWise http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10061270.htm -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "PS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1be4401c45220$f2b1b4a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Having loaded Publisher 2000 onto a Win98 m/c I have > discover...

email set up in publisher

automatically naming files for savingb

Article published by Microsoft reg. 'Event' custom entity
Recently, I found a great article published by Microsoft that contains a sample code on how to create a custom entity, event. I thought that I bookmarked it but cannot find it. Has anyone seen it and can provide a hyperlink? I will really appreciate it. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa682866.aspx you'll probably find it in the above link "mkatsev" wrote: > Recently, I found a great article published by Microsoft that contains a > sample code on how to create a custom entity, event. I thought that I > bookmarked it but cannot find it. Has anyone seen...

Outlook 2002 SP3- Runtime Error when opening Outlook
I'm getting a runtime error- Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library / Program C:/Program Files/ microsoftoffice/ office10 /outlook.exe. This App has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusal way. This only happen the first time I open Outlook for the day. It shuts down, then I can reopen it and all is fine. I have try to debug it and the detect & repair option in the help tab. Any help is Appreciated! ...

how do i recover data in publisher
i have been entering addresses to set up a mail merge. i cllicked the "ok" button in the window and lost all data . can i recover it Look in a folder in My Documents named "My Data Sources". Publisher data is saved as .mdb(Access) file. Did you try selecting "Edit Address List" in the Mailings and Catalog menu (Tools)? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "dee" <dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:690430F1-36DE-47EE-8B7D-DD12A096C075@microsoft.com... >i have been entering addresses to set up a mail merge. i cllicked ...

Failed to open mmf error appears
A pop up window appears with the message 'failed to oepn mmf'. I assume it is referring to Microsoft mail format. What could be triggering this error. What version of Outlook, and when do you see this error? EllenB wrote: > A pop up window appears with the message 'failed to oepn > mmf'. I assume it is referring to Microsoft mail format. > > > What could be triggering this error. >-----Original Message----- >What version of Outlook, and when do you see this error? > >EllenB wrote: >> A pop up window appears with the message 'fail...

Deleted file in Outlook
I accidentaly deleted a folder in Outlook 2003 and am wondering if it possible to retreive it. Thank you, Karl youthminman@yahoo.com <youthminman@yahoo.com> wrote: > I accidentaly deleted a folder in Outlook 2003 and am wondering if it > possible to retreive it. Unless you permanently deleted it (i.e., held down Shift when pressing Delete), it will be in your Deleted items folder, unless you've emptied that folder. If you have emptied it, other suggestions depend on knowing what data store you're using (PST or Exchange mailbox). -- Brian Tillman ...

Publisher 2003 #42
I am working on a 50+ page document in Publisher 2003, which I imported from Word. Suddenly, pages that were previously consecutive are "jumping" when I scroll through the document, jumping from page 19 to 33, etc. The text box links at the bottom of each page are working. I've tried cutting and pasting into a new document in case this one is corrupt, but with no success. I'd hate to have to start again, because I don't know what I could do differently, but this document is useless the way it is. Any ideas? Thanks. - Eldeem Description of the "Import Word Document...

Outlook 2002 #134
Outlook 2002 worked well on my XP pro machine - then MS sent us the new software pack and I installed Outlook 2003 - I can't remember why, but I couldn't make any sense of 2003, uninstalled it, re-installed 2002 and since then I can't do a 'send and recieve all' - I am reduced to doing a send and recieve on each account individually and have been for a few months. This also means i can't do an automatic send and recieve. When i do 'send and recieve all' i get the error message "operation failed". HELP! ...

Publish as PDF or XPS plug-in
I am using Publisher 2007 on a Windows XP Pro 2002 SP3 box. When I go File > Publish as PDF or XPS and publish a document using the default settings for high quality printing with the "Open file after publishing" option enabled, the PDF opens in Adobe Acrobat 4.0. In the Windows Tools > Folder Options > File Types window, I have configured the file type PDF to open with Adobe Reader 9.0. When I double click a PDF on the desktop, the PDF opens in Adobe Reader 9.0. When I use the publish as PDF or XPS plug-in to create a PDF, the PDF opens in Adobe Acrobat 4.0. Why? Ch...

Email links open to My Documents
When I go to my blue hyperlinks in Outlook 2003, instead of being taken to the website, I am taken to my own My Documents....when I right click, I cannot copy and paste because the copy is grayed out. I really need to repair this ASAP and would appreciate any help. I am using Office 2003 and Windows XP Pro. Thank you! Try rebooting your system >-----Original Message----- >When I go to my blue hyperlinks in Outlook 2003, instead of being taken to >the website, I am taken to my own My Documents....when I right click, I >cannot copy and paste because the copy is grayed out. &...

Can't open html format email in outlook xp
Dear all , I can't open and create html format emails in outlook XP . I think I lost some html and RTF components , I tried to reinstall the outlook xp and selected all the related options , but still can't work. Could anyone help me to solve the problem? Thank in advance Stanley ...

XML File Converter for MS 2004
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel I'm a high school teacher. I write power points on MS 2004 on my Mac and transfer them to my school's PC that has MS 2003. This worked great, with exception of minor formatting changes, until a month ago. Power points that I previously opened on that PC, along with new ones, would not open - this is disasterous for instruction. My tech says 1) the school's PC may have had updates that caused the new problem and 2) that I should install the Open XML File Converter for Mac's MS 2004. I'm concerned tha...

Clearing "Find" History in OL 2002
I have used the "find" option to locate emails and now wish to clear them out and start fresh. There have gotten to be too many in my drop down list. How do I do this? ...

how do I transfer file from Clipboard to an e-mail message
How do I transfer a file from Outlook clipboard or C drive to the body of an e-mail message NOT as an attachment. thanks you would need to open the file and copy the contents. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOF...

Unable to install 2000 Publisher upgrade on new computer
I have a new computer with office xp professional, but the publisher application that came with xp does not have the same functionality of the office 2000 professional publisher that i created most of my publications with. I can not get the "2000 upgrade" that I purchased to install on my new computer. It says that there is not a valid product to update. Is there some way around this? Do you have any old Microsoft product disks that you can install? Works, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Lotus 1-2-3, Microsoft Project or Word. Publisher 2002 is superior to 2000. What features ...

Transferring files to a new computer
Hi - I'm in the process of configuring my new Windows XP with MSFT Small Biz. I was running Windows 98 and using Outlook 2000. Now I want to copy all my old emails, folders, addresses etc. into the new version of Outlook 2003 but I can't seem to find it. It's not recognizing my saved files as .PST files. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks, daviskho "daviskho" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052801c3dbb0$e46e5970$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi - I'm in the process of configuring my new Windows XP > with MSFT Small Biz. ...

Too large to send, yet the file gets saved.
I noticed that a user's mailbox grew from 100KB to 400KB in a few days. This got my attention. I pokjed around and found that he had tried to zip a really big file and send it to his AOL account. (we won't talk about what was in that single file that would not compress al that well :-) ) The file was 161MB (obviously this is larger than global message delivery default) and it was in both his sent items and found in the bounce-back message from the system administrator: This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter messa...