Need help saving a file!

Well let me start off by saying that I feel lost using the Office 97
programs!  I had to make a new resume so I got myself a template off of the
site here. It opened up in publisher so that's where I created my resume.
I've put a lot of time into it and now realize that I think I made a huge
mistake!  How the heck do I save it as a more "acceptable" file without
screwing up the format??? (for uploading as an attachment)  Or is that just
not possible?  I've tried saving it as a word document, but like I said,
screws up the whole format.  I'm really lost, don't know what to do!  Thanks
in advance.
0
Kristina (22)

Unfortunately Publisher is not the best choice for creating a resume that
you intend to send out in electronic format. Most businesses want a Word
doc.

You can try a copy and paste but I would't be surprised if you end up fixing
something up.

Also, I'm not sure if you meant Office 97 or 2007. If it's the latter, make
sure you save that Word doc as a 97-2003 format, not 2007 format.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Kristina" <Kristina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Well let me start off by saying that I feel lost using the Office 97
> programs!  I had to make a new resume so I got myself a template off of
> the
> site here. It opened up in publisher so that's where I created my resume.
> I've put a lot of time into it and now realize that I think I made a huge
> mistake!  How the heck do I save it as a more "acceptable" file without
> screwing up the format??? (for uploading as an attachment)  Or is that
> just
> not possible?  I've tried saving it as a word document, but like I said,
> screws up the whole format.  I'm really lost, don't know what to do!
> Thanks
> in advance.

0
jl_paules (2768)
3/5/2008 9:56:49 PM
Thanks for the response!  Guess I have some more work ahead of me now.  What
a pain in the butt! haha.  So when I save it in Word 2007 then I need to make
sure to choose the 97-2003 format, correct?  Thanks again.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> Unfortunately Publisher is not the best choice for creating a resume that
> you intend to send out in electronic format. Most businesses want a Word
> doc.
>
> You can try a copy and paste but I would't be surprised if you end up fixing
> something up.
>
> Also, I'm not sure if you meant Office 97 or 2007. If it's the latter, make
> sure you save that Word doc as a 97-2003 format, not 2007 format.
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>

> "Kristina" <Kristina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Well let me start off by saying that I feel lost using the Office 97
> > programs!  I had to make a new resume so I got myself a template off of
> > the
> > site here. It opened up in publisher so that's where I created my resume.
> > I've put a lot of time into it and now realize that I think I made a huge
> > mistake!  How the heck do I save it as a more "acceptable" file without
> > screwing up the format??? (for uploading as an attachment)  Or is that
> > just
> > not possible?  I've tried saving it as a word document, but like I said,
> > screws up the whole format.  I'm really lost, don't know what to do!
> > Thanks
> > in advance.

0
Kristina (22)
3/5/2008 10:13:00 PM
Yes. A lot of companies haven't switched to the new format yet. Don't shoot
yoursef in the foot.

--

> Thanks for the response!  Guess I have some more work ahead of me now.
> What
> a pain in the butt! haha.  So when I save it in Word 2007 then I need to
> make
> sure to choose the 97-2003 format, correct?  Thanks again.
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately Publisher is not the best choice for creating a resume that
>> you intend to send out in electronic format. Most businesses want a Word
>> doc.
>>
>> You can try a copy and paste but I would't be surprised if you end up
>> fixing
>> something up.
>>
>> Also, I'm not sure if you meant Office 97 or 2007. If it's the latter,
>> make
>> sure you save that Word doc as a 97-2003 format, not 2007 format.
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>>

>> "Kristina" <Kristina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Well let me start off by saying that I feel lost using the Office 97
>> > programs!  I had to make a new resume so I got myself a template off of
>> > the
>> > site here. It opened up in publisher so that's where I created my
>> > resume.
>> > I've put a lot of time into it and now realize that I think I made a
>> > huge
>> > mistake!  How the heck do I save it as a more "acceptable" file without
>> > screwing up the format??? (for uploading as an attachment)  Or is that
>> > just
>> > not possible?  I've tried saving it as a word document, but like I
>> > said,
>> > screws up the whole format.  I'm really lost, don't know what to do!
>> > Thanks
>> > in advance.

