Open document from previous version

How do I open a document from a previous version of
Publisher..I have 2000?
0
jan0704 (1)

Are you certain it is an earlier version? Do you have Norton? Disable "script
blocking" and try again.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Jan" <jan0704@msn.com> wrote in message
> How do I open a document from a previous version of
> Publisher..I have 2000?

0
gsauer (5093)
9/27/2004 3:18:11 PM
Jan wrote:
> How do I open a document from a previous version of
> Publisher..I have 2000?

If it is a previous version,  Publisher 2000 will open the file just
fine (except you need Publisher 1.0 or Publisher 2.0 to open Publisher
1.0 files). If you get an error, see Mary's reply.

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.
0
ic (207)

Save Attachments should be available in an open email
The Save Attachment option is only available in Outlook when the e-mail is closed. If you double-click the email and open it, this option is not available, it would be more convenient if it was. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.mic...

Slow Opening & Closing Documents
I have a workbook with about 15-20 worksheets. Each worksheet has several check boxes. It is extremely slow opening and closing the document. Is there anything I can do to improve the performance? I don't know anything about macros. I only use the check boxes and other text in the worksheets. Does the number of cells used effect performance? What about color? The number of rows and columns Excel thinks is being used could greatly increase the size of your file, making it slow to work with. Select cell A1 in each sheet, then press Ctrl + End to see what the last used cell on the s...

opening publisher takes 10 seconds +
hi - publisher seems to take for ever to open - even blank pages take upto 10 secomds , and large files longer . it just hangs there with the hour glass icon other applications that i consider " resorces hogs " are opening as fast as they ever did so any ideas why publisher and publisher alone should have such a lag when opened ?? TIA YRS - AJ Andrew J Farrow wrote: > hi - publisher seems to take for ever to open - even > blank pages take upto 10 secomds , and large files longer > . > > it just hangs there with the hour glass icon > > other applica...

Outlook will not open
Using Windows NT and Outlook 2002. In attempting to archive and copy .pst files, something has gone awry and Outlook will not longer open. I have used the Office repair on the installation disk, which did not help. Then, I reinstalled Office, which did not help. I suspect that the program is having difficulty reading various archived and copied .pst files, which are in different drives and various folders. I had run scanpst on all the .pst files before this problem occurred and they were all fine. Any thoughts will be much appreciated. Thanks. It fails to open with what error ...

Cell Value + open application
Hi all, the following is what I am trying to accomplish: I have a spread sheet that I use to track incoming and outgoing documents. What I would like to be able to do is have cell in which I enter a name into open up and outlook template I have saved in the same directory (.oft file). Also be able to a pull information from other cells to populate the subject of the template. Thanks in advance for any assistance with this ...

Can a user form be opened from a macro??
Hi All, I have a macro that will format project files based on their projec number. in order to record the prject number. I have created a form fo the user to enter the project number. My problem is entering a comman line to open the form once the user selects which type of project fil is to be formatted (a popup window first displays in the macro). would like for the user form to popup if the correct button is clicke on the original popup window. How? -- mike70 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mike703's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.p...

Word docs opening in Print Preview
I just upgraded to Office 2003, and now when I open a Word attachment in Outlook it immediately takes me to a Print Preview screen. Is this an Outlook setting I need to change, or a Word setting?? Thanks! --> Chris ...

we have version 1.3.1002 and no maint. plan
Hello again: We purchased this verison early last year because of a discount offered. now we are finally installing it and need to know if the (known) issues with this release warrant not switching over from QS2000. Are the issues severe enough that you would not implement - i.e. are any there data integity issues with this version? That would be our biggest fear... In an earlier post I mentioned one problem we experienced in the SO Manager ending after a popup error. But everything appears to be functioning... I know that we should purchase the later release and support fo...

