Need online Publisher 2003 tutorial with animation/audio

Several weeks ago, I discovered an animated Publisher 2003 tutorial with
audio, but I can't find it again.  I thought I accessed it from the Microsoft
Office page but am unable to find a link.

Martha in Hawaii <MarthainHawaii@discussions.microsoft.com> was very
recently heard to utter:
> Several weeks ago, I discovered an animated Publisher 2003 tutorial
> with audio, but I can't find it again.  I thought I accessed it from
> the Microsoft Office page but am unable to find a link.

Please see Mary's response (posted 7 minutes before your post) to your

Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)

Bought Pub 2003 now it won't open my Pub 2003 file
I just bought Publisher 2003 yesterday. I spent 3 hours creating a project. I tried to laod the saved project and got the message "Publisher can not open file. I tried open pun 97 files with the same result. I've used Publisher 2.0, 97 for years. What am I missing? Most likely you are running Norton Anti-Virus. Norton AV can actually break a Publisher file rendering it unusable. You need to disable script-blocking and possibly the Office plug-in components of Norton AV. Refer to http://www.davidbartosik.com/pub2002/pub2002_issues.htm -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help...

How i change headers in different sections Microsoft Publisher 20.
I am trying to make a school newspaper using the Microsoft Publisher 2007. Anad i heed to have different headers in different sections, i cannot do that. The newspaper is going to be about 32 pages. Are you using one of the templates? What template? What happens when you try to change the headers? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Vasso" <Vasso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0F7FA6B-21AB-4C28-A191-2B4742E63FCA@microsoft.com... >I am trying to make a school newspaper using the Mi...

Excel 2003 not understanding Access 2003 "like"
I have a number of Access queries linked and displayed in an Excel workbook by way of Data, Import External Data, Import Data. Some of the criteria and select statements in the queries use the keyword "Like" (e.g. Like "*Smith" to pull up all names ending in "Smith"). These statements seem to be completely ignored by Excel so that records I should see are not appearing in the workbook. This worked fine in versions 97 (from which we've just upgraded) so is this a version 2003 bug? If so, is there a fix? ...

Change 2007 excel Autofilter back to 2003?
Does anyone know if there is a way to change excel's 2007 autofilter functionality back to like excel 2003 autoflilter use to work? I need to quickly bring up like values and compare other columns based upon the filtered values and the extra clicking of the check boxes is driving me nuts! If it helps any (and if you haven't thought about it yet), you can click the "(Select All)" entry twice to remove your current selections. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "jonnybrovo815" <jonnybrovo815@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36837406-1...

Are online updates available in M+ trial version?
I'm having difficulties getting online updates with the MD+ trial version. Can anyone tell me if this feature is 'unlocked' in the trial software? Thanks. LT In microsoft.public.money, news.east.cox.net wrote: >I'm having difficulties getting online updates with the MD+ trial version. >Can anyone tell me if this feature is 'unlocked' in the trial software? It is not locked. If running Vista, be sure that your Money and backup files are moved to a spot that you will have full privileges to, such as within the user's Documents folder. Check that the ...

Need help with a function
Hi I'm sorry but I'm not too much familiar with Excel. I have some listing in column A For example in A1 I have: D:\blabla\folder1\file1.xxx in A2 I have: D:\blabla\folder2\file2.xxx in A3 I have: D:\blabla\folder3\file3.xxx I want the word between the 2nd and 3rd '\' to be in color red. So in A1 folder1 should be in red, in A2 folder2 in red etc I could do it manually but there are like 3000 lines. It would take forever. Is this simple to achieve with a script/macro/? ? I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance. Christophe Presumably you want to pick that value o...

PUBLISHER
I have duplicated HUNDREDS OF PAGES of this 27 page publisher document - then deleted & recopied. Now, it says CANNOT COMPLETE OPERATION. I'm pannicked! Because i really need to understand why. HELP! What do you mean you duplicated hundreds of pages of a 27 page document? You've created duplicate pages? What operation can Publisher not complete? Sounds like you've corrupted the file (and the question). You may have to re-state this question. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "Mark Mera" <Mar...