0
jl_paules (2768)

Help with formula #31
I'm sure there is a way to modify this formula but have no idea.I'd like for it to do this: =IF(A30="","",SUM(C3:C25)*ROUNDUP(Worksheet2!G3/G1,0)) which is fine. But if Worksheet2!G3 has more than whats in G1 then MINUS Sum(C3:C12) to the above formula. Example: Worksheet2!G3 has the total Qty. Sheet1 has a number in it (25) For every 25 this formula is dividing Worksheet2!G3 by 25. I want it to divide only once, then Do formula Minus Sum(C3:C12) as many times as G1 will go into it. Thanks in advance!!! ...

XML Source Menu Item disabled?? File version??
My XML Source Menu Item is disabled (aka greyed-out). Why? I have a workbook with multi-worksheets and I want to enable a conversion to XML, I'm trying to follow the documentation here, but it's poorly organized and more poorly written (IMHO).. I can't find anything which tells me why the menu item would be disabled. The version is Office 2003 Pro and (clearly) the capability is there, I can see the "XML Source" item. I did a quick test and if I make a brand new file, I have the XML Source option so that means means this is a file version issue?. I know this wo...

Help filling in form from 2 different tables
I have two tables, CustomerData and EmployeeData. CustomerData has all the address, phn, name, empid# of last employee to help em and custid (primary key) and employeedata has name addr phn and empid (primarykey) I have a combo box that pulls up custdata (by Custid sorting by Lastname & ", " & Firstname) I wanna do an Afterupdate event to fill out the following textboxes (based on the Custid it fills out the Lastname, Firstname, Address, Phnnumber) and then based on the Empid of the last Employee that helped em it will fill out the textboxes witht he first and last na...

Need "Bold Fonts" on some folders in the "All Mail Folders".
In the "ALL Mail Folders" above the Navigation Pane I would like to make the Folder Names to be BOLD and hane the sub-folders normal. I have several Folders that I keep expanded and having the Main Folders in Bold Fonts would help the folder I am looking for "Jump Out". Can anyone Help? Nope, Outlook doesn't support that. Keith wrote: > In the "ALL Mail Folders" above the Navigation Pane I would like to make the > Folder Names to be BOLD and hane the sub-folders normal. I have several > Folders that I keep expanded and having the ...

oversized inbox - inbox repair tool
Greetings, Basics - my inbox had grown to almost 2.2Gig without me being aware of the 2 gig limit. I am aware of the Oversized PST Crop Tool, and have tried that with one copy of my pst file. Problem is it mostly eliminates the most recent information. In my case about 4 months of emails, and the contents of my address book and calendar. Is there another tool that can crop the file in a way that would eliminate older material (I have older backups), and leave the newest. Help! thanks -art Seems we've had the same kind of day today, Art. I'm dealing with the same prob...

Problem Importing a TXT File
I have a workbook named 05-03-31. It contains information for the first quarter of this year. Sheet 1 references cells on Sheet 2. Sheet 2 was created by importing a TXT file. I thought I had accomplished something wonderful at that time. I now have a new TXT file with second quarter data. I opened the first quarter workbook, 05-03-31 and saved it as 05-06-30, so now I have a second quarter workbook. When I Import the second quarter TXT file into the second quarter workbook it creates a Sheet 3. On Sheet 1 can I globally change all the references to Sheet 2 to Sheet 3? I tried deleting Sheet 2...

Excel 2003
Hi all Excel Gurus, I need help. I have an excel workbook with a sheet called template and i want to create a button to copy a selection of data which is B9:B34 and i need it to paste the information to another excel workbook with a sheet called data which will be A:AA and add each row when pressed. When the data has been copied over i need it to close the data sheet. Can someone help me please? When you copy a range of cells you only have to specify in the destination l;ocation the 1st cell of the range like I did below. Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() FName ...

