newbee having page numbering problems

I generated a document to print ID badges, two sided.
each member has page 1/2.
I have 106 members = 212 pages of 1&2.
makes it hard to find what I want to print.
How can I change the page numbering to consecutive numbers?

I found that if I move pages I can get them to number consecutively,
but it is a 2 page at a time process and not exactly intuitive.

Is there a way to name the pages?

thx
0
bill6643 (5)

btw - i am using 2007

On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 10:11:59 -0500, bill@love.ranch wrote:

>I generated a document to print ID badges, two sided.
>each member has page 1/2.
>I have 106 members = 212 pages of 1&2.
>makes it hard to find what I want to print.
>How can I change the page numbering to consecutive numbers?
>
>I found that if I move pages I can get them to number consecutively,
>but it is a 2 page at a time process and not exactly intuitive.
>
>Is there a way to name the pages?
>
>thx
0
bill6643 (5)
11/6/2007 3:25:17 PM
You will have to include a field in your data base with the numbers.
Once you have your page setup for 8.5 x 5.5 and your merge fields in place,
File, Print Merge, select Multiple copies per sheet.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

<bill@love.ranch> wrote in message
> btw - i am using 2007
>
> On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 10:11:59 -0500, bill@love.ranch wrote:
>
>>I generated a document to print ID badges, two sided.
>>each member has page 1/2.
>>I have 106 members = 212 pages of 1&2.
>>makes it hard to find what I want to print.
>>How can I change the page numbering to consecutive numbers?
>>
>>I found that if I move pages I can get them to number consecutively,
>>but it is a 2 page at a time process and not exactly intuitive.
>>
>>Is there a way to name the pages?
>>
>>thx

0
mary-sauer (6480)
11/6/2007 5:56:43 PM
Mary

I don't think I am communicating.

Publisher 2007

ID badges 3.5 x 2.5 or close to that.

I don't know if I created master pages or not but each card has a
front and back page 1 & 2. so I have 106 pages groups of
1|2  1|2  1|2  1|2  1|2  1|2......................

I have moved a few pages and when I do they become attached to the
pages I move them between - sometimes - mostly if I put them before.

I would like to have them all just numbered consecutively to make them
easier to locate. Then all the odd #s will be the front and I can list
that with the names.

Is there a way to easily do that in publisher or by modifying the PUB
file.

bill

On Tue, 6 Nov 2007 12:56:43 -0500, "Mary Sauer"
<mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote:

>You will have to include a field in your data base with the numbers.
>Once you have your page setup for 8.5 x 5.5 and your merge fields in place,
>File, Print Merge, select Multiple copies per sheet.
0
bill6643 (5)
11/6/2007 10:58:58 PM
Have you tried to insert page numbers? View, two page spread. Insert page
numbers.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Mary
>
> I don't think I am communicating.
>
> Publisher 2007
>
> ID badges 3.5 x 2.5 or close to that.
>
> I don't know if I created master pages or not but each card has a
> front and back page 1 & 2. so I have 106 pages groups of
> 1|2  1|2  1|2  1|2  1|2  1|2......................
>
> I have moved a few pages and when I do they become attached to the
> pages I move them between - sometimes - mostly if I put them before.
>
> I would like to have them all just numbered consecutively to make them
> easier to locate. Then all the odd #s will be the front and I can list
> that with the names.
>
> Is there a way to easily do that in publisher or by modifying the PUB
> file.
>
> bill
>
> On Tue, 6 Nov 2007 12:56:43 -0500, "Mary Sauer"
> <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>You will have to include a field in your data base with the numbers.
>>Once you have your page setup for 8.5 x 5.5 and your merge fields in place,
>>File, Print Merge, select Multiple copies per sheet.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
11/7/2007 5:02:46 PM
That adds page numbers to the document

All I want is the little page buttons on the bottom to go from 1 to
212. I don't want numbers in my document.

they started out 1|2  1|2  1|2  ...............
they are now 1|2|3|4|5|6  1|2  1|2 .........
I would like the above sequence to continue
.... 6|7|8|9|10.......... 211|212 which is the last page.

