Multiple colors transparent in picture-HOW?

I am trying to make multiple areas of a picture partially transparent, but am
unable to in Publisher.  What programs would allow me to make this change?
0
buannie (1)

If it is a bitmap, i.e. jpg, bmp and others, you need to use a photo editing
program. If it is a vector (.wmf) you can ungroup the image, select the area you
want partially transparent, right-click, click format object.
This link will take you to Paint.NET, it is a pretty good free program.
http://www.eecs.wsu.edu/paint.net/index.html

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"buannie" <buannie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to make multiple areas of a picture partially transparent, but am
> unable to in Publisher.  What programs would allow me to make this change?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/4/2006 2:38:36 PM
buannie <buannie@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> I am trying to make multiple areas of a picture partially
> transparent, but am unable to in Publisher.  What programs would
> allow me to make this change?

A paint program such as Paint Shop Pro.  You would need to change each of
the colours to a single transparent colour for the image if you were saving
as a transparent GIF.  You could use a PNG with an alpha layer, but there's
no guarantee that the transparency would print correctly.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)

picture in a footer
Does anyone know how to display a picture in a footer? I followed the workaround to get a picture in a row to repeat at top but can't figure out how to get a "logo" to repeat at the bottom or in a footer. Anyone??? Thanks in advance. I'm using excel 2000 Suz This feature was introduced in Excel 2002. Place the logo where you want it at bottom of a blank sheet. Print out a bunch of copies then use these in your printer tray. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 13:39:01 -0800, Suzgreive <Suzgreive@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does anyone know ...

SelectSingleNode with multiple namespaces (sort of)...
Hello all, I've been trying to figure this out for hours now... can anyone help? I have an XML document like this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <ICE:ServiceCall xmlns="ICE" xmlns:ICE="http://www.ice.net"> <ICE:Service name=""> <ICE:RetVal/> <ICE:ConnString/> <ICE:Params> <Subject>TEST</Subject> </ICE:Params> </ICE:Service> </ICE:ServiceCall> For the life of me, I cannot selectsinglenode() to the Subject. Here's the code: XmlNamespaceManage...

Inserting picture as a background
I inserted a picture as my background from my hard drive. Multiple images appeared in the document. I know that if you are working with a webpage it tiles so that the image appears on each page. But I am creating a brochure and only want 1 image. Has anyone else experienced this and do you have a solutionl. -- kbp When you use the Format >> background you will get tiling. Best to put an image on the Master Page and stretch it to fit. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Kimberley" <Kimberley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2123E93-DDEF-4...

Allow Multiple Values check box not showing up
I am trying to create a Multivalued Lookup Field. I am using the Lookup Wizard, but when I get to the place where is should let me choose to store multiple values for the lookup that section does not come up. I went online and printed the instructions off the help page so I know I am doing it right. Help! IMO, multivalued and lookup fields are not a good idea. You didn't mention what version of Access you are using. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "mschurter" wrote: > I am trying to create a Multivalued Lookup Field. I am using the Lookup > ...

Export data from the same cell from multiple spreadsheets into a n
Hi, I am working with weekly timeshets in Excel and I am using the same form every week, but save it as a file named "Timesheet 20100122" for a week ending on Fri, Jan 22, 2010 (Our accounting week period). Therefore the daily hours appear every week in the same cell. I would need to export these hours to another - summarizing - spreadsheet (For example and invoice spreadsheet) somehow automatically. Any help would be welcomed. Thanks for your help, Cheers, Try http://www.rondebruin.nl/merge.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm ...

Wrong colors keep printing when I use publisher. Why?
Can't seem to figure this out. Green prints out as purple, blue prints out as green...why? How can I correct it? It is probably your printer driver. What version Publisher? Are other applications printing okay? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "BA1976" <BA1976@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3DEE307-6C6C-4FF7-BAC4-CF816DB47C8B@microsoft.com... > Can't seem to figure this out. Green prints out as purple, blue prints out as > green...why? How can I correct it? Thanks!...

excel 2003
Hi, how to change color in color palette (menu Tools - Options - Color) forever not only for one active sheet? (Excel 2003) Thank for your help Milan Hi - change the color palette in a new workbook - save this workbook as 'book.xlt' template in your Excel startup folder -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Petrasek wrote: > Hi, > > how to change color in color palette (menu Tools - Options - Color) > forever not only for one active sheet? (Excel 2003) > > Thank for your help > > Milan Thanks, but this procedure doesn't work correctly. I create...

