Newsletter Email Preview is Perfect, Test Email is AWFUL!

'm attempting to send out the 3rd company newsletter in as many months. I've
not had any problems with prior newsletters but I can NOT get this one to
email correctly. I created a custom email template that measures 11" x 25"
and I've filled it with the usual text and pictures and logo. It comes out
very wide with nothing lining up like it should. I did edit some of the
photos within Publisher - could that mess things up? Maybe I need a narrower
layout?

I have Publisher 2007 and Outlook 2007.

Forget it...Outlook 2007 uses Word 2007 to parse html and Word does NOT
support a LOT of stuff.
Send a PDF, then everyone will be able to see it reliably.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"lamiller61" <lamiller61@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> 'm attempting to send out the 3rd company newsletter in as many months.
> I've
> not had any problems with prior newsletters but I can NOT get this one to
> email correctly. I created a custom email template that measures 11" x 25"
> and I've filled it with the usual text and pictures and logo. It comes out
> very wide with nothing lining up like it should. I did edit some of the
> photos within Publisher - could that mess things up? Maybe I need a
> narrower
> layout?
>
> I have Publisher 2007 and Outlook 2007.

0
webmaster911 (1600)

Employees & their family / friends in collusion to bypass email fi
Currently, we have a barracuda that has about 40 manually typed extensions in the barracuda interface to filter movie formats by extension. However, it seems individuals are getting their friends on the outside to rename : blah.mpeg to blah.qrx - meaning it is a fake extension. This bypasses the filters. I asked barracuda networks if its possible to do any kind of mime filtering, that analyzes the data, and not just the extension, through header/footer analysis of the attachment(s), and they said it is not possible. can any 3rd party mail clients take this task, and deliver with an a...

Outlook CRM CLient cant set regarding inside email
Hello, When I open an email and hit track in CRM it does track I then want to set the regarding but the button does nothing. If I hit the down arrow/pick list it displays one empty box below. It used to show my recent tracking and regarding items. Has anyone seen this before? how can I fix it? Outlook 2007 CRM 4.0 Rollup 7 Windows XP CRM Server running on Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 Email router also on Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 Thanks in advance Ian ...

Open 'new email' in outlook (using word as editor, as per normal)
I have a field in each record of a continuous form that contains an email address. There is a command button next to it which, when clicked, should open outlook to email that address. Like what happens in a normal email hyperlinks I can see two ways of doing this: 1) Turn the field to a hyperlink. This works perfectly, however it makes it a pain to edit the link. 2) Use the sendobject command in VBA / a macro. Again: This works, however unlike the above it opens the new message directly in outlook instead of using word as the email editor as per outlook settings?? Can anyone shed any ligh...

How do I send a photo in email at a particular resolution?
I have been requested to send a photo at a "resolution" of 300. How do I determine resolution when attaching a photo to Outlook? From: "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> | I have been requested to send a photo at a "resolution" of 300. | How do I determine resolution when attaching a photo to Outlook? Use your preferred graphics program and open the graphic. Then save a copy at the requested resolution and subsequently attach the modified graphic to the email. -- Dave http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html Multi-AV - http://www.p...

meeting invites now show up as emails only
As of very recently, Outlook invites sent from my work calendar to my home calendar (both Outlook, although work Outlook is 2003 I think) now only show up as emails, not as calendar invites. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening - it used to work just fine. Fixes? ...

Email Queue Clients receiving failure email
I have set up queues in CRM and wehen emailing to them from the outside, the queues receive the emails and we can work with them. However, every time you email to them form the outside, the outside email will receive and error that the message could not be delivered. How can I stop the delivery error message from going out? Also, when the messages come in, they have warning on them that sender doesn't exits in CRM nor does the recipient. I totally understand the need for this in a CRM system. What I don't know is how and where do I add my Queue Email Addresses into my system so...

Duplicate email #5
I have several users who on occasion receive duplicate emails. Some as many as four duplicates. I have checked all settings and they seem to be correct. My email provider doesn't seem to have an answer either. If you are using POP3 accounts, then it is on the providers side, unless a person in the mailing group has a setting to auto frward to that person. I had that happen a few times for people who were on the main mailing list and their supervisor also was forwarding them the email. Email providers NEVER claim it is on their end I have found. "Aaron" <anonymous@discu...

