multiple flyers per page?

Hello.

I need to make a custom template with publisher.

It will be one 8 1/2 by 11 paper divided horizontally into three parts so
that there are three fliers that can be printed. each flier needs to be
double printed so I need to make it a double sided project like a postcard or
brochure layout. I can figure out text and image stuff.

But I don't know how to make a basic custom project that is divided into
three panels horizontally (so 8 inches by 3.83 inches roughly)

Also an additional customization would divide each 3.83 by 8 inch flyer into
two parts so one 8 by 11 page would have 6 flyers in it

once again it would be double printed... (front and back, different text on
each side.

thanks,

This is my first day using the program, i ve already messed with it and
looked at the online trainign program.

Ill keep trying to figure it out.

hope u can help

if u can, it would be awesome!!!
0
Shorty (9)

I assume you are using Publisher 2007.

File, Page setup, Advanced (on the right task pane), Select Multiple pages per
sheet as layout type. Type 8.5 width, 3.66 height.
Zero margins.
You should see 1 column of 3.
When you are back to the publication page, Arrange menu, Layout guides. Type
your preferred margins, keeping in mind your printer's margin limitations.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"shorty" <shorty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello.
>
> I need to make a custom template with publisher.
>
> It will be one 8 1/2 by 11 paper divided horizontally into three parts so
> that there are three fliers that can be printed. each flier needs to be
> double printed so I need to make it a double sided project like a postcard or
> brochure layout. I can figure out text and image stuff.
>
> But I don't know how to make a basic custom project that is divided into
> three panels horizontally (so 8 inches by 3.83 inches roughly)
>
> Also an additional customization would divide each 3.83 by 8 inch flyer into
> two parts so one 8 by 11 page would have 6 flyers in it
>
> once again it would be double printed... (front and back, different text on
> each side.
>

> thanks,
>
> This is my first day using the program, i ve already messed with it and
> looked at the online trainign program.
>
> Ill keep trying to figure it out.
>
> hope u can help
>
> if u can, it would be awesome!!!

0
mary.sauer (2018)
6/3/2009 9:26:42 AM
thank you! that was what i was looking for!

and how do I set it up so it is double sided? (I have seen this in brochures
and postcards, there are tabs one and two and u click one for the front side
and two for the backside..) when making a custom template how do you set this
up?

BTW is there a more comprehensive guide online than the ones Microsoft offer?

thanks a lot!!!
0
Shorty (9)
6/3/2009 1:23:07 PM
Insert, Page. If you have a duplex unit, instruct the printer to print both
sides. Otherwise print current page, turn the stock over, go to page 2 and print
current page again.

I think the the online tutorials are pretty good. There are demos you can watch.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
--

> thank you! that was what i was looking for!
>
> and how do I set it up so it is double sided? (I have seen this in brochures
> and postcards, there are tabs one and two and u click one for the front side
> and two for the backside..) when making a custom template how do you set this
> up?
>
> BTW is there a more comprehensive guide online than the ones Microsoft offer?
>
> thanks a lot!!!

0
mary.sauer (2018)

Printing Sheets to Multiple Destinations
Is there anyway to "program" an Excel workbook to print each sheet to a different printer? Here is my situation: I use a workbook to send daily prices to my customers. The first sheet is my data entry and each sheet following is customly set up to suit the appropriate customer and linked to the data entry sheet. I then click on each sheet and fax to the appropriate customer using WinFax.(each sheet goes to a different fax number) I'm looking for a way to automate my faxing/printing process. Is there a macro or anything that can be added in each sheet of my workbook so it will ...

multiple years in grant management
Please consider expanding the functionality of Grant management to extend beyond the company fiscal year. For instance we have a fiscal year of july to june and we have a few grants that are on a calendar year jan-dec along with grants that follow our fiscal year. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then ...

Receipt template
Hi! I'm making custom receipt template. I use different headers ("OverlayFirstPage" and "OverlayOnlyPage" differs from "OverlayMiddlePage" and "OverlayLastPage"). Problem is that these headers are of quite different size and there is a lot of space between header and document section on middle and last page. Can I define different <TOP> parameters in <DOCUMENT> depending on what page it is (or what overlay uses)? Thanks, Koit I got it myself, using page number: <IF> <CONDITION>\p=1 | \p=\t</CONDITION> <T...

Changing the default page size in visio2002
Hi all, I have set up a template for a series of flowcharts, which includes a foreground page, a background page and a specific stencil. I set the page size to A4 in the page properties (for both foreground and background pages) for the printer paper size and made the drawing "same as printer paper" size. Next time I created a new document from the template, the foreground, background and stencil are as expected, but the page size has returned to 'Letter'. Is there any way to make the default page size 'A4' and make it stick? I would have preferred something like i...

change page setup from printing 1 business card to 2 rows of 5
the program wont let me make this simple change. all i want to do is set up the page so that it prints the card in two rows of 5 but there is no way to change it. Oh but there is, give this a try. Here's I do it with Publisher 2000. File Page Setup Special Size Business Card from the drop down menu OK Create card. Assuming you are using standard business card stock of 2 wide and 5 high; File Print Page options button Print multiple copies per sheet Custom options button Margins = .5" Gap = 0" Side Margins =...

