New user requiring help...

Hi There,

I am a relatively new Publisher 2003 user and I have two separate Publisher
documents that I need to incorporate as one document for a report but can't
see how to do it for the life of me! Does anyone know how I can do this? I
assumed that it would be similar to PowerPoint where you can view in 'slide
sorter' and then just drop and drag individual 'slides' / pages into the
other document but I can't see such a facility. Any suggestions would be much
appreciated.
--
Kind regards

Bec
0
BecHanson (1)

Bec Hanson wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> I am a relatively new Publisher 2003 user and I have two separate
> Publisher documents that I need to incorporate as one document for a
> report but can't see how to do it for the life of me! Does anyone
> know how I can do this? I assumed that it would be similar to
> PowerPoint where you can view in 'slide sorter' and then just drop
> and drag individual 'slides' / pages into the other document but I
> can't see such a facility. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
===============================
You can open two instances of Publisher
(one document in each one) and tile them...
then add new pages to the target document
and copy/paste from the other.

Also...the following article may be useful:

Combining Publisher Documents
http://tinyurl.com/2lpj5w

--

       John Inzer
    MS Picture It! -

      Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)

Exchange 2003
After bringing down our last Exchange 5.5 server, removing the ADC, and going to Native Mode we have been getting multiple application event ID 8197's with the following description on one of our Exchange 2003 servers: "Error initializing session for virtual machine SERVERNAME. The error number is 0x8004011d. Make sure Microsoft Exchange Store is running. " Users can no longer access Public Folders on that server but can access they're mailboxes. Luckily most users on that server don't utilize the public folders and the few that do we have since moved to another Ex...

Please help with syntax Object - Range
An easy question for you, I presume. I always get a error message claiming "object missing" and/or "error in range class " etc. when I try to pastespecial. What bloody object is missing??? Is it about something that pastespecial can be a worksheet object OR a range object? I do not understand that exactly. I have tried using "With selection ..PasteSpecial End With approach also with same errors. Any sitting on a clarification that even I understand? You see the code below. Brief: I have something in the clipboard I want to store it on sheet200.Range("BB100&qu...

formula help #34
cell J2 has starting balance of 500,000 cell J3 has running sum from column D column D has both positive and negative entries The running sum in cell J3 is 25% of total entries in column D I need to subtract cell J3 from cell J2 but when I enter too many negative numbers the initial amount goes past 500,000 in J2. How do I keep cell J2 from going past the initial 500,000? Excel 97 SR-1 Thanks, Steve T If you're saying you don't want it to SHOW less than 500,000, then you could use something like: =IF(MYFORMULA<500,000,500,000,MYFORMULA) If you want to be ALERTED when it's ...

help me pls!
I want correct my duplicate data: UniCode Expense subcode code 11011011266 5000 7 11011011269 11011012160 15000 1 11011012160 15000 1 11011012261 0 4 1- by checking "unicode" for duplicate data, 2- by sum "Expense" if "subcode" or "code" are equal ...

Help undoing virus damage
About a week ago I had the "Vista Antivirus 2010" virus on my computer. I was able to get rid of it pretty quickly with AVG, but since then I have been having an annoying (but not debilitating) problem. The Vista Antivirus 2010 appears on your computer pretending to be a new program downloaded through vista updates, and lets you know that you have viruses on your computer. Its main purpose is a financial scam: to remove the viruses you need to pay for the "full version" of the program. To stop you from being able to remove it easily, it makes it so that wheneve...

Assigning Multiple Users to Outlook Tasks
I'm trying to use outlook as a central location for engineering assignments. The trouble we have is that engineers work in teams of two and so the task has to be sent out to both parties with one of them accepting. I've noticed on Outlook that we get no updates on the tasks when they are assigned to multiple users. Is there a way of getting around this? Cheers ...

Help #8
Every number I enter into a cell is automatically divided by 10. Example- If I enter 100 and hit enter, 10 shows up in the cell. Tools/Options/Edit, Uncheck the Fixed Decimal checkbox. In article <014b01c38a2e$5ea44b20$a001280a@phx.gbl>, "Brian" <brian.mcginty@tycohealthcare.com> wrote: > Every number I enter into a cell is automatically divided > by 10. Example- If I enter 100 and hit enter, 10 shows up > in the cell. > ...

