need help working in publisher 07

when i open a blank document it looks very squatty...the measurements are
bigger across the top of the page and narrower along the sides of the page,
even tho both are in inches.
0
Rebecca (144)

Do you mean your page is landscape instead of portrait?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"rebecca" <rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when i open a blank document it looks very squatty...the measurements are
> bigger across the top of the page and narrower along the sides of the
> page,
> even tho both are in inches.

0
jl_paules (2769)
5/23/2009 2:11:42 PM
rebecca wrote:
> when i open a blank document it looks very squatty...the measurements
> are bigger across the top of the page and narrower along the sides of
> the page, even tho both are in inches.
Is it just the rulers or do images look squashed also?

Maybe your screen resolution needs to be adjusted.

--

      J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie1 (130)

default appointment times problems
When i re-open outlook and go to the calender, all the appointments times have changed to 1am on the start day - 1am on the day after it waqs meant to finish. So a 12 day appointment is now shown as over 2 days. How do you change the default appointment time settings so an appointment which is just typed into the day is from 9am - 5pm for example and will stay as a 1 day event when opening and closing outlook? All day events are 12 -12, not 9-5. If you want it 9-5, you need to make it for 9-5. All day appointment change to 1 -1 if you change the time zone or DST settings aft...

Publisher 2000 file keeps closing when I try to work in upper lef.
Every time I try to open a text box, insert a picture or resize anything in the upper left hand portion of page 1 on my 4-page publication, the program closes and Microsoft Error Reporting comes up. This happened to me in another document, so i started all over again in this new one. Any ideas? I have installed all my applicable updates... Any chance you'd send it to me to take a look at it? If so, send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Amy~Lynne" <Amy~Lynne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89E12002-...

Help with functions
If I have the following formula in a worksheet to bring up a message box =IF((F4-E4)>=10,Amend()+F4-E4,F4-E4) How can I use a function to transfer some information from different cells to a new worksheet if the formula above works? You can't have a function transfer information to another cell, it will return it's info in the cell where it's located, you would need a formula(s) in the cells where you want this information. Otherwise you would need VBA Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Monty" wrote: > If I have the following formula in a worksheet to bring up a me...

Help from Dave Peterson
Dave, Please see thread headed "Copying multiple sheets from one book 2 another and undertake special " dated 2/8/05. I have added some more text in there as I have finally got round to doing it and have experienced some problems. My name shows up as "Ann" rather than Pank as my good lady has been using my account. Thanks ...

HELP!!!!!!!!
I am getting alot of spam sent to my domain that does not have an actual email address. The problem is that the server then tries to send a message to the sender (who is bogus) with a delivery failure. My ISP has since shut down may mail once already. How can i stop the server from responding to mail coming in with incorrect adresses. I am using exchange 2k3 and windows enterprise edition 2k3. I am new to exchange and still in the process of learning it. Any help would really be appreciated. Are the SMTP addresses incorrect or are they blank? You can configure Exchange's Sender F...

multiple outlets centralized Inventory needs POS solution
One of our customer has multiple outlets. Selling is conducted through the outlets. they have a centralized warehouse. A POS solution is required Contact your local RMS dealer he can help. Store ops in each location then HQ in warehouse. "Haresh_ahuja" <Haresh_ahuja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21B3A81A-2CDC-42A0-9327-9722661FAA41@microsoft.com... > One of our customer has multiple outlets. Selling is conducted through the > outlets. they have a centralized warehouse. A POS solution is required Haresh, You need a HQ for the warehouse and store op...

Shared use of excel work books
Hi, Can anyone tell me "if I have an excel workbook (with multiple worksheets that report to the first worksheet) on a shared drive whether it can be set up for multiple users to access it and use it at the same time?" These users will be accessing their single worksheet to update it periodically with the first worksheet being the project leaders sheet where he gets to see all the other worksheets on his one sheet. -- Ian Hi Ian, You can do this by selcting "shareworkbook" from the tools menu and checking the 'allow changes by more than one use'. Beware th...

Help please, can't start up!!
When I start the PC, after the loading bar for Microsoft thing finishes,instead of going to login screen it gives me a blue screen, and it says Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area. This just happened overnight!!!! Help please. :( -- Excessive Here are some hints ( 'Bug Check 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA' (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms793437.aspx) ). Try starting the system in safe mode (keep tapping F8 after power-on). -- whs Additional info: - I use Spyware Doctor scan every few days - I left my computer on for the night like always,and ...

