opening email attachment

help!! i was sent a email attachment in another version of publisher I have
done every thing to get it open....still cant get it open I have publisher
2000 on xp..
please help
0
Me8786 (90)

The file is probably 2002 or 2003. You should contact the person who sent
you the file and ask them to save it as a Pub 2000 file. If you don't have
to edit this file, tell them to convert it to a .pdf file and send you that.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"darlin me" <darlin me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> help!! i was sent a email attachment in another version of publisher I
> have
> done every thing to get it open....still cant get it open I have publisher
> 2000 on xp..
> please help

0
jl_amerson (3088)
1/7/2005 8:52:28 PM
Is that the only way? Im on a deadline and he is not by his comp.... TGIF

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> The file is probably 2002 or 2003. You should contact the person who sent
> you the file and ask them to save it as a Pub 2000 file. If you don't have
> to edit this file, tell them to convert it to a .pdf file and send you that.
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "darlin me" <darlin me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > help!! i was sent a email attachment in another version of publisher I
> > have
> > done every thing to get it open....still cant get it open I have publisher
> > 2000 on xp..
> > please help

0
darlinme (2)
1/7/2005 9:01:02 PM
is that the only way? im on a deadline and they are not by the comp...has to
be Friday..:(

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> The file is probably 2002 or 2003. You should contact the person who sent
> you the file and ask them to save it as a Pub 2000 file. If you don't have
> to edit this file, tell them to convert it to a .pdf file and send you that.
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "darlin me" <darlin me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > help!! i was sent a email attachment in another version of publisher I
> > have
> > done every thing to get it open....still cant get it open I have publisher
> > 2000 on xp..
> > please help

0
darlinme (2)
1/7/2005 9:03:09 PM
Send it to me at jl dot paules at gmail dot com. I will save it as a Pub
2000 file for you.

--

> Is that the only way? Im on a deadline and he is not by his comp.... TGIF
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> The file is probably 2002 or 2003. You should contact the person who sent
>> you the file and ask them to save it as a Pub 2000 file. If you don't
>> have
>> to edit this file, tell them to convert it to a .pdf file and send you
>> that.
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "darlin me" <darlin me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > help!! i was sent a email attachment in another version of publisher I
>> > have
>> > done every thing to get it open....still cant get it open I have
>> > publisher
>> > 2000 on xp..
>> > please help

0
jl_amerson (3088)
1/7/2005 9:41:11 PM
Done  :-)

--

> is that the only way? im on a deadline and they are not by the comp...has
> be Friday..:(
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> The file is probably 2002 or 2003. You should contact the person who sent
>> you the file and ask them to save it as a Pub 2000 file. If you don't
>> have
>> to edit this file, tell them to convert it to a .pdf file and send you
>> that.
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "darlin me" <darlin me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > help!! i was sent a email attachment in another version of publisher I
>> > have
>> > done every thing to get it open....still cant get it open I have
>> > publisher
>> > 2000 on xp..
>> > please help

0
jl_amerson (3088)

Email distribution list from Contact Catagory
Does anyone know how to create an email distribution list in outlook from the Contact folder selecting by catagory? Thanks If you have already gone to the trouble of creating Categories, why do you need a DL? It is easier and more reliable just to send a message to all members of the category by using the Category view of your Contacts Folder, selecting the Category Header > Actions > New Message to Contact. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "TLC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95c501c4338b$a4b39600$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know...

Recovering permanently deleted emails from Outlook 2000
Hi, I set up a rule to 'permanently delete' all junk email. Now I realised that some emails of mine have been deleted. Anyway of recovering them? I now changed the parameters for this feature now!!! Tim Top Man <deltic13@hotmail.com> wrote: > I set up a rule to 'permanently delete' all junk email. Now I realised > that > some emails of mine have been deleted. > > Anyway of recovering them? No need to post more than once. Permanent deletion is, for the most part, permanent and unrecoverable. Tell us, however, what mode you're using for OL 2000...

Opening a selected file in Word from MFC app
Hi all, I've a simple app in which the user can select a file from a list. Then I want to open that file, using Word (as it's a Word document). Nothing too scary, but it's got me stumped. I've tried various samples & examples (automation et al) but have got nowhere. It seems to me that if I can simulate the behaviour of the "Run" box (from the Start-> prompt) then I should be able to just throw the file name at it (similar to double-clicking in Explorer) and all will be well. However, nothing works so far. Has anyone out there any advice for me (aside from...

Opening Money 2000 file in Money 2007
I have Money 2007 Home & Business, version 16.0.150.1303. It seems to work fine except when I try and use it to open a money 2000 file that used UK pounds as the base currency. First I get a message saying it is converting the file, then it says I must specify an exchange rate for $/� which is not available online but when the currency screen comes up it says a file needed to run planner is missing or corrupted and the program closes. If I try and start the new converted file it goes straight to the currency screen with the same missing/corrupted planner file message and I can'...

