Multiple Greeting cards in one file?

CDoes Publisher allow you to easily use one .pub file to print multtiple
greeting cards?  I tried inserting a page, but it seems to insert a page into
the Card, not a whole new Card.  I'd really like to create multiple cards
(with different images and text) in one file and print them instead of
creating and printing multiple files.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Carole
0
carole (14)

You could do as you found out create additional pages but then you would
have to print pages 1 to 2 for one card and 3 to 4 for another and 5 to 6
for another.

A better solution is create separate card files and store them in a common
folder.

--
Don - Publisher 2000�
Vancouver, USA

"Carole" <Carole@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> CDoes Publisher allow you to easily use one .pub file to print multtiple
> greeting cards?  I tried inserting a page, but it seems to insert a page
> into
> the Card, not a whole new Card.  I'd really like to create multiple cards
> (with different images and text) in one file and print them instead of
> creating and printing multiple files.  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Carole

0
Engineer5094 (821)
12/28/2008 8:35:27 PM
Yes, you can, using the catalog option in Publisher.  I just gave a
step-by-step and it was lost during posting.  Post again if you you are still
interested.

"Carole" wrote:

> CDoes Publisher allow you to easily use one .pub file to print multtiple
> greeting cards?  I tried inserting a page, but it seems to insert a page into
> the Card, not a whole new Card.  I'd really like to create multiple cards
> (with different images and text) in one file and print them instead of
> creating and printing multiple files.  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Carole
0
JonShops (4)

Beware MM 2006 if you have multiple accounts
I have been a money user for years. I just installed mm 2006 and did an online update. When done, money downloaded all accounts that I have access to at all financial institutions and created MM accounts for them. Of course, it ignored the account that previously existed in mm 2004 for those institutions - don't know why and realy don't even care. Apparently, the logic is that if you have an acount at a financial institution then you must manage it through money. You cannot avoid this - you can only close the accounts you don't want to see and eliminate them every time y...

adding files to projects
I have to create a project using custom wizard.I need a .cpp file in that wizard by default.Please give me some instruction to solve this problem ...

To attach file to a workbook in a addin.
I want to attach a file to the workbook or an addin. The file may be a picture file that is some special logo that is part of the excel or some other dll file needed to run the addin Like we insert the new form from one workbook to another is it possible to insert files on non excel type. *.jpg,*.gif,*.dll or some other Any tips will be appreciated. ...

Computer hangs during file copying
Can anyone help? My WinXP Home hangs every once in a while. Usually there is some file copying done when it happens. This phenomenon started after I once ran some 5 or 6 7zip processes concurrently, which was too much for my machine. Sometimes the computer hangs during 7zipping. By "hangs" I mean that: the mouse works, but the taskbar buttons are dead. I can select windows only if they are visible when the problem happens. And then, some windows work and some don't. Windows Explorer windows are dead. Bash windows (ntvdm) work as long as I can get to them. Firefox i...

How to add multiple controls in view?
Hi, I am following this example to create controls in my view, as describe here http://dev-www.codeguru.com/atl/windowless.shtml.I can create only one control,how can i create multiple controls in view,I am using this code in OnIniatialUpdate but i can see only one control. By the way i am trying to make designer applicantion like VB/VC resource editor. Regards. dilbir My code ... m_pCtrl = new CWindowlessControl; m_pCtrl2 = new CWindowlessControl; if (m_pCtrl->m_hWnd == NULL) { CRect rect(40, 40, 200, 200),rect2(80,80,200,200); // VERIFY(m_pCtrl->CreateControl("{CE9...

Publisher Crashing When I Try To Create New File
Publisher opens fine, but every time click on any icon to start a new document I get a memory error "The instruction at "0x300a51fc" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read". All of my other office applications work fine, and all of my other computer programs work fine. It seems to me that if it were a physical memory problem then I would experience other issues with some other programs. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling office, and even applying the service pack too, but I still get the same problem. I am running ou...

Connecting to exchange from another domain with one-way trust?
We have two domains, A and E. E hosts an exchange server. A has its own, separate exchange forest. There is a one way trust between A and E, so that E domain trusts A credentials. (It is a one-way trust on both sides, i.e. both A and E know about it). "A" users can access resources (file shares, printers) on E. A doesn't honour E credentials, obviously. So, E users can't access A resources (without explicity supplying A credentials). Every user in E has an account in A as well, but not vice versa. Each E user, who has an A account, has a mailbox only on E's exchang...

