newbee having page numbering problems

I generated a document to print ID badges, two sided.
each member has page 1/2.
I have 106 members = 212 pages of 1&2.
makes it hard to find what I want to print.
How can I change the page numbering to consecutive numbers?

I found that if I move pages I can get them to number consecutively,
but it is a 2 page at a time process and not exactly intuitive.

Is there a way to name the pages?

thx
0
bill6643 (5)

btw - i am using 2007

On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 10:11:59 -0500, bill@love.ranch wrote:

>I generated a document to print ID badges, two sided.
>each member has page 1/2.
>I have 106 members = 212 pages of 1&2.
>makes it hard to find what I want to print.
>How can I change the page numbering to consecutive numbers?
>
>I found that if I move pages I can get them to number consecutively,
>but it is a 2 page at a time process and not exactly intuitive.
>
>Is there a way to name the pages?
>
>thx
0
bill6643 (5)
11/6/2007 3:25:17 PM
You will have to include a field in your data base with the numbers.
Once you have your page setup for 8.5 x 5.5 and your merge fields in place,
File, Print Merge, select Multiple copies per sheet.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

<bill@love.ranch> wrote in message
> btw - i am using 2007
>
> On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 10:11:59 -0500, bill@love.ranch wrote:
>
>>I generated a document to print ID badges, two sided.
>>each member has page 1/2.
>>I have 106 members = 212 pages of 1&2.
>>makes it hard to find what I want to print.
>>How can I change the page numbering to consecutive numbers?
>>
>>I found that if I move pages I can get them to number consecutively,
>>but it is a 2 page at a time process and not exactly intuitive.
>>
>>Is there a way to name the pages?
>>
>>thx

0
mary-sauer (6480)
11/6/2007 5:56:43 PM
Mary

I don't think I am communicating.

Publisher 2007

ID badges 3.5 x 2.5 or close to that.

I don't know if I created master pages or not but each card has a
front and back page 1 & 2. so I have 106 pages groups of
1|2  1|2  1|2  1|2  1|2  1|2......................

I have moved a few pages and when I do they become attached to the
pages I move them between - sometimes - mostly if I put them before.

I would like to have them all just numbered consecutively to make them
easier to locate. Then all the odd #s will be the front and I can list
that with the names.

Is there a way to easily do that in publisher or by modifying the PUB
file.

bill

On Tue, 6 Nov 2007 12:56:43 -0500, "Mary Sauer"
<mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote:

>You will have to include a field in your data base with the numbers.
>Once you have your page setup for 8.5 x 5.5 and your merge fields in place,
>File, Print Merge, select Multiple copies per sheet.
0
bill6643 (5)
11/6/2007 10:58:58 PM
Have you tried to insert page numbers? View, two page spread. Insert page
numbers.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Mary
>
> I don't think I am communicating.
>
> Publisher 2007
>
> ID badges 3.5 x 2.5 or close to that.
>
> I don't know if I created master pages or not but each card has a
> front and back page 1 & 2. so I have 106 pages groups of
> 1|2  1|2  1|2  1|2  1|2  1|2......................
>
> I have moved a few pages and when I do they become attached to the
> pages I move them between - sometimes - mostly if I put them before.
>
> I would like to have them all just numbered consecutively to make them
> easier to locate. Then all the odd #s will be the front and I can list
> that with the names.
>
> Is there a way to easily do that in publisher or by modifying the PUB
> file.
>
> bill
>
> On Tue, 6 Nov 2007 12:56:43 -0500, "Mary Sauer"
> <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>You will have to include a field in your data base with the numbers.
>>Once you have your page setup for 8.5 x 5.5 and your merge fields in place,
>>File, Print Merge, select Multiple copies per sheet.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
11/7/2007 5:02:46 PM
That adds page numbers to the document

All I want is the little page buttons on the bottom to go from 1 to
212. I don't want numbers in my document.

they started out 1|2  1|2  1|2  ...............
they are now 1|2|3|4|5|6  1|2  1|2 .........
I would like the above sequence to continue
.... 6|7|8|9|10.......... 211|212 which is the last page.

On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 12:02:46 -0500, "Mary Sauer"
<mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote:

>Have you tried to insert page numbers? View, two page spread. Insert page
>numbers.
0
bill6643 (5)

Payroll Batch Number
Is it possible to obtain the batch number of a transaction after it has been posted? I have been asked to create a report for our payroll department that lists the batch number in addition to the transaction detail that is contained in UPR30300. Thank you, Jeff Majchrzak No, the batch number is not available for reporting. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Jeff Majchrzak" wrote: > Is it possible to obtain the batch number of a transaction after it has been > posted? I have been asked to create a report for our payroll department that > lists the bat...

