Opening a publisher file on a network

I'm working on a three computer network at a local small buinsess. When I
create a publisher file on Computer One, I am unable to open the file on the
other two. A message box comes up and says that the file is locked beacuse it
is already in use in another program, even though there is no other programs
running. What am I missing here? Thanks for the help.

Try doing a copy to your hard drive and then open it.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Batwatcher64" <Batwatcher64@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm working on a three computer network at a local small buinsess. When I
> create a publisher file on Computer One, I am unable to open the file on
> the
> other two. A message box comes up and says that the file is locked beacuse
> it
> is already in use in another program, even though there is no other
> programs
> running. What am I missing here? Thanks for the help.

0
Don

i gave auto-recover a wrong file destination. How can i fix it?
It's a lot easier if you post your question in the body of the message. It can prevent the question from getting truncated. Have you tried: tools|options|Save tab and changing the autorecovery folder location me wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

The png files of WDK sample can't be opened
Dear Sir, I check the Microsoft WDK 7600 sample code. I find the PNG files of WDK swtuner folder, but I can’t watch it on Windows OS.(path is : \WINDDK\7600.16385.0\src\swtuner\MergedDevice\BDADMBTHTuner\Images) I want to use the Microsoft Paint or Adobe Photoshop to edit it, but the picture cannot be opened. I don’t know how to modify it. Could you give me any suggestion? Thanks a lot, Libra Wu <Libra Wu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >I check the Microsoft WDK 7600 sample code. >I find the PNG files of WDK swtuner folder, but I can�t watch it on Windows...

can I forward mail without opening/viewing?
I know that sounds like a weird question, but my ISP invites users to forward spam to a special mailboxes in their never-ending (heh) effort to reduce the flow of the junk. With Outlook, I cannot figure out how to forward a message without its opening up for viewing. This is exactly what I don't want to do, because if it's html I really don't want to validate my email address. TIA Jason -- reverse my name in email address Jason, What you would have to do is create "rules" to do this, which you can set Outlook to if it receives a certain criteria, it can say FWD ...

can't open email attachements to emails
when an incoming email contains an attachment of another email (probably an eml type), i am unable to open the attachment. it shows up as an attachment in the incoming email, with the wrong size (about 170 bytes instead of several K) but when I try to open it, it opens a blank email; actually it is a new email message form. i have asked the sender of one of these messages to send it to another account on a different mail. There the email appears on that server and the attachment is fine and can be opened and read. if i send that attachment within the LAN it is file. I have disabled th...

Send SNP file
How can I send a SNP file to a my aaa folder on my c drive. Here is what I have so far. Thanks. DoCmd.SendObject acSendReport, "123report", acFormatSNP, c:\aaa SendObject is for e-mail only. You want the OutputTo: DoCmd.OutputTo acReport, "123report", "SnapshotFormat(*.snp)", "c:\aaa", False, "", 0 rml wrote: >How can I send a SNP file to a my aaa folder on my c drive. Here is what I >have so far. Thanks. > >DoCmd.SendObject acSendReport, "123report", acFormatSNP, c:\aaa -- Message posted via AccessMonster...

Save bmp to file
I want to grab a bmp off the windows clipboard and then save it to a file on disk. How do I go about doing this? Thanks! Paul Take a look at CImage, it has the capability to Load and Save BMP, JPG, PNG, and GIF files. AliR. "NewbProgrammer" <paul_kiefer@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1111600220.894678.162340@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I want to grab a bmp off the windows clipboard and then save it to a > file on disk. How do I go about doing this? > Thanks! > Paul > You can use GDI+ to save the file after transferring data from clipboard. Foll...

Change in Open Behavior
Seems to me that after I had to reload my Office 2003 the open dialog box acts differently. I remember when I used to type in the name of the file I wanted to open, when it came up in the dialog box I could just hit enter and the file would open. Now when I hit enter it just isolates that file and I have to highlight it and double-click or hit enter. Has anyone seen this change? How can I get the old way back? Bruce ...

lost files
We recently purchased a new PC with Money 2003. I had already added all my portfolio information to a previous (free) version which was automatically transferred to 2003. My free time with 2003 is up and I cannot open my hard drive file or my backup floppy. This has yrs of info on it. Anyone know of any way I can get this info? I do not want to buy the new version. Thx Find somebody who still has the old version to sell you??? I'm not aware of any reputable PC manufacturer bundling a time-limited trial version of Money. Garage Shops may be an exception. If your case is the fo...

