numbering hymns in Publisher... all get is 1's

I am trying to number hymns. In former Word versions I would just put
numbering in every title, or in the Style.
Now, in Publisher, when I put enter twice it stops the numbering, not
allowing the numbers.
Also, I could not find sequencial numbering for titles, and subtitles.

I do appreciate any help.
Ed
0
Ed4190 (308)

You can use the Insert, Page numbers, for the hymn numbers, it will probably
work. If you need to insert more sequential numbers you'd need to do it
manually. You can experiment with sections.
Format page numbers
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP062813861033.aspx?pid=CH100965991033

If Word has the tools you need, why not stick with Word?
--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to number hymns. In former Word versions I would just put
> numbering in every title, or in the Style.
> Now, in Publisher, when I put enter twice it stops the numbering, not
> allowing the numbers.
> Also, I could not find sequencial numbering for titles, and subtitles.
>
> I do appreciate any help.
> Ed

0
mary.sauer (2018)

number rounding in MS Excel

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

publishing
I'm trying to REMOVE the publishing funtion of a "previously published" excel document. I can't see where to remove the function. How do you remove the option. I've tried resaving the document and looked at all options I see. Robert From the Excel Help Modify and republish data on a Web page that was previously saved by Excel When you publish or save your Microsoft Excel data as a Web page, Excel creates an HTML version of the file (with the extension .htm). If you want to update that data on the Web page, and you saved or published a worksheet or items on a wor...

Publisher 2007 frequently crashes

Getting the BCC field by default.

Phone Number Filtering

Fractions Number format

Roman and Arabic numbers in SEQ
Running 2003 on XP. Got a doc that has SEQ numbering. The code is: ARTICLE{seq level0\h\r0}{seq level1\h\r0} etc. to level 7 and the last entry is {seq level0\r1\*ROMAN) This displays ARTICLE I The next level down is has this code: {seq level0\c\*ROMAN}.{seq level1\r1 \*arabic} This displays as : I.1, with numbers until article five displaying as V.1, V.2, etc. I want it to display as 1.1, 1.2, etc. I tried replacing the ROMAN with arabic, but it didn't change anything. I have spent hours trying to figure this out. Using reveal formating and styles, they are no styles...

Invoice Numbers 10-27-07

Rounding Numbers #3

Merge code issues with Publisher 2003

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

Getting rid of selection

Workplace Queues

publisher #18
if you have a small business with several computers that are on a network, do you have to purchase a seperate copy of ms office for each computer in the same office? We need to know this because we need it on all the computers but can not afford to pay 2000.00 for software. thanks! Publisher doesn't like being used on a network. Have you tried contacting MS and asking about multi-seat licenses? Also, didn't you say you belong to an NPO? If so, you could ask if MS has a special rate. The worst that they will say is no. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "April"...