Out of office assistant not working for external senders...
Hi there, ive seen some one else with this problem on here, but with no responce, so i thoiught id psot again. Basically were using outlook 200o with #exchange 5.5 on NT 4. We've set up an out of office assistant for a few accounts however it only wants to reply to people inside the network, anyone that sends an email from an external email address, it wont reply to. How do i change this?? Im guessing it maybe on exchange problem? Again any help, greatly appreciated! Cheers, tim (Cheeko) OK, ive worked it out myself, heres the answer for everyone else! In order to get Out ...

help need to match a string
Hi everyone Hope someone have a solution for me. I have a table with product name and price in column a & b in sheet1 I have the formula in sheet2 where I input the product name in A1 an it search the product and give me the price. =VLOOKUP($A$1,Sheet1!$A$1:$B$1377,2,0). It works ok. Here my problem: I have a product name called "HK-2859 plus" and I need this product t be identified if I enter any portion of this product ("HK" or "2859" o "plus"....). appreciate your help Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi one way: Use t...

Please help me solve my problem
Hi, I Have a cell say a1 that has a continuously changing number it in and I want to track the highest number that it prints, and the same for the lowest number in cell a2. I would like these results to show up in the cells below them Im very new to programming and your help would be much appreciated many thanks Sacha David On Mar 5, 1:01=A0pm, Sacha David <sach1...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Hi, =A0I Have a cell say a1 that has a continuously changing number it > in and I want to track the highest number that it prints, =A0and the > same for the lowest number i...

Help needed with the last hurdle on this project
Hi I've finally reached the limits of my Excel knowledge (what littl there was) and need some help to complete my project. What's missing now is some automation to make what I need to do a lo more user friendly. My problem (for anyone generous enough to tackle it) is posted below. It's a lot of text but it's the most concise way of explaining what want to be able to do. I've attached a file with the Excel work as far as I have been able t do. Thanks to anyone who gives this a crack - it's very much appreciated. Martin PART 1 Take the data from Column A and Co...

send/receive not working properly
Whenever I click the send/receive all button in Outlook XP (2002). I get an error saying "The Operation Failed". This also happens when I try to access the Send/Receive section of the Mail Options under tools. I have tried everything a google search has offered as a solution (Office SP3, unistall/reinstall, deleting the outcmd.dat file, etc, etc. Is there anyone out there that knows what could be causing this. It did not happen until I installed a trial version of Office 2003 and decided that I could just stick with Office XP (2002) for the time being and reverted back to it. ...

SBS 2k and Exchange 2k Help
Hi All I'm having a problem with Exhange 2000. I support an office of about 5 people, and they are running SBS2000 with Exchange 2000, during the past couple of days they haven't been able to send/receive e-mail, and they haven't been able to browse the internet. I initially thought the server was being used for Relaying, however the queues are not very high (about 14 e-mails) and the Telnet tests suggest it can't be used for relaying. When I got there last night the server was fine and after a quick re-boot I sent numerous e-mails to my home account which I received, and I...

Access 2007 03-15-07
Hi,Back-end database is located at server. There are 10 clients with 10front-end databases. I want to restrict clients to reach form and reportdesigns and their codes. How can I do it in Access 2007 ?Thx for help! I believe this answer is covered in your previous posted titled "Restricting Front-ends".-- David CongerSoftware Development Engineer in TestMicrosoft Office Access** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. **"Art Vandaley" <kestafir@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e$ixVG0ZHHA.4420@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...> ...

[Help] OnPaint Skipped?
I have an CTestWnd defined as follow class CTestWnd : public CWnd { DECLARE_DYNAMIC(CTestWnd) public: CTestWnd(); virtual ~CTestWnd(); protected: DECLARE_MESSAGE_MAP() public: afx_msg void OnPaint(); }; and i create an instance of CTestWnd as a child window of hWndParent LPCTSTR lpClassName; lpClassName=AfxRegisterWndClass(CS_VREDRAW | CS_HREDRAW |CS_GLOBALCLASS, ::LoadCursor(NULL, IDC_ARROW),(HBRUSH) ::GetStockObject(WHITE_BRUSH), ::LoadIcon(NULL, IDI_APPLICATION)); RECT rect; ::GetClientRect(hWndParent, &rect); m_Wnd.CreateEx(NULL,lpClassName, _T("TEST"...

deleting pages in publisher 2002
When deleting p.5 (or any page) of my 19 page document, last page deletes instead! What's happening here? How can I delete my page? I'm using "edit" delete page. Also, I am not in Master Page mode. K. On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:39:35 +0000, KLeDrew wrote (in article <CA87F080-CAF5-4A38-956C-FDF8896CA92A@microsoft.com>): > When deleting p.5 (or any page) of my 19 page document, last page deletes > instead! What's happening here? How can I delete my page? I'm using "edit" > delete page. Also, I am not in Master Page mode. > > ...

