My cropping function in Publisher does not work as described!Why?

The croppping function in my Microsoft Office  Small Business Edition 2003
Publisher program does not cut off an inserted picture properly.  The size of
the crop is accurate but the resulting picture inside is expanded and the
result is not as I want it to be.  What is wrong?

Al O
0
O (29)

Crop your photo with photo-editing software then insert it in your Publisher
document.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Al O" <Al O@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The croppping function in my Microsoft Office  Small Business Edition 2003
> Publisher program does not cut off an inserted picture properly.  The size
> of
> the crop is accurate but the resulting picture inside is expanded and the
> result is not as I want it to be.  What is wrong?
>
> Al O

0
jl_amerson (3088)
6/14/2005 4:25:43 AM
See if there is an updated driver for your graphics card.

If you have set in the Display properties, "Large Fonts" try resetting them
to the default, Small.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Al O" <Al O@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The croppping function in my Microsoft Office  Small Business Edition 2003
> Publisher program does not cut off an inserted picture properly.  The size
> of
> the crop is accurate but the resulting picture inside is expanded and the
> result is not as I want it to be.  What is wrong?
>
> Al O

Several in the posted network are having the same problem, myself included.
Has anyone found an answer? bobjones@wynndalebaptistchurch.com

"Al O" wrote:

> The croppping function in my Microsoft Office  Small Business Edition 2003
> Publisher program does not cut off an inserted picture properly.  The size of
> the crop is accurate but the resulting picture inside is expanded and the
> result is not as I want it to be.  What is wrong?
>
> Al O
In an earlier version of Publisher this behavior can occurred if you scale a picture
so that the height or width of the picture is a value other than 100 percent, and you
then crop the picture.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Bob needing help" <Bobneedinghelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Several in the posted network are having the same problem, myself included.
> Has anyone found an answer? bobjones@wynndalebaptistchurch.com
>
> "Al O" wrote:
>
>> The croppping function in my Microsoft Office  Small Business Edition 2003
>> Publisher program does not cut off an inserted picture properly.  The size of
>> the crop is accurate but the resulting picture inside is expanded and the
>> result is not as I want it to be.  What is wrong?
>>
>> Al O

0
gsauer (5093)
6/14/2005 5:53:25 PM
Step 1: Check View > Pictures and ensure that Detailed Display is checked.

"Al O" <Al O@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> The croppping function in my Microsoft Office  Small Business Edition 2003
> Publisher program does not cut off an inserted picture properly.  The size
> of
> the crop is accurate but the resulting picture inside is expanded and the
> result is not as I want it to be.  What is wrong?
>
> Al O

Animated GIFs In Publisher Website
We have Publisher 2000 and for the last 2 years or so we use to be able to just copy and paste animated GIFs onto the page being edited and when previewing the webpage the animation would animate. Now, any NEW animations pasted or inserted don't work. It seems the properties of animation go away once inserted into Publisher. Strange thing is that if we copy an OLD, working animation from another location within the web page publication docment it works. Any ideas what may have changd? BTW Recently updated part of our Office package to Office 2007 but that upgraded Word, PP, &...

How does this work?
can anyone tell me how does this work without allocating memory to object, #include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> using namespace std; class Test { public: int getNumber(); }; int Test::getNumber() { return 10; } int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv[]) { Test *p = NULL; int n = p->getNumber(); cout << n; return 0; } kamlesh.ajmere@gmail.com wrote: > can anyone tell me how does this work without allocating memory to > object, Test::getNumber is just a plain ol' function. It does something when you call it. The differenc...

Unable to see Outlook Free/Busy calendar published locally
Folks, We've upgraded to Outlook 2003 recently and would like to post and share calendars to our own server (not on the net). I cannot for the life of me find this *.vbf file. Also, once data is published...how will I bring up "Fred's" calendar on my screen? Lots of bright ideas....hmmm...guess not. plastic_man1968@yahoo.co.uk (Plastic Man) wrote in message news:<e275250f.0409300230.769f63da@posting.google.com>... > Folks, > > We've upgraded to Outlook 2003 recently and would like to post and > share calendars to our own server (not on the net). &...

How can I prevent cliparts from disappearing (Publisher 2003) ?
I can see them. I save and close. The next day, everything is there : text, Word art, but no clip art. Help ! Thanks. Read the fourth FAQ here: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "S�raphin Poudrier" <S�raphin Poudrier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F316AACF-6F5F-4505-9229-6D07C48169E7@microsoft.com... >I can see them. > I save and close. > The next day, everything i...

Cant open saved files in Publisher Beta2 new version. Any advise
I have tried to open several save files in the new version of Publisher Beta 2, but alas it seems impossible. When clicking on recent files they can't find them and I have to browse for them, but when I find them I get the message cant open the file (s). Somebody having a good advise? Have you installed the beta refresh? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/thankyou.aspx?familyId=B07A3387-01CF-4BC3-821A-0BB10E7A59FA&displayLang=en&oRef=blockedReferrer There are a number of fixes in the refresh. I cannot duplicate your error, Publisher 2007 opens all my files. Do you have Norton...