Why do I receive multiple emails?
When I receive an email into my in box I get the same message 3 times. All info is exactly the same including the time. Can anyone help me to get just one of those emails instead of 3 or more? Maybe a setting issue perhaps?? Thanks More likely you have an Anti-virus e-mail scanning add-in messing with you. Normal suggestion is to uninstall the A-V, and then re-install without the e-mail scanner. (it offers no additional protection) Billy1036fm wrote: > When I receive an email into my in box I get the same message 3 times. All > info is exactly the same includin...

Multiple rendering after one action
Hi There, Is it possible to render many reports with one link / action? I'm looking for any programmatically approach, which allows me to automatically renrder 25 reports to PDF/XLS Thanks in advance. michlimes Hi, You could use RS as a web service to trigger whatever you want. Seee http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms152787.aspx for details. -- Patrice "michlimes" <michlimes@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de groupe de discussion : E5B78CCB-7636-4FF8-80A3-7064C09DD9DE@microsoft.com... > Hi There, > > Is it po...

best database to use for multiple attendence at meetings
I need a database which lists a group attending meeteings weekly for 2 years and the date on which they attended alsoif they were overnight or day only attendees. thank you. Access will work fine. "peggysue43" wrote: > I need a database which lists a group attending meeteings weekly for 2 years > and the date on which they attended alsoif they were overnight or day only > attendees. > thank you. Peggy Sue. You've stated your need. Are we to assume that you expect "someone" to donate that database to you? Or do you want a template...

Alter a picture
Is it possible to ungroup an imported picture and make changes to it? I have a picture of a maple leaf and I would like to keep just the outline. Using Pub 2003, Windows XP Vanilla On 02 May 2004 12:41, "Vanilla" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to ungroup an imported picture and make changes to it? I >have a picture of a maple leaf and I would like to keep just the >outline. Using Pub 2003, Windows XP. >Vanilla Depends on the picture format. What format is the picture in? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.mvps.org/...

How do I select multiple rows randomly in MS Excel?
How do I select multiple rows randomly in MS Excel? Hi Select your first row and then hold down the Ctrl key while selecting the others. HTH Michael "Varun" wrote: > How do I select multiple rows randomly in MS Excel? "Varun" <Varun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > How do I select multiple rows randomly in MS Excel? Just another angle to the post's interp .. (with emphasis on "randomly") Here's an example set-up to play with .. Assume we have 6 rows of data below in Sheet1's A1:C6: Data1 Text1 Desc1 Data2 Text2 Desc2 Data3 Text...

[Exchange 2003] Same mailbox, multiple users
I need some users to share the same mailbox address; I tought about using public folders or distribution groups, but the main problem is the "From:" address when replying to a message: it will be the user's one, while I need it to be the shared one. So, I tought about the following system: - Create a "dummy" user (i.e. not actually used to log on to workstations) with a mailbox associated to the shared address - Grant full mailbox access on that mailbox to all the users who will be sharing it - Have the users log on to Exchange using the dummy user account, or hav...

creating a table with multiple columns
for a High School science project my daughter created a survey with 39 possible responses (3 groups of 13 responses in each group) the people taking the survey are supposed to pick the top 4 responses in each group (numbered 1-4, 1 being the highest). Other information is Age, grade and gender of the person taking the survey. What would be the best way to create the table and eventually charts to diplay the results of the survey? I was thinking of a flat table with a number in the cells correspondig to their answers but I have no idea how to create the charts or compare the answers w...

Choosing multiple items in a drop down list
Is there a way to allow a user to choose more than one item from a drop down list in excel? For example, if the column is titled "Groups Affected" and the drop down list has several groups, how can they choose more than one of those groups? Thanks for the help, Shad Not directly. You would have to write a macro to do so what some people do is to have several drop downs to cover the number of things The want to have. there are other ways to handle the situation also. depanding on what you want and need to do. The type of macro would depend how many itemsd you want to be abl...

Multiple Unrelated Queries In One Report or Form?
Hello guys, I've been tasked with generating a report for my boss that provides an overview of our core database statistics. This includes the total number of orders placed each month and the total value of orders placed each month. I also need to provide the same information for purchase orders, quotations and discrepancy reports. Each individual query is a piece of cake on its own but how can I display all of this information either in a form or preferably in a nicely formatted report? The queries are all completely unrelated so there's no way I can somehow joi...