Auto formatting features: How do I align page numbers in publicati
I've got a problem with my publication. I can't align even page numbers to the left without automatic moving the odd numbers to the left as well? Can someone help me? Cissy99 wrote: > I've got a problem with my publication. I can't align even page numbers to > the left without automatic moving the odd numbers to the left as well? Can > someone help me? You need to create a two-page master rather than a one-page master. What version of Publisher are you running? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Questiontest-outlookwebservices problem
hi all and thanks for the support. i'm facing a problem with test.outlookwebservices. notice that oulook side everything seems to be pretty good: the autodiscovery and auto-configuration of the account succeedes, the test email autoconfiguration suceedes too. when i launch the test, once it suceedes for certain services and after a while it fails for those services and suceedes for other. look the prints: here are failing the RPC tests Message : [EXCH] The UM is configured for this user in the AutoDiscover response received from https://mytest-EXC1. myt...

Problem with systemstate backup with DPM 2010
Hi! We running DPM 2010RC on a Windows 2008 R2 The Protected computer is: Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Server 2003, Standard Edition 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2 Build 3790 When we installed the DPM agent the first backup of system state was successfully, so we have one restore point. But further backups in failing, the system state backup is in status “replica is inconsistent” and when I running a consistent check the job failing. In the error in DPM is: The replica of System Protection Computer\System Protection on sea0700smon1.xxxx.local is inconsistent with the protected data so...

Font problem
It seems that the Cambria Math font has recently acquired an extremely large Ascent and Descent. Has it perhaps always been that way and I've never noticed it before, or is it something recent, perhaps a Vista thing? Try the following code for example. For Arial and Times New Roman (and virtually all other fonts) I am getting pretty much exactly what I would expect (a TextHeight that is a bit larger than the point size) but for Cambria Math I am getting an extremely large TextHeight (I get exactly the same results using GDI32 methods). At this end (on my Vista Business laptop...

08 Mac Office activation problems
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Just found an article posted by michellec and I am faced with exactly the same problem - on 'activation' of the product, none of the 3 product keys seem to be correct, hence activation is unsuccessful!! Have received some help emails (and thanks Diana yours had the microsoft help number that has been good, despite the fact they can't help me and tell me I must get in touch with Digital River) but seems that what I need is another product key, and now that I'm asking for that since about 10 days, I don't get any reply ...

hide header on first page
how do i get excel to hide the header on the first page? Hi not possible with a VBA macro which will first print the first page without a header, then apply the header and print all other pages. Try recording a macro while doing this manually -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "karin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:32DF8BC3-0672-4B0B-BCA6-F9B404DFFC30@microsoft.com... > how do i get excel to hide the header on the first page? Try this karin Sub Test() Dim TotPages As Long TotPages = Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro("GET....

Autoshapes' visible problem
When I add some Rectangle autoshapes above the embeded chart, I find it's hard to control it's visibility, They maybe hide when I select some cell or activate chart. I want to know how to make them always visible no matter what I select. Thank you in advance! ^_^ Yours,fujing You need to click on the chart before you use the drawing tool. In this way the Shape and the Chart become one. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "fujing1003" <fujing1003@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171358292.074278.135950@v33g2000cwv...

Move pages from document to document?

Excel devides every number by 100
Even when I open a brand new file. I input a number (ie 5) and get 0.05 back. I have tried doing everything in cell format etc.. anyone have an idea? it is very annoying and adding loads of work to my project. thanks "=?Utf-8?B?a2luZ3M=?=" <kings@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:48A39EFC-2D09-420F-B2DF-6EF5C0DB6109@microsoft.com: > Even when I open a brand new file. I input a number (ie 5) > and get 0.05 back. I have tried doing everything in cell > format etc.. anyone have an idea? it is very annoying and > adding loads of work to my project. > ...

Getting same number to appear over and again
Hi. I'm trying to change the E's I have entered in a column to 1's. However, in lieu of changing them one by one, I would like to do them all in one fell swoop. Any suggestions? John Hi John You could use find and replace. Select all of your data. Goto Edit>Find Find what:- E Replace with:- 1 HTH Martin John Do NOT multipost. See your answer in Excel group. And do a google search for newsgroup etiquette!! John Do NOT multipost. See your answer in Excel group. And do a google search for newsgroup etiquette!! John Do NOT multipost. See your answer in Excel ...

Office 2004 SP 11.1.0 installation problems

RMS and/or PC Charge Problems
We are having some interesting problems with our RMS system and PC Charge: For no apparent reason RMS will have an error message after a card is swiped or keyed into the system: • DENIED (With a wide variety of error messages) • DUPLICATE use F+ to force (even when it is the first transaction) • TIMED OUT Attempted solutions: • Turned modem off and on • Disconnected the modem and plugged everything back in • Turned the server on/off • Called PC Charge only to be told that it is RMS • RMS said it is PC Charge • Confirmed that everything is set up properly in PC Charge and RMS What works:...