Text Box in Publisher
I am trying to create a text box in publisher with the measurement of 5.75 (h) x 5 (w). But publisher is making the height 5.751. How do I correct this? Is this even possible. Don't think it is possible... The .001 is so tiny it shouldn't make much difference. I can get a true 5.75 in Publisher 2000 but as soon as I copy/paste it goes back to 5.751 in 2002, 2003 and 07. Lines do the same. I can create a rectangle in a draw program, paste special into Publisher, ungroup, this rectangle will maintain the correct size. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Nikki" &l...

Starting IE 6 prompts for publisher 2003 install
Whenever I start IE 6 I get prompted to configure and then install Microsoft Publisher 2003. It fails because the install cd is not available. Is there a way to stop IE from prompting for this while I figure this out, short of uninstalling publisher. I've tried 1- repairing the publisher install (fails because I don't have the cd) 2- making the ie default editor notepad 3- reseting IE to its defaults 4- using regmon to see if there is a key I can alter (results are overwhelming) Any ideas on how to sever this connection between the 2 apps IE 6 and publisher 2003? ...

Work Order Deposit In Drawer
Hi I have this issue. Let Say I have cashiers that work on the registers, and if they do work orders, deposit ammount is not shown in any detaild sales report. I understand that it is not sale yet that's why it does not appear, so I will have to go with work order's but on other hand , my customer wants to just generate one report with all the information needed. like there will be total daily sales, let's say 1000, and work order deposites let's say 200 , so "total sales" will bes 1200.00 any ideas ? ...

Cut and paste does not work between excel documents
I am unable to cut (or copy) a range of cells and paste them into another excel document. I am only able to paste them into a worksheet in the same document I am working in. Has anyone experienced this, or know how to correct the problem? Cut and paste between spreadsheets works well. Many people use it often. Tell us what error you are getting, or what you mean by "unable to ..." -- Regards, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail "R Morgan" <RMorgan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B75C007B-263D-4BAC-A7FB-05FA868553AB@microsoft.com... &...

Function Call Problem
Could anyone help me with this Dialog App (first visual app). I am writing a test program for using Tab Controls. However, I have found that I am not sure how to call a class member function from the main dialog class to another dialog class. The program compiles normally. But the function call is causing an "Assertion Failed" error message whenever the button is clicked. It is used to print a number in a dialog of a tab control, and it also prints the same number in the main dialog. Both of these numbers are printed in Static Text Controls. This is the code from the main Dial...

installing publisher 2000
I have a replacement computer with XP and office 2000 installed for my student daughter. I'm trying to install my copy of publisher 2000 but get an error message that publisher cannot find vreg.dll and so cannot install. a search shows the file is in office directory. how do I proceed ...

Money Won't Function
Greetings, I'm using Money 2006 Standard Edition, and I wanted to try the latest version of Money Essentials. The FAQ said there were no problems installing the trial alongside your existing installation because it installs into a separate directory. Well, my trial just expired, and now that I removed Money Essentials, I now have two problems: 1. Money 2006 no longer plays sounds. 2. When I click the "download" button at my bank's web site, the information no longer gets downloaded into Money. Instead I get a file download box with a filename ending in either *.ofx o...

Average Function #2
Hi Everyone, I am using Excel 2003. I understand there is probably a very sophisticated way to get what I want but I need to learn the simple way first. I have a data sheet named "MICU". I inserted another sheet in the workbook called "Stats". I want to break down the data by month on my new Stats sheet. The MICU sheet has many columns of info. The 2 I think I need to use is a column for start date "ThpyStDtTm" (Date and Time field 3/14/09 18:41) and a column called "VentLOSDays" (Number format with 2 decimal places). Column A Column...

Junk Email Filter with IMAP Not Working
The Junk Email Filter in Outlook 2003 has never worked for me. I am using an IMAP account, and according to Microsoft the Junk Filter DOES support IMAP accounts. Apparently you need to download whole message not just the header so I have enabled 'Download Complete Item including Attachments' instead of 'headers only' in Send Recieve Options. But still no joy! What am I doing wrong? Are there any other settings that need to be set to get it to work? I have set the Junk Filter to high, also added email address's to blocked senders list but still messages are not...

Table Command function
Can you please explain the table command function under "data" in excel, with a simple example because I don't know how one can use this function in Microsoft Excel. Thank you. Bill Here are a couple of examples http://www.dicks-blog.com/excel/2004/09/data_table_basi.html http://www.dicks-blog.com/excel/2004/10/retail_pricing.html -- Dick Kusleika MVP - Excel Excel Blog - Daily Dose of Excel www.dicks-blog.com "Bill T." <Bill T.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F1E220D-3FED-451B-85B6-8514634C3F6A@microsoft.com... > Can you please explai...

