Object pivot point

Is there a way to change the point at which an object will rotate? Or
will it always rotate about the center? For instance, I would like a
square to rotate about each corner.

Thanks,

Dave B

You really need to invest in a drawing program. Serif has a free offering,
DrawPlus 4. If you want the full feature version 6 it is $10.00.
I use CorelDraw, it is simply a matter of moving the pivot point to the corner.
I can't be sure Serif has this feature. I do know Publisher does not. You can
use ruler guides to place your object and use the "format autoshape" to control
the amount of rotation then move the shape corner back to the ruler guide. It
works out the same.
http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/software/DrawPlus/default.asp

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Dave" <Dave.Beaune@lhsc.on.ca> wrote in message
> Is there a way to change the point at which an object will rotate? Or
> will it always rotate about the center? For instance, I would like a
> square to rotate about each corner.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave B

0
mary.sauer (2018)

Pivot table question: How to display total and percent for data simultaneouly
I'd like to make a pivot chart that displays the same data both as a total and as a percentage at the same time: Example: Consider the following source data: Name Category Value a c1 10 a c2 20 b c1 5 b c2 30 It is easy enough to make a pivot table displaying: Sum of Value Category Name c1 c2 Grand Total a 10 20 30 b 5 30 35 Grand Total 15 50 65 It is also easy to display the percentages of the grand total for each entry. I'd like to display both simultaneously. Something like Name c...

Pivot Chart Layout
I have some charts that I started when I was using MS 2003, I have recently switched to MS 2007 Beta and my charts are not formatting right, I have resized them and they still will not print big enough to read. The format changed completely. How can I get the old version of my charts back without going back to 2003? And how can I get excel 2007 to quit freezing??? You must not have read the caveat about beta software: Don't don't DON'T use it for anything important. You shouldn't even install it on a computer you use for anything important. As it stands now, the Exce...

Show a break even point
I have a series of profits from various scenarios in a line chart. It draws a upward sloped line. I want to mark the break even point with a line on the X axis. (naturally I can get one on the Y axis easy, but that is no good) I made a series of nulls and put a -10 at about the point of the break even point in the series and have a drop line at that point. It sort of works, but it is too approximate. i.e. break even of 7.4 and my X axis is in increments of 10, so the break even presently shows at 10 (not 7.4), which is no good. Any good ideas? Mark Hi Mark don't use a line chart bu...

Object in Publisher keeps disappearing
I keep putting a picture into my document and it is there until I save or the computer autosaves. How do I handle this. It has happened before, but I ususally repaste the graphic and it stays put. What is the problem? Cherilyn you are a magical magician to make that happen - very talented indeed. Please tell us how you manage to do such a feat? What version of Publisher are you using? What format is the picture you are having this problem with? The issue you describe is totally unknown in any version of Publisher. -- ...

Sorting data in Pivot Tables
I have Excel2000 and would like to be able to sort the data elements in the Row section of the pivot table in the order I choose. For example, if I have 3 elements such as Apple, Orange, Cranberry and want them to show in the pivot in this order I have to name them in the dataset as A. Apple, B. Orange, C. Cranberry and sort them ascending. Is there a way to do this without having to stick the A, B, C in front of the data item? Thx Presumably now the headers show Apple, Cranberry and Orange. Just select the cell containing the header "Cranberry" and type Orange. You can put ...

Pivot table subtotals 100% #2
This is what I am aiming for but how can I get 100% in subtotals for first year and the increase %age for the second and subsequent year please 2002 2003 Apples excellent 15 22.72% 16 24.23% good 21 31.82% 25 37.88% poor 30 46.46% 39 60.39% 66 100% 80 122.5% Greens excellent 12 17.65% 37 54.42% good 27 39.70% 51 74.98% poor 29 42.65% 47 69.12% ...

Hello, we were given a compiled asp.net app which is running on our iis 5.0 (.net v2.0.50727.1873) server in which appears to be functioning fine for the most part but one of the pages displays this subject's error and was wondering if there could be an iis and/or server configuration that needs to be adjusted since this is compiled and can't step through to debug it? Thanks in advance. "." wrote: > Hello, we were given a compiled asp.net app which is running on our iis 5.0 > (.net v2.0.50727.1873) server in which appears to be functioning fine...