Out of memory when trying to attach documents
I have serveral users who when attempting to attach documents to an e-mail using Outlook 2000 who get "Out of Memory, or System Resources. Close all programs and try again." Even when no other programs are open. However, if they are in Word and use the Send--> E-Mail option they can use that. They are using Dell Dimensions with 64 MB of RAM. The exchange server is 5.5. Thanks Roger Have they tried cleaning out their mailbox? Roger Andrews wrote: > I have serveral users who when attempting to attach documents to an > e-mail using Outlook 2000 who get "Out of Memory,...

open folder close when reopened
If Ihave several folders open like inbox/recived, inbox/from, inbox/subject, sent/to, drafts, etc. and I go from another folder like MS Word to the bottom Outlook bar to see the folders I have opened and click on one that may already be open but not visible, it closes which is very agrivating, cannot find to change this setting. Version of Outlook? The folder state should be remembered when you switch between navigation panes. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ ...

email from same domain to an external address
Hi My Exchange 2003 server uses pop3 connector to download email for domain companya.com. I need Exchange to forward all email downloaded for bob@companya.com and all internal email sent to bob@companya.com to bobonsite@companya.com which is NOT collected by Exchange. Please, please can anyone tell me how do I do this? Thanks. Francois You'll have to make Exchange non-authoritative for companya.com. You must edit Recipient Policy for that SMT domain. -- Blog "subject: exchange" http://spaces.msn.com/members/ehlo/ "Francois Searle" <francois@comet-online.c...

Outlook wont open #2
When trying to open Outlook 2000 get error message "Exchange server is unavailable." Everything is configured correctly because it used to work fine and all other users in company are able to access Exchange server fine through their Outlook. Also unable to ping Exchange server from PC, but can ping every other server on our network. Any ideas? Thanks in advance Delete your profile and install a new one. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal ...

opening email attachment
help!! i was sent a email attachment in another version of publisher I have done every thing to get it open....still cant get it open I have publisher 2000 on xp.. please help The file is probably 2002 or 2003. You should contact the person who sent you the file and ask them to save it as a Pub 2000 file. If you don't have to edit this file, tell them to convert it to a .pdf file and send you that. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "darlin me" <darlin me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6342D674-0DCE-4420-AC1B-521D0CA8917C@microsoft.com......

Duplicate CRM Email Activities
I have seen many posts about duplicate email activities created when one of the recipients is an internal user. From what I have read it seems clear that most people understand why this is caused (The exchange server the mail router is installed on is a smtp gateway and uses smtp to communicate with the exchange server where the users mailboxes sit therefore the crm mail router routes the email to crm and it is entered as an activity even though the initial email already created an activity.) Is this going to be addressed in an upcoming release or service pack? The deployment do...

Mark copy of sent email as read
Hello, MS OUTLOOK 2003 on XP PRO. I would like to setup a "rule" (either a "Rules Wizard" Rule or code in VBA) to make a copy of every sent email, move it to a folder and mark that copy as read. I did a search on google, and found the command "Item.Unread=false" but I have no idea how to setup the code around it. I hate asking, "Can someone show me how to do the entirety of what I'm asking?" but I've never programmed in Outlook before and I have no idea how to define an event trigger. (In access, I'd be looking for somet...

Exchange Open Relay, sort of...
Hello: I've been working on this open relay issue on my exchange server for a bit and now I come to understand that I do not have an open relay. However there is still a problem. Let's say my domain is foo.com Right now anyone can use my server to send email to my domain users as long as they say it comes from a foo.com address. I tested this by conntecting via telnet into mail.foo.com and useing it to send email from any address with @foo.com to anyone in the domain. For example telnet: open mail.foo.com HELO MAIL FROM:<spammer@foo.com> RCPT to:fred@foo.com dat...

Single Instance of Outlook 2002 Open
Is there a way to restrict how many instances of Outlook can be running simultaneously? I would like to allow only one instance of the program to be open. I didn't think you could open up more than one instance of OL2002. It sure won't let me open up more than one at a time. If I try to launch it again, it merely opens up the existing Outlook window. Larry Williams wrote: > Is there a way to restrict how many instances of Outlook > can be running simultaneously? I would like to allow only > one instance of the program to be open. ...

Unable to Resolve names when i attach a .doc/.xls document using Mail Recipient as at
When i am trying to attach a word/excel document as a attachment(File>>Sent To>>Mail Recipient(As Attachment)) a new outloo envolope opens with the file attached in it, however when i enter a address in To or CC, the same does not get resolved automatically. When i click on To i am unable to see GAL, all i can see is Outloo Address Book and Contact.However if i open a new messsage and type i some name in the TO box i get all the names resolved,and i can see GA as well. All the settings in Services TAb are perfect. Additional Info: Office 2000 Outlook set to use offline access K...

Unable to open Excel file #4
Error message: File cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding. The file was not saved as read-only and the file is on a diskette. Sounds like a bad disk. Copy the disk to the hard drive somewhere an try to open there. -- kkkni ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kkknie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=754 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26520 Vic Cop...

