Opening Page format

Using MS Publisher 2002, I want the opening page to show only a blank
page, not a graphic showing - in a third of the screen - a selection
of "scheme - options - designs"

Help/advice will be appreciated.
0
pill (11)

If it takes up a third of the page you must be using 640 x 480 -
UNBELIEVABLE

Go to menu Tools > Options tab General second item down - DE-select

donotknock (1941)
9/10/2003 7:44:07 AM
On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 17:44:07 +1000, "���MS�Publisher���"
<donotknock@nobodyhome.com> wrote:

>If it takes up a third of the page you must be using 640 x 480 -
>UNBELIEVABLE

I'm not.

>Go to menu Tools > Options tab General second item down - DE-select
It doesn't

Thanks anyway.

0
pill (11)
9/10/2003 8:03:04 PM
It does work.

You must be doing something wrong.

donotknock (1941)
9/10/2003 9:59:34 PM
On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 07:59:34 +1000, "���MS�Publisher���"
<donotknock@nobodyhome.com> wrote:

>It does work.
>
>You must be doing something wrong.
______________________________________
I open MS Publisher 2002 (10.2621.2625)

The left hand third of the screen is taken up a
drop down menu containing the following icons...
Quick Publication Options
Publication Designer
Colour Schemes
Font Schemes

The right hand two thirds of the screen is
occupied by a 47% blank A4 Page

I followed your instructions...
opened 'Options'  then 'General' and attempted to
de-select the second box down  ( Use New
Publication Task Pane at Startup) but it
isn't selected.

Please advise?

Coincidentally, I change the ruler measure from
centimetres to inches and OK the process,
but the amendment isn't saved and the next
time I switch on, it has reverted to centimetres.?

Thank you in anticipation.
pill (11)
9/11/2003 8:00:11 PM
Serendipity I can assure you the second item down as shown in the attached
screen capture stops the Task Pane opening when you start Publisher.  I have
tried it twice.

Have you installed the Updates to Publisher 2002.  I don't know if this was
an issue in the un-patched version, but it certainly works on my patched
version.

Because your country users the proper measuring system Metric, the defaults
on your Windows operating system are set to Metric.
For each new publication you will have to change your Publisher settings to
that old outdated obsolete stupid bizarre lousy imperial system.  If you
want to change it permanently, you can change your country to the outdated
USA, but then your spelling will be incorrect in Yankee Englise.

donotknock (1941)
9/12/2003 8:06:45 AM
MS*Publisher.
		I can assure you that my set up tallies exactly match
those shown in your screen snatch, but nothing changes and I still
open to the rogue screen. Perhaps I should re-install ?

As to the measurements, it is the USA spell check etc - and therefore
the other settings - are 'American,' proof being that it can't spell
:-)

Thank you for your efforts on my behalf.
________________________________

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 18:06:45 +1000, "���MS�Publisher���"
<donotknock@nobodyhome.com> wrote:

>Serendipity I can assure you the second item down as shown in the attached
>screen capture stops the Task Pane opening when you start Publisher.  I have
>tried it twice.
>
>Have you installed the Updates to Publisher 2002.  I don't know if this was
>an issue in the un-patched version, but it certainly works on my patched
>version.
>
>Because your country users the proper measuring system Metric, the defaults
>on your Windows operating system are set to Metric.
>For each new publication you will have to change your Publisher settings to
>that old outdated obsolete stupid bizarre lousy imperial system.  If you
>want to change it permanently, you can change your country to the outdated
>USA, but then your spelling will be incorrect in Yankee Englise.

0
pill (11)
9/12/2003 6:09:43 PM
Re-installing seldom fixes anything.

Have you installed the Service Packs for Publisher.
http://office.microsoft.com

If you want to have UK English you need to change your Keyboard settings in
Control Panel to your local countries keyboard.
Remove the US keyboard after adding the UK keyboard.

donotknock (1941)

SharePoint (WSS) 2007 / Outlook 2007 - Alert
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00AD_01C70E47.83B45950 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We have setup a SharePoint Server (WSS) 2007 and are using the alerting = functionality. After we changes stuff on WSS, an alert message is generated and sent to = an email account. This e-mail account is hosted on an Exchange 2003 server. When using Outlook 2007 to open the e-mail, we get: Cannot open this item. Wenn using OWA the e-mail can be opene fine. Does somehow have an explanation for th...

disable Review toolbar which came up automatically when opening a.
How can I disable the Review Toolbar which comes up automatically when opening a file? In the Workbook VBA actions. The top left hand corner there is an Excel logo, not the one in th blue program bar, but in the menu bar. Right Click and select "View Code" There will be two drop down boxes one that will probably say General if this has never been entered previously. Change the box on the right to Workbook. Then Change the right hand box to "Activate" Insert the following code Application.CommandBars("Reviewing").Visible = False exit the VBA screen and t...