How do I open a QuattroPro file using Excel?
Quattro version Excel version If wq1>just open it -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "mcgregor" <mcgregor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2AFD837D-C643-4CDF-B196-8047846DFD1F@microsoft.com... > ...

excel changes a string in a csv file to a date format! how to get around this?
hi experts... i have a csv file with a one field as follows: ........ ,"2300-1-6", ............... this is not a date. it is a string that i want to appear just like that. but in excel, it imports it as a date and changes it to 1/6/2300 i tried to change the cell format from date to general (or text), but this makes it appear as 146104. i tired to rename the .csv file to .txt and play with the import options, but nothing worked. can someone please help! thanks hilz Never mind. i found it. When the file is changed to txt file, the import options can handle it. i just did not know...

OWA Network Config Question
I have Exchange 2003 on Server 2003 in a 192.168.1.x network behind a software firewall which goes into a 10.0.0.1 DMZ network which has a webserver with an address of 10.0.0.2 which is then behind a hardware firewall with an address of 10.0.0.3 and finally out onto the internet with a static address. I need to open up OWA and RWW/RAS into the Exchange 2003 box, can someone point me in the right direction to do this, what ports I need to open and what I need to do to make it secure. Thanks in advance. M On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 21:05:06 -0800, "Ziguana" <Ziguana@discussions.m...

How to open a form with multiple Args
This line of code is suppose to open another form and use these OpenArgs as values in some of the controls in the new form. DoCmd.OpenForm "Invoice by Dates", acNormal, acWindowNormal, OpenArgs:=Me.txtStartDate.Value & "," & Me.txtEndDate.Value & "," & Me.cmbVendor.Value & "," & Me.cmbReviewer I am able to get it to work for the first two Args, i.e. Me.txtStartDate.Value & "," & Me.txtEndDate.Value but I can't get the other Args to show on the 2nd form. I was using this codes, commaOne = InStr...

opening exe attachments in outlook 2003
can someone explain to me how to open .exe attachments in outlook 2003? thanks http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "bhs.staff" <bhill-spence@ecclescollege.ac.uk> wrote in message news:e162fwoMEHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > can someone explain to me how to open .exe attachments in outlook 2003? > > thanks > > Microsoft recommends reading article KB829982 in knowledge base. I did all the steps in it to modify the registry and still nothing. It may work for you though. Roman >-----Original Message----- >can someone explain to me h...

Publisher documents turning into Word documents.
When I have saved a Publisher document (a calendar) to a new folder, it turns into an unreadable Word document. Why? What can I do? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ab5bbe4b-3879-4800-b0dd-...

Payables Open Item Should be History
Recently upgraded to 8.0 MSQL from 6.0 PSQL. In payables management one vendor has an invoice that is fully applied by 2 credit notes yet the invoice still shows as open. The credit notes show as history. The unapplied balance of the invoice is 0 but if you run a Payables ATB the invoice and the credit notes all show on the report but net out to 0 ? Is there some SQL utility or some other way of moving this invoice from open to history. Print, read and understand this entire message before attempting. The following procedure may cause damage to your data. Build a Test Company an...

Publisher 2003 file won't open properly in 2007
I emailed my friend a Pub 2003 file but he cannot open it properly in Pub 2007 on his Computer. (OS Vista SP.2). The file has 2 pages but only the first page will show, and the images & text boxes are blank with diagonal dotted crosses. But he also has Pub 2003 on his computer & the file opens fine in that. How can he open the 2003 file in 2007 to show everything & convert it to Pub 2007? There's probably an easy answer but we can't figure it out. TIA John Could have something to do with printers. Select a different default printer in the Printer Folder, open Pu...