Intersection point in graphs
All, I have 2 sets of data. One set is directly proportional to the data on x-axis and the other is is inversely proportional. I want to find out at which point on the x-axis do the 2 data sets intersect. I can see it graphically but I need some kind of a formula to spit out that intersection point. Any help, suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks, R.K. General answer: If we have two functions y1=f(x) and y2=g(x), we find the point(s) of intersection by setting y1=y2 [f(x)=g(x)]and solving for x. Specific case: directly proportional function y1=f(x)=ax indirectly proportional funcito...

Drawn Objects do not Appear
My drawn object and jpeg images that I have on some of my spreadsheets have disappeared. I've looked at the Option tab and objects are selected to display. I've assigned some of these objects to macros and they still work in that I can click on the area where the image once was and it does what it is supposed to do, but there is no image. I've looked at format of the 'hidden' image and the Image Control colour is automatic, as you would expect. When I go to Format Control - Image Control and just select again 'Automatic' clicked ok and the image appeared agai...

How to place field values outside an Excel pivot table ???
I'm working on a simple Excel pivot table based on an ODBC datasource. The underlying database table includes a field (not part of the pivot table) that holds a 'Page Title' field. I'd like to access this field from outside the pivot table so that I can place it at the top of the spreadsheet, for example in Cell [A1]. This field 'Page Title' contains the same value for all records in the table. Is it possible to put this field data in a cell outside of the pivot table? How do you do this? BTW, I tried placing the field in the 'Page Area' of the PivotTable,...

Pivot Table problem #6
Hi My organisation has recently changed financial year from Jan to Dec to April to March. All of our Pivot tables ran from tables held in sql and were simply made up from two fields that were Year & Period (2001, 01), where 01 was Jan is now April. We have converted all of the historical records so that 01 now = April. However, we still have some users that require their Pivot tables to see Jan to Dec by Year. Is there anyway I can set the Pivot table to report the columns headings so that they start 2000 10 to 2001 009 and so that the grand totals are calculated for these periods? D...

Serach folders: 'For Follow Up' & 'Large Mail'
The 'Follow Up' and 'Large Mail' folders in Search Folders are italicised and when I click on them I get error "The object failed. An object could not be found". Anyone got any suggestions please? Many thanks! Distorted Vision <r.patre@gmail.com> wrote: > The 'Follow Up' and 'Large Mail' folders in Search Folders are > italicised and when I click on them I get error "The object failed. An > object could not be found". > > Anyone got any suggestions please? Delete them and recreate them. They're not real folders ...

How to view summarized items in a pivot table
I created a pivot table for an aging report. It is broken down by not due, 0-30, 31-60, & 61+ days old by customer. When I double click in a cell say 31-60, I want to be able to see the items that make up that total. This is bringing everything up on that customers account. What am I doing wrong? Can I send my pivot table to someone to look at and help me? Thank you "exceluser" wrote: > I created a pivot table for an aging report. It is broken down by not due, > 0-30, 31-60, & 61+ days old by customer. When I double click in a cell say > 31-60, I want ...

Object not found when accessing shared calendar in OUTLOOK 2007
We are running an exchange server and most users are using OUTLOOK 2003. We installed OUTLOOK 2007 on the admin's PC today. She can access all shared calendars except for one. With this one - which is the most important one for her to share - it just keeps saying 'Object not found'. Any thoughts ? Thanks, Laura What version of Exchange Server? Is this shared calendar a private calendar or a Public Folder? What permissions does she have to it? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm &...

Excel Object copied to Word not printing in color
I had something in Excel that was copied into Word (using copy, paste special and pasted as an "Excel object"). Part was in color. Within Print Preview, it showed in color, but when printing it to a color printer, the colored text printed in black and white. We even tried printing to another color printer and it didn't work. Copying it over as a table worked, but it was too big to size on one page, so I copied it over as a "bitmap" and it worked fine. But, this was a work-around. Can anyone help? Thanks! dmotika ...

pivot wizard buttons
I am trying to create a Pivot table off that cube in Excel. Pivot table wizard shows you fields that you can choose from for your pivot table. I would like to know if its possible to rename/relabel the these buttons somehow? any ideas? On Jan 9, 12:36=EF=BF=BDpm, shahab <sha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote= : > I am trying to create a Pivot table off that cube in Excel. Pivot table > wizard shows you fields that you can choose from for your pivot table. > > I would like to know if its possible to rename/relabel the these buttons > somehow? > > any ideas? ...

