Open Quark files in Publisher??

Is there any possible way to open a Quark file in
Publisher?
0
markg1 (1)

Hi MarkG (markg@jflv.org),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| Is there any possible way to open a Quark file in
|| Publisher?

Nope. You would have to:

1. Attempt to use a copy/paste or drag/drop
2. Export the Quark pages as images supported by Publisher and insert them
as images.
3. Export the Quark publication as a Word/RTF/Text item (less the images)
and import the text only into Publisher
4. Export the Quark publication as a PDF, the go to ScanSoft.com and get the
PDF software for Word/Publisher that allows you to import PDF files into
Publisher, but reformatting will still be necessary.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)
8/17/2004 6:24:00 PM
Export your page from Quark as an EPS. You can't "open" it in Pub. It just
gets placed like any other graphic.

"MarkG" <markg@jflv.org> wrote in message
> Is there any possible way to open a Quark file in
> Publisher?

0
mccabemm (65)

PUBLISHER 2003 #66
Q: With PUBLISHER 2003, is there a file size limitation? Publisher 2000 hypothetically could handle 2GB. The file size of OLE objects does not count in this total. If you link or embed objects to your publication, that publication could theoretically have a file size that is greater than 2 GB. Newer versions of Publisher can handle larger sizes because of the use of compression. Are you having difficulty? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Clutch" <Clutch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C151BF8-20B6-4456-B6F3-7B156372A2CC@microsoft.com... > Q: W...

Converting from PFS File data
Is Access capable and successful program to convert data- files from PFS File? Used to happily run my mental health practice in Cheshire, CT on PFS programs and I have some data-bases of clinicians/providers whose info I need to bring into the 21st century. Help, please. Thanks. Herb Rosenfield wrote: > Is Access capable and successful program to convert data- > files from PFS File? Used to happily run my mental health > practice in Cheshire, CT on PFS programs and I have some > data-bases of clinicians/providers whose info I need to > bring into the 21st century. ...

I cannot open hyperlink in email
When I click or CTRL-click on a hyperlink/website in an email message I receive an error message stating that restrictions on this computer prevent the link from being opened. I'm using MS OUTLOOK 2007 and IE 7. All are up-to-date. Bob Bob See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm for the latest information. -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Bob Y" <Bob Y@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17998B5E-589C-4D78-B286-FEC0...

excel wont open file #2
I am trying to open a excel file, but a message comes up saying th file is corrupt ,is there anyway i can open i -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Opening a file
When I double-click an Excel .xls file it does not automatically open the workbook. I get a blank Excel screen instead and have to browse to find the file. Also, if I right click and select Open, the same thing happens. This occurred suddenly for some unaccountable reason. Previously, the double-click worked just fine. Thanks for your help, Rose This is a typical symptom that somehow the Windows setting for the .xls extension have gotten messed up. The easy way to fix the problem should be to use the /regserver switch as documented in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx? scid...

inserting a text into xml file
Hi friends, I am new to csharp and XML : fp=File.OpenText(server.mappath(".\\upload\\")+"test.txt"); string info=fp.readtoend(); string[] arinfo =new string[4]; char splitter = {'|','^'}; arinfo =info.split(splitter); for(int x=0;x<arinfo.length;x++) { response.write(arinfo[x]+"<br>"); a=arinfo[x]; xmltextwriter xwriter=new xmltextwriter("C:/XML/Data.xml",system.text.encoding.UTF8); xwriter.writestartdocument(true); xwriter.writestartelement("login"); xwriter.writeelementstring("usernam...

manipulating a .rc file
Hi All, I am trying to manipulate the unicode strings in a .rc file programatically. For example, if I want to read the .rc file, and then read the strings and then manipulate them. In .NET there is support using the ResXResourceReader/Writer for the ..ResX files, but nothing for .rc files. Is there any similar way in ..NET or Win32 to work with .rc files?? Thanks in advance! You can use BeginUpdateResource/EndUpdateResource etc. Look here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winui/winui /WindowsUserInterface/Resources/IntroductiontoResources.asp -- Ajay Ka...