Granting window Security of my product per user in the Microsoft G
Hi, In GP, i go to Tools>Setup>System>Security And then i select a user and company defaults. Then i select my Product, and select 'Alternate Dynamics GP Windows' as Type. Then select a series. The problem is even though i had synchronized my dictionary and updated the resources and series using DexUtils.exe, the Security does not seem to recognize the form or the resource for that specific series under my product. Can anyone help in determining why its not recognizing my windows in GP. Thanx. Are the windows in your product alternate versions of Dynamics.dic windows or n...

Combining data (numeric format) in multiple cells into one cell (t
If you have data in multiple cells that is numeric format, can the data be combined into one cell as text? Example. Cell A1 is number of correct answers (9), Cell B1 is number of questions (10). In cell C1, would like to display data as (9-10)? Can a formula be created that will automatically do this so as to eliminate having to type the information? one way: =A1 & "-" & B1 In article <018B8827-4277-4C02-81E1-3BEDB61422A0@microsoft.com>, "GNAC SID" <GNAC SID@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > If you have data in multiple cells that is num...

Grouping axis scale multiple charts
I am working on a report in Excel where we compare four models with eachother. Therefore we use four charts which we place next to eachother. The data is filled into the datasheet automatically from access through macro's. The problem is that the scale of the x-axis differs on each chart while we want the same scale on all four charts. Auto-scaling scales each chart individually, so that is not an option as well. The only solution what I can come up with is making a macro that searches for the largest value in the datasheet and then setting the maximum of each axis to that value. T...

Page Bread Bug!!
Hi, I am a fairly experienced user of XL but I still have not found an explanation for this happening... Sometimes a workbook will suddenly switch to a page PER CELL for every worksheet within it (and all other open workbooks as far as I can tell). Has anyone seen this before and know why it happens? Once it happens i can't find anyway of reverting to normal except by closing and not saving (I've tried all the obvious page setup options etc.) Thanks in advance. ...

How to ShellExec IE to the home page?
Howdy, From my win32 C++ app I need to spawn an instance of Internet Explorer (or the default browser, either way is fine) that just opens to the browser's home page. I know how to shellexec a specific http file, but not how to get the default browser to just open to its home page. Another obvious way to skin this cat (that I'm not sure about) is to find a way to know where the iexplorer.exe is located and fire it off with CreateProcess. Is there a documented registry setting that points to either IE or the default browser's exe file? The solution needs to work with all versi...

How to start header on second page?
I want the header to start on the second page. Other programs prompt you where to start. Excel doesn't seem to do this. Do I have to write a macro to accomplish this? If so, how do I find out how to do that? IF you mean that you want a constant row to appear on each PRINTED sheet then file>page setup>sheet>rows to appear -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "LLeips" <LLeips@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95BADAB4-E7D1-487A-B283-360A3DACC7D4@microsoft.com... > I want the header to start on the second page. Other programs p...

report footers at bottom of page
How do I position a footer at bottom of page when the number of recods in the details section is variable? -- John John Vincent wrote: >How do I position a footer at bottom of page when the number of recods in the >details section is variable? In general, you can't. There are so many things that may be going on in a report (Can Grow, KeepTogether, the number of details, etc) that it is impossible to figure out if the report footer will fit on the same page or another page. In some restricted scenarios, it may be possible, but your best bet is to figure out ho...

Trendline and multiple data series
I have a scattergraph with four data series. Is there a way of inserting a trendline which covers all four series? Thanks in anticpation Create a helper column that combines all the data series ... Jerry Blackcat wrote: > I have a scattergraph with four data series. Is there a way of inserting a > trendline which covers all four series? > > Thanks in anticpation ...

Repairing multiple broken hyperlinks in Excel Spreadsheet
I have limited knowledge of Excel macro writing etc. but have inherited an Excel spreadsheeet with many hyperlinks to other worksheets on a server. They are performance management sheets for around 35 staff x 12 (months) plus quarterly, six monthly and annual) worksheets. Individual results aggregated to measure team performance etc. Everything working fine, but server is being relocated shortly and links will break. No problem to re-build the links using Find and Replace, but every worksheet is protected so has to be manually unprotected to allow this to happen (Don't they??). ...

Publisher doesn't let me edit anything from the master page
Anything on the Master Page is uneditable. I used the master page before to put stuff on every page and edit it individually. It won't let me select it on those individual pages if its on the master page. is there an option somewhere to allow changes to be made to the stuff on the master page after it's applied to a page?? -- -angry and frustrated customer JJ wrote: > Anything on the Master Page is uneditable. I used the master page > before to put stuff on every page and edit it individually. It won't > let me select it on those individual pages if its on the master...

