newsletter formatting

I have designed a newsletter in Publisher that I e-mail as a message. The
format is saves as HTML. The original recipient can view the newsletter fine,
however, when the newsletter is forwarded the formatting gets rearranged.

How can I keep the original newsletter the same for orignal recipients as
when it gets forwarded?

Thanks,
Fredrik
0
a9969 (81)

Fredrik A <Fredrik A@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard
to utter:
> How can I keep the original newsletter the same for orignal
> recipients as when it gets forwarded?

Convert to PDF using an application such as PrimoPDF (www.primopdf.com) and
email the PDF file.  Note that this will mean that the newsletter is an
attachment rather than in the message body.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
12/19/2005 3:22:11 PM
Is there any other solution than sending a PDF file attachment. The nice
thing with a newsletter is that recipients can click on links in the document
to view websites and e-mails.

Fredrik A

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> Fredrik A <Fredrik A@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard
> to utter:
> > How can I keep the original newsletter the same for orignal
> > recipients as when it gets forwarded?
>
> Convert to PDF using an application such as PrimoPDF (www.primopdf.com) and
> email the PDF file.  Note that this will mean that the newsletter is an
> attachment rather than in the message body.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
FredrikA (1)
12/20/2005 3:07:03 AM
There really aren't any other do-able options. Believe me, I've looked into
them and .pdf is the smoothest. If they have Reader v6.05 (?), they can
click on the links and you don't have to do anything. I haven't the foggiest
idea how they'd read an email with a newsletter.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Fredrik A" <FredrikA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there any other solution than sending a PDF file attachment. The nice
> thing with a newsletter is that recipients can click on links in the
> document
> to view websites and e-mails.
>
> Fredrik A
>
> "Ed Bennett" wrote:
>
>> Fredrik A <Fredrik A@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard
>> to utter:
>> > How can I keep the original newsletter the same for orignal
>> > recipients as when it gets forwarded?
>>
>> Convert to PDF using an application such as PrimoPDF (www.primopdf.com)
>> and
>> email the PDF file.  Note that this will mean that the newsletter is an
>> attachment rather than in the message body.
>>
>> --
>> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
jl_paules1 (1069)

Date Format #17
I would like to convert a date that I've input from another program. When I input it I get 'Aug-28-2008. I want it to just be a regular date - so it would be *8/28/2008 if I were to select it in Format Cells. It says that I have General as the Category selected. When I switch it to Custom - nothing seems to happen. Any suggestions? First create a small table in the worksheet: Jan 1 Feb 2 Mar 3 Apr 4 May 5 Jun 6 Jul 7 Aug 8 Sep 9 Oct 10 Nov 11 Dec 12 and assign the name: nmths to the table. Then, with your data in A1, try: =DATE(RIGHT(A1,4),VLOOKUP(LEFT(A1,3),mnths,2,FALSE...

Year formatting in Excel '03
I have an interesting situation where a client is interested in only entering the year in the field but the a date format. The unfortunate year result is 1905. Even with a custom value such as yyyy Excel still returns the 1905 "year". Now after some reading on the google, I have found that the reason why this happens but not how to make it work. ref. http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.programming/browse_thread/thread/fe25baef9f57e8c7/39c5922c86bc01bf Any ideas? Thanks, g- Format the cell as General, not yyyy -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail ...

Format pasting using keyboard shortcuts
Hi, I am working on a Spreadsheet project where I have to use the keyboard to Copy & Paste a Format from one cell to another. Does anyone know how this can be done. In Word to Copy & Paste a Format it is CTRL Shift C, CTRL Shift V which does not appear to be the case in Excel. Regards, Lynda Hi Griff not as easy as Word but Control & C to copy Alt & E then S then T and enter to paste format (personally, i would use the format painter icon on the standard toolbar) -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway &quo...

Date Formatting problem #2
I have a excel (professional xp). I have a problem formatting a text field into a date field. When I format the field nothing happens, until I double click on the field and then it formats. The problem is that I have over 8000 lines and I can't do this for every field. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Rick Rick Enter 1 in a blank cell and copy it. Highlight the 'dates' and Edit>Paste special...>Values+Multiply. With them still highlighted, reformat them as Date (Format>Cells...Number.Date). Don't worry that they all look like numbers before formatting....

E-Newsletter #2
I am trying to send an e-newsletter embedded into the message. When I preview the publication in the browser it looks perfect although when I try to send the document it appears in the same format as when I am working on it- i.e not in HTML. Help! -- zoew ...

