Mutliple Page Number sets

I'm setting up a book to go out to short run press.  Using publisher because
I get it through license for super cheap, so it didn't make sense to purchase
an expensive publishing suite.  But I want to do some things with the page
numbers that I can't figure out to do.  I want and intro and foreword to be
in roman numerals, and then the main body of the text to have regular page
numbers.  What I really can't figure out though, is how to get the page
numbers to start on "1" with the first page (currently starting on 11.  I
have Master Sheets applies to the different sections, but it makes but the
numbers are still off from where I need them.  Help?
0
carlin (2)

Insert the other numbering systems as a new section.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"carlin" <carlin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm setting up a book to go out to short run press.  Using publisher
> because
> I get it through license for super cheap, so it didn't make sense to
> purchase
> an expensive publishing suite.  But I want to do some things with the page
> numbers that I can't figure out to do.  I want and intro and foreword to
> be
> in roman numerals, and then the main body of the text to have regular page
> numbers.  What I really can't figure out though, is how to get the page
> numbers to start on "1" with the first page (currently starting on 11.  I
> have Master Sheets applies to the different sections, but it makes but the
> numbers are still off from where I need them.  Help?

0
jl_paules (2768)
7/16/2007 12:15:39 AM
Nevermind

"carlin" wrote:

> I'm setting up a book to go out to short run press.  Using publisher because
> I get it through license for super cheap, so it didn't make sense to purchase
> an expensive publishing suite.  But I want to do some things with the page
> numbers that I can't figure out to do.  I want and intro and foreword to be
> in roman numerals, and then the main body of the text to have regular page
> numbers.  What I really can't figure out though, is how to get the page
> numbers to start on "1" with the first page (currently starting on 11.  I
> have Master Sheets applies to the different sections, but it makes but the
> numbers are still off from where I need them.  Help?
0
carlin (2)

RestrictAnonymous Registry setting
What should I be setting this to If I have a NT4.0, Exchange 5.5 sp4 system that is a BDC? This is a single domain site Here is article about the setting The RestrictAnonymous registry setting controls the level of enumeration granted to an anonymous user. If RestrictAnonymous is set to 0 (that is, the default setting), any user can obtain system information, including: user names and details, account policies, and share names. Anonymous users can use this information in an attack against your system. The list of user names and share names could help potential attackers identify who is an adm...

Problem with window size depending on desktop settings
Hi, I have written an SDI application which displays a single CFormView. My CFormView is a fixed size form with various text components and buttons on. I want the application to have a fixed size so I have set it so that it cannot be resized. On the whole it works fine on 95% of machines, but I have found on the odd PC that scroll bars appear on the view. I believe this is due to desktop settings, such as extra large font size, different icon size etc. At the moment I set the window size as follows: BOOL CMainFrame::PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs) { /* Set the Size of the G...

Exch2003: Global line break settings?
Is there a way to set a global value for "remove line breaks=0" or the equivalent? This automatic line break removal is a real PITA. Thanks! FYI - the automatic line break removal is an Outlook 2003 thing, not an Exchange thing. If you want to see which options you can manage via a Group Policy, download the ORK from here. Don't know if this is one of them. Otherwise, Tools, Options, Email options - uncheck the box to remove extra line breaks from plain text messages. http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/2003/tools/BoxA19.htm -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "admin ...

Page break in publisher to change from portraite to landscape
I am trying to change one page from portrate to landscape without effecting the rest of the pages, but each time i try it effects all the pages. I know in word you can select page break. Is there something similar in publisher as i am unable to find this? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/publisher/200707/1 Pub 2000 here and for me to do what you want I must leave the page in question as portrait and turn the text and images 90�. -- Don Vancouver, USA "chedd via OfficeKB.com" <u18187@uwe> wrote in message news:75f1cac2d1fca@...

Mail as web page
I want to send an advertising mail shot that looks like a web page. What is the best way to achieve this? ---------------------------------------------------------- This message has been checked for all known viruses. The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may be the subject of legal, professional or other privilege. It is intended for the named addressee only and may not be disclosed to any other parties without the prior permission of the originator. Fight Spam! Join EuroCAUCE: http://www.euro.cauce.org/ ...