Excel Files Won't Open From Shortcut
The title's misleading but I couldn't find a way to express it succinctly. If I have 2 Excel windows open, with one or more workbooks within each window, and I click on an Excel file-name in Windows Explorer or on a shortcut to an Excel file-name, nothing happens. If I close both Excel windows and try it, the file will open. Or if I go to Files, Open, and Browse to the file name it will open. This is both new and a pain in the rear. As recently as 3 months ago I could open six or eight Excel files at the blink of an eye, from Windows Explorer or from shortcuts. What change...

High rate of Growth of Log Files
We are having a high rate of growth of our exchange log files, sometimes upto 1 log file perminute, we only have 100 users on that particular exchange server. This rate continues even though there are very few users connected to the server. Exchange 2003 with SP1 Blackberry 4.0 installed on another server. Not all the exchange servers within the ORG have this problem. Have tried using "Using Exchange Server Monitor" but the "Log Bytes" remains at 0 for all users. Does anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot this further ? Hi Matt, Have a look at the followin...

Combining multiple files into one work sheet
Good afternoon, I have multiple files single worksheet files (30), each in it's own directory that I would like to have combined into a single workbook. Each file name is unique, however the midships of each file contains the date the file was created "C:\XVG001\XVG001_20090713_Reviewed.xls". Is there any way I can create a function or macro that will pull these files from their respective directories and combine these sheets automatically into one workbook? Thanks Try this add-in http://www.rondebruin.nl/merge.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/t...

Forwarding Publisher Newsletters
Hi, I am creating an email newsletter that will be sent to my employees. However, after the email is forwarded, the newsletter format gets messed up. Lines appear in the middle of logos and text boxes making the news letter hard to read. Is there anything I can do to prevent that? Yes, convert the newsletter to a PDF. There are free converters around, if you are using 2007 there is a *save as* Microsoft converter here: https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "cardosol...

mny file on different computers
I can't seem to copy my .mny file from my desktop to use on my notebook. Using Money 2005 deluxe on both. Money starts and immediately wants to upgrade/convert my .mny file (seems to think its from a different version). If I try to let it do this this it comes back and says it can't open the file, might be read-only or the disk is write protected. I checked permissions and all that. Have plenty of disk space. I have admin priveledges. I've tried restoring a backup file also with same results. Any suggestions? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Bill S wrote: >I c...

slow file open dialog box
File open dialog box in Excel 2003 and Word 2003 on W2K machine is unbearably slow when attempting to access folders on network drive. Doesn't appear to be a connectivity issue since accessing same folders in Explorer is almost instantaneous. This is the only machine running Office 2003, but other W2K machines running Office 2000 do not have this problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Regards, Paul You might find the answer in the following Microsoft Knowledge base article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822621 "Paul O'Brien" wrote: &...

what is the boot record of the database file? & TDE
Hi, I've just been reading an article about TDE, in the article I came across the following sentence The database encryption key that is created in the user database, in which TDE has been implemented, is included in the standard database backup. It is stored in the boot record of the database file so that it can be accessed and used to decrypt the user database. my question is what is the boot record of the database file? (I've googled this but I've not found a definitive answer..) additionally - I've not actually implemeted TDE yet. do the following back...

Select the position of an attached file in a HTML mailitem
Hello, I guess it's not possible to use the property Position of the Attachment class when composing a HTML Mail and adding an attachment. So if I'm right and it's not possible.. would it at least be possible to insert an hyperlink to an attached file at any position of the body when writting the HTMLbody so when the user clicks on the link the attached file open? Thank you in advce. Correct: Only RTF message bodies place the attachment in the body. Therefore, the position is relevant only to RTF messages, not HTML or plain text. It is not possible to make...

How to save document versions in one file?
Hello How to save document versions in one file as in Word? Or How to reduce space consumed by files of document versions? Excel doesn't have this feature. (You do mean different versions of the document--not different versions of the application, right?) One problem that may add to file size is excel keeping track of the last used cell. If you hit ctrl-End and excel takes you way past what you think should be the last used row, then you can reset it using some of the techniques at Debra Dalgleish's site: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Dmitriy Kopnichev wrote...

