Need several text box templates

Hi,
Am making a catalog over 80 pages. I love this program.
My concern is with text boxes.
I have a general text box template that is used for each new page. Works fine.
But within that page is another text box or several  that is filled in with
color for emphasis. Not used on all pages but is a "subcategory" text box.
Used as needed.
I need to change the color and realize there is no way to make an
acros-the-board-change. Or is there?
So the first question is:
1) Can I change the format (fill-in) text boxes that are inside a text box
all at once?
2) Can I make a template for a subcategory of text boxes that.
In other words can i have a textbox template#1, textbox template #2, etc?
Thanks!
Regards,
--
Curtis
0

If you have used a color scheme, you can change the colors all at once. Read the
section in the help. It is not too late to do it with this publication...

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Curtis" <Curtis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Am making a catalog over 80 pages. I love this program.
> My concern is with text boxes.
> I have a general text box template that is used for each new page. Works fine.
> But within that page is another text box or several  that is filled in with
> color for emphasis. Not used on all pages but is a "subcategory" text box.
> Used as needed.
> I need to change the color and realize there is no way to make an
> acros-the-board-change. Or is there?
> So the first question is:
> 1) Can I change the format (fill-in) text boxes that are inside a text box
> all at once?
> 2) Can I make a template for a subcategory of text boxes that.
> In other words can i have a textbox template#1, textbox template #2, etc?
> Thanks!
> Regards,
> --
> Curtis

0
gsauer (5093)
11/22/2004 9:50:01 AM
Hi Curtis (Curtis@discussions.microsoft.com),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| Am making a catalog over 80 pages. I love this program.
|| My concern is with text boxes.
|| I have a general text box template that is used for each new page.
|| Works fine. But within that page is another text box or several
|| that is filled in with color for emphasis. Not used on all pages but
|| is a "subcategory" text box. Used as needed.
|| I need to change the color and realize there is no way to make an
|| acros-the-board-change. Or is there?
|| So the first question is:
|| 1) Can I change the format (fill-in) text boxes that are inside a
|| text box all at once?
|| 2) Can I make a template for a subcategory of text boxes that.
|| In other words can i have a textbox template#1, textbox template #2,
|| etc?

In addition to Mary's reply, you can also add preformatted text boxes to
your Design Gallery Object dialog under the My Objects tab.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)
11/22/2004 6:21:21 PM
Hi Bran,
Ok. That was helpful. it'll save me some steps for fururew  text boxes. Tank
ou.
I'm still trying to figure out mary's response though. I did not
conscoiusely  use a color scheme though I must have?  Do i use the paint
briush. Well, i'll try it. <g>
Eat turkey till ya puke.

"Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

> Hi Curtis (Curtis@discussions.microsoft.com),
> in the newsgroups
> you posted:
>
> || Am making a catalog over 80 pages. I love this program.
> || My concern is with text boxes.
> || I have a general text box template that is used for each new page.
> || Works fine. But within that page is another text box or several
> || that is filled in with color for emphasis. Not used on all pages but
> || is a "subcategory" text box. Used as needed.
> || I need to change the color and realize there is no way to make an
> || acros-the-board-change. Or is there?
> || So the first question is:
> || 1) Can I change the format (fill-in) text boxes that are inside a
> || text box all at once?
> || 2) Can I make a template for a subcategory of text boxes that.
> || In other words can i have a textbox template#1, textbox template #2,
> || etc?
>
> In addition to Mary's reply, you can also add preformatted text boxes to
> your Design Gallery Object dialog under the My Objects tab.
> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> http://www.publishermvps.com
> ~pay it forward~

> confers no rights.

0
Curtis (31)

Pop Up Combo Box
I have 3 options in a combo: TS, CT, and MISC Each one of these options has their own pertinent account codes. What I want is the ability to choose one of the options (TS, CT or MISC), and based on that choice, have another combo box pop up with a list of corresponding account codes. If you can help with step-by-step moron-proof instructions, I would be much obliged. This is called "cascading combo boxes". A google search should return plenty of links that will show you how to do it. HTH -- _________ Sean Bailey "natalie" wrote: > I have 3 options in a combo...

Payroll calculator template
What are the tax status numbers on the payroll calculator? Any suggestions on the set up of the calculator? ...

Help needed urgently
Hi, Im trying to check that one row of data satifies a criteria, then if it does it counts an entry in another column adjescent to it. Example: - Column A - Column B Blay - Y Blay - N Blay - Y Chop - N Chop - N High - Y What i would be asking (of a much bigger table) is If Column A = Blaydon and then column B (same row) = Y, then count. In this example I would want 2 returned as the answer. Is this possible? Thanks -- Andy Try one of these... Use cells to hold the criteria: D2 = Blaydon E2 = Y If you're using Excel 2007 or later: =COUNTIFS(A2:A7,...

selected row count of list box
A2k Is there a way to get the selected row count of a list box dynamically as the user selects rows? Delphi has an event called "OnSelectionChanged" but Access is much more limited. I don't want the user to have to exit the list box or click a button or anything manual in order to see the # of rows he's selected. How can this be done? I know about "lstCusts.ItemsSelected.Count" but not sure what event to use it in to accomplish what I need. Thanks, Keith Never mind. I did this and it handles both mouse and keyboard selections: Private Sub lstCusts_AfterUpdat...

Create static text from cell reference

How do I make a chart with several times during a day
Hi, This seems like it may be a simple thing, yet I can not for the life of me figure out how to do this (or at least semi-easily with VBing it for a while). I have a simple table filled with the following information (example for simplicity): 12pm 5pm 10pm 11/20 5 4 7 11/21 5 4 7 11/23 5 4 7 11/24 5 4 7 11/25 5 4 7 So basically I am keeping track of a numeric value three times a day. I would like to make a chart of it with...

template
can anyone provide me a link for a template for salary paying program ...