Host Unreachable when sending email.
When I do an 'nslookup' on the domain I get the message "Non-authoritative answer" and then it lists the domain and the I/P address. What is "Non-authoritative answer" and would that prevent me from sending email to someone on that domain? No, it will not. Non-authoritative means that the name server (DNS) is not the "owner" of that domain. In other words, it is not authoritative. It can still, however, resolve the names necessary for sending mail. See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;153001 for a pretty good discussion of how th...

No eps preview in Publisher
I have the latest version of Illustrator and I can't seem to figure out a way to save it that Publisher 2003 will preview (all I get is a blank box until I print) Anyone have a solution? I can save it down to Illustrator 8 and get a preview but this is not very productive. Pieces of an EPS graphic may appear to be missing on the preview screen in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827303/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "slowWalk" <slowWalk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Is there a way to have 2 Outlook email accounts open at the same .
Currently I have to close one email account before checking my second email account, which I do all day long and is a bit of a nuisance. Please help! There's got to be a way that I can keep both open and just click on the bar on the bottom of the page to go from one to the other with ease ... please tell me how to do that! Thank you!!! -- Diane It's so easy to do, I'm sure that's why you missed it. Tools > Email Accounts... > Add the other accounts. Each will show in the same Outlook window, but in different PSTs. bondg "Diane" <Diane@discuss...

export email account #2
was incredibly easy in express. Like som many other things this feature is missing or not at all obvious in outlook. Anyone know how to do it? Getho You can try using the Microsoft Office 2003 Save My Settings Wizard. "Getho" <gethinc@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:42bbb2d5$0$27710$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au... > was incredibly easy in express. Like som many other things this feature > is missing or not at all obvious in outlook. Anyone know how to do it? ...

I cannot switch from grayscale to color preview
In MS Publisher 2007 I cannot switch from grascale to color previews. Does anyone know how to remedy? (This is not a problem in Word 2007) Thanks. It is a bug with some HP printers. It will be fixed in the next service pack I hope. Meanwhile use a different printer driver. There are generic drivers you can install such as Generic Color PS for Commercial Printing or MS Publisher Imagesetter. In the Printer folder, file, Add Printer. Scroll down to Generic. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Naomi" <Naomi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A98A482-29D...

Calendar - with Auto Preview
I accidently, I'm guessing, clicked on Day Week Month View with Auto Preview in the Advanced toolbar. My normal preference is Day\Week\Month. With Auto Preview selected in the Advanced toolbar, _many_ of my entered items in Calendar disappeared. That surprised me. They were of course still in the program, I just couldn't see them. Before I go any further with this, is this normal behavior? I also did a scanpst.exe and came up clean. Thanks, Dave Horne Ignore my post - I realized after spending a few minutes with this that the settings for Detail - Low, Medium, High were ...

test a range for value....
Hi, I have a column of dates, formatted as date dd/mm/yyyy. I would like to have a formula in one cell that will evaluate the entire range to check if all the dates are within a given year. If A1 is 01/01/2008, I can put =year(a1)=2008 in B1 and return a true or false, but I can't seem to get it to work for a range rather than just an individual cell. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA. Jim Assuming your dates are in column A, with the search date 01/01/2008 in B1. This formula will count how many dates are not in the same year as B1: =3DSUMPRODUCT(--(YEAR(A1:A1000)=3DYEAR(B...

Email messages in project center not showing in Entourage inbox
I am using Entourage 2004 version 11.4.0 on a Macbook with OSX version 10.5.8. I have several projects set up in the Project Center and email from some contacts are automatically made part of the different projects. Up until last week, all of my emails were showing up in the regular Mail Inbox, with the project marked by the colored dot in the Projects column. Now, however, some emails show up in the Project Center mail window, but not in the regular Inbox view. It has caused me to miss a few emails and is getting frustrating. Has anyone else experienced this? Or does anyone know what ...

Test Account Settings
I created a new profile and reestablished my email accounts in Outlook 2003. After setting up the account, I click on the "Test Account Settings" and get the following error message: Establish network connection: Unable to connect to the Internet or to the network. Please verify the connection settings. To access the connection settings, close this dialog, click More Settings, then click on the Connections Tab. This tells Outlook to connect to the local LAN. Email seems to send and receive OK. Just wondering why the "Test Account Settings" tab no longer works with m...