Help please
Hi everybody, what can be the reason why for some crm users in our domain, the incoming replies originating from crm contacts are populated as an activity but for some others they are not (eventhough replies come to their outlook inbox folder). Am I missing something in terms of user rights for that users? Any help will be appreciated! Thanks Have all the users had the CRMEMailEnable setting added to their profile in AD? -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Isil" <Isil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A86BDB4-F184-45D0-9A38-3C1D1470B88B@microsoft.com....

deleted log files
Exchange 5.5, the antivirus program deleted a log file, eseutil and isinteg result in JET errors. Is there anything I can do but restore? are you sure it deleted it, or did it move it to a quarantine location? if it deleted it, restore, with all the log files you do have, is your only option...make certain to first exclude all Exchange folders from any file-level AV scanning... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "dlw" <dlw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8E93BCD-208A-47AE-96C4-A242328F23F5@microsoft.com... > Exchange 5.5, the antivirus program deleted a log file...

Hyperlink File Help
I am needing some major help. I have a file with hyperlinks in column F that link to a file on our server. I am needing to test to see if the file exists and if it does, copy the file to a folder in my documents called (CapturedFiles) and if it doesn't format the cell color to red. Can VBA do this and if so how? I am very basic when it comes to VBA and any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Mouse pointer changes to hourglass shape
I've just put up the trial version of visio. Very frequently, when stuffing around trying to get a connection line organized the way I want it, the mouse pointer changes to an hourglass shape. I can continue to use it (treating the middle of the hourglass as the tip of the pointer) but it's very irritating. I can clear it back to the standard arrowhead pointer by right-clicking, but that brings up the context menu, which I then have to dismiss. Very irritating. My system is a fully-updated Windows 2000 Professional. Graphics card is a Matrox G550 with the latest driver. Any ...

help in publisher and can't see the page tab on the bottom
I can't view my page tabs so I can't move btw pages in my publisher file- i know they are there for i see it in Print Preview but how do I get the tool bar on the bottom back? Mercy0986 wrote: > I can't view my page tabs so I can't move btw pages in my publisher > file- i know they are there for i see it in Print Preview but how do > I get the tool bar on the bottom back? ============================ For Publisher 2003 or earlier: Go to.....View / Status Bar For Publisher 2007...have a look at the following article: Where is the Page Sorter (status bar) in Publish...

Newsgroups in Outlook Express
Greetings! I am new to using Outlook Express in WinXP. In the newsgroups I can view image files that are not "yEnc" but cannot view the ones that are "yEnc". Could someone please tell me how to configure Outlook Express v6 to view such files? Thanks in advance, SC "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin I don't think OE supports yEnc - see insideoe.tomsterdam.com to verify. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coa...

Excel crashes while opening excel file imbeddied with macros
Help! This is the similar problem as mentioned by Delbert on 12/12/2005 that whenever they open a particular Excel file, it gives them a "Send Report Error." Weird thing about it is it doesnt happen in all other Excel files, only happens to this file when saving as usual and trying to reopen it shortly after that. It happens on my machine and my friend working on the same file also. Details: OS: Winxp Office 2003 SP2 Files are saved in local drive Files are around 12MB size (varies) Files have Macros imbedded Files have links While opening, the dialogue box appears twice, asking...

Script to backup and rename excel files...
I plan to use a row delete script (I have this already) to get rid of old data here at work. Before I run this though (I will be running it fairly frequently) I thought I should backup the file I am working on. Is it possible to write a script which creates a backup of the current Excel file I am working on, without changing the filename of the 'live' workbook, and which names the backup file with the time and date so it is both unique and also searchable (EG 03122003-1645.xls or similar) ? Ideally I would combine the two scripts so that once the script is run a backup is created an...

using the Lotus 1-2-3 file import, numbers command in excel
how do i use the lotus 1-2-3 file import, number command in an excel spreadsheet? this command in lotus..allows me to just import numbers, no text is imported..i do not want to import text...please advise..im trying to convert a lotus spreadsheet to excel and i need to figure out how to do this in excel ...