Add 5 working days to date
hi I am trying to work with two dates on phone call entity in crm - actual start and scheduledend what i want to achieve is - set the actual start date to current date if it is null and then add 5 working days to actual start date below is the code i am using var CRM_FORM_TYPE_CREATE = 1; var CRM_FORM_TYPE_UPDATE = 2; switch (crmForm.FormType) { case CRM_FORM_TYPE_CREATE: crmForm.all.actualstart.DataValue == null crmForm.all.actualstart.DataValue = new Date(); crmForm.all.scheduledend.DataValue=dateadd("w",5,actualstart) break; case CRM_FORM_TYPE...

Access 2003
We have a timekeeping database that uses the Date Picker function to choose the week ending date when our employees enter their time. Our payroll week ends on a Sunday. Is it possible to make the date picker allow only Sunday dates as their choice? If so, how do I set this up? Thanks for your help! Without the Date Picker function to review it is impossible for anyone to tell. Which date picker are you using? What you can do howeverm is use a control event to validate the value entered by the user using the afterupdate event and code like If WeekdayName(DatePart("w",[txt...

Which function to use? Trying to ref a cell based on another.
I'm starting to get confused by the vocabulary in Excel. I'm not necessarily looking for someone to just give me a solution to my problem. I'd just like some advice on which functions I should be reading up on. I'm still a newbie to the formulas. If Excel would let me, the closest I could express what I'm trying to do is something like this. =IF(A3=sheet2!A$:A$, sheet2!H$:H$ Of course this doesn't work b/c I don't know what I'm doing. I know this is simple to some of you gurus out there, everybody starts somewhere. To explain what I'm trying to...

Problems when trying to publish
Hi Trying to make my first web-site ever. Have prepared a page in Publisher 2003, but when I try to publish on my www adr. I receive a message as follows after having filled in the www-adr as "file name" and said SAVE: -- Filtered HTML-files are smaller than regular HTML-files, and can be published to and downloaded from the internet more quickly.... To make any changes to the web-site, first edit the original .pub file in the Publisher and then publish it again using the publish to the web command on the file menu. Saying OK to this, nothing more happends, and nothing i...

After Restoring 2007 DBs
I restored my test databases from domain 1 to domain 2 - a production environment. I restored the databases, updated the resource domain information in MSP_Resources. Then I provisioned a new instance of PWA and pointed to the 4 restored DBs. I can connect... everything seems to work except: (1) the Project's queue doesnt seem to work. I cannot effectively check-in, save, or publish project plans Any ideas?? Check your logs for errors. Check the services on the server to see what's running, and what's not. -A "Terrelle" wrote: > I restor...

Compile errors in function when converting from 97 to 2000
I am trying to convert an Access 97 mdb file to 2000...I got a compile error and when I run the debugger it stops at this function... It highlights the last section...RankCheck = result ....error states...Function call on lefthand side of assignment must return Variant or Object. Any ideas on what it should be changed to? Public Function RankCheckOrig(current_value As Integer) As Integer Dim previous_value As Integer Dim previous_rank As Integer Dim result As Integer previous_value = Forms![Rankvariables]![previous_value] previous_rank = Forms![Rankvariables]![previous_rank] If current_v...

why can't I reopen a document saved in publisher
I am trying to do flyers thru publishers, save the documents for further use but I cannot re-open the document. Can someone help? What happens when you try? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Dsmale5" <Dsmale5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B70BF36-747C-45C7-B89F-15F58B338E06@microsoft.com... >I am trying to do flyers thru publishers, save the documents for further >use > but I cannot re-open the document. Can someone help? How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198256/en-us -- ...

Word 2007 cursor doesn't work
I would have sworn I posted this question a few days ago, but I never heard anything and now can't find my post. Sorry if this is a duplicate. Word 2007 has been getting flakier and flakier. The latest is that the cursor won't move with the mouse. Only responds to keyboard commands. Excel is also getting a bit weird but not as bad. Decided to reinstall from my purchased Office Standard 2007 CD. Setup aborts early on saying it had encountered a problem. No option to uninstall in Control Panel>Programs. Looked at a post suggestion deleting rgstrtn.lck, but ...

Autocorrect STILL NOT working!
Hi, Yesterday it was suggested that I download service pack 3 to fix the problem I was having with Publisher 2003. My autocorrect is not working nor am I able to apply formatting to text boxes throughout publication without changing each one individually. I restarted my computer as it suggested after downloading the service pack, but nothing seems to have changed. My (c) is still set to use symbol in AutoCorrect options, I have checked box to apply formatting to all text boxes, and no matter what, I am still getting (c) instead of symbol and each textbox is defaulting to Times New R...

Excel functions
Hi everyone, Hope somebody could help me with these problems. Problem #1. row 1 =DSUM(database,field,'$A4:$A5) where A4 = "destin"; A5 = "Consolidator 1" row 2 =DSUM(database,field,'$A6:$A7) where A6 = "destin"; A7 = "Consolidator 2" ..... row n =DSUM(database,field,'$An:$Am) where An = "destin"; Am = "Consolidator n" I waste a lot of rows for this criteria only because I do not know ho to create it another way, I mean (A4, A6 and so on) Problem #2 I have named several range of cells in workbook. I want to change...