Sorting the "New --> More..." menu
Does anyone have a tip on how to sort the items in the "New --> More..." menu? It seems the items are randomly ordered and I believe the order changes from time to time. If the items were in alphabetical order it would be easier for the user to find the item they are looking for, especially when the list has more than just a few entries. Any thoughts? Thanks! ...

"trial user" identity?
Help! In Word and in Entourage my name appears as "trial user." For example, if I print an email message, the header includes "trial user," or if I add a comment to a Word document, the comment is attributed to "trial user." I have registered Office (I have v.X), and in the About panels, my name appears correctly. My name also appears correctly in the system profiler. This is on an old G4 Powerbook with OS 10.2.8. I only have one identity in Entourage, so I'm not sure where to begin here. Thanks. I haven't a clue either, but look in the Entourage address...

Tracking New Tabs in Excel
Hello, I am trying to set up a way to track information in a "tracking tab" for new tabs that I add for quotes on new business. So, we have a basic template that we copy 2-3 times a day to develop new quotes. I want to extract key info from each quote in this tracking tab (date of quote, customer, $ amount, etc.). The problem I have is that each time I add a new tab I need to manually copy my formula down one line in the tracking tab and edit the formulas to link to the new tab. Is there a way to set up the formulas in the tracking tab so that when we add a n...

how to allow the user to enter their search criteria
HI I have wached the video showing me how the user of the DB can enter their own dates to perform a query but I need to know how the user of my database can enter for example their own "Country" or "insitution" so that they can find for example - all students who have went to "Japan" or "Kyoto University". My columns are headed "Country" and "institution" - i tried for example "=[Country]" it worked the first time and allowed the user to enter the country but then it stopped and didn't give a search opti...

Drop List help
Is it possible to create a drop list of all the states that allows you to pick which state you want to enter? I will be using it with the wage entry page I have been working on just to enter in the state that I will be working in Is this for a userform or an embedded object on a worksheet? If it is for an embedded object on a worksheet... here is one scenario. List all the states in a far off column (ie - Column IV) In the cell you want to pick a state select DATA | VALIDATION | ALLOW:= "LIST" | SOURCE:= Range IV1: IV50... This is just an example, but it might get you starte...

How to Move Email, Folders, Addresses to New Computer
I just built a new computer and upgraded to Outlook 2002 from 2000. Is there a way to get my old emails and folders into the new Outlook on the new computer? I have the same question for the address book. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jack Jack <jbruss@wi.rr.com> wrote: > I just built a new computer and upgraded to Outlook 2002 from 2000. > Is there a way to get my old emails and folders into the new Outlook > on the new computer? I have the same question for the address book. http://www.slipstick.com/config/movepst.htm -- Brian Tillman Brian Tillm...

End-User who "recieved" an email from themselves
Hello, I have a user who "recieved" an email from themselves- which was really a spam message. The exchange tracking log states the the suspect email sender as our user with the username@domainname.com address. If I select properties of that sender in tracking, the message ID is 20060526063745.9DABB145B3@mail.domainname.com Our real user is listed as just their username in message tracking, and the message ID properties are: 87DC2EAA1613A34C9FB3A3940CF3A8C91BA382@exchangeserver.domainname The Spam filter states the email originated from outside our network. My questio...

Help needed in BCP and Bulk Insert
We are planning to remove MASSIVE load data from a table and thinking of doing this. 1. Use BCP to move out data to files of ~equal size. Say one weeks data or one months data into a file or something which based on data size we might want to test and decide. [No idea how to do it though!] 2. Truncate the source tbl and drop all indexes 3. Use Bulk Insert to upload the data base with batchsize (10K or 'N'K based on test) 4. Try using TABLOCK hint with Bulklogged recovery mode I can't produce the schema of our original tbl and show sample data so here is a s...