Excel File Open
When I choose the file and open option characters automatically are entered in the filename box. The characters vary and include "this then" and "this that now" and multiple periods increasing as I wait. These characters also appear within any given spreadsheet as I am working in it. Any suggestions as to what the problem may be? Are you using xl2002 or xl2003? Any chance you have speech recognition on? Ron Oatney wrote: > > When I choose the file and open option characters > automatically are entered in the filename box. The > characters vary and in...

How do I block Outlook from sending a certian file type?
We have an outdated database that is hard coded to send .DBF files to Outlook. There is no way to prevent them from landing in Outlook. We need to figure out how to tell outlook to send the message anyway, but without the .DBF attachments. Any help? techsupport@crownservices.com <techsupport@crownservices.com> wrote: > We have an outdated database that is hard coded to send .DBF files to > Outlook. There is no way to prevent them from landing in Outlook. Create a rule that deletes messages from the address sending them. > We need to figure out how to tell outlook to send t...

PDF to Publisher
Can I convert a PDF file to Publisher? Not easily/exactly. I have software that would let me convert from .pdf to Word. I tried it with Publisher and the results were "eh". I would have been better off trying a copy and paste of the information. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "cuig" <cuig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D3F82B6-1CCB-4734-9C8B-79081B475BCD@microsoft.com... > Can I convert a PDF file to Publisher? Depends on what you're trying to accompl...

Stop showing end-user-agreement each time opening Excel
eACH TIME i SIGNON TO eXCEL it makes me agree first. Try to re-register Excel. Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. See the space between exe and /regserver You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe. In that case Start>Run "C:\yourpath\excel.exe" /regserver(quotes required)>OK. Have your CD ready just in case you are asked for it. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 07:43:05 -0700, Frankadams <Fran...

Can't access published CRM
Hi - since this morning - CRM users (outlook light client 2007) have been receiving messages informing them that cookies need to be enabled on their browsers. Since receiving this message, they have not been able to login through our published CRM website. Basically they get to the login page, when they click the login button (to bring up the login window), the page hangs for a while and eventually comes up with the message below -- Has anyone seen this or knows of a solution? Many thanks Victor Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage Most likely causes: You are not conne...

Can't convert Money 2004 file
I just installed Money 2005 deluxe. It won't convert my 2004 file. I even tried installing on a second computer and it still won't convert. I know the 2004 file is fine as I worked with it earlier today. What am I doing wrong? I've used Money for years with no problems. In microsoft.public.money, kittykatsmeow wrote: >I just installed Money 2005 deluxe. It won't convert my 2004 file. I >even tried installing on a second computer and it still won't convert. Do you get an error message such as incompatible version? > I know the 2004 file is fine as I work...

can't find file when trying to open IE8
When executing IE8, I get this error message: Can't find file:///c:/Program%20files/AOL%20Toolbar/welcome.html. Make sure the path or the Internet address is correct. After acknowledging this error message, IE8 does open up but won't navigate to the home page, it just shows this error again. If I hit the Home button, it does indeed work and goes to the home page. I can navigate anywhere I need to go, but just wondering how to correct this error on it's execution? Rockitman <Rockitman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When executing IE8, I ...

chart auto open
I am really, really new at this but I have a program that I wrote i excel that provides 8 different results. I was wondering if there i any way to automatically open those cells to display a chart? If anyone can help me I would certainly appreciate it. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi what do you mean with 'open the cells'? normaly you can easily select the cells and goto 'Insert - chart'. Choose your chart type and format it. If your values change the chart will be updated automatically -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I am real...

Opening CSV, How to Tell Excel String is not a Date?
In a CSV file I have values like "3-1". Excel interprets this as a date: 3/1/05. What encoding can I use in my CSV files to force Excel to read it as a literal string? I have already tried double quotes around the string. I am using Excel 2003. (Maybe) you probably had the cells formatted as a date when you imported the file. Or When you import treat dates as text. See the options in the Import wizard and try different scenarios. "Tim G" wrote: > In a CSV file I have values like "3-1". Excel interprets this as a date: > 3/1/05. What encoding can...