Oops! can I change border now?

Well I've just spent months working on my first Publisher document. I've
created a 34 page catalog which looks quite nice...
I spent a lot of time making sure the master page was nice and even. I did a
test print out and it looked fine...however...
I forgot that the pages will be stapled...and that though the catalog is
acceptable the way it is...I should really move the entire
printed area over slightly to the right.

Since all pages have used the same master page layout...is there some simple
way to get all objects shifted over...on all pages?
It would be way too time consuming to move the objects over, one page at a
time.

Thank you

0
philo (13)

"philo" <philo@privacy.net> wrote in message
> Well I've just spent months working on my first Publisher document. I've
> created a 34 page catalog which looks quite nice...
> I spent a lot of time making sure the master page was nice and even. I did
> test print out and it looked fine...however...
> I forgot that the pages will be stapled...and that though the catalog is
> acceptable the way it is...I should really move the entire
> printed area over slightly to the right.

<snip>

FWIW: I just made new margins and selected all objects...then moved them
over one page at a time...
it only took a few minutes.
Not efficient but it worked...

0
philo (13)

text size keeps changing in IE6
After upgrading from Outlook 98 to Outlook 2002 the text size in IE6 viewing web pages keeps changing from what I have it set e.i small or smaller back to medium. I had got the latest version of Outlook Express which was #6 before upgrading. I have Windows 98SE and have all the latest updates and patches. I am using Office 97 professional edition if that means anything. The text keeps changing not every time, but almost every time I reopen either IE6 or open favorites in Outlook 2002. This happens on more than one computer as I have 3 computers that this happened to. I purchased 3 so...

Can functions be repeated via a control + function command?
In Microsoft word, if I want to repeat a function, I can press CTRL + Y key instead of having to go back through the tool bars (e.g., repetitive cut & paste, repetitive insertion of text boxes). However, CTRL + Y in Publisher does not work the same way--does anyone know if a similar command feature exists? Thank you. Format the painter. Publisher is a layout program... Large documents are best achieved in Word. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "AustinPAWS" <AustinPAWS@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Delegate Can't forward or Reply
I have a user that is a delegate to her manager. She can see his mailbox and send email on his behalf, but she cannot reply or forward his emails. She gets a permission denied error. This is in outlook 2002 in corporate mode with exchange 2002 enterprise. Any Ideas? Thanks, Dave ...

Macros don't work when file name changes
I created a workbook with many macros using the simple "record macro" tool. This fiel was saved in *.XLS format. It is intended to be a master fille and when you fill it out as a form you re-save it with a new name. the problem I am running into is that after I re-save it wit a new name the Macros won't work properly. I get an error message and when I click to run the debugger the macro lists the original workbook name. How do I fix this so that the macros work regardless of file name? Without seeing the code, my guess is that the macro recorder put explicit file...

Can't Edit Send/Receive Group
Unable to edit the "all account" group. Additionally, an "operation failed" message is received when an attempt is made to edit the group. The symptoms equally apply when a new group is created...Appreciate any advice ...

Change the Default Working Folder
How do I change the "default working folder" in Publisher 2007? The default "default working folder" is My Documents and I would like to use a different one. You don't... Hopefully this will be addressed in a future service pack. You can place a default address in "My Places", it is an extra click. If you have Vista, drag the preferred folder to Favorite Links. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "garyf" <garyf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:720BFDD0-...

Change language in Excel 97
Hi, I'm trying to run spell-check for Norweigan in Excel 97, but do not have the option to change the language (it is set to English as default). Is there any add-ins that I need to have installed? How can I change the spellcheck language (or the default language)? Thanks for all help.... Brgds Lena ...

Changing flag date or time on many messages at once?
This is one I haven't tried to fix before. I have a special use for Outlook. Besides regular messages, I send myself "To Do's" to and from home marked with a special phrase when it's a To Do that has rules that mark it with a flag, etc. In either work or home, a lot of those To Do's need to be deferred to a different time or day. It's been tedious as I have to change each manually. Now I made it easier some time ago by putting a flag option right on the toolbar so at least I don't have to open each message. The preview pane is on for this folder and I th...