Pivot table soustraction operator
Hello Could anybody help me with this problem I am trying to solve. Is it possible to apply the soustraction operator on a field of a pivot table ? I have a table with 2000 lines with this structure : A B C Isin Id Surcote AT383740 00058 - Bilan 934 AT383740 PA058 - Bilan 734 AT384821 00058 - Bilan 89 AT384821 PA058 - Bilan 89 From this, I tried to obtain a synthesis table like : A B C D Is...

Power Point compatibility
I created two powerpoint presentations on my PowerBook G4. These are being donated to a local museum and high school. They look fabulous on my mac. But, when I made a presentation yesterday to a church group, some of the photos did not show up - they said that they were TIFF (although I was careful not to use Tiff's ...or so I thought) and needed to be compressed. I already burned these discs and labeled them etc for donation. Help! How do I fix these? And, I assume, once fixed, they will have to be re-burned as I did them on non-rewritable discs so that people couldn't accidenta...

CRM Objects in MS Word Templates
Hi, I got a problem with the Merge function of SFO. When I want to write a quote in Word so a use the option in the menue. I select a template from word and then I am asked which Objects I want to include in the document. I want some information from the products, a custom field I integrated. Problem is, I cannot slect it in the document, so I digged a little bit in my database. I am able to select some information from Products, attached to a quote. For example the name or the productID are neither in the quote object nor the quote-detail object, only in the product object. So, obv...

(Repost) XSDs for CRM objects?
I am trying to either find static copies of XSDs for CRM objects or some permanent url locally to CRM server or Microsoft hosted site where I can reference the XSD by. Whenever your query returns a resultset xml, it should be loadable in a XmlDataDocument but it will need a schema. Personally I think this should have been a part of each object so that I can build a strongly typed dataset from the get-go. So anyone? Much appreciated... Jiho Han Infinity Info Systems Corp. the crm sdk will have these go to msdn.microsoft.com and search on ms crm "Jiho Han" <jiho.han@infinity...

the operation on the acrobat document object failed
hello, I have embedded an pdf file into an access table (2003) and when open the file directly from the table the PDf opens in Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 ok. But when close the file get the following error from Access. the operation on the acrobat document object failed the ole server may not be registered to register the ole server, reinstall it. i tried this - Regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Triedit\Triedit.dll" but succeeded but when open PDF file get same error. issue seems to be with the opening an embedded PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0. ...

How to refresh a Excel workbook with pivot & ADO query report in batch mode
I have a Excel report which as a report populated from a ADO VBA code in a VBA subroutine which is driven from a button on the Excel workbook which the user presses to refresh. Also, I have some pivot reports on this workbook which is refreshed from a VBA subroutine called from a Excel button. Our users want this report to be refreshed in batch meaning they want the report to be refreshed overnight and saved on the network share that they can lookup the next morning without refreshing. I am wondering if the workbook is called TestReport.xls and it as a subroutine called RefreshAllReports pl...

Power Point Slide Layout
How do I change the slide layout so the slides will be vertical like a letter sized paper instead of horizonal. Click on View, slide Master, Page Setup and select Page Setup or Slide Orientation and select Portrait. -- Michael Koerner MS MVP - PowerPoint "tom henderson" <tom henderson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01B2B7B1-F2EF-44C5-9F9C-266E0CECAC9E@microsoft.com... > How do I change the slide layout so the slides will be vertical like a > letter > sized paper instead of horizonal. PowerPoint 2007 Design tab / Pag...

Pivot Tables. A goob book required
I need a power users book on Excel 2000 or later Pivot Tables. Any Suggestions Please? WardB I don't know of any books dedicated to PivotTables, but there are some links to information here: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Pivots/pivotlinks.htm WardBell wrote: > I need a power users book on Excel 2000 or later Pivot > Tables. Any Suggestions Please? > > WardB -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

How can I graph an equation instead of points?
Instead of plotting points on a graph, I would like to graph an equation in the form of y = mx + b. How should I put this into a chart? Scott, Make up two columns, one with your xvalues (let's say, from A2 down), the other with the formula =m*A2+b where A2 is the first of your xvalues. Substitute m and b with values or cell references - like $C$2 Then copy that formula down, and graph based on that table. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Scott Murphy" <Scott Murphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BD9ADAC-F1CB-4F2D-84FD-8A2370482344@microsoft.com... >...