Unable to set FormulaArray property VBA
I'm trying to populate a number of cells with an array formula and can't seem to get it to work. Every time I try to run the code I get the 'Unable to set FormulaArray property of the range class' message. A previous posting suggested this was due to there being a limit of 256 characters to a VBA formulaarray. The formula I am using includes a long file path and name as it references another workbook. This made the formula over 256 characters, so I have tried to replace the file path with a variable that it populated with the file path stored in a specific cell (e.g. fold =...

Counting strings of consecutive numbers in a column
Hi I want to be able to count strings of consecutive numbers in the one column. eg: Seagrass Seagrass Seagrass Seagrass NA NA NA Seagrass Seagrass Seagrass NA ... So i want to count the number of times Seagrass occurs in the one string, then count how many times it occurs int he next string. eg in the example above: 4 & 3. I am at a total loss thanks Check out your previous post.. -- Jacob "SamG" wrote: > Hi I want to be able to count strings of consecutive numbers in the one column. > > eg: > > Seagrass > S...

Percent to Whole Number
I have an Excel table saved as *.csv I want to turn decimal numbers into whole numbers without the decimal (or - the same - remove the percent sign) from many numbers in a table. This should be simple but seems not to be. With a two digit number, e.g. 0.25, one can search for the decimal and replace it with a blank and get the desire result (in number format and using value rather than formula). However a number such as 0.3 becomes 3. If 0.3 is converted to 0.30 (formatting for two decimal points) and a search is made for the decimal, replacing it with a blank, the result is 3.00. I want ...

Page cutoff
I have Publisher 2002. When I create a side fold card the bottom of the first page never prints. Approximately 1/2 inch of the bottom of the frame and its contents do not print. The whole image shows up in print preview however. Any suggestions? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Steve <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I have Publisher 2002. When I create a side fold card the > bottom of the first page never prints. Approximately 1/2 > inch of the bottom of the frame and its contents do not > print. The whole image shows ...

How to show SOLD serialized item on Serial Number Report?
Hi; On the Serial Number built-in report, it lists all outstanding serial number and the allocated serial number. Can I show those SOLD serial number on the same report? Thanks! ...

How do I make a single pdf page out of 4 publisher pages?
I would like to be able to send this newletter in pdf format by email. The people who receive it would like to scroll through the 4 pages. So far all I have been able to do is make a pdf out of each page and attach ~ as an attachement. They have to open each attachment to see the next page. Any help appreciated!! As you save to pdf look for a statement that says, "Append to existing file". This way all four pages will be in one file. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Cody" <Cody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0855587A-6DA5-410...

Free ASP.NET MVC paging component
I wrote a free asp.net mvc paging component (should it be called "control"?) called MvcPager, it supports 3 paging mode:standard url paging,default Ajax paging and jQuery Ajax paging. The paging implementation was inspired by Scottgu's PagedList<T> idea. You can view online demo and download it from http://en.webdiyer.com in case you're interested for this component! Hope you can find it's helpful! ...

group of numbers
How can I make a bunch of numbers being recognized as a group? I've got the following numbers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. I want them to be considered as a group. How can I achieve it? Thank you for your attention --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You can name the range of cells that contain the numbers. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html If that's not what you're trying to do, perhaps you could give a bit more detail. PeaceMaker < wrote: > How can I make a bunch of numbers being recognized as a group? > > I&...

To set a BitMap on a Button Control
Hi, I have a CButton control dragged and placed from the ToolBox on a dialog. I have a BitMap with id has IDB_BITMAP_UP, which i want to load onto this button control. I tried like this, HBITMAP hbitmap; hbitmap = LoadBitmap(::AfxGetInstanceHandle(), MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDB_BITMAP_UP)); then what we should do with "hbitmap". I saw the API "SetBitmap" so i did SetBitmap(hbitmap); But it is giving a error that 'SetBitmap': identifier not found. I tried to have a CBitmapButton Class member in my class but it gives error saying CBitmapButton member not found...

Case Numbers Jumped
Has anyone experienced this issue? In CRM 3.0 all of a sudden my case numbers jumped up. Example: CAS-07624-OT4Z13 to CAS-08164-4E828E These cases were created by a user in our Support Dept. who notified me of the discrepancy and I ran a query to search on cases between these 2 parameters with a result of 0. What table do I look in and should I modify it? ...