How do I scale an Excel file to fit into a Word Document?
I am trying to put financials into a business plan and need to scale the cash flows etc to fit. I'd probably be minded to paste it in as a picture and then resize it whilst holding down the SHIFT key to maintain the correct proportions, else it can start to look horrible. Also saves anyone being able to get to the data from within the Word Document if that is a possible issue. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It...

Load certain values with opening a file
Me again, this is my second question to the newsgroup, with the first one I got helped so fast that this can be addictive.. ;-) I've got this range of standard values in a colum. Lets say A1 till A10 contains values that can be changed by the one that is opening the file. But the next time the file is being opened the standardvalues must be loaded again. I can make the file read only but is there another way? Thanks again!!! Paste something like this in workbook code: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Sheets("starron").Activate Cells(1, 1) = 42 Cells(2, 1) = 4 Cells(3, 1) = 54 Cel...

Empty Excel File -- Data Lost?
I have an excel file in which I track my family's finances. I access it several times per day. When I started up my computer this evening and went to open the file, it opened up empty. None of the worksheets are present. It is identical in content to a new (i.e. freshly created) file. When I examine the file properties, the date created suggests that it is the same file I have been using all year. The file name is unchanged. But the file size is only 13.5KB, the same size as any other brand new, empty excel file. Any thoughts on what might have happened or how I recover this f...

Importing .TXT file, then add header row?
I have a tab-delimited .TXT file that I generate every day and then import into Excel via File | Open which calls up the Text Import Wizard. The problem is that this text file has no header row which I'd like the resulting .XLS file to have. The text file that I import changes every day but the header row that should be the first row stays the same. Can anyone think of a good way to do this? Does Excel have some sort of 'template' feature that would allow me to use the header row as a template file, and then I could open the text file into that? Or ....? Thanks for any though...

Placing data from one sheet into a specific column in another
Hi there, the code listed below takes data in the last row of Workbook1 and inserts it into the last row of Workbook2. This works fantastically (thank you JLatham), however, I need to be able to specifically place each piece of data in Workbook 1, into a specific column in workbook2. Can anyone help with this one? -- Carlee Ask your question in an Excel newsgroup as this one is for Access, a relational database by Microsoft. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Carlee" wrote: > Hi there, the code listed below takes data in the last row of Workbook1 and &g...

Excel VBA: taking unique values and putting into one column
I am using Excel 2002, and I want to use a macro to take one column o data that may have duplicate entries and put them all into anothe column -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com why is my post the only one not being replied to :( I need help on thi asap -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Have a look at Chip Pearsons site for a starting point: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#TaggingDuplicate s >-----Original Message----- >I am using Excel 2002, and I want to use a macro to take one column of >data that may have duplicate entries and pu...

Problem reading Excel 2003 file through OleDB
Hy everybody, I've got a problem reading an Excel 2003 file in VB.NET. The problem comes when I do a SQL sentence through the Jet engine. If one column in the Excel file contains some numeric values and some string values, only returns the types of the first row that finds, the other data type is returned as NULL value. How can I return al the data types from the column? Here is my SQL sentence: SELECT * FROM [PAGE1$] Thank's. Luismi Can you not use the native SQL engine rather than the Jet engine as that, as you have found this determines the ...

Trying to recover one Public Folder
Ex2K. A Public Folder got deleted during rehmonig. At the end of replication, both replica was removed accidentally. Public Folder instance is there in one server without any data in to. Need to recover the Public Folder. Have a on-line exchange backup after initial replication Will this work If I install a DC with GC and DNS, remove the DC from production LAN. On a test LAN bring the DC back. Install exchagne server "as a move to new hardware" on seperate box in this test LAN. Restore exchagne databases on here. Another workstation to connect as user and make a .pst of the delete...

Finding/creating record in one form to match previous form
I'm constructing a set of data entry forms. The user will fill these in sequentially with data on different assessments of a single individual. Each form has 'Participant ID' as the primary key. When the user tabs out of the last field in e.g. Form A, I have the next form in sequence opening up e.g. Form B. What I'd appreciate some advice on is how to have Form B search for a record with ParticipantID matching the ParticipantID of the record which was just open in Form A, and either display that record, or if it does not exist then to create it (i.e. fill the Part...