Repeat statements "x" number of times...
Hi All, I have the following code at the end of a long macro: Columns("D:D").Find(What:="total").Select ActiveCell.Offset(0, 4).Range("A1").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=Sum(RC[-1]-RC[-2])" ActiveCell.NumberFormat = "0.00" ActiveCell.Font.Bold = True With ActiveCell.Interior .ColorIndex = 6 End With What I am doing is when the word "total" appears, it will go to the cell 4 columns to the right, and then do a formula and format the cell. Question: How can I get this to repeat itself for eac...

Outlook 2003 Signature Problem
I've created a signature with my company logo (.jpg file) using Outlook 2003. When the signature is attached in my email, the photo/icon file shows a box with an 'x' in place of the .jpg file. I checked the location where the files are stored and I found the .jpg file in the proper folder under signatures. Thanks in advance for your help. Mike Tools - options -security tab, click on change automatic download settings. Change to what you want. "Mikeul" <Mikeul@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1132112656.7e1c9b39fdb73a3c7ed44fdbd3e3fbc4@fe5.teranews.com......

Problem in restricting users from sending/receving internet email
I have found a helpful articel here: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html I read it through couple times but I would like to ask some questions before I start the work on our Exchange 2000 server. 1. The "group" I am going to create for adding users into the restricting list, will it be a Security group or Distribution group? What group scope should I give it? 2. Under the section of "Restricting Users from Sending Internet Base Email", the article tells us to create a *new* SMTP connector and add the group into the "Dilivery Restriction" page. Will ...

How do I make a summary page in Excel 2008?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a sheet with all my data (several columns, one of which is &quot;name&quot; and others are things like &quot;address,&quot; &quot;notes,&quot; etc.). Then I have another sheet which is the summary. I want to be able to choose a name from a drop-down list (I figured out how to do that) for the &quot;Name&quot; and have the other fields ('address,&quot; &quot;notes,&quot; etc.) fill in automatically with the information that corresponds to that name. <br><...

Outlook Draft Email Print Problem
I have emails saved in draft but when i go to print them it doesnt show who it is being sent to and the fact it hasnt been sent yet, i have played with the setting but to no avail. I am using outlook 2003 any help would be appriciated. Turn off WordMail before printing the draft (Tools | Options | Mail Format) or wait to print until after you send it. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx <kpmail76@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:...

Outlook 2002 HTML printing problem
Outlook 2002. I cannot print HTML emails. Plain text prints without any problems just HTML will not. Office xp pro is at all latest service packs. Anyone have an idea what may be wrong? ...

sort special text/numbers in format with many dots
Hi I need your help with sorting in Excel! I have mani Text fields with numbers into it. As example: 1 5.1 1.2 10.2.1 1.2.3 2 2.1.5 3 3.2.1.1 3.3.1.1.1 And it should sorted like this 1 1.2 1.2.3 2 2.1.5 3 3.2.1.1 3.3.1.1.1 5.1 10.2.1 How can I sort this like numbers? My problem is, that not all Numbers have the same format as x.x.x.x! And I can't change this Text-Fields to Numbers, because 10.6.1 looks the like 37052 :-( Any suggestions? Thx Marco Hi With your data in column A, insert a blank column at B. In B1 enter =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND(".",A1)),LEFT(A1,FIND(".&q...

How do I format cells to a specific number of digits?
I am trying to format a column so I can enter 5 digits only. It has between 5 and 7 digit numbers in it right now and I need to delete the remaining ones. It is about 350 numbers, so it would be a lot of work to go into each cell and delete the remaning numbers. Is therea way I can format the whole column to allow 5 digits? The same happened with letters. I had codes in it that consisted of numbers and letters and the client only wants the first two letters to remain. How can it be formatted so only 2 characters are allowed to keep me from having to enter each cell separately? Hi form...

MS Office 2007 Enterprise Problem
Hi, Gurus, I am using Windows Vista Business version and have installed the above version of MS office. When I close all three application software, i.e., word, excel, and powerpoint, a same message shows up "Microsoft Office Live Add-in Sign-in has stopped working", and then "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available". Anyone has any idea as to how to correct this? Thanks. Jon Gather all the necessary documentation that you received with the Home Use Program of Office...

Formula Problem #7
Hi there, Can anyone tell me what is wrong with the following formula (it's doing my nut in!): IF([DAY]<>"Y",0,IF(OR((OR((AND((OR([START1]<=7,[START1]<8)),([END1]>7))), (AND((OR([START2]<=7,[START2]<8)),([END2]>7))))),(OR((AND((OR([START3]<=7,[START3]<8)),([END3]>7))), (AND((OR([START4]<=7,[START4]<8)),([END4]>7)))))),1,0) I've replace cell refs with [x..]'s. Many thanks - David It seems that there is a parenthesis missing at the end. Best, Guillermo "Daveo" <writetodaveo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1...