Office versions

I have Microsoft Office 2003.  Will the 2007 version of publisher work on my
computer???
--
Claudine
0

Yes but you will not be able to create a file then email it within
Publisher. You need matching versions of Publisher and Outlook/Outlook
Express.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"cmontes" <cmontes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Microsoft Office 2003.  Will the 2007 version of publisher work on
>my
> computer???
> --
> Claudine

0
jl_paules (2768)
5/9/2007 5:23:49 PM
Would it be better if I got publisher 2003?
--
Claudine

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> Yes but you will not be able to create a file then email it within
> Publisher. You need matching versions of Publisher and Outlook/Outlook
> Express.
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>
> ~~~~~
> How to ask a question
> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>

> "cmontes" <cmontes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have Microsoft Office 2003.  Will the 2007 version of publisher work on
> >my
> > computer???
> > --
> > Claudine

0
cmontes (3)
5/9/2007 5:48:00 PM
It depends on what you are doing. How often do you send Pub documents out
that way?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

> Would it be better if I got publisher 2003?
> --
> Claudine
>

> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> Yes but you will not be able to create a file then email it within
>> Publisher. You need matching versions of Publisher and Outlook/Outlook
>> Express.
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>
>> ~~~~~
>> How to ask a question
>> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>>

>> "cmontes" <cmontes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have Microsoft Office 2003.  Will the 2007 version of publisher work
>> >on
>> >my
>> > computer???
>> > --
>> > Claudine

0
jl_paules (2768)
5/9/2007 6:02:24 PM
I haven't used it at all up to this point.  But I am starting a small
business and I am not sure what I need.  Would I be missing out on alot if I
got the 2003?
--
Claudine

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> It depends on what you are doing. How often do you send Pub documents out
> that way?
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>
> ~~~~~
> How to ask a question
> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>

> "cmontes" <cmontes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Would it be better if I got publisher 2003?
> > --
> > Claudine
> >

> > "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
> >
> >> Yes but you will not be able to create a file then email it within
> >> Publisher. You need matching versions of Publisher and Outlook/Outlook
> >> Express.
> >>
> >> --
> >> JoAnn Paules
> >> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> >>
> >> ~~~~~
> >> How to ask a question
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
> >>

> >> "cmontes" <cmontes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
cmontes (3)
5/9/2007 6:14:02 PM
The poster can email a 2007 publication if he uses the PDF add-in.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
> Yes but you will not be able to create a file then email it within Publisher.
> You need matching versions of Publisher and Outlook/Outlook Express.
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>
> ~~~~~
> How to ask a question
> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>

> "cmontes" <cmontes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have Microsoft Office 2003.  Will the 2007 version of publisher work on my
>> computer???
>> --
>> Claudine

0
mary-sauer (6480)
5/9/2007 6:16:58 PM
Get 2007 and send your docs as .pdf attachments.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

>I haven't used it at all up to this point.  But I am starting a small
> business and I am not sure what I need.  Would I be missing out on alot if
> got the 2003?
> --
> Claudine
>

> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> It depends on what you are doing. How often do you send Pub documents out
>> that way?
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>
>> ~~~~~
>> How to ask a question
>> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>>

>> "cmontes" <cmontes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Would it be better if I got publisher 2003?
>> > --
>> > Claudine

0
jl_paules (2768)
5/9/2007 6:32:34 PM
cmontes wrote:
> I have Microsoft Office 2003.  Will the 2007 version of publisher work on my
> computer???