Can't enable external OOF
Out of office works for internal mail, but external deliveries do not. I have: global settings Internet message formats Default Properties Advanced "Checked" Allow out of office responses Exchange 2003 SP2, Server 2003 SP1, HTTPS access. Fixed....Ijust needed to log the client off, then back in. "Goober Head" wrote: > Out of office works for internal mail, but external deliveries do not. > > I have: > global settings > Internet message formats > ...

Sudden Change to Database Forms
We have a database that has been in use for a few years. Recently we upgraded our MS Office to 2003. Since that time on one of the desktops that uses the front end there was an event that has rendered the front end unusable. The user was entering data to a form when she suddenly found a screen that said something like "the computer will need to reboot". Unfortunately the person making observations was not careful in observing exactly what transpired, but since that time all of the fields that have lookups based on queries do not work. If you check the underlying queries in des...

HOw do I change the default pdf viewer in outlook
When I have a PDF file attachment in outlook I double click it and microsoft picture viewer comes up and not adobe viewer. How do I change that Outlook follows you default configuration of Windows. How to change it depends on your version of Windows. Windows XP and previous; Control Panel-> Folder Options-> tab File Types Windows Vista and Windows 7 Start-> Default Programs-> Associate a file type or protocol with a program -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads,...

How to you change the axis label position in office 2007?
In earlier versions of excel you could easily change say the y-axis label position to either the right or left side of the graph. How is this accomplished in office 2007 on Windows Vista? I have a plot with both positive and negative xvalues and the labels are mixed in with the plot, it looks horrible. Sorry, I just figured it out, thanks. "saxerfone" wrote: > In earlier versions of excel you could easily change say the y-axis label > position to either the right or left side of the graph. How is this > accomplished in office 2007 on Windows Vista? I have a plot...

HELP! I did an Office 2003 repair and now all my e-mail is GONE!!
Ok, so with hopes of getting rid of an annoying message instructing me something to the effect a the file Normal.dot already existed everytime I closed Outlook I did an Office repair using the "Detect and Repair" option. When all was done and I opened Outlook again all my e-mails had dissapeared and it asked to set up an account for the program. So far I've only configured it for my Hotmail account, not my other one just in case the e-mails associated with that account are hidden in a folder somewhere and adding said account, would delete it. If I go to AppData...

Changing Componet Background Colours
Hello, I was wondering how I could go about changing the background colours for the various Visual C++ controls such as the listboxes,edit boxes, etc. I am using Visual C++ .NET 2003 and this is a MFC application. Thanks in advance. Sincerely, James Simpson Straightway Technologies http://www.straightwaytech.com Typically you will need to do this in OnCtlColor, but thats not entirely true. Some controls require that you owner draw them. Views on other hand, will force you to use OnEraseBkgnd. Fortunately, codeguru/codeproject has samples of all these controls and is your best bet for MF...

Can I set up a template for essay using the MLA format?
I'm very new to using word and publisher. Can I set up a template in one or the other for MLA and APA formats for essays to reuse? I'd suggest Word. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "cwshjf" <cwshjf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82D2A2DC-D994-4B7A-BF9D-0496BAE0CF91@microsoft.com... > I'm very new to using word and publisher. Can I set up a template in one > or > the other for MLA and APA formats for essays to reuse? As JoAnn stated, Word is more suite...

Change default to Excel 2000 when 2007 installed
Hi, I ahve both Excel 200 and 2007 installed on my PC and whilst I'm learning 2007, I want Excel 2000 to be my default program when opening Excel .XLS files. Is there a way to do this please? Thanks, Rob Since 2007 has decided it wants to be the default, de-register 2007 and re-register 2000 Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar Start>Run "C:\yourpathto2007\excel.exe" /unregserver See the space between exe and /unregserver. Then register 2000 Start>Run "C:\yourpathto2000\excel.exe" /regserver This process should make...

Can MSCRM support multiple databases
Test database and Live database using the same application? Is the above method possible? Test system will be use for tesing and demoing purposes but using the same instance of application? Regards, Kyaw Hi Kyaw No it's not possible. You can only specify a single SQL server for MSCRM to look at. Try using a virtual machine, such as Microsoft Virtual PC or VMware. Regards Dan "Kyaw" wrote: > Test database and Live database using the same application? > > Is the above method possible? > > Test system will be use for tesing and demoing purposes but using t...