Creating multiple charts
I am new to creating charts etc in Excel. I am compiling all the accident information for my church and I would like to have charts linked to this data to give a visual presentation of all the statistics collected. Can anyone tell me in plane english how I do this from a single large spreadsheet which contains all the data. select the data you want to use for the chart, click on the chart wizard icon on the toolbar & follow the wizard. -- John MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003 Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink ...

Outlook 2k Multiple Users
I just started a new job. My wife uses Outlook2k on our home computer now. The new job uses Outlook. Can we both use Outlook 2k on the same computer but have totally separate accounts ? (Notebook with WinXP Pro). If yes, how ? Thanks /pc Yes - see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olshare1.htm Phil Cunundrum wrote: > I just started a new job. My wife uses Outlook2k on our home computer > now. > > The new job uses Outlook. Can we both use Outlook 2k on the same > computer but have totally separate accounts ? (Notebook with WinXP > Pro). > > If yes, how ? ...

How do you create multiple inboxes Please advise
I would like some advice as to how to sove this problem. I have an ISP that lets me have multiple email addreses for my one ISP account. However all the different email accounts dump into my single outlook inbox. Is there a way for me to create a different inbox for each email address so it will sort my emails to the inbox reflecting the email account name? Thanks in advance Dirk "Dagger" <dirkd@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:Nk9oc.6206$KE6.5311@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net... > I would like some advice as to how to sove this problem. > I have an ISP that...

Multiple copies of a page
Hello, I have a report which needs to print two identical copies of each page and then a third largely-identical copy of some pages. What I have done is create a sub-report and add it three times to the report. Then in the Detail_Format event of the main report I make the third sub-report visible or invisible, depending on how many copies of the page we need. This is all working fine. The trouble I'm having is that, for the pages where we need three copies, the client wants certain fields on copy 3 to not be printed. I realize that I could create a separate sub-report to be used f...

Subform causes Main Form to show the same record multiple times
I have a form named Patients Info with a subform on it for Household Members. The Patients Info form is created from the table: Patients and the Household Members subform is created from the table:FedPovertyLevel. The table Patients is related to the table FedPovertyLevel in a one to many relationship. The problem I have is that when a second, third, etc Household Member is added, the button for the record selector on the main form now has to be clicked forward by the number of household members. For Example, if only one name is entered as a Household member, there is only ...

Office small business 2003 OUTLOOK multiple email accounts
Hello to all. I am running office 2003 as part of small business 2003. I have now 2 email accounts. The first is fine and working well. The second one I just set up and this will be used as the inbox for emails to be sent to from a "catch all" profile as set up from my ISP. I would like all the emails that arrive in the second email address to be placed into a seprate folder and not to be mixed up with emails from my 1st and original email address. I dont used Exchange server. Does anyone know how to do this? Use the Rules Wizard to sort mail items based on receiving account...

Excel 2007
I am not really sure what to call this or if it's even possible, can you freeze a row, then while scrolling down have the frozen row be replaced by another row that will be frozen and so on? For example: I freeze row 5 which has column headers. As I scroll down the spreadsheet I reach row 100, which has different column headers. Can the headers be replaced so now row 100 is frozen? But at the same time once I scroll back up above row 100 it would resort back to the headers in row 5.... Put the disparate data on sheet2 stew wrote: > I am not really sure what to...

Multiple Bins in eEntyerprise 7.0
Is anyone using the Multi Bin capabilities in Greta Plains? I've reviewed the on-line information but I'd like to get a users perspective such as how does Sales Orders handle allocations and is there consideration for Lot/Expiration dates? ...

Multiple IF in single cell
Hi, i`m newbi in Xcell. I want to calculate simple overtime If 5 Hours a day $20+ 2.50*B2 If between 5 to 7.30Hours then $25+3.00*B2 If more 7.30Hours and Less than 10Hours then $30+3*B2 <=5 = 20+2.50*B2 >=5:<=7.30 = 25+3*B2 >=7.30<=10 = 30+3.B2 i wrote like this =IF(B2<5,SUM(20+2.50*B2),"",IF(B2>5,SUM(25+3*B2),"",IF(B2<7.30,SUM(25+3*B2),"",IF(B2<7.30,SUM(30+3*B2),"",IF(B2>10,SUM(30+3*B2),"")))) There is Error Any Xperts... -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =IF(B2<5;SUM(20;(2,5*B...