I don't have Publisher but need to open a .pub email
I received a newsletter ending in .pub. I do not have Publisher. What do I need to open the file? Thanks for any assistance. tconnery <tconnery@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I received a newsletter ending in .pub. I do not have Publisher. What > do I need to open the file? Ask the sender to convert the file to PDF using a utility such as PrimoPDF from www.primopdf.com -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher A) Download Microsoft Publisher 2003 Trial (or Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 Trial) Trial versions contain all the funct...

How to view all slides on 1 page in Publisher
How do I view all slides on 1 page so that I can put them in a particular order? Slides? Did you want the PowerPoint forum? David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] www.publishermvps.com www.davidbartosik.com "Lisa's Ocean" <Lisa's Ocean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19D3D643-1D0F-4CE6-B56A-C5560452EA60@microsoft.com... > How do I view all slides on 1 page so that I can put them in a particular > order? Do you mean pictures? If so, just select the Insert menu, picture from file, get it, insert. After they are all on the page, move them around as yo...

Open Excel files in separate sessions, not just separate windows?
How do I open several Excel files, each in a separate session, not just in separate windows within the same session? For instance, when I open Word files, each one opens with its own separate menus, window frame, etc. Tools>Options>General> Ignore other applications with this selected if you open a file from Excel it will be in the same "instance" of Excel ,however, if you open a file by doubleclicking in the file folder a new "instance" of Excel will open. "Bob at Dexia Design" wrote: > How do I open several Excel files, each in a separate...

Server side rule
I need to print certain emails to Network printer. Does anybody have any idea how I could do this? Not with a rule. Maybe with an Exchange event sink. Start at = http://msdn.microsoft.com/exchange/ and ask questions in the = microsoft.public.exchange.development newsgroup. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "PAC" <casale@connecttime....

how to get you text to flash in publisher
can anyone help me with this problem as I cannot get my text to flash in publisher, and I know it can be done. Where are you going to buy the paper that will reproduce your flashing text on your printed page? Are you sure you weren't using Powerpoint? MoMo (Maureen) "evelyn" <evelyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:213F442D-FA02-4AFA-92E4-E1010E546E3F@microsoft.com... > can anyone help me with this problem as I cannot get my text to flash in > publisher, and I know it can be done. MoMo, On a web site? "Maureen" <MoMo@nospam.com>...

Sharing PO number on network
My database require user to enter next available PO number to create a record. If I put my database on the network, how the MS Access grand which user get the next PO number first. For instant, user 1 open the database and see the next number S-he can use is 1900. User 2 is happen to access the database at the same time and see the next PO number is 1900. Which user will get the PO number 1900. What error message the other user will see if S-he not get the number 1900. Please help or explain how the MS access work when use on line with multipler user access to same database and try ...

Installing Microsoft Office Publisher 2003
I am receiving an error message when I try to install MS Publisher. The following message appears: "Error 1919. Error configuring ODBC data source. MS Access Database, ODBC error 13: could not load the setup or transfer library. Verify that the file MS Access Database exists and that you can access it." What should I do. I am using Windows XP as my operating system and tryingto install the evaluation copy of MS Publisher 2003. Thank you, David C. Error 1919. Error Configuring ODBC Data Source" Error Messages When You Run Setup for Office 2003 http://support.microsoft.co...

problem in editing imported file
As I have done many hundreds of times before, but not on this computer, I was trying to edit some data this afternoon. Its in a very messy format, so I just imported the text, line by line. Then I planned to parse the line. Imagine my surprise when I indicated a fixed width of two for state, and found out that Texas is "T". I finally did a workaround, and parsed off three places to get two, but find this very peculiar. Also - when I got done, some of the columns wouldn't size down; they seem to have spaces at the end, but when I edit/erase the spaces, the text starts to ...

numbering hymns in Publisher... all get is 1's
I am trying to number hymns. In former Word versions I would just put numbering in every title, or in the Style. Now, in Publisher, when I put enter twice it stops the numbering, not allowing the numbers. Also, I could not find sequencial numbering for titles, and subtitles. I do appreciate any help. Ed You can use the Insert, Page numbers, for the hymn numbers, it will probably work. If you need to insert more sequential numbers you'd need to do it manually. You can experiment with sections. Format page numbers http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP062813861033.aspx?pid=CH1...