Text Very Small When Replying
I'm able to change the text size when I'm replying to an email but how does one set the default size? No matter what I ser the font size to when replying it always reverts back to the smallest size when I do another reply. Look, I'm 54! I can't read that small text! James Are you using stationery? Also, Alt + T, Options, Compose,....... -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunne0r.com> wrote in message news:OGt2E1OhKHA.1460@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I'm able to change the text size when I'm replying to an emai...

Extract text from field
If you have a filed that contatins the following data:LastName, FirstNameWhere LastName has varing lengths. Can you run an update query to obtain just the LastName part of the field? If so, what would be the command?Many, many thanks in advance. On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 14:09:45 -0500, "Mary M" <none@no_email.com> wrote:>If you have a filed that contatins the following data:>>LastName, FirstName>>Where LastName has varing lengths. Can you run an update query to obtain >just the LastName part of the field? If so, what would be the command?>>Many, many thanks in...

IF statement based on True/False that activates a certain list box
I've been asked to create a formula that will react to either "yes" or "no" entered into a cell which will show options in another cell based on a certain list. Example: Cells D3:D5 contain the values Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (list named BegWeek) Cells E3:E5 contain the values Thursday, Friday, Saturday (list named EndWeek) Cell A3 accepts either "yes" or "no" entry only from a list If A3 = "Yes" then B3 will = drop down list BegWeek If A3 = "No" then B3 will = drop down list End Week I don't even know if thi...

greyed out auto text
Created custom toolbar in Word with menu, autotext and email button as directed in "Quick sales letters for e-mail" demo video, but when I click email button, new email message appears in Outlook but auto text choices are greyed out???? Any ideas?? ...

I Need an answer for this Formula
I am using excell 2007 & this formula works {=IFERROR(AVERAGE(IF(MOD(COLUMN(G5:HC5)-COLUMN(G5),4)=0,IF(G5:HC5>0,G5:HC5))),0)} When i upload this workbook to a 2003 version this formula does not work I get {=_xinfl.IFERROR(AVERAGE(IF(MOD(COLUMN(G5:HC5)-COLUMN(G5),4)=0,IF(G5:HC5>0,G5:HC5))),0)} or somthing close to this Then in the cell with this formula has a NAME error WHY & HOW could i fix The IFERROR function can only be used in Excel 2007. Try this array formula** : =LOOKUP(1E100,CHOOSE({1,2},0,AVERAGE(IF(MOD(COLUMN(G5:HC5)-COLUMN(G5),4)=0,IF(G5:HC5>0,G5:HC5)))...

insert text to different pages and update
Is there a way to insert a text cell from one page put into another page and when the first page cell is updated the second page cell will also be updated. Using the = sign just displays the formula, not the text. :confused: Thanks Frank -- fwburkey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ fwburkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30314 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=505331 Not clear what you are doing wrong. the formula should look lik =Sheet1!A1 Make sure there is noth...

how can I draw a box and whisker plot in excel 2002?
I have some data, and have worked out the minimum value, the 1st and 3rd quartiles, the median and the maximum, but need to find out how to put this together in a box and whisker plot See http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BoxWhiskerH.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "andywilson" <andywilson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:269E939E-6FC6-4993-BD6E-54ACE14141EB@microsoft.com... >I have some data, and have worked out the minimum value, the 1st and 3rd > quartiles, the median and the maximum, but ...

Need to show file properties dialog box
Hello I need to show the shell's file properties dialog box. I tried converting old vb6 code into vb.net but it gives me error. Here's my code: Private Structure SHELLEXECUTEINFO Dim cbSize As Long Dim fMask As Long Dim hwnd As Long Dim lpVerb As String Dim lpFile As String Dim lpParameters As String Dim lpDirectory As String Dim nShow As Long Dim hInstApp As Long Dim lpIDList As Long Dim lpClass As String Dim hkeyClass As Long Dim dwHotKey As Long D...

Cursor on new message window but no text appears when typed?
When using Outlook 2003 for sending new e-mail, I'm unable to type text into the message body. The cursor appears but no text shows. Text appears when I use Word 2003 to send my new e-mail message. It is more convenient for me to use Outlook. Help. ...

Text Box & Border Art
New Publisher 2003 user and getting quickly frustrated. I have setup a custom page size of 6.5" x 4.5" under Page Setup/Print Settings. I then created a text box of the same size, and filled it with the text I wanted. I then want to add a border to this text box. So, I right click on the text box, and choose Border Art under the Colors and Lines tab, and select the border "Twisted Lines" and hit apply. All is good. Now comes the trouble. I hit print preview and about 1/8" around the entire page is cutoff. All the margins are set to 0". I'm at a ...

How to delete stuck file from "All Junk e-mail" Box ?
How to delete stuck file from "All Junk e-mail" Box ? I'm using WLM on Win7. Thanks for any help. "Jdr" <omni@msn.net> wrote in message news:C2919371-6A82-4478-A411-8FEB13F66B41@microsoft.com... > How to delete stuck file from "All Junk e-mail" Box ? > I'm using WLM on Win7. Thanks for any help. try dragging it to the deleted folder. "c.d." <invalid@iglou.com> wrote in message news:es$OnIzzKHA.4384@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > > "Jdr" <omni@msn.net> wrote in message > news:C29193...

How do I copy a templated business card?
I am using MS Word/Office 2007. Still not used to it. I have found a card style in the templates section, and edited one to suit my business.. My problem is the other 11 on the page are still showing as the original template. Copying and pasting is not working. How do I get all of the cards on the page to reflect the business card I made? Thanks for your help! Use the macro that you will find at the end of http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><&...