Caveat: If you are running Office 2003 on Windows 2000, then 2007
Microsoft Office products will not work on your machine without
upgrading Windows.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

Out of Office Not Working #5
I have a user that has turned on the Out of Office in Outlook, but when someone sends something to her, they don't get her Out of Office message reply. Any suggestions? Diane <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a user that has turned on the Out of Office in > Outlook, but when someone sends something to her, they > don't get her Out of Office message reply. Is the person failing to receive the OOA reply using an internal or an external address? By default, OOA does not reply to external addresses. -- Brian Tillman I didn't know that....g...

exclusive access to the database error. Office 2003 upgrade.
Hi. This access dtaabase was on a shared folder used by upto 40 simultaeous users. There were no issues. In January they upgraded from office 2000 to office 2003 and started getting this error. "You do not have exclusive access to the database at this time. If you proceed to make changes, you may not be able to save them later" I checked teh article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/839782 but we don't have the same situation. There is only one .ldb file and there is no .mdw file with the same name as ldb file. Is this related to office 2003 upgrade. The firs...

Office 2004 Professional?
Does anyone know when the 2004 Professional version will be released? Thanks The Microsoft site doesn't say, but Amazon.com states for the Professional version: "This item will be released on September 13, 2004." Amazon tends to be rather accurate when predicting availability dates. However, release dates are always subject to change. On 7/19/04 12:34 PM, in article 2ef8c01c46db6$b29262f0$a601280a@phx.gbl, "Bob" <s@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know when the 2004 Professional version will > be released? > Thanks -- Mickey Stevens ...

Office 2003 Recieving error with 2 Email accounts from Same Server #2
I'll try to describe this the best I can, First I'm running outlook 2003 with the service pack on windows xp sp2. Windows firewall is turned off as is my antivirus software is disabled while trying to get this to work (I even uninstalled it) I have two email accounts set up correctly (Two of my other co workers have the same exact set up and email accounts and they have no issues) on the same server i.e. email1@domain.com and email2@domain.com. When the send and recieve function is activated, the non default email account gets a recieve error as below Task 'EMAIL ACCOUNT - Rec...

Out of office autoreply
A simple question. Does Outlook 2000 support out of office autoreply. And if so how do I enable it? Ann This feature is only available if you use the Exchange Server. Otherwise, you need to use the "Rules Wizard". However, Sue Mosher has written up how to emulate this feature if you do not connect to the Microsoft Exchange Server: http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Ann" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:018701c3abc8$08362180$a501280a@phx.gbl... A simple question. Does Outlook 2000 support ou...

Office 2003 and windows 7
How can I get the Office assistant to work at this sort of release level? I get a message about Microsoft Agent 2.0 when I try and start the feature. Are you using Outlook 2003 or Outlook 2002? I didn't think Agent was included in Office 2003. Anyway, it wont work on Win7. Turn off using the assistant in the Help settings. It was possible to install the Agent files in Vista - I don't know if it will work in win7 - I'd disable the assistant first. (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e11bf712-7862-45ba-826d-44ae3a11836f&displaylang=en) A...

Old Reminders
Hi there, I have a client that has been upgraded to Outlook 2007 SP2 and since then she is getting daily reminder pop ups from old meetings in her calendar (even if we dismiss them). I did research online and there is this /clearreminders switch that we can use - the problem with this is it clears all the reminders and she will have to re-input all of her future appointments in her calendar going forward. There is many appointments she will have to re-input. She will have to print out all of her calendars and manually re-input this. Oh and we are using the Caching Mode. ...

Out-of-Office gives "unspecified error"
Very strange issue... Select users (not all) get the following errors when using Outlook Xp/2002 Out-of-Office Assistant on my Exchange 2000 Server (which is fully up-to-date) "The Out Of Office Assistant could not be displayed. A required action was not successful due to an unspecified error." followed by: "System resources are critically low. Close some Windows" This ONLY occurs when using Outlook XP, never on Outlook 2000 or OWA. And occurs to the user regardless of what machine/install of Outlook XP they try. So it appears to be linked to their mailbox/us...

Office Notifications won't let me Complete tasks
I occasionally use Office Notifications to set reminders. Recently, when I click the "complete" button (either on the pop-up reminder, or on the task itself), the reminder comes right back with the box unchecked. Thus I am reminded again and again on tasks that are actually done. Any thoughts why this might be happening? OS 10.4.4/Office 11.2.1 Thanks. Haven't a clue, but I suspect you'd be better off asking on the entourage newsgroup: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage Search first, just in case. On 2/17/06 5:42 AM, "RickGreg...