How many actual users in Exchange 2003?
How can I find out how many users I have on Exchange 2003? In 5.5 I could go to the recipients folder in the Exchange Admin program and it would tell me how many. I know that Exchange 2003 uses Active Directory but I still can not find an exact way to tell me how many mailboxes I have. We want to make sure we are not exceeding our license and will buy more if needed. In Exchange System Manager browse down to your Mailbox Store (under your Server object and Storage Group) and go to Mailboxes and see on your right hand side. If you have more than one mailbox store, check each one. --...

Publisher calendars #2
I'd like to know how to put the "Sunday" column at the far left This is determined by your regional settings in the control panel. A workaround, find a year where Sunday falls on your calendar start day and change the week headings. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "arriputter" <arriputter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFA42774-09A1-4A61-AEC0-0E61C45B6975@microsoft.com... > I'd like to know how to put the "Sunday" column at the far left ...

publishing images with Excel workbook
I have created an workbook with Excel and put a photo on the first page. when I publish the workbook as an web page (interactivity) my photo is missing. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? I have try everything I know to do = insert picture, putting copying photo to clipboard and shift, pasta picture and still logo is missing. Lee ...

Subform
I'm trying to add a subform to a form that I had already created. The subform is based off the field for the Patient Visit Date. Each patient may have multiple visit dates, so I added the subform to be able to capture multiple values for the same patient, but whenever I try to enter more than one date I get an error message that says "You can't assign a value to this object. * The object may be a control on a read-only form * The object may be on a form that is open in design view * The value may be too large for this field." I was hoping that when I enter...

Published 2000 pictures make file sizes too big
I have scanned pictures using Microsoft Photo/Draw. The pictures are around 250 KB but when I put them in my Published document, the file grows to 14,000KB. I can't email them or save them on a floppy. How can I get this file size down You may have to convert the file to a pdf format. Publisher just make humongous files. You have several choices when it comes to a pdf converter program from freebees to Adobe Acrobat. The later is on the spendy side and the freebees may disappoint you. My choice after comparing 5 pdf converter programs was PDF-XChange, a very nice commercial produc...

Frontpage 2003 network link
Question: for the life of me I can't remember how to create a network link to my website so I can open it directly in Frontpage. Meaning... If I want to edit my webpage in frontpage 2003 directly instead of using my local copy of the website. How do I create a link on my computer and put it on my desktop? I, know this is probably an easy thing for you "brainies" but I can't remember how to do it. Please assist. There are two ways: Open FrontPage and use File->Recent Sites This option will keep the last four websites opened. Opening the website in FrontPage ...

Can publisher 2003 be installed on 2 computers?
I have a office computer and home computer. I will be purchasing Publisher 2003, but can I install them on both of my computers? campfig wrote: > I have a office computer and home computer. I will be purchasing > Publisher 2003, but can I install them on both of my computers? Technically, Publisher 2003 can be installed on a desktop and a mobile computer (ie laptop). When you go to activate your second computer it just depends on whether or not you tell them it's a laptop. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com Windows Marketplace Moderator This...

Chart drawing problem in Excel 2003
Over the last few months I have had the same problem in excel with all charts where I've used a two colour fill effect for either a data series or background. When I use this feature the entire chart is only viewable in black and white and excel takes a long time to actually draw the chart. However if I print the chart or even copy and paste into excel all the colours are as they should be. The mpeg moving shows how excel draws an example chart when the chart sheet is activated http://www.paperlessbooks.co.uk/barchart_example.avi and to see how excel prints to pdf see the pdf belo...

Can't get Publisher to give "send as message" as an email option
We use Windows live Mail which won't work with publisher. So for the purposes of sending out an email I changed the default program to Windows mail But, under the option "send email" only the send as attachment option appears. I have changed the default program in Vista to use windows mail. Help ...