Maximum number of process....Windows
Hi, Is there any limit of number of process or thread that can run at a time in Win9X and win2k/XP OS. Plz reply. regds vinay Well, on the toy systems (Win9x), the process limit is fairly small, probably reasonably on the order of a few hundred, but I've never measured it. The limit is based on the available real memory, the available paging space, the amount of GDI space, the number of windows, etc. (the USER and GDI space is shared system-wide under MS-DOS), and, or course, the sizes of the processes. On real operating systems, you will probably run out of patience before you r...

Setting up mailbox Resources
We are running Exchange 2003 Standard. Our users mailboxes were setup via active directory. We want to set up our mailbox resources so that: - Conference Rooms, Projectors, Laptops etc can be booked using the meeting resources selection. - resource mailboxes automatically accept meeting requests and process cancellations - The Free/busy options are viewable by users. Currently we have not been able to find any information that indicates how this is to be done. From Outlook web we can clearly see that a resource option exits. Any help would be appreciated here Thanks See here: http...

VBA code to set automatic coloring filters
I know this can be done manually, however i need to change the automatic coloring filters in calendars through VBA how to do this? I'm talking about the button next to the delete cross the button has 9 dots on it in 3 row (bleu red green) (outlook 2003 and later versions) ...

HtmlHelp doesn't shoe the right page
I have a CDialog based application and i called HtmlHelp(this->m_hWnd, helpFilePath, HH_HELP_CONTEXT, dwData); in my WinHelp method. I checked the helpFilePath contains the right path, "c:\myapp\hlp\help.chm" and the dwData contains a right Help ID. I checked ..ali file, it contains correct information, like HID_CALL = Directory\Call.htm and in my hlp directory, it has a folder called Directory and has Call.htm. However, the HtmlHelp always return NULL. Would you please give me any ideas why the help doesn...

Saving Attachments Default Setting
Whenever I save attachments to emails in Outlook Express it always defaults to My Documents File. This is very tiresome as this is not the file I want to use. Everytime I save attachements I have to browse for the correct file. I am sure it used to remember the file you last used and default to that but since I installed an update a couple of months ago it just goes back to My Documents. Help! ...

how do i ignore a number when using MODE function?
Hi I have a list of numbers that I want to find the MODE in: 0 0 1 2 0 0 3 3 2 2 2 0 0 But I want to be able to ignore the Zeros How do i go about doing this so the mode function gives me the #2 only Thank you -- Dev4me ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dev4me's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29709 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=498091 =MODE(IF(A1:A20<>0,A1:A20)) which is an array formula, so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the...

How can i print 1 page only??
We have Microsoft Outlook 2002. If an e-mail initially generated by us becomes very long owing to back and forth replies we would like to print only the first page containing the latest reply. However, the only option we are given is to print 'all/even/odd' pages. Some mails we receive which are not initially generated by us however give us the option of which page to print. It is this type of print option we would like to have for all e-mails! its driving us up the wall, there must be a simple way to do it but we just cant find out how! HELP! --------------------------------...

Word does not print beyond a certain page number
My document is about 170 pages long. After page 10 there is a section break and the page numbering changes from Roman numerals to Arabic numerals. Word prints only through page 10. How can I print the whole document? In the Print dialog box (Ctrl+P), make sure that "All" is selected under "Page range." Then click OK. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "Alphy" <Alphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEB9B943-DCFE-426E-B592-3C30DBB3EB99@microsoft.com... > My document is about 170 pages long. ...

String with Varying Letter followed by Incremented Number
I'm new to Access and really don't even know how to ask what I need to know, but I'll give it a shot and maybe you brilliant folks can figure out what I mean. We have three classes with students. Each student is assigned an ID. The ID contains a letter which indicates which class the student attends (L G or F) and that letter is followed by a 7 digit number that increments with each student no matter which class they are in. So our list might look like L0000001 G0000002 F0000003 We're developing a database, but this information in our current system has been k...

Message rejected for size but no limits set on server
I have a user who is trying to send a 14MB Powerpoint file. However, every time she tries to send it, she gets the following message: Task �Microsoft Exchange Server - Sending� reported error (0x80040610): �The message being sent exceeds the message size established for this user.� Well, as far as I know and can tell, I have set no limits on my exchange server. All users (and this user for sure) are set to use "default limits" (which I assume means the limits set on the server). I even tried setting limits to 30MB (30720 KB, literally) just for fun; tha...