How to limit users views
I have recently set up a database which has a number of users. To prevent any inadvertantly deleting tables etc, I want to limit the users to using / viewing only the forms which navigates then to the relevant section of the database. Simply put I want to stop the tables view when opening the database (I done it in the past and can't remember how...old age is not as much fun as I was told!!!!) Thanks in anticipation. Richard, You should disable the database window in the startup window. Furthermore if possible create an .mde file from the db. Include the bypass feature to make su...

is there a template for system requirements tracking
"RequirementsRob" <RequirementsRob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote <nothing except the subject> Rob, you can feel free to use the big white space underneath the Subject line to ask an intelligible question. One thing that is certainly germane, when you are asking about templates, is what version of Access you are using. It would also be just peachy-keen if you would describe what functionality you desire in "system requirements tracking" -- you can be assured that three-word phrase does not mean the same to everyone who reads it. I've seen some &...

Friends, Help me create a digital signature please.
Hello friends! Can you please help me create a digital signature for all my mails? Thank you. Cheers! Salma J. Khan Not enough information to go on, but if you are trying to find a vendor that offers free personal certificates so you can do s/mime, then see: https://www.thawte.com/secure-email/personal-email-certificates/index.html "Salma J. Khan" <Salma J. Khan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F26FBBC-EC07-4DE7-949A-327B9061F352@microsoft.com... > Hello friends! > > Can you please help me create a digital signature for all my mails? > >...

Help with a checkbook register
I made a checkbook register in Excel and am wondering if there is a wa I can get the ending balance to show only on the last line that has check entered. The way it is now, the ending balance carries down t the end of the whole spreadsheet. The register works for me, but th balance thing is annoying. I don't know enough about the usage of Excel to know whether this is formula or what, let alone even begin to figure out how to search fo this information. Any help would be appreciated. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can use an IF statement to check to se...

Help Writing Reports for MS Access
Hi, I am struggling to generate reports via MS Access for a simple application I am trying to run. I have a table built that has four (4) fields with multiple records: Last Name, First Name, Date, and Currency What I would like to do is generate reports based upon the following criteria: Report based upon each user's contribution with a breakdown of each date. For example a user with the same LastName and FirstName may have made contributions to a fund on multiple dates, thus I would like to have a report generated for each user that has their respective dates and amounts displayed. A...

Menu Help wanted
Does anyone know any ready menu created from scratch without using Cmenu or any other class inherited from it and made in Core C++ Code which can be supplied with my application. Alternately I would like to know how to do the following easily. 1) keeping a Menu item open even on the event of a click 2) Highlighting on the Menu Item 3) Not activating some parts of the menu depending on parameters passed ...

macro help for dates
I have two questions. I have a worksheet that has column A populated with dates in the format of "yyyymmdd". Is there a macro that I can run that will convert only the records in that column with data into the format of say August 5, 2004. Secondly is there a way I can insert a blank line with a macro if say A23 does not equal A24. Thank you. On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 11:53:28 -0500, "Aaron Russell" <arussell@faultlesscaster.com> wrote: >I have two questions. I have a worksheet that has column A populated with >dates in the format of "yyyymmdd". Is...

Help Using OUTLOOK w/Hotmail
I am about to try to help a friend of mine get up and running on his Hotmail account using OUTLOOK. Anything I need to know, or is it pretty straightforward? CDavey Outlook now longer natively supports hotmail unless you subscribe to a service that supports it. refer here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011000051033.aspx a.. Outlook Live b.. MSN Premium c.. MSN Dial-up Can also use Hotmail Plus: http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us&page=hotmail/es&ST=1&xAPID=1983&DI=1402 "C. Davey Utter" <cdutter@spamex.com> wrote in messag...

Populate Hyperlink Automatically
I am working with Access 2003 and Windows XP Professional 2002. Each record in my database is assigned a document number automatically and has a corresponding document. The autonumber is formatted as "A00000" (document 1 is A00001, document 2 is A00002, etc.). The Table has a hyperlink field which I have to manually enter the document hyperlink for each record. I would like the hyperlink to be populated automatically on a Form. I have inserted a picture that I would like to click on to open the document. On the "Click On" event for the Image, I have the below c...

New Release
Just curious, is it ture that they have once again put off releasing a newer version of RMS? -- Thank You,; Vince ...