On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 12:02:46 -0500, "Mary Sauer"
<mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote:

>Have you tried to insert page numbers? View, two page spread. Insert page
>numbers.
0
bill6643 (5)

force Excel to treat numbers as text
Sorry I searched this and no one seems to have a solution. I trie pre-defiming columns as text but it gets over-riden by the paste. Past Special doesn't do the trick.. paste special as text on tabular data coming from a web site puts mos of the data in the first column. It no longer spreads the columns o pasted data into its own excel columns the tabular data, tab delimited, I want to 'copy&paste' looks lik this: 1) OGRODOWICZ MARK M47 6306 BROOKLYN NY 533 446 41 24:00 23:25 7:3 20:58 2) CHAO DUSTIN M35 3738 NEW YORK NY 534 447 155 24:02 23:47 7:40 23:1 The paste should...

Change margin on one page not all
I am trying to insert a powerpoint 2007 created project into Word 2007, but the margins crop some of them off. When I try to change the margins on one page it changes them all. Can anyone offer advise on what to do. I only want to change the margins on the one page. You will need to have a separate section to accomplish what you wish, see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/workwithsectionscontent.htm for further information. Hope this helps DeanH "firefiten" wrote: > I am trying to insert a powerpoint 2007 created project into Word 2007, but >...

merging over multiple pages
This might be a basic question, but is it possible to merge over multiple pages (like in word)? I couldn't find any merge rules like in Word (i.e. <<Next Record>>). I want to create a catalog that (A5 format on landscape A4 pages) would run over multiple pages and be able to print the result back to back correctly so that the pages can just be stapled together and folded book style and read p1, p2, p3 etc. Is this possible? Kind Regards Damo What you have described is the way a catalog merge works. Setup your publication as a booklet, use the catalog merge. Lots of hel...

Journal Entry Number collision using EConnect auto-numbered docs
We encountered a recent EConnect exception that is of concern. We have an interface that uses the .NET libraries to publish a single journal entry (with several hundred distribution lines). The interface has been in production for several months. In a recent run of the interface, we received an error messaging indicating the entry didn’t balance, when in fact its entries did balance. Further investigation revealed the distribution lines (originating from EConnect) merged with another GL journal entry that was created by the system from the posting of a receiving batch in the...

Inserting blank rows where numbers break sequence
How would I change a 2 column list to add the missing numbers left out of sequence? is: abc 17 def 18 ghi 20 jkl 22 etc. should be: abc 17 def 18 19 ghi 20 21 jkl 22 Thanks. ...

AppCrach Problem
This program Modio worked fine untill 2 days ago. It keeps shutting down before I get to use it. These are the deatails: * problem signature: *problem event name: appcrash application name: modio.exe application version: 1.0.0.0 application timestamp: 4a5a1505 fault module name: stackhash_27f2 fault module version: 0.0.0.0 fault module timestamp: 00000000 exception code: c0000005 exception offset: 0001136c os version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3 locale id: 1033 additional information 1: 27f2 additional information 2: 325055436168101a578479ab72a66d1a additional information 3: 21e2 ...

Mail problem #2
I am Using Windows XP as my OS and MS outlook as my mail program but I have one small problem that I cannot seem to solve. Every time that I try to check my mail, I have to type in my passwords. Even when I click on the option to "Remember password", it will not be remembered the next time that I log on. Anybody got any ideas. Any help appreciated. Jimmy. If you are still having problems after applying both the SP 1 & 2 patches, then see if this article addresses your problemL OL2002: The Save Password Setting Is Not Saved When You Connect to a POP3 Server http://support.m...

Search Code Problem
I have a search that I would like to have run from three tables. 'strSQL = "SELECT tblHouses.RollNumber, tblHouses.PID, tblHouses.FirstOfHouseAddress, tblAccounts.AccountNo, tblListNos.MainListNo1, tblListNos.MStatus, tblListNos.ProjectID, tblHouses.Strata, tblHouses.Inactive, tblHouses.FirstOfPostalCode, tblHouses.FirstOfHouseNumber, tblHouses.FirstOfRoadName, tblHouses.LotNo, tblHouses.Telephone1, tblHouses.Telephone2, tblListNos.MPriority, tblListNos.MaintenanceComments, tblListNos.MainIssuedDate " _ '& "FROM (tblHouses LEFT JOIN tblListNos ON tblHouses.R...