Cell with email address
I have a cell where I just want to record an email address. However, whenever I enter it tries to connect to Outlook, thinking I want to send an email. How can I stop this? -- Les Les It shouldn't try to connect unless you click on it but you can precede the entry with a single apostrophe or press Ctrl+Z after entry (undo) and a second entry should stop it -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Les" <Les@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B53EE8A-A0A8-4AFD-A09F-116DDE063747@microsoft.co...

email #72
How do I direct my email from my SBC Yahoo account into Outlook 2003? Chambord wrote: > How do I direct my email from my SBC Yahoo account into Outlook 2003? You can't without using a third-party application AFAIK unless you have a paid-for Yahoo account, or live in the UK! ...

testing a cell for a date value
Hi, Is there a way I can test the contents of a cell to see if it is a date? Thanks. Hi! You can use this: =ISNUMBER(A1) Dates are really just formatted numbers. So, a cell that contains a number will also evaluate the same as a date entry: 7/15/2006 10 Using ISNUMBER, both will evaluate to TRUE. (provided that the DATE entry is a real Excal date and not TEXT) Biff "Karen53" <Karen53@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6AE4B78-1EE4-4A6D-A16B-3BA9CE42C5C2@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Is there a way I can test the contents of a cell to see if it ...

Exchange Only accepting replied emails
I am working with exchange server 2003, it relays all local mail fine and all outbound mail fine, but it is only accepting replies to messages that have been sent from the domain so if someone creates a new message to send to a domain recipient they get NDR you do not have permission to send to this recipient. If anyone can lead me in the right direction on this matter it would be greatly appreciated thanks.. In news:1172526956.402418.21930@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com, AdonisL81@gmail.com <AdonisL81@gmail.com> typed: > I am working with exchange server 2003, it relays all local m...

Outlook Group incoming email assignment via rotation
I need to define a group such that: - Emails coming into the group email address (I don't know if this should be a distribution list or something else) can be forwarded to a single member of the group. - Assignment of the email to a group member will be via round-robin rotation through the group. - Round-robin mechanism must be able to recognize when a group member is marked as out of office and assign the incoming email to the next group member. I have no idea if this is possible, though I'm assuming that it would need to be servers-side (Exchange) rath...

Text formatted email
I am trying to email a long hyperlink path to some one that can only receive text formatted emails. When they receive the email it, the hyperlink gets converted in to 2 lines, top line is a hyperlink (path incomplete) the second line is "text" with the balance of the hyperlink path. I placed < > around the hyperlink and it still splits in to 2 lines. Is there any way to keep the full link path intact? Thanks! jvs Tiny URL to the rescue! :-) http://tinyurl.com/ -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Cr...

unable to send email #4
I am receiving error message, "A TCP/IP error occurred while trying send data to the server. (Error number 0x800ccc13). Can anyone provide any assistance to resolve this issue/ Thank you so much! Hi, Could you be more specific about the account type and the version ofOutlook etc ...??? Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Moises" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:537701c3ffd4$8fac4fd0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I am receiving error message, "A TCP/IP error occurred > while trying send data to the server. (Error number...

Outlook shared contacts/emails
Can someone provide advice? Computer #1 -- WinXP Home, Outlook SBE 2003 Computer #2 -- WinXP Home, Outlook SBE 2002 (note the year) My contacts and email accounts are on Computer #1. I wish for Computer #2 to have access to contacts for email sending, while storage remains ONLY on Computer #1, but view/response capabilities for Computer #2. I can find no way to share files and my research has only totally confused me. I have been an Outlook Express user and have just setup Outlook for its better features. Computer #2 is an occasional user, so this won't justify much in time ...

Account for Incoming email only?
Will Outlook allow a second email account with Incoming mail settings only? For a variety of reasons I cannot set up a second account that includes outgoing server settings and I'd like to be able to check an account with forwarding email all over the galaxy. I was hoping that just setting up my "two-way" email account as the default would solve the problem but it doesn't. Thanks for the help. JanDG <jandg@cableone.net> wrote: > Will Outlook allow a second email account with Incoming mail settings > only? Yes. > For a variety of reasons I cannot set...