Not enough memory

I have a friend who edits a Newsletter in Publisher 2000 and recently he has
been beset by not enough memory errors  when trying to paste text from an
Outlook Express body into a Publisher text box. Anyone who edits Newsletters
knows that many of their contributors are reluctant or unable to use
attachments so this procedure is often necessary. He has used this same
method for ages before with no problems. He can overcome the problem by
saving to Word and pasting from there. I'm sure I had this problem myself
once and doing a search provided an answer. I can't find the solution now so
can anyone help, please.
Tony

--
Regards

Tony

0
Tony

Does it matter how he pastes the text (unformatted, formatted, etc.)?
--
James
Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida

"Tony" <tony@ no spampensilva.plus.com> wrote in message
> I have a friend who edits a Newsletter in Publisher 2000 and recently he
> has been beset by not enough memory errors  when trying to paste text from
> an Outlook Express body into a Publisher text box. Anyone who edits
> Newsletters knows that many of their contributors are reluctant or unable
> to use attachments so this procedure is often necessary. He has used this
> same method for ages before with no problems. He can overcome the problem
> by saving to Word and pasting from there. I'm sure I had this problem
> myself once and doing a search provided an answer. I can't find the
> solution now so can anyone help, please.
> Tony
>
> --
> Regards
>
> Tony

0
Jaime
1/29/2010 5:34:47 PM
Jaime, I don't quite understand your question, He highlights the email text,
clicks "Copy" and the tries to paste into a text box in Publisher. Where
does formatting enter the equation?

"Jaime" <NOSPAMjaimelobo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Does it matter how he pastes the text (unformatted, formatted, etc.)?
> --
> James
> Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida
>
> "Tony" <tony@ no spampensilva.plus.com> wrote in message
>> I have a friend who edits a Newsletter in Publisher 2000 and recently he
>> has been beset by not enough memory errors  when trying to paste text
>> from an Outlook Express body into a Publisher text box. Anyone who edits
>> Newsletters knows that many of their contributors are reluctant or unable
>> to use attachments so this procedure is often necessary. He has used this
>> same method for ages before with no problems. He can overcome the problem
>> by saving to Word and pasting from there. I'm sure I had this problem
>> myself once and doing a search provided an answer. I can't find the
>> solution now so can anyone help, please.
>> Tony
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>>
>> Tony

0
Tony
1/30/2010 8:31:55 PM
Is your user getting any other error? Publisher 2000 will have memory problems
if the PTXT9.DLL is damaged.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/235385

If your user has Norton he may receive an out of memory error.
How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us

There are other reasons as well. Your user could try detect and repair.
There is a small program that resides in the systray that converts copied text
into unformatted text on the fly.
http://www.stevemiller.net/puretext/

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

> Jaime, I don't quite understand your question, He highlights the email text,
> clicks "Copy" and the tries to paste into a text box in Publisher. Where does
> formatting enter the equation?
>

> "Jaime" <NOSPAMjaimelobo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Does it matter how he pastes the text (unformatted, formatted, etc.)?
>> --
>> James
>> Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida
>>
>> "Tony" <tony@ no spampensilva.plus.com> wrote in message
>>> I have a friend who edits a Newsletter in Publisher 2000 and recently he has
>>> been beset by not enough memory errors  when trying to paste text from an
>>> Outlook Express body into a Publisher text box. Anyone who edits Newsletters
>>> knows that many of their contributors are reluctant or unable to use
>>> attachments so this procedure is often necessary. He has used this same
>>> method for ages before with no problems. He can overcome the problem by
>>> saving to Word and pasting from there. I'm sure I had this problem myself
>>> once and doing a search provided an answer. I can't find the solution now so
>>> can anyone help, please.
>>> Tony
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Tony

0
Mary
1/30/2010 11:06:27 PM
In all other respects his Publisher operates faultlessly. The only time he
gets this message is when he tries to copy text directly from an email body
into a text box, a practice he has been using for a long time without
problems. Since it has only started to happen fairly recently I will suggest
your "Repair" option and see if that fixes it. Thanks.
"Mary Sauer" <mary.sauer@mygmail.com> wrote in message
> Is your user getting any other error? Publisher 2000 will have memory
> problems if the PTXT9.DLL is damaged.
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/235385
>
> If your user has Norton he may receive an out of memory error.
> How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in
>
> There are other reasons as well. Your user could try detect and repair.
> There is a small program that resides in the systray that converts copied
> text into unformatted text on the fly.
> http://www.stevemiller.net/puretext/
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Tony" <tony@ no spampensilva.plus.com> wrote in message
>> Jaime, I don't quite understand your question, He highlights the email
>> text, clicks "Copy" and the tries to paste into a text box in Publisher.
>> Where does formatting enter the equation?
>>