Printing row titles each page
Using the tutorial when it comes to printing row titles on each page, I do not know what to put in under the "Printing Titles". I assume it was the row number (1) but that does not work. What do you put in to print titles on several pages. Thank you.. ...

Permission problem with public folder
Exchange 2000, Outlook 2000 (Office 2000) clients. Heres what happened: I exported the public folder to a pst file from the old Exchange 2000 server. Logged on as administrator on the new exchange server, I imported the file to the public folder on the new server. When I attempt to change information logged on as a user, I get the following error: "Your changes could not be saved because you don't have permission to modify some or all of the items in this folder. Do you want to save a copy of this item in the default folder fot the item?" I went into Outlook and set the ...

Problem with MDBVU32-Can't select MAPI profile
Hello, I try to open Exchange 5.5 SP4 IMC MTS-IN and MTS-OUT queues refering to MS KB165505. When I start the MDBVU32.EXE tool after creating a MAPI profile with PROFINST.EXE I don't have the possibility to select this MAPI profile to open the message store - has anybody also come across this problem ? Rstarting the Exchange server (NT4 SP6a) like explained in article KB165505 does not help - I can't select any MAPI profile within MDBVU32. Are there some hints or tricks to solve this ? Thanks and kind regards, Andreas Praedel praedel.andreas@oce.de Close any other MAPI ...

Numbering formate
I would like display baseball averages as three numbers with out a peroid. I formated the number as special by taking out the 0 from 0.386 to show .386, is there any way to have a number less that 1 be displayed as a whole number. Looking for 386. Thank you in advance. Hi Mike......... You can enter it as TEXT, by pre-formatting the cells as TEXT, or by typing a leading apostrople before the 386, Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Mike Busch" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1dcdc01c4546e$c3a85060$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I would like display ...

Lock cell for number input
Hi, I am creating Excel file for users to fill in the data and send it back to me. I have cells that require users to put in numeric value. How can I do to only allow numerice value when users typing in the cells? I need to do the same for percentage as well. For the percentage, my idea is to set the format of the cell to be "Percentage" and then limit the value to between 0 to 1. Thank you very much, B On Jun 23, 7:48=A0am, "msnews.microsoft.com" <boonyawat.la- ongth...@cnh.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I am creating Excel file for users to fill in the da...

File in Use problem
I'm revisiting some VBS scripts that I wrote several years ago to generate resumes for me (via Word macros) and would like some guidance on a couple of errors I am getting. I'll post about the two errors separately so that each has its own thread. My VBS script is pretty simple: ======================= ' Get arguments into variables If WScript.Arguments.Count > 0 Then MsgBox "Too many arguments; expecting none." WScript.Quit End If ' Find path for MyDocuments folder Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application") Set objFolder = o...

Have a display "Paging" through an XML file.
Via an ASPX (and code behind) in .net 2.0 I want to be able to "page" though and display the contents of an xml file. So if there are 100 elements, I can display "page 1 of 4" and list 25 elements per page. How can I do this? Below is the code used to display the XML file // Create XmlDocument and load the XML from file string FilterValue = "Autos"; XmlDocument XmlDoc = new XmlDocument(); XmlDoc.Load(new XmlTextReader(XMLFILE)); //Create the XsltArgumentList to be passed to the xslt doc XsltArgumentList xslArg = new XsltArgumentList(...

Scatter graph problem
Hi, I have created a scatter graph showing the results of 200+ pupils in two tests. The x axis shows the result of test A, the v axis test B. My problem is that some of the points on the graph represent 1 pupil and another may represent 70. Please can someone tell me how I can indicate the number of pupils for each point. Thanks, Sue I'm curious how the data are organized and how the graph is created. So, if you don't mind sharing that... In the meantime, specific to your question, if you have the count (i.e., the frequency) data in some column, you could use Rob Bovey's...