Exchange Eval 2003
Is there a way to tell when the Eval copy of Exchange 2003 is going to Expire? Thanks Roger Crawford HTS On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 17:34:18 -0600, Roger Crawford wrote: > Is there a way to tell when the Eval copy of Exchange 2003 is going to > Expire? Thanks Add 120 days to the installation date, if you're unsure when Exchange actually was installed, check the "Exchange Server Setup Progress.log" file typically found on your C: drive. Regards -- Henrik Walther http://exchange-faq.dk ...

I'm looking for a way to search for any sent messages that are over 90 days of age. I'm able to manually create the criteria: Search in: 'Sent Items', where item is 'Sent on or before' and a manually entered date but can't seem to find a automatic way for the 'Value'. Online help gives no reference on how to create a condition of 'Over xx Days'. ...

Printing the contacts in Exchange OWA 2000 or 2003
Is there any way to cleanly print out all the contacts in OWA Exchange 2000 or 2003? You can print a mailbox's contacts from Outlook. As far as contact objects in the domain/enterprise, you'll probably need to script somethign to extract the data adn then you could format it with Word. -- -- Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us Http://www.briandesmond.com "Srfrdrew" <Srfrdrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07829507-865A-4F36-89B9-163D5034208E@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to cleanly print out all the contact...

Outlook 2003 get rid of double space in Comments?
I cut and paste information from emails into Outlook Calendar comments. But sometimes it ends up double spaced on some lines (i.e. blank lines between lines). How can you get rid of this, there doesn't seem to be anyway from the FONTS screen. ...

Macro needed to update a spreadsheet
Hi, Group Basically, I had a query and a worsheet. The query namely “Updated” has 8 columns, while the other worksheet “Live” has 16 columns (8 of them are same with “Update”, rest are different). However, both of them have a same indicate column “Equipment ID”. What I need is to use the “Updated” query to update the “Live” one. That is whenever, there’s a change in the “Equipment ID” of “Update” I need the changes .including all other 8 columns, to be reflected on the “Live” sheet, no matter it’s an addition, deletion or just change of value. Did I make myself clear? Thanks Not entirel...

Communication between outlook and exchange 2003
Could some one please tell me or point me to a site where I'll be able to find out how does outlook communicate with exchange over a normal private network. I've installed 2 pc's with Server 2003 Enterprise. The one as DC and the other as a stand alone server with Exchange 2003 the way it's described in the Sybex book "Mastering Exchange 2003 Server", but I've been having problems connecting outlook to exchange. The message that I get is "The name could not be resolved. The action could not be completed". When I press the check name. I've rein...

Replacing Exchange 2003 Hardware
Gang: I am about to embark on a project to replace my old dual P2 Exchange 2003 server with a new dual xeon Exchange 2003 server. I want to keep the same computer name, and I am in a single server environment, so I want to follow the instructions here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822945&Product=exch2003 I have a few questions, though, that hopefully someone will be able to answer. 1) The new server is Windows 2003 Enterprise (8 GB RAM) and the old one is Windows 203 Standard (1 GB RAM). Does this matter? The instructions say the OS has to be the same, and...

Outlook XP / Outlook 2003 problems...with Exchange 2003
Hi! I have the same problem in both applications (outlook XP/2003 beta). I have two E-mail accounts. 1. is an exchange account (current set as default) 2. a private email account when I send internal mails (in the office) outlook use the exchange server...as I set (that is OK!). but when I will send an external email (for example to bill@microsoft.com ;) ) Outlook use also the exchange server to send the email and I get an error message. The only possibility to send external mails is for me to set the email account by hand for every outgoing mail. The proble doesn't exist with outl...

How do I link pictures in visio 2003?
I have a diagram of a room. I want to link blocks (squares with the name of a specific rack) to a diagram of that specific rack? If the rack diagrams are in different files than the room diagram, you could use hyperlinks. If all the diagrams are in the same file, you can use either hyperlinks or set the double-click behavior to jump to a specific page. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Ron" <Ron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:599AE588-8640-4D5C-B66C-7001D92FD5A...