How can I print 1 page in b/w & another in colour from a document?
I have a large number of documents that consist of some colour pages and some black and white pages. How can I set the document up in Word to recognise that when printing, colour pages print in colour and black and white pages print in black and white? I can only see that you choose colour or black and white to apply to the whole document when sending it to print. I have to then select colour but this means increased costs for printing my black and white sheets using colour ink. Please help!!!! Your monochrome pages should not be printed with color ink if you have a CMYK pr...

custom form can't be open
I am using outlook 2000. How can I clear the form cache as I got the error message said : custom form can't be opened, and has to use the outlook form. I have followed the instruction given by the people here : Tool -->options-->other tab-->advance option-->custom forms-->manage forms-->clear cache But I can't find the tab "custom forms" in the advance option screen. Any help would be much appreciated. Regards, MH ...

Cannot open Mail Session
I have Office XP with Windows 2k. In my Access XP, I have a sendobject command to create an email message. below is the function: DoCmd.SendObject , , , "*Location",, , , "Address is " & Me!Address & "." With one user, everytime he clicks on the button, there is an error that says "Access cannot open mail session". I log in as someone else on the computer and run the same thing and it works. I log that one user onto another machine and it doesn't work. Seems as if it happens only when the user is logged in and using his outlook. ...

Outlook will not open 02-15-10
When I try to open outlook a error message appears saying the outlook window can not open. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance "GOR1982" <GOR1982@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C64A6734-F4AF-46D9-B869-C8D6D123B4A4@microsoft.com... > When I try to open outlook a error message appears saying the outlook window > can not open. Does anyone know how to fix this? Try starting Outlook once with the /resetnavpane command switch. Start>Run>outlook.exe /resetnavpane Be sure to include the space. -- Brian Tillman [MV...

Open form at mouse point
When pushing a button I would like formB to be opened. FormB's top left position should be the exact same position of the spot where I clicked with the mouse. Is that possible? Thanks, Lars On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 16:45:29 +0100, "Lars Brownies" <Lars@Browniew.com> wrote: Not exactly what you're looking for but it may be a start: http://www.lebans.com/openform.htm -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >When pushing a button I would like formB to be opened. FormB's top left >position should be the exact same position of the spot where I clicked w...

User Function Update upon opening
I've created a function module with the following function:- Function User() User = Application.UserName EndSub Cell A1 now has a formula " =User()" This returns the User name to the cell as required. Ie "Joe Bloggs" Now if "Joe Bloggs" saves the workbook and another user "Jim Smith" opens the workbook "Joe Bloggs" still appears in Cell A1. Deleting the contents of Cell A1 and re-entering the function "=User()" will now return "Jim Smith" as the user as required. So my question is how to get excel to update ...

Word 2004 saving every document as a "read Only" and keeps quitting
Hi, Has anyone had this happen? Word 2004 keeps saving my documents as "read only." I trashed the preferences and reinstalled. Also on every, new or old, document it says "Word can not fire event," along with it quitting for no particular reason. Can you help me figure out why it is saving everything as a read only file? Sigh...I am doing a big project in Word and I am not sure what to do about all these issues. I went to email Microsoft and it says my serial is not the correct one, even thought I am reading it directly off the package. Here is the error report from ...

excel not opening up files
Excel - won't open with double click, must open Excel then browse for document? as well when i recive excel documents in outlook i try to double click on them but i get the same result excel opens but i just get a blank screen no work sheet but the menu is up on the screen this is excel 2002 sp3 .. this just starting happening to one user about 3 days ago and now i have 2 more users that have the same issue . the excel files are assioated with excel . no issues there . when i double click them no issues .. or if they come in via e-mail .. if i forward the e-mail to myself i can open t...

Unable to get dictionary version information for products 0
GP 9.0 with SP 1 I using utility to create a company I got the following error “Unable to get dictionary version information for products 0” Exit to exit utility Dear, This problem related to Microsoft Visual Studio Tools runtime, you must disable the Microsoft Visual Studio Tools runtime before you start Microsoft Dynamics GP Utilities. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Software Development Manager +962 - 79 - 999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com "Elmoeiz" wrote: > GP 9.0 with SP 1 >...