Conversion of Quicken 98 Home/Business version fails
I am trying the 60 day trial of Money 2004 to see if I like it. I'm tired of the bugs in Quicken 98, and hear that the new versions of Quicken are no better, and possibly worse in some areas. However, when attempting to import the quicken file, I get an error "Your quicken file could not be imported". This is Quicken 98 Home and Business version. If the trial version will not work with this file, will the Money 2004 Small Business version import the file? I'm not about to buy it only to find out it won't work. I haven't got enough time to manually ente...

A3 page size on non 2003 versions??
I have 2003 at work which allows you to change the page size to A3. However, I only have 2007 at home and this will not allow me to create an A3 size spreadsheet. Is there a patch or update anyone can help me with? Paper sizes are printer dependent. Does your at-home printer support A3? Mine does not. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 13:45:01 -0800, shab <shab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have 2003 at work which allows you to change the page size to A3. However, >I only have 2007 at home and this will not allow me to create an A3 siz...

Office Live Add-in for Office 2010
Any plans to release an update to Office Live Add-in for Office 2010 to open and save documents to Office Live Workspaces? It's my understanding that for Office 2010, Office Live Workspaces has been superseded by SkyDrive, for which no add-in is needed in Office 2010. Eventually, documents stored on SkyDrive will also be able to take advantage of Word/Excel/PowerPoint 2010's new co-authoring feature. To get started there, visit skydrive.live.com. You get 25 GB of free space, which is a bit more than we had using OLW. -- Herb Tyson MS MVP Author of the Word Bible Bl...

OUTLOOK 2007 Out Of Office
At work we recently upgraded to Office 2007. Both Office 2003 and 2007 Outlooks allow you to set an Out Of Office message. With 2003 when you turned Out Of Office on, the next time you logged on a pop-up in the middle of the screen asked you if you wanted to turn Out Of Office off. With 2007, the ONLY notification you get is in the lower right corner of the window. There is no pop-up so it is easy to forget to turn Out Of Office off. Just yesterday I realized my Out Of Office was on all day. Is there a way to get the 2003 pop-up to pop up again? No, you'll get a bal...

What in Office 2004 is worth the upgrade price from Office v.X?
Don't get me wrong... I like my Office v.X and I certainly appreciate the fact that MS has the MacBU and is supporting MS Office products on OS X. BUT, I have read the list of new features for Office 2004 and I don't see anything compelling... The sort of thing that might have attracted my interest would be VBA compatibility with the WindowsXP versions of the Office suite... And the same sort of XML support as is offered on the XP side. But my understanding is that neither is part of the upgrade. I presume a bunch of folks out there *are* upgrading... What are the features you think...

Signature problem Outllook 2000-Office 2000 Pro SR-1
Can't insert signature. HELP points to Tools>Options> Mail Format. My dropdown menu from Tools does not show "Options" so I can,t proceed. Have already Re- install Office and Downloaded all updates from MS. Help! ...

Converting Access 2000 to Access 97 version
I spent this weekend setting up a database and form on my home computer using my Access 2000. I burned the database and form, took it to work this morning and I couldn't open it with Access 97. Not a big surprise but was surprised when I couldn't figure out how to convert the 2000 to 97. I thought there would be a Save As like there is in Excel. Do you know how to convert my Access 2000 stuff so it will work with Access 97 at work? I thank you for your time. Sincerely, Gary In Access 2000, use the Menu Tools / Database Utilities ... / Convert database / To Prior version ... ...