"the wizard is unable to open your query in datasheet mode, possi
"the wizard is unable to open your query in datasheet mode, possibly because another user has a source table open in exclusive mode. your query will be opened in design view" what this message mean ,and how can i solve it Hi - Please provide more details as to what you are doing when you get the error, what your database setup is (i.e. split Fe/BE?, multiuser?, version? etc). Without more information, we can only guess. Thanks - John amr wrote: >"the wizard is unable to open your query in datasheet mode, possibly because >another user has a ...

Cell Format #4

Formatting #13
Hi How can i have codes in this form 00.00.0000.00, & i wanted to sum to the values below like next code, 00.00.0000(+1).00 I'm tired to format but always sum in the last 2 digits 00.00.0000.00(+1), what can i do Someone can help me Thanks How did you put 00.00.0000.00 in the cell? Did you type 0 and then give it a custom format? If yes, try changing your custom format to: 00\.00\.\0000.00 Then add 1, but make sure that the resulting cell also has this custom format. This is really a funny formatted number with 2 decimal places now. Carla wrote: > > Hi, > How can i ...

Investment Summary on Home Page
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C4EF37.6BEB29B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Okay, I have had investments that I have sold completely within an = account and purchased other investments. When I go to "My Money" home = page, it will still show the old investment under the "Investment = Summary", "Investment Performance" and "Best and Worst Performance" = sections, along with the new investments. How can I clear out the old = investments from...

Excel 2000 vs. Excel 2002

Page up and Page down
Is there any way the you can use Code to cause a form to do page up and page down. I have a Long form that some of the information that is at the bottom of the form is out of view and only use by certain people. How can I have a botton on click go page down to the bottom and another button that will return the form to the top of the form. I know that you can use the keys to accomplish this but for appearance value I would rather use a button on the form to accomplish this. any ideas? Sandrao, You can put a Page Break control on your form. Then, code on the Click event of your button...

conditional formatting in excel #3

Opening .prn files in XL2000

Trying to open the current db in Access 2010 through Access Basic
I haven't programmed in Access Basic in quite a long time. Through Access Basic coding, I use to be able to open the current database and then open a table and walk through each record. Now I can't even open the database. Does anybody have an example of how to do the following: 1) Open Workspace 2) Open Current Database (assume name is unknown during run time 3) Open specific table 4) Step through each record and access the fields George C. Derkacs <George C. Derkacs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I haven't programmed in Access Basic in quite a lon...

How many pages can a booklet have?
Hi how many pages can a booklet have? Is there a limit to the pages in a publisher booklet. Each page has three photos. There is no limit, your RAM may decide for you. What version Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Verystumped" <Verystumped@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F2778CF-7B14-4BDD-93C5-EF9B39E2C1A7@microsoft.com... > Hi how many pages can a booklet have? Is there a limit to the pages in a > publisher booklet. Each page has three photos. ...

Conitional Formatting
Hello. I have two fields in a subform, "User" and "IT Announcement" I would like to do conditional formatting to this effect: On ther "User" field: If "IT Announcement" = Yes then make the "User" field turn blue (I would choose the color blue from the conditional formatting selection. How would you write this? Thanks. Iram/mcp On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 14:59:01 -0700, Iram wrote: > Hello. > I have two fields in a subform, "User" and "IT Announcement" > I would like to do conditional formatting to this effect: > On...

Excel number formatting #2

Link to Page when saving to web
Hi, I have some drawings that have several shapes with "Go to page on double-click" behavior. How can I keep this functionality when saving as a web page? Thanks ...

Summarising per page
Hi all, I have a worksheet that contains a list of numbers, and in printout is more than 5 printed pages. What I want is to summarise the list per printing page. I want to do this for any printed page length (i.e. Letter, A4,) or orientation (Portrait, Landscape). Thanks in advance, Regards Nick Hi have a look at http://tinyurl.com/2pxmw -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Nick Karoumpalos wrote: > Hi all, > I have a worksheet that contains a list of numbers, and in printout is > more than 5 printed pages. > What I want is to summarise the list per printing page. > ...

insert text to different pages and update
Is there a way to insert a text cell from one page put into another page and when the first page cell is updated the second page cell will also be updated. Using the = sign just displays the formula, not the text. :confused: Thanks Frank -- fwburkey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ fwburkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30314 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=505331 Not clear what you are doing wrong. the formula should look lik =Sheet1!A1 Make sure there is noth...

How do I reverse the order of the pages I've written?
I've written 56 pages in a new book in Publisher, but have inserted them in reverse order, ie; page 56 should be page 1, and so on. How can I fix this ? At the bottom of your screen are little numbered pages. Pick on them with your mouse and drag them where they need to be. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "kaybee" <kaybee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D020743-D49F-4C02-A03C-7D09CB5553A7@microsoft.com... > I've written 56 pages in a new book in Publish...

Help
Hi... I tried to work on Word today for first time on newish Mac and realized none of my Office applications work. When I double click on Word I can see something happening as I get the circle of colours twirling, but half an hour later it still hadn't opened. I just have to do this as quickly as possible as I have a deadline for what I have to do Monday at 12. I've tried reinstalling the software, but that didn't do anything for me. Mind you I know absolutely nothing about installing anything on Mac computers so I could be doing it all wrong. Do any of you have any idea what c...