Some messages can't be seen by users
Hi, I recently having problem with the Exchange 2k3. Some users can't see/download their e-mail from the server. For example, I checked that the user has a mailbox of 10 MB big, however he can only see about 4 MB of e-mails. This is also happening to the user that I recently migrated using ExMerge. ExMerge imported 825 KB of e-mail from Exchange 5.5 into PST file and the exported it to Exchange 2k3 mailbox. However, after the user change his outlook profile to point to exchange 2k3 server he can't see the mail at all. From ESM I can see his mailbox size is 825KB indeed. Any h...

Changing module names
Is it possible to change the name of the CRM modules? For example: Sales -> Fundraising Marketing -> Campaigns Service -> Events Gavin Yes you can change. which version are you using? -- Ranjith "Gavin" wrote: > Is it possible to change the name of the CRM modules? For example: > > Sales -> Fundraising > Marketing -> Campaigns > Service -> Events > > Gavin > You can change this in Site Map. Badri On Dec 1, 6:06=A0pm, Ranjith <Ranj...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Yes you can change. which version are you using? &...

How can I get schema from a class/object at runtime
Hello all, I have the following serializable class. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Public Class Test _testID as int32 _testName as String Public Sub New() MyBase.New() End Sub <XmlAttributeAttribute()> Public Property TestID() As int32 Get Return _testID End Get Set(ByVal Value As int32) _testID= value End Set End Property <XmlAttributeAttribute()> Public Property TestName() As String Get Return _testName End Get Set(ByVal Value As String) _testName= value End Set...

How To Change Mailbox Console View?
I want to add/remove columns in Mailbox Console in System Manager. Whenever I do so, it goes away on refreshing or on re-opening. How can I make permanent changes to the columns in Mailbox Console in System Manager? Thanks in advance. On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 22:49:01 -0700, Denis <Denis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to add/remove columns in Mailbox Console in System Manager. Whenever >I do so, it goes away on refreshing or on re-opening. > >How can I make permanent changes to the columns in Mailbox Console in System >Manager? > >Thanks in advance. ...

Can't use Word to edit email with Office 2003
In my office, a number of users aren't able to use Word as the email editor, as this checkbox is grayed out. However, I am able to. We are all using Office 2003. There is only one difference I can see between my machine and everyone elses. All Office application icons reside in the Microsoft Office folder of the Start menu on my machine. The other machines just have Outlook there, and the the other apps (i.e. Word, Excel PowerPoint) are in the main list of the Start menu programs. Could this be the problem? If so, how do I correct this? Any other suggections welcome. johnny.rygielski@gma...

where can i get add- ins for the Analysis toolpak ?
i am having a hard time completeing what was supposed to be an easy stats assinment for school. i do not have any add- ins under tools> add- ins> Analysis Toolpak. where can i get these as there are none in my add- ins folder when i click browse? Hi From Office install CD. -- Arvi Laanemets (When sending e-mail, use address arvil<At>tarkon.ee) "A" <A@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4FFE895-DB56-44B0-97EA-2C61257D015F@microsoft.com... > i am having a hard time completeing what was supposed to be an easy stats > assinment for school. ...

does any tools of VS.net can gather information on the performance of te xml web service?
thx ...

Changing SOUNDS
Whenever I attempt to change a sound...such as "Enter Transaction" to 'kerching', and eventhough I can hear it on the bib blue right arrow within MSMoney...and then Save As...(I type in a name)... I NEVER AM ABLE TO MAKE IT STAY AS MY NEW SOUND; AND THIS OCCURS WHETHER I PERFORM THE ACT WITHIN MONEY2004, OR AT THE "CHANGE SOUNDS" IN THE CONTROL PANEL! IT JUST NEVER, EVER, SEEMS TO WORK. I MUST BE DOING SOMETHING WRONG. CAN ANYONE HELP. Thanks, FLKulchar In microsoft.public.money, FLKULCHAR wrote: >Whenever I attempt to change a sound....