Excel Services Publish
I have a 64 bit client (Windows Server 2008) and my colleague has Windows 7 64 bit client. We are trying to publish an Excel 2007 document to MOSS, which is running under https, and is sitting on a 64 bit operating system. We keep getting the "File Not Saved" error when we try to publish from our clients. However, a 3rd colleague has Windows XP 32 bit and can publish the same exact Excel files just fine up to the very same MOSS location we tried on the 64 bit clients. Can someone from MSFT confirm that this is an issue with 64 bit clients? Can you present a solut...

VBA Help #4
Hi, I have a list of clients with their associated outstanding dollar amount and their return (%). I would like to know if there is code that would allow me to break up these clients by return (%) groupings. For example, I would like to group below 10%, 10% to 17%, and above 17%. So at the client on the list that is just before 10% I would like to add two rows and put a dollar subtotal in the immediate row and sum the dollar amounts. Can anyone help? Thanks, Marino Public Sub ProcessData() Const TEST_COLUMN As String = "A" '<=== change to suit Dim i As Long Dim LastR...

We would love To Help You With Your Microsoft Dynamics GP Issues
If you are having issues with Microsoft Dynamics GP- reports, need training, upgrades, ongoing support, or anything of the such- please feel free to email us at mtatum@integritymbs.com, or call us at 888.869.4090 ext 705. We would love to assist you. We provide install, implementation, ongoing services, training, customization, report writing, troubleshooting and much more. ...

Nightmare Bug. !! Plz Help
hi all at once when i try to edit or open some forms i got such error msg "There isn't enough memory to perfrom this operation. close unneeded programs and try the operation again." I have 1GB Ram so it is sure silly msg !! what to do thanks plz help -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200802/1 What version of Access are we talking about here? By any chance does this involve moving from one version to another? -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2...

How do i get into Publisher in Microsoft XP (new computer, sorry)
Just got a fancy new computer and am used to using Microsoft 2000. Often use Publisher but can't seem to find it on XP. Any answers please be gentle not great on computers Publisher doesn't come with the OS if that's what you mean by XP. If your new computer came with a Office 2003 you "may" have Publisher on the machine depending on which version of Office. "Rowan" <Rowan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AD224EF-4D1C-491B-A563-150A475B52F0@microsoft.com... | Just got a fancy new computer and am used to using Microsoft 2000. Ofte...

asp programmer needed...
Looking for an ASP/SQL programmer to interface RMS to Shopping cart Comersus... email me bh@mvdsl.com Brent, That is just the type of work my company specializes in. If you have any questions or would like more information please give us a call at 320-230-2282. -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises 1-888-267-RITE http://www.rite.us "Brent" <sagemaster@mvdsl.com> wrote in message news:eoDecMSNHHA.4244@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Looking for an ASP/SQL programmer to interface RMS to Shopping cart > Comersus... > &...

Postcallout not working on seperate SQL server?
Hi I have developed a post call out using C#. It works 100% perfectly when it deploed on a single server deployment. i.e CRM 1.2, Exchange, MSSQL-2000, Window 2003 SBS, all on one Machine. When I tried to deploy SAME postcall out dll in a separate SQL server which runs on Windows 2003 Standard server and CRM server is separately running on Virtual server(Pointing to above SQL database), Post call out does not fire up! I have properly registred Postcall out on SQL CRM Metabase and com component is registred with no error on seperate sql server machine. I am using following components on C# p...

WordArt from Publisher 2000 file ti Publisher 2003
I have two files created in Publisher 2000 - when opened in Publisher 2003 the size of the WordArt is totall skewed - most much larger than in the original document. This is the second document this has happened on - is there something I'm missing? I thought I could go from 2000 to 2003, just not the other way around? The WordArt in 2003 and 2000 are very different. You can download the old WordArt utility and use it with 2003. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?productID=&freetext=wordart&DisplayLang=en -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://...