Suppress blank workbook when opening Excel workbook from Windows Explorer
The startup parameter /e is supposed to suppress the Book1 from opening, but it doesn't. I went into the folder options, then File Types, XLS, and the /e parameter is passed. According the Microsoft KB, this should prevent the Book1 from opening, but it doesn't. Any one any ideas? Got a lot of users very annoyed. BTW, it's Excel 2002, SP2 Why did you choose to change the parameters in file types? To which KB article are you referring? If your users are launching XL2002 from the start menu, change the shortcut there instead. (Right-click the "Microsoft Excel" it...

How do I move a publisher document to a word document?
I have made a newsletter in microsoft publisher and many of the people that I sent it to could not open it. Someone told me that I could paste it to a word document and then email it and most people could open it. I cannot find any information on this. Any help? Why not save the file as a .pdf? Then more than *most* people can open it. If you don't have Acrobat (not just the free Reader), go to www.primopdf.com and download that. It's a great little program - especially for the price. $0.00. ;-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Judy2" <Judy2@disc...

Is there Access command to allow opening from specific location?
Is there a command or command stream in Access that will allow a database to be opened only from a specific file location? I would like to prevent people from opening a database from a network drive and limit opening only from the hard drive of the PC they are logged on to. This might be too much of a kludge ... It seems like it would be possible to add in some startup code in the back-end (on "a network drive") that looks for an indication that it's being started from a proper front-end, and shut it down right away if not. Then you'd add in some code in th...

New MacBook Pro, trying to install upgrade version
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have Office going back to Office 98, not sure where my original Word 5 is, and I'm trying to install Office 2008 on my new portable, as per the license agreement. The installer wants an eligible version to update. I tried mounting the volume with the installed copy on my G5, but the installer won't accept this. What can I do, please? I just realized that the copy of Word 5 would have been on floppies. My current equipment can't read 'em even if I can find them. Nevermind. I plugged in the install CD-R...

Office Mac 2008 home version
Version: 2008 Processor: Intel Have Office Mac 2008 home program disk. Will not open window to install when disk inserted into laptop. Dell Windows Vista laptop 1525. Well, no sarcasm or insult intended, but why would you expect it to? Office *Mac* 2008 is for the Macintosh OS X operating system on Macintosh computers & can't be used with the Windows operating system. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 5/31/09 4:18 PM, in article 59b759df.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "joycekay@officeformac.com" <joycekay@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 >...

Open workbook is invisible unless in full-screen mode!?
This is a really bizarre Excel bug... -Problem: - This problem occurs with only one file in particular. When selectin this file to open, Excel will open it, *but the workbook is no visible!* That is, Excel is open, but it shows just the empty gray background a if no file were open at all. Clicking on the *Window* tab at the to confirms that, indeed, the file is open... it's just not visible. And it's not minimized anywhere either, so far as I can tell (and I'v checked and tested this as much as I could). And it's not hidden by th *Hide* feature in the *Window* tab, as Hidi...

Download Offce 2007 trial Version
I have always wanted to download Microsoft Office 2007 and i have never succeded.How do i download the the trial version of office 2007 -- pp100 What do you mean you never suceeded? Explain. "pp100" <pp100.5c30459@wordbanter.com> wrote in message news:pp100.5c30459@wordbanter.com... : : I have always wanted to download Microsoft Office 2007 and i have never : succeded.How do i download the the trial version of office 2007 : : : : : -- : pp100 ...

Opening files
Help Needed. I had developed a macro that was used by myself, however now the macro needs to be utilised by others. The marco opens files, that have been exported from the corporate database. The files are saved automatically to the users C Drive eg. C:\Documents and Settings\"username – officer logged on"\help.xls The only difference is the username in the file path. Is there anyway that I can change the file path to automatically go to the correct file, without having to create a different macros for each user. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Use ...