Clear
i had to open another user's folder to verify information in the email. i used Open, Open Other User's Folder... now when i go to Open, the other persons name shows up there. how do i remove it so that it is not listed everytime. i am using Office 2007 with SBS2003 thank you, jat You can either clear this via the registry or via OutlookTools (free). For details see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/clearmru.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, ...

I cannot send publisher doc as email, only attachment
When I try to send a publisher document as email it only allows me to send as an attachment not as the body of the email. Any help? Select all, copy/paste into Outlook... Does your recipient accept HTML emails? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "robertfcurtis" <robertfcurtis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF8FE40B-7998-4417-8701-2C810B9656A5@microsoft.com... > When I try to send a publisher document as email it only allows me to send as > an attachment not as the body of the ema...

shared workbook file wont open for one users
we have a shared workbook......and when one particular user tries to open it .......it starts to open and then closes. Now when i open the file under other accts its fine....and i lock to see who has it open under tool, share workbook, it shows that that user with the problem has it open. we log in to a terminal server and the file is on the server. but its just one user with this issue ... Please Help Sometimes the file that holds the toolbar customizations gets hosed. You could use windows start button|Find to look for *.xlb. Rename all you find to *.xlbOLD Then open exc...

Automatically Forwarding of Outgoing email.
I'm having exchange 2003 enviroment. I need to set automatically forwarding of outgoing email to a specific email. I know there is feature for automatic forwading of outcoming email. Is there any feature for the Outgoing emails? If it is a single user, you create a contact object in AD specifying the external email address. Then modify the user account to forward all mail to the contact address. http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF015.html Chris "Pskilz" <Pindu.Luhoyo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1152690887.720197.134030@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... > I&...

How to activate an open worksheet?
Hi, I have a quick question: How to bring a non-active excel sheet o top? (i.e. make it the active one)? Now let's say I open 2 excel files (A.xls and B.xls). Now, whenever received an input, I have a formula which will be triggered by an OnKe "~". That formula/module will check whether that input belong to A.xl or B.xls. So if I enter an input into A.xls and it does belong t A.xls, nothing happen. However, if I enter an input to A.xls, an actually that input belong to B.xls, I have to delete that input fro A.xls, and fill it to B.xls. I got everything working, but I can't ...

Type mismatch error when opening word doc using automation
I get a Type Mismatch error when trying to open word file by using automation. I am using msword.h header from Office 2007 and compiling with VC++ 6.0. CoInitialize(0); _Application oWord ; Documents oDocs; _Document oDoc; COleVariant vOpt(DISP_E_PARAMNOTFOUND, VT_ERROR); //For optional args //Start Word if(!(oWord.CreateDispatch("Word.Application", NULL))) { AfxMessageBox("Error starting Word.", MB_SETFOREGROUND); return 0; } //Open a document oDocs = oWord.GetDocuments(); //error happens on this line oDoc = oDocs.Open(COleVariant("C:\\PROJECTS\\RRD_OFFIC...

Outlook not sending .doc attachments to OE users
Using OfficeXP, if I attach a Word document (.doc) to the email, only other users off MS Outlook will receive it, but the users of Outlook Express users will not. Now here is the kicker. If I send the email to another MS Outlook user and they forward the message with the attachment, the Outlook Express users will receive the attachments. I even had the email server checked and they say that it shows that the attachments were sent to the Outlook Express users. Any ideas? Is it a Outlook issue or a Outlook Express issue? I think it is a OE issue but any help would be appreciated. Steve...

SOME email imported into exchange 2003 is unreadable
Folks, posted this to several on lists I am on, also did a fair bit of googling with success so far. Any ideas? Please send any direct replys to ms-newsgroup@pdscc.com Thanks Have a bit of a problem. Office running Outlook 2000 in internet only mode. Installed an Exchange 2003 server, setup new profiles etc. Opened the pst in the exchange profile and used the import wizard to import the whole shebang into the exchange profile. All seemed fine until I started getting complaints that people can't access some of the imported messages. When you click on one of these messages, the prev...

Word Attachment generates error from paint??
Help, One of my teachers clicks on a .doc attachment in Outlook 2k, and gets the following error: Paint cannot read this file. This is not a valid bitmap file, or its format is not currently supported. Windows XP Pro is the OS. HELP! The icon on the attachment is for a word document, so why is paint tyring to get in the process?? Steve In news:1126886531.056414.95120@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, w5en@cox.net <w5en@cox.net> typed: > Help, > One of my teachers clicks on a .doc attachment in Outlook 2k, and gets > the following error: Paint cannot read this file. This i...

Email #82
How do I retrieve email I inadvertently deleted in Outlook? Try deleted items, your technical support people (if on an Exchange Server) or maybe your ISP - depends what service you are using. You haven't told us much about your situation!!! Judy Gleeson [MVP Outlook] Acorn Training and Consulting www.acorntraining.com.au Everyone - turn on your Advanced Toolbars and learn how to use the Field Chooser and Group by Box!! "Peegie" <Peegie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68179931-F39C-4E5A-877F-4FBD3BF62A70@microsoft.com... > How do...