Disable Formatting marks when using MS Word 2003 in Outlook
I'm using Outlook 2003 with Word 2003 as my editor. While cutting and pasting a web page into a new msg Outlook started displaying the Formating marks like the Paragraph symbol, spacing, etc. This occurs for both new messages and replies. I want to turn displaying these marks off while using Word 2003 as my editor but have been unable to do so. They remain unless I remove Word as my Outlook editor. Thanks in advance for any help Harold Load up Word, click on Tools, then Options. In the View tab, there is a section called Formatting marks. You probalby have the "All" ...

Formatting responses
When I send out a note or forward onr, it goes in HTML format, showing all my grapics, but when I respond to a note, it converts back to basic text. Is there anything I can do to allow responses to automatically go out in HTML (Or is this a function of how the sender has formatted his message to me?) Thanks, Jim Berglund I By default, replies (and forwards too) are formatted the same as the original message -- you'd have to change it manually. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup t...

How do I format parenthesis around negative numbers.
Seems to me Office XP could do this...How to in Office 2003 ? Hi this setting depends on your language settings. If Excel does not offer this as default format you can just enter this format as custom format -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany TomFoolery wrote: > Seems to me Office XP could do this...How to in Office 2003 ? There's a windows setting you can change: The way I'd get to in Win98 is: Windows Start button|settings|control panel|Regional Settings Currency Tab|Negative Number Format TomFoolery wrote: > > Seems to me Office XP could do this...How to ...

CSV format?
I have been forewarned that I will be working on creating an Excel spreadsheet in a CSV format. Can someone explain to me what that it? I am having a problem finding it in Excel's Help. Thanks a bunch! Teri. Hi CSV stands for Comma Separated Values. This means that when the file is saved, all formatting and formulas will be lost - it will just be plain text. The file can be opened with a text editor, Excel, Access and numerous other applications. Hope this helps. Andy. "Teri" <Teri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2729370-33E3-4F52-BEF2-F9358B...

how do i disable warning when saving file in csv format?
I would like to not have a message pop up every time i save my file in csv format, warning me about the fact that csv doesn't support certain things. how can i turn off that feature forever? ...

Excel to PDG Format Error
Hi, I am used to using Excel 2007 to convert my workbooks into PDF's. However, recently, all of a sudden, everytime I PDF a workbook my Formating and graphs are all wrong. I have noticed that this only happens when I do multiple sheets, but the problem with doing individual ones is that I can't combine them with reader. Try Dr. Dan's All-Purpose Excel-PDF Cure: Select all worksheets by <ctrl> or <shift> clicking from the menu bar: File > Page Setup click into the Page Quality box, and select 600dpi, if it already says 600dpi, select it again. ...

Formatting from VBE
Hello all ! I need to format a cell from VBE... it must formattes as number with 2 decimals.. then i will insert in my work.. help me please !! byee You can set a cell's number format in VBA: Code: -------------------- Range("A1").Numberformat = "0.00" -------------------- for example. pls123;696870 Wrote: > Hello all ! > I need to format a cell from VBE... > it must formattes as number with 2 decimals.. > > then i will insert in my work.. > help me please !! > byee -- aflatoon Regard...

cell formatting #4
I am trying to format a column so that it keeps track of computer hardware mac addresses. -Each cell must be limited to 17 characters only. -Cells must have 5 visible permanent colons so that users may only enter the remaining 12 letters/numbers. -cells must be restricted to entry of letters and numbers (no special characters). -users must be presented with an error message if they try to leave the cell without entering 12 letters/numbers. -column must not accept duplicate mac addresses. Can anyone give me some direction on how to do this? -----------------------------------------------...

Counting Cells Based on Format
Hello, Does anyone know if there is a formula that would allow me to count th number of times a specific cell format (Text Color) occurs in column. Thanks, mtalbritto -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you'll need VBA for this. Below a repost from today ------ using a procedure from Bob Phillips and Harlan Grove you may try the following: =SUMPRODUCT(--(ColorIndex(A1:A100)=3)) to count all red cells (background color) within the range A1:A100 or =SUMPRODUCT(--(ColorIndex(A1:A100,TRUE)=3)) to count all red cells (font color) within the range A1:A100 To get the c...

Formatting Cells #10
Hi I have a worksheet full of numbers 7 columns and 500 rows. Column number 4 has data (12344, 128763, A8923, 1284D, etc...) and I want to convert it into ('12344', '128763', 'A8923', '1284D', etc...) Basically, I just want to add single quotes around the text field in each cell NE help will be appreciated Thanks Aneesh. Hi one way: use the following macro sub foo() dim rng as range dim cell as range set rng = activesheet.range("D1:D100") for each cell in rng if cell.value<>"" then cell.value="'" & cell.val...