Office 2003 and Windows 7 12-18-09
I've just bought a new laptop with Windows 7 64 bit and I loaded MS Office 2003 and added SP3. It seems to work OK but I have not yet explored the outer reaches etc. Dell Tech support tells me that Windows 7 will not run Office 2003, so I am on the look-out for problems but have not yet found any. What experience does the forum have? Happy Holidays. Mike My first reaction is that Microsoft is not that stupid, but I am a former employee and long time user of their products, so... Earle "MichaelRobert" <MichaelRobert@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

What is the way to extract Microsoft Office Communicator 2005 cont
What is the way to extract Microsoft Office Communicator 2005 contacts into text file or any other format? Best to repost this to the communicator newsgroup On the web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.communicator -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Kelkady" <Kelkady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:619AD068-11BF-40B8-B3A9-854D895B29DF@microsoft.com... > What is the way to extra...

events in office 2000 do not go away
environment: office 2000 on XP sp1 or 2000 sp3 when an event occurs you get the option of Dismiss or Snooze or X the wnidow. regardless of method of dismissal of message the event will re-appear regularly. usually hourly. one of my users now has 20 of these appearing! Help Please Thanks muchly Jeff Poretsky IT Manager The Studio Theatre (please cc me in mail if possible {it at studiotheatre dod org} ...

Project Server vs Microsoft Office SharePoint Server
I see a well priced hosting solution for Microsoft Office SharePoint Server. I own MS Project Professional 2007. I would want to publish tasks, milestones, alerts, etc. to a few collaborators. How well would Project Pro pair with MOSS to suit my stated needs? Other members of the group do not own project. Is there any way through a developed app that would allow the other collaborators to indicate task completion, alerts, etc. within an email that could automate the processng of same. In other words, can a task request be embedded through coding to a recipient through ...

MS is Configuring MS Office Message?
I just had a very frustrating 20 minutes. All I wanted to dop was insert a function in a cell in my new Excel 2003 and I got a pop up window that MS was "Configuring Office 2003." TWENTY MINUTES LATER I was forced to shut off the computer, because it still wasn't done and woulodn't respond to other colmmands. What the HECK is this all about? Anyonme know if this is going to happen again? Apelles Posting an ambiguous question that people cannot answer coupled with posting anonymously is simply going to add to your frustration. You indicate that you added a functi...

Word, Excel, PP crash on start, Entourage OK
Word, Excel, PP, crash on start, Entourage is OK, Project Gallery will open. Mac OSX 10.3.9, G4 PowerPC, not on a netweok I haven't used word, excel, PP, for a few months, they used to work just fine. No updates to OSX since then. After the crashes I ran auto update and it installed the latest Office update. I did install a few new fonts, but immediately after the crash I deleted them. I have trashed prefs, my Start Up folder is already empty. I have run Font Doctor and deleted corrupt fonts AND have used Font Doctor to disable all fonts -though 2 .dfonts will not disable?? - I have r...

Re-installing Office 2007 on new computer
I got a new computer and need to re-install my Office 2007. I am a student and got it from Microsoft via download. So, I have no disc to insert and install. I do have the product key. I am having trouble finding a site where I can re-enter my product key to get my Office 2007 Student version back. Anybody have a website for me to use for my product key?? Thanks in advance!! Andrea You could have ordered a cd when you purchased for an extra charge. Or you could have purchased from eg Amazon, which would have got you the cd at a cheaper price. You saved the product key bu...

Protect Worksheet to share with older versions of excel
Can you protect a sheet and workbook so that rows, columns and formulas cannot be changed, but others can add data (filling cells with data), but still have users with an older version of Excel be able to access them? Yes, you can protect individual cells within a Worksheet whilst leaving other cells within the same Worksheet open for amendment. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "VIPone" wrote: > Can you protect a sheet and workbook so that rows, columns and formulas > cannot be changed, but others can add data (filling cells with data)...

What is the Current Version # of Money 2007 Home & Business?
What is the Current Version # of Money 2007 Home & BusinessI am getting a message to perform a required update but the update runs and says it has completed then prompts again every time I start Money 2007 Home & Business. I spent some considerable time to solve this on several Microsoft support chats with no solution. My version # is 16.0.150.614 - What is the Current Version # of Money 2007 Home & Business? -- Eric Bennett In microsoft.public.money, SolaDude wrote: >What is the Current Version # of Money 2007 Home & BusinessI am getting a >message to perform a ...