Multiple (and I mean MULTIPLE) checkboxes
I've got a spreadsheet that uses a MULTITUDE of checkboxes (around 100 or so) equally spaced out in rows and columns. I need to format the cell link for EACH checkbox so that it links to the cell directly underneath each check box. Do any of you know a quick way to do this other than manually manipulating the "cell link" for each checkbox under "Format Control"? Thanks! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Assuming the checkboxes come from the Forms toolbar, you can use the following macro: Sub SetCellLink() Dim objCheckBox As CheckBox F...

POP email multiple duplicate downloads HELP!
Hi, ISP is SBC Global. I just installed Outlook 2003 yesterday and it keeps downloading ALL the mail I have in the SBC web inbox, even though I"ve marked them as "read" online, multiple times. Duplicate finder [bought and installed] doesn't recognize most of them as dupes. I've done "detect & repair," [got error 1311 source file not found; C:\msocache\allusers\90000409-60000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9\ZS561.CAB. Couldn't find that in my installation disk, either.] SBC says they do not support Outlook 2003 -- "it's too new." Superviso...

Number of Pages: A Better Way?
Word 2003 Windows Vista Business I'm trying to determine programmatically the number of pages in one document for use in another document. I've worked out that: NumberOfPagesInOtherDoc = OtherDoc.ActiveWindow.Panes(1).Pages.Count gets me what I want, and it is probably robust enough for my current needs. However, I'm wondering if there isn't a more efficient way. I recognise that the concept of "the number of pages in a document" is a somewhat fluid thing - influenced by stuff like the printer driver, etc. - but I somehow expected there to be a mo...

charting same cell across multiple tabs
How do you create a chart reference to that it will chart the same cell but across a range of tabs. Example, I have a years worth of tabs on a sheet, MMDDYYY, all with the same format on the sheet. I have a value that is in the same cell on each tab and I want to see the trend over several months, from tab x to tab y. I thought this would be the formula: ='08042003:10142003'!$R$4 But I get the error: reference not valid. Thanks, Ron. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from htt...

The page cannot be displayed
hi, i've recently installed CRM 3.0 but could not view it on my desktop via IE (the page cannot be displayed). but if i try to browse it on the server using IIS (right click the website and 'browse'), it works fine. i tried disabling the pop-up blocker on my PC but still the same error. any suggestions? thanks. bob What URL are you using to try to browse CRM? You said you can browse via IIS, so I take it that you can't browse it using IE even on your server. This likely means that you have to set up DNS entries and headers in your CRM website so that you can get to ...

how to have excel repeat a template on each page of each workshee.
i have created a template that i want to have on each page of each worksheet. is there command to make this happen/ You can create a new default template, with your preferred settings: Open a new workbook. Copy your template onto each worksheet Choose Save As From the Save As Type dropdown, choose Template (*.xlt) Name the File "Book.xlt" Save it in the XLStart folder (usually in Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office) When you click the New button on the toolbar, the new workbook will be based on this template. If you want new sheets to be inser...

Selecting multiple sheets to print to PDF
Can you see something inherently wrong with this code which is being executed from 1 excel file on another: Workbooks.Open Filename:="c:\File_2.xlsx", UpdateLinks:=3 xlfile_drive = "c\" temp_file_name = "Savename.xlsx" Workbooks("File_2.xlsx").Activate Sheets(Array("Investment Models E", "Open Models E")).Select Sheets("Investment Models E").Activate ActiveSheet.ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDF, Filename:= _ xlfile_drive & temp_file_name _ , Quality:=xlQualityStandard, ...

External Links and Multiple Instances
I am running Excel 2000 on Windows XP Professional. For a long time, I was able to open up files in separate windows and to create links between these files by typing "=" in a cell of the target sheet and then clicking on a cell in the source sheet. I recently installed a second monitor and video card on my computer. Since then, I have been unable to both open multiple instances and create links between those multiple instances. At first I was unable to create multiple instanced. I have managed to create multiple instances in three ways. First, I have gone to options - ge...

Multiple signatures for multiple mail accounts
Hi all I posted the question below on the OE6 newsgroup but came to the conclusion that OE6 cant really handle this very well so I thought I would ask the question here I'm trying to setup different signatures for multiple different accounts. I've setup 10 accounts and 10 signature files However when I start a new message it puts in the signature from the default account. If I then straight away change the "From" account......The signature does NOT change ? Surely if you can set different signatures for different accounts on the signatures tab in the tools menu .........

Multiple emails being sent out
I am running Outlook 2003 and I am having problems with outlook sending multiple copies of emails to my recipients. This is mainly happening when I use a distribution list. I have looked at the headers and they have different ESMTP id's that means that it is getting sent to the server twice. Yes, I have upgraded to the office SP1 patch. If anyone has any information to help me please email me at amccombs@bbbsky.org Adam McCombs <amccombs@bbbsky.org> wrote: > I am running Outlook 2003 and I am having problems with > outlook sending multiple copies of emails to my >...