Re-formatting of dates from Excel to CSV
When I save an Excel worksheet as a CSV file the dates are re-formatted from 04/11/2004 to 4/11/2004 (British style Date ddmmyyyy). This doesnt happen immediately on saving but when the CSV file is closed and then reopened. Any suggestions how I can prevent it dropping the leading zero? Many thanks GLS -- GLS In a word, No!! All I can suggest is you reformat the cells when the file is opened. I tried preceeding the date with a ' and Excel got shot of the ' AND the leading 0. The only other suggestion I have is to save as a TXT file and use the text import wizard to format the ...

Conditional formatting wont work?
I have a Text box on my form [Age] but when I ask it to Conditional Format it wont recognize "2yo" this is the query field to the text box Age: funCalcAge(Format('01-Aug-' & [DateOfBirth],'dd/mmm/yyyy'),Format(Now(),'dd/mmm/yyyy'),1) Any Help Thanks..........Bob ...

Converting numbers to date format from csv files
I have data submitted as csv files which i have saved as excel spreadsheets. Problem is the dates in the csv file are 20020105 etc, I need to convert these to date format in order for me to calculate between sets of dates. All I get is ###### (it's not a case of the column being too short). Tearing my hair out Hi Select the column and use Data / Text to Columns. One of the dialog box steps allows you to tell Excel that the value is a date - and how it is laid out. I think it's the third box in and it says something like Column Data Format in the top right corner. -- Andy. &q...

Format problem on exporting a query to txt
Access 2003 Exporting a query as a text file and I choose CSV and " as text separator. I need " to wrap the numbers but I cant figure out how to do that. What I get is "TAG","Qty" 59081,13 2450,30 What I need is "TAG","Qty" "59081","13" "2450","30" Anyone know how to achieve this. Use CStr function to cast the numbers as string values: SELECT CStr([TAG]) AS tTAG, CStr([Qty]) AS tQty FROM TableName; -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Pat Coleman" <pcoleman@foodirela...

Problem with V-Basic code for displaying times in hh:mm format
I am NOT a Visual Basic expert by any stretch. A while ago, I asked for some help re setting up the code so that someone could quickly enter just the numbers for a time, and the program would change that to the correct hh:mm format when you tab out of the cell. I received the following suggestion: "Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim tlen As Long, result As String If Target.Column < 3 Or Target.Column > 15 Then Exit Sub If Target.Column > 6 And Target.Column < 12 Then Exit Sub If Target.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub tlen = Len(Target.Val...

Formatting Dates from 1700 & 1800s
Running Office 2007. How can I get (or format) dates from the 1700s through 2010 to sort? It sorts dates ascendingly from the 1900 and 2000s just fine but throws the 1700/1800 dates at the bottom and then not in any particular order. I've already tried formatting dates as almost every choice in the date format window and I've tried typing dates as 1/23/1899, January 23, 1899, etc. but nothing sorts correctly (ascending or descending). Thanks for any help you can give me. Excel doesn't support those old dates. It only goes back to Jan 1, 1900. You could e...

Cell formatting #2
Can I format a cell to change numerical data from one cell to text data; i.e. A1=1 A2=one Thanks Mark No built-in Format or Function, but you can build your own User Defined Function using the info at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q213360 OR download Laurent Longre's MOREFUNC.XLL from here: http://longre.free.fr/english/index.html Has a Numbers to Words Function along with many other useful Functions. Gord Dibben Excel MVP - XL97 SR2 & XL2002 On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 11:52:55 -0700, "Mark Strohmeyer" <mark@southwestconst.com> wrote: &...

The source data is not in the required format
I'm trying to import a list of 10 contacts. They were all unsuccessful. The error message "The source data is not in the required format" appears. The error stop at the company column which is a lookup to another table and it is a required field. I've tried replacing the company name with both plain text and GUID. I'm also trying to import a field name Contact Steward. This field contains a CRM User login ID and a field name Language which is a pick list item containing the words English or French. Questions: What should I try for the company field? What shou...

Creating a Formula to Format Column automatically? #3
Can I record it as a macro or anything like that? I have to run it o five sheets. I've tried to conditional formatting, and it works only o one cell, unless I'm doing it wrong -- bludovic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bludovico's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1480 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26434 not sure what you are trying to do but conditional formating can be coped and pasted. you have also conditional format an entire column/row by selected the en...