>> "Jaime" <NOSPAMjaimelobo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Does it matter how he pastes the text (unformatted, formatted, etc.)?
>>> --
>>> James
>>> Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida
>>>
>>> "Tony" <tony@ no spampensilva.plus.com> wrote in message

0
Tony
1/31/2010 1:25:48 PM
Rather than just using "Paste", what choices are available if he chooses
"Paste Special" from the Edit menu?
--
James
Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida

"Tony" <tony@ no spampensilva.plus.com> wrote in message
> Jaime, I don't quite understand your question, He highlights the email
> text, clicks "Copy" and the tries to paste into a text box in Publisher.
> Where does formatting enter the equation?
>

> "Jaime" <NOSPAMjaimelobo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Does it matter how he pastes the text (unformatted, formatted, etc.)?
>> --
>> James
>> Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida
>>
>> "Tony" <tony@ no spampensilva.plus.com> wrote in message
>>> I have a friend who edits a Newsletter in Publisher 2000 and recently he
>>> has been beset by not enough memory errors  when trying to paste text
>>> from an Outlook Express body into a Publisher text box. Anyone who edits
>>> Newsletters knows that many of their contributors are reluctant or
>>> unable to use attachments so this procedure is often necessary. He has
>>> used this same method for ages before with no problems. He can overcome
>>> the problem by saving to Word and pasting from there. I'm sure I had
>>> this problem myself once and doing a search provided an answer. I can't
>>> find the solution now so can anyone help, please.
>>> Tony
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Tony

0
Jaime
2/1/2010 2:33:08 PM
I will ask him.

> Rather than just using "Paste", what choices are available if he chooses
> "Paste Special" from the Edit menu?
> --
> James
> Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida
>
> "Tony" <tony@ no spampensilva.plus.com> wrote in message
>> Jaime, I don't quite understand your question, He highlights the email
>> text, clicks "Copy" and the tries to paste into a text box in Publisher.
>> Where does formatting enter the equation?
>>

>> "Jaime" <NOSPAMjaimelobo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Does it matter how he pastes the text (unformatted, formatted, etc.)?
>>> --
>>> James
>>> Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida
>>>
>>> "Tony" <tony@ no spampensilva.plus.com> wrote in message

0
Tony

Macro Error...OUT OF MEMORY
I am trying to run a macro in an excel csv file. The following occurs: The following error occurs: The application is about to install ActiveX controls, if you trust this source click ok, then systems error: &H8004005 (-2147467259 unspecified error), after clicking OK it says OUT OF MEMORY. Any help is appreciated. G118 I've had similar problems with regular .xls files on my networked computer at work.........when I run the same file on my laptop, which is half the speed and one-quarter the RAM, the file and the macros work fine.........I lay it off to too much "monitoring...

visual studio memory utilization?
I am using Visual Studio 2008 version 9.0.30729.1 SP I have a solution with about 25 c# and vb projects in it - these include web projects, business classes, windows forms projects. These projects all share business classes. When I start Visual Studio, the memory usage for devenv.exe is about 20 megabytes in Task Manager. When I load my solution, the memory usage increases rapidly to over 400 megabytes, and then gradually increases to well over 500 megabytes. Of course performance is poor, and I assume that something is wrong, but I don't know where to look. Thank...

Windows 7 64 bit not releasing memory
I have Windows 7 Pro 64 bit with 8GB of memory. On two occasions, the memory has become so low that I have had to reboot. If I notice that I am getting low on memory, I quit programs and the memory that those programs were using are not released back to be reused. Has anyone else seen this? Thanks, Jes __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4645 (20091128) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com If a program is not coded correctly it may well hold the memory after the applic...

Custom Memory Manager
I have a class that allocates alot of small chunks of memory using 'new'. Each time I re-initialize the class, deleting the memory gets slower to process. I've traced it down to the loop where the memory is 'delete'd. I'm not getting any memory leaks so I am thinking that the process is fragmenting the memory enough to cause a performance issue. Is there a way to create a custom 'new' and 'delete' class so that I can allocate/free a block of memory? Does anyone have a sample? Thanks There is a book "C++ for real programmers" by Jeff Alger A ...

Outlook 2003 Memory Hog
Should Outlook 2003 be using over 56,000k of memory?? ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

ShellAboutW fails with memory access violation,...Bug?
This is some way of strange to me, because the Unicode ShellAbout (did not test it with Ansi) fails with memory access violation. Even this code fails inside a simple wain function with no code except this: ShellAbout(NULL,TEXT("roo - resource object optimizer...#roo.exe\0"), TEXT("See helpfile for more information.\0") ,NULL); I use Visual C++ 2008 and the latest Windows SDK (6.0.6001.18000.367) Builds with no problem or warnings, but fails on this simple call. Target OS is Windows XP 32bit... Stack Trace gives me this: shell32.dll!SHCreateQueryCancelAutoPlayMoniker...

memory instruction reference can't be read
Hi, Compiler:Visual C++ 6.0 In debug configuration, I can build the project and run it without error. But in release configuration, I can build the project and run it. When I click one button, the compiler shows: "The instruction at "0x004022ff" referenced memory at "0x00000030". The memory could not be read." What shall I do to solve this problem? Thank you. > Hi, > Compiler:Visual C++ 6.0 > In debug configuration, I can build the project and run it without error. > But in release configuration, I can build the project and run it. > When I cl...