Outlook XP, sychronization over VPN problems
Hi, I have a user running Win 2k with Outlook 2002 (to run a View Sonic palm that he purchased) and when he is online in the office, through the LAN, Outlook works fine. The problem arises when he either dials in or uses DSL from home, after he connects to our VPN and gets into Outlook, the synchronization process starts immediately and runs often. He says it often takes him 30 minutes to write an email because the synchronization happens so often that it is hanging up his computer. I think I have shut off the Auto Synch feature but it still happened. I was on MS website and they l...

Dialog problem
I build a dialog class to manager my dialog resource. I call DoModal() method to show it.To my surprise, at first the dialog can not handle my left mouse button input,but if I click my right mouse button or let the dialog lose and get focus again, the dialog can handle my mouse input. I am very confused by that,and don't know why. Who know why.Thanks a lot. This does not make sense. Are you capturing the mouse at all? -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "zade" <zhaohc@ict.ac.cn> wrote in message news:cd2601c3823f$7791a4d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I ...

Numbered tickets with tear-off
Using Pub 2002, is there a way to create a merge and print tickets (3-up) with numbers on the main part of the ticket and the same number on a tear-off portion to use for prizes? Hi GG (nospam@nospam.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Using Pub 2002, is there a way to create a merge and print tickets || (3-up) with numbers on the main part of the ticket and the same || number on a tear-off portion to use for prizes? http://www.mvps.org/publisher/numbering6.html See if the above link helps. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http...

Primary Key names. (with random ?? numbers in them).
Dear reader, For primairy key names I was (and still am) used to names like : 1. PK_<table_name> Now I have a database which has primairy keys with double underscores and names like : 2. PK__<table_name>__<number> There are two underscores and a large number. When scripting (database or table): The name from 1 appears in the script. The name from 2 does not appear in the script and a similar name with a different number is generated when the script is executed. My problem, if I do not have control over the names of objects, it becomes difficult to ma...

Workbook page numbering
How do you get consecutive page numbers in a workbook with multiple worksheets? Group select them, then print: Click on the leftmost sheet and shift-click on the rightmost. In article <085101c3779f$ad811850$3101280a@phx.gbl>, "Terri" <tsavage@worleyassociates.com> wrote: > How do you get consecutive page numbers in a workbook with > multiple worksheets? Forgot to mention: Make sure you ungroup the sheets once your printing is done - any changes in a grouped sheet is made to all of the group. In article <jemcgimpsey-2D8D31.08470810092003@msnews.microso...

New Document Page
Somehow I saved text on my "NEW" document page. When I open a new page, it has text on it. Tried clearing and saving but it wants to save a new document, not the blank page. Anyone know how to get back to a new blank document page? Thanks, CT See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDocNotBlank.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "CT" <CT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D640D22B-FC36-43B8-9D46-CC07AF564CA9@microsoft.com... > Somehow I saved text on...

Page Options in Publisher 2007
I woner if anyone has a clue about this problem I am having. None of the 5 Microsoft technicians that I have talked to have any understanding. I create a newsletter by starting with a newsletter template. I modify the template by adding my own stories and artwork. That works fine. But then, when I want to made a web doxument of this, I want to convert the mulicolumn newsletter to a single column web newsletter. To do this, I go to PAGE OPTIONS and click "1 Column." But when I do this, all of my work is erased and replaced by the content of the original template as it wa...

Why can't I format background for web page?
when I try to format a background for a web page it isn't working. Help! 1) How are you trying to format a background? 2) Define "isn't working". 3) Version of FrontPage. Not enough info. -- Tom [Pepper] Willett Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997 --------------------------- "village rose" <village rose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:020E1997-4A88-4012-9960-C79CCED3B16F@microsoft.com... : when I try to format a background for a web page it isn't working. Help! ...

GDI+ Effects Problem
Hi guys, I got GDI+ to work pretty well in VC6 but I can't get the effects to work. Do I need a namespace ? What should I do ? This won't work: Sharpen sharpen; I get the classic C2065 undeclared identifier compilation error. Thanks, Robert ...