Please recommend one freeware to prevent USB flash disk from virus
Sometimes, I plug USB flash disk into various unknown computers. And I don't know if these computers are free from virus or not. What can I do? In news:e7vWm8wzKHA.244@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl, �� <H> typed: > Sometimes, I plug USB flash disk into various unknown computers. And > I don't know if these computers are free from virus or not. What can > I do? Put the flash disk in a rubber, and DON'T KISS! On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 15:12:04 +0800, "��" <H> wrote: >Sometimes, I plug USB flash disk into various unknown computers. And...

Multiple email accounts, all send through default account
Hello, I'm using Outlook 2003, SP1 (all officeupdates from MS applied), and have a wacky problem. I have multiple email accounts (POP and IMAP) setup in a single Outlook profile, but regardless of which account I chose to send the message from, it gets sent through my default account. I've tried deleting and rebuilding my Outlook profile, and that didn't make a difference. I've seen vague rumblings of this problem, but was anyone ever able to find a solution to this problem??? ...

MS Offcie 2007 excessive temp files
In MS Office 2007, when saving in the old office formats (.doc, .xls, etc.), a ton of temp files are being created. When saving in the new formats (.docx, ..xlsx, etc.) this does not happen. 1. Is there any way to prevent this? My folder are filling up quickly. 2. Is there a utility I can use to delete the temp files? I am using Windows XP "Kev" <Kev@discussions.microsoft.com> said this in news item news:193ED48B-9CCC-4FE1-9106-0058EB78F65A@microsoft.com... > In MS Office 2007, when saving in the old office formats (.doc, .xls, > etc.), > a ton ...

where is an edited and saved Publisher email attachment filed?
I was sent a publisher file by email (Outlook) and then edited it further. i then saved it but cannot now find the saved file in spite of assiduous searching. where can i find it? I assume you didn't change the directory for the saved file otherwise you'd be able to find it. It's now a temp file. You may or may not be able to locate it. http://www.gmayor.com/outlook_attachments.htm No guarantees tho. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "David Attwood" <David Attwood@discussions.microso...

how to plot ONE x-y curve of two datas with different x values?
I have this data: x: (1.1) (3.6) (6.0) (7.5) (9.2) ... y: (4.2) (5.6) (6.3) (9.4) (9.6) ... and this data: x: (2.3) (3.2) (5.4) (6.7) (7.2) ... y: (1.2) (2.4) (3.3) (6.4) (8.9) ... Now I want a x-y chart with a SINGLE smooth curve, showing the average result of these two datas. By average, I mean that, suppose I have two curves, I want a curve which is always in the middle of them. As you can see, my problem is that the x data is not very regular, and the x data of both datas usually do not coincide. Thanks! You need to create a single table of all your x values, and interpolate to find th...

PST File #6
How do I create a new PST file and make it my default delivery location Appreciate your help ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can create the new file using File | New. More precise instructions depend on your version of Outlook, which you didn't mention. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:joevara.1138dz@ou...

Have Windows 7 Need office software to open mdi files
Purchased new Fujitsu with Windows 7 and Microsoft Office Professional and unable to open by Microsoft Document Imagining files from my former Fujitsu XP which had the software but bombed out with the internal drive and nothing in Office Professional helps open my files - what do I do now? "Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57CB4790-A8B7-4014-8D4D-C95766D193A5@microsoft.com... > Purchased new Fujitsu with Windows 7 and Microsoft Office Professional and > unable to open by Microsoft Document Imagining files from my former > Fujit...

click on multiple cells
I have been merging cells, resizing cells and working with text boxes and after some change I made everytime I select a cell it automaticly highlights the cell I clicked on AND the six following cells! Whats going on! How can I fix this? Any help woudl be great, I would hate to have to redo the entire document. Thanks! Press F8 again to toggle off Extend Selection Ryan wrote: > I have been merging cells, resizing cells and working with text boxes and > after some change I made everytime I select a cell it automaticly highlights > the cell I clicked on AND the six fol...

Multiple User Defined Categories in Insert Function Form
I've created about ten of user defined functions using VBA in Excel 2007. When I try to access them from Excel using the Insert Function form and trying to select the functions by category, the User Defined category appears ten times in the 'Or select a category' list, one for each function. This make sit very difficult to select the functions I want to use. Initially there was only a single User Defined category that contained all functions, but after I changed one of them I now have the problem. It's the same whether I store them in the Personal Workbook, ...