Not Enough Memory
Everytime I work on a file in Excel from a floppy disk (A drive), I generally ALWAYS will get a "Not Enough Memory" message when I try to print. Sometimes I get this message when I am working on a file (editing)and I try to save, I will get this message. I am using Excel 97 & have had this program on 2 computers and the very same thing happens. The programs were from two different disks, so it's not just a disk problem. Is there a problem with Excel 97 itself? Has anyone else experienced this problem? LC When you open a file in Excel, a temporary copy is made. ...

Tempdb on a memory card
In another discussion, someone suggested putting tempdb on a solid-state memory card, which I would assume to be a RAM drive. I remember trying this a long time ago and couldn't get it to function, though to be fair, it may not have been SQL Server. Is this allowed and does it work well? There is a world of difference between a SD card, a RAM drive, and an enterprise-class Solid State Drive. Memory cards are considerably slower for data transfer than physical disks. SSDs come out about even on transfer rates with physical disks, but have zero seek time so file fra...

Estimating application memory requirements
Our company has an app that is heavily dependent Sqlserver. Our test server is 64 bit with 32gb of RAM. I am hoping to find a minimum amount of RAM to recommend to our clients. If i set the MAX server memory value low and then increase that value with the same load, and watch the Sql memory stats will i be able to find the point at which more memory to the process isn't adding value? i am using this for performance counter values http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Performance+Tuning/analyzingmemoryrequirementsforsqlserver/2498/ which looks a lot like this one htt...

entity unicode in memory ?
I have turned 'see display unicode string option on under tools/options/debug' and while the enity I am hoping to see is only represented in the regular debugger as a ? followed by a space, I now SEE SOMETHING very different in the memory view. ( This is the memory when this legacy code pulls the outer HTML from an XML with imbedded XSL. It displays in the webcontrol the small delta represented by &#916; in the XML Can you help me understand what I am seeing after the > and before the A2630AA 4F 00 44 00 59 00 3E 00 94 03 20 00 3C 00 2F 00 42 00 O.D.Y.>.”. .<./.B 3E ...

Mailmerge Out Of Memory
I have installed Publisher 97 on my new Windows XP PC even though I already have Publisher 2003 on the machine. The reason I installed the old version also was simply because it was taking me a lot longer than I had hoped to master 2003 and there are some old publications which I need from time to time. Everything in 97 works fine on the new machine, except for one item. When I attempt to use MAILMERGE, whether it be OPEN DATA SOURCE or CREATE PUBLISHER ADDRESS LIST, it responds with the same message PUBMERGE - OUT OF MEMORY As I say, everything else works fine. So what have I done w...

out of memory #2
When I try to open a PDF attachement I receive the message "OUT OF MEMORY OR SYSTEM RESOURCES. CLOSE SOME WINDOWS OR PROGRAMS AND TRY AGAIN". This is the only program or window I have open (othen then antivirus progam) I double click on the attachement - the next menu comes up and ask if I want to SAVE or OPEN - I click on OPEN and that is when the message appears. Please advise. Thanks - DJ ...

Creating 'Shared Memory' using MFC
Is there any way to create "Shared Memory" (for interprocess communication/Data transfer etc) using MFC ?? If yes then how? Is there any Class/Function for that?? Please advice, Regards Sanjoy Sinharoy HCL Technologies India SSRoy wrote: > Is there any way to create "Shared Memory" (for interprocess > communication/Data transfer etc) using MFC ?? If yes then how? Is there any > Class/Function for that?? > > Please advice, MFC does not provide a class for shared memory, but you can call the shared memory APIs from an MFC application. Call CreateFile...

insufficient memory or disk space
I have Windox xp and outlook xp. whenever I try to sent out and email from Outlook I get the error "insufficient memory or disk space. Word cannot display the requested font". It doesnt allow me to type anything else nor does it display the text in the email. I tried looking in the KB and search the newsgroups but to no avail. Can you please help me by pointing me in the right direction. Thanks you help is greatly appreciated. R ...