CVS file won't open in Excel 97, Help Please!
I'm new at this so please bear with me. I am trying to open a CVS attachment. The attachment contains a spreadsheet with imported tab delimited files.The attachment automatically opens my Excel program. (I have tried to save the file and open but that doesn't work either). When the program tries to open I get the error message: SYLK: File format is not valid My excel program is Excel 97 Any help would be greatly appreciated. This was posted by Myrna Larson: =========== >From - Wed Apr 12 17:18:13 2000 From: Myrna Larson <myrnalarson@home.net> Subject: Re: file form...

write Avi/wmv file using bmp images
How to write Avi/wmv file using bmp images I would think you'd want some sort of authoring package. Do you just want to show them one after another? If so you may be able to use something like: http://whorld.org/temp/BmpToAvi.html But, if you want to do anything fancy you'll want something like Premiere so you can lay out the timeline. Tom "Unknown" <gaurav.samsung@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8ae3fde3-a48d-4dfd-8bc4-2b609a14fc46@u10g2000prn.googlegroups.com... > How to write Avi/wmv file using bmp images ...

Outlook Fail to load. Please help!
Event Type: Information Event Source: Outlook Event Category: None Event ID: 27 Date: 9/13/2008 Time: 10:15:50 PM User: N/A Computer: IBM_M52 Description: The operation failed. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. I cannot access any "meat" of Outlook: no E-mail Accounts, Datafiles, Import/Export; nor can I send or receive. Have done Detect and Repair and complete reinstall to no avail. Did you make a new profile? http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/profile/profile.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tip...

Some help with conditional formatting
Hi, I have a worksheet which details stock and last weeks sales. e,g, column A is stock, column B is 7-day sales. This extends down the worksheet several hundred lines (1 line for each product I sell) I want to put in a conditional format which will turn Column A red if it is less than column B. I have no difficulty in doing this with one cell, however I can't seem to paste this into another cell or range of cells using copy/paste special or the format painter. When I do paste into another cell the condition is copied exactly. What I want to do is write a condition where the cell...

constant restart of msexcimc service help..
I have been running across very slow opening of sub containers within my mailboxes. Sometimes to the point where the requesting information window pops up and sits for a long time and never connects... I found that re- applying sp4 sometimes works.. Yet I found that a quick restart of the \msexcimc.exe service is all that is need to make the connect fast and eliminate the non connect.. any ideas what is going on here? any ideas how to patch this?? I hate having to do this once a day.. =( Thanks... "ROb B" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have been...

Help needed in excel transpose #2
I need a macro to transpose data in the excel.The data that i have is in the following format: Summary Some data Steps 1)Some data 2)Some data Expected Result Some data Keywords Some data This is repeated in the next row and so on.. I need it in the following format Summary Steps Expected Result Keywords somedata 1)Some data Some data Some data 2)Some data Summary Steps Expected Result Keywords somedata 1)Some data Some data Some data 2)Some data Note that th...

Help I Am not Able To Delete My recieved E-mails.
I had recieved e-mails, after reading them, it said unable to delete. ...

Is there a limit to the number of worksheets in an excel file?
I have an excel file with about 150 worksheets. It will continue to grow. Is there a limit to the size of this file or can I just keep adding worksheets (they are inter-related with VLOOKUP functions). Per the XL help file, the no. of worksheets is only limited by memory. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I have an excel file with about 150 worksheets. It will continue to grow. >Is there a limit to the size of this file or can I just keep adding >worksheets (they are inter-related with VLOOKUP functions). >. > ...

file with udf extension
Hi I have a file with a udf extension. When I searched the several sites said that it was related to excel, so I opened it with excel. When opened, it is incomprehensible letters and symbols. Is there a way to convert it so that it is readabl? -- Thank-you! Ruth http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=*.udf&aq=f&aqi=g3g-s1g3&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=C_KkU1f8HTKKKAYXUM8vi_dAKAAAAqgQFT9AdQ5A&fp=7ea2d229f2f9fbeb -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Ruth" <Ruth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...