OLE
Hi, I have a client using GP10. They use OLE quite extensively in their PO process and often attach more than one document to a specific OLE containment. They are now having an issue when trying to add their 5th attachment - it gives the error 'not enough storage is available to complete this operation' Is there a OLE containment size restriction in OLE, or perhaps a maximum file size attachment? Thank you Neil Palmer ...

reference memory error when printing excel file
When I try to print any kind of excel file I am getting an error message ststing 0x77f853b reference memory error 0x001de4b8 memory could not be read.. This is new to me, I have used excell for a long time and haven't run into this problem until now.... Can anyone shed some light on why this might be happening?...... I am running XP and Excel 2000 ...

There is not enough space on the Exchange Server to store all of your rules.
Here is the problem we are having. We have been doing a server upgrade for a domain. The new and old servers are running Windows NT 4.0 and Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5. The Exchange Server was installed on the old PDC, but according to government standards, it must be located on the new BDC. We used the ExMerge utility to backup all user mailboxes (approximately 130) to a workstation. We then restored the mailboxes to the new BDC where they belonged. All users are able to access their old mail, and all of their old folders. Unfortunately, when some users try to activate the ru...

QAT does not allow enough room for customization
I posted the paragraphs below on a message board (http://www.exceluser.com/explore/surveys/ribbon/ribbon-survey-results.htm) some time ago. My company's #1 client has migrated to 2007, and are were forced to do so in order to maintain our relationship. The option to 'stick with 2003' is not available to us , and 2007 is crippling our productivity. There is no end in sight, as the custom programming we built in is now gone forever, and we will lose work due to loss of competitive advantage. I'm not critical of change, and I'm not trying to hold on to a dino...

Memory leakage !!
I have placed MS comm control on Test dialog, While initiate the dialog it is occupying around 2MB space, I am unable to free this space. I am giving the snippets of the code. MSComm m_ctlComm; m_ctlComm.SetCommPort(1); m_ctlComm.SetInBufferSize(1024); m_ctlComm.SetOutBufferSize(512); m_ctlComm.SetSettings("9600,n,8,1"); m_ctlComm.SetInputMode(1);//0 - Text and 1 - Binary. m_ctlComm.SetRThreshold(0);// To Raise OnCommEvent() method. m_ctlComm.SetSThreshold(0); try { m_ctlComm.SetPortOpen(TRUE); } catch(CException* e) { AfxMessageBox("Port is already open. ",M...

debuging memory leak
Please advise how to get to the source of the problem having this dump only: Info: AfxDllCanUnloadNow returning S_OK Detected memory leaks! Dumping objects -> {86} normal block at 0x00DF2D90, 24 bytes long. Data: < - - > 90 2D DF 00 90 2D DF 00 CD CD CD CD CD CD CD CD {85} normal block at 0x00DF2DE0, 33 bytes long. Data: < Search History > 00 53 65 61 72 63 68 20 48 69 73 74 6F 72 79 00 {83} normal block at 0x00DF2E30, 60 bytes long. Data: < 0 > 08 A5 1A 10 30 A4 1A 10 CC CD CD CD 00 00 00 00 Object dump complete. Is there any tool to localize ...

Crystal Error
I am receiving the following error when accessing the reports; Crystal Report Logon Error - Please verify that you have enough Crystal licenses Here is a copy of the event log; MSCRM Platform Error Report: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------- Error: Unable to access crystal; check to see if you have enough licenses : Unable to log into crystal; check to see if you have enough licenses : Unable to communicate with crystallogon.csp Error Message: Unable to access crystal; check to see if you have enough licenses : Unable to...

memory leaks in vc++
I am trying to develop an application to transfer a folder of files using sockets. I have been using a loop to transfer all the files. there are many memory leakage errors found in debugging. how can i solve this? the output is differing. and I am unable to find the exactly where is the error in the code. could u please help regarding this. that would be greatful to me, sirisha. Give ur code..then onlly we can serve you..):- "sirisha" <sirishamohan2000@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1149592780.633366.146500@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >I am trying to develop an...

memory mapping and WRITE_REGISTER_UCHAR
Thanks to help that I got from a previous post, I was able to get my driver rebuilt and going again. I am very much appreciative. Here is a tricky question that I may not fully grasp yet: My driver is for a PCI card. Hence the address space is 32 bits. The memory on my card is 16 bits. So there is some mapping that occurs. Now, I did a little calculation already that tells me that byte 4 in PCI space is byte 2 in my card's memory, byte 6 is byte 3, etc. That works fine enough so that when my Windows application writes to byte x, the write goes to byte x/2. No probl...

Low memory error message in Publisher
I get a "low memory" error message when I try to use the mail merge in Publisher. I don't use Norton Antivirus so I don't believe this is the problem. I've read other responses about "low memory" error messages and haven't found a solution to my problem. I am trying to merge a Microsoft Word file into Publisher to make address labels. Any ideas??? -- Jodi It always helps to know what version Publisher you are using. Is your printer driver current? Most of the memory issues in Publisher usually are caused by virus programs, Norton is more prone t...