MST Creation for Publisher 2003

Hi,

Wat is the best method of creating an MST for Customizing installation of
Offoce 2003?

I was going to use orktools.exe, Custom Installation Wizard, but as that's
for Office products, and Publisher 2003 is not an office product, I am
unsure...

Thanks,

Mike.
--
Application Packager\Software Deployment
0

Whoever told you that Publisher wasn't an Office application lied. (Sorry -
that's a bit of a sore spot with me. Publisher is often overlooked by
foolish people.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Meic" <Meic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Wat is the best method of creating an MST for Customizing installation of
> Offoce 2003?
>
> I was going to use orktools.exe, Custom Installation Wizard, but as that's
> for Office products, and Publisher 2003 is not an office product, I am
> unsure...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike.
> --
> Application Packager\Software Deployment

0
jl_paules (2768)

Outlook 2003 BCM and Exchange 5.5
Is Outlook 2003 BCM compatible with Exchange 5.5..? I installed it as an add on...and it doens't work. Any ideas/advice would be helpful. Thanx in advance. No, BCM doesn't work with Exchange. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Jim C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ab0701c3b85a$d85fcbb0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is Outlook 2003 BCM compatible with Exch...

Publisher template of a customer reply postcard
Where can I find a generic Publisher template for a customer reply postcard? I tried searching the templates on offfice.microsoft.com to no avail. There are postcard templates within Publisher. Surely you can adapt one of those. Only you know what folks are replying about. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Erik Quist" <Erik Quist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D68A9CA8-4FB5-447B-928F-CD72198BA33B@microsoft.com... > Where can I find a generic Publisher template for a customer reply...

Exchange 2003 Recovery
Helo NG, at this time we`ve Problems with our Exchange 2003 Server. It has been deleted a single Mailbox without a Bricklevel Backup. Now the last full Backup is from April 15th and the DB Logs are from 05.05 until today. Is it possible to recover the Database with this Logfiles into a different ADS/Exchange Organisation ? any suggestions...... thx So you have a deleted mailbox and you want to get it back, correct? Have you tried to use the Deleted Mailbox recovery: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF022.html -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msex...

Error with domain trusts
Morning all, I've struggling to establish domain traust between 2 Windows 2003 domain controllers: Domain A Domain Functional Level Windows 2003 Native Forest Functional Level Windows 2000 Domain B Domain Functional Level Windows 2000 Native Forest Functional Level Windows 2000 I've setup a DNS zone on each of the domains DC's as a secondary from it's opposite and zone transfers are working, I;ve also created an HOSTS file entry for both domains DC's on their opposits. When I validate the trusts I get this message: Domain B validating Domain A: ...

Converting Express to Outlook 2003
I have just recently switched from express to outlook 2003. When entering the first couple of letters from a contact in my address book the name does not automatically appear as it does in express. How can I fix this problem? I have already imported all email addresses from express to outlook. The auto-complete addresses will be available after you first enter the address. This is different from OE. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After fur...

Excel 2003
When I click on the end of a formula in a cell, I usually get all the associated cells highlighted with different coloured borders. I have one workbook with several sheets where this no longer happens on just one sheet. Is there some option I need to turn on in the sheet to make the coloured cell borders appear? Or might it be something to do with very recently using automaic update to bring my Office 2003 up to date? Any assistance much appreciated. Tom Walker You should always get *exactly* the same actions if you would click in the formula bar. As far as having the cell itself h...

Excel 2003
Hi all Excel Gurus, I need help. I have an excel workbook with a sheet called template and i want to create a button to copy a selection of data which is B9:B34 and i need it to paste the information to another excel workbook with a sheet called data which will be A:AA and add each row when pressed. When the data has been copied over i need it to close the data sheet. Can someone help me please? When you copy a range of cells you only have to specify in the destination l;ocation the 1st cell of the range like I did below. Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() FName ...

Outlook 2003 & CRM 3.0 connection error after install.
I am having trouble getting Outlook to connect to my crm server using the laptop installation version. When opening Outlook, I get the error "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM Server." I have tried uninstall and then reinstall but no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting this issue resolved? Thanks! I have found that if you have any kind of pop-up blocker, the Outlook client will throw an error like that (after waiting for a long time). In my case, I disabled the built-in pop-up blocker that comes with XPsp2 and then it was fine. To ch...

How to set publisher 2007 as default program...
I have publisher 2007 and 2003 installed on my computer (my company wants to keep the old version in case the new version doesnt work out). Everytime I open one of my Publisher (.pub) files, it opens in Publisher 2003. My question is, how do I set all my .pub files to open in Publisher 2007 not 2003. I have searched high and low and cannot find an answer. I have already attempted set the program default, but it does nothing. (I Right-clicked, properties, Change Default program... Publisher 2007 is not listed. I browsed for the .exe file for Publisher 2007 (which has the same name as th...

SBS 2003: adding Exchange services to Outlook 2003
On 3 out of 8 new computers added to the domain, I am unable to add the Exchange service to Outlook 2003 for the shared public folders and contacts. I receive the following message: "The action could not be completed. The connection to the MS Exch Srvr is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete the action." All other services are availabe to these "problem" users: One of these users was an existing user that received a new workstation; the other 2 users are new as are their workstations. Any thoughts? Thanks. Michael In news:1D0046BA-38...

downloaded emails disappear in Outlook 2003
Hi I've noticed that emails disappear in Outlook2003 (my pst file was 300 Mo). I have deleted a lot of emails and now my pst file is 200 Mo but I still have the emails disappear. Any idea on the origin of that problem? Thanks Faith Check to see if you have a view applied or if you are sorting by the icon. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Faith@yaho...

Outlook Web Access Problems (SBS 2003)
Wonder if any one can help... We use Outlook Web Access and until last week we have never had any problems.... (SBS 2003) I get to the login screen and put my username and password in and I get the error "You could not be logged on to Outlook Web Access. Ensure that your user name and password are correct, and then try again." I've tested the login as both the user the admininstrator and internally on the server and I get the same problem... I'm not aware that we have installed any new apps or made any changes recently Any ideas....?, the users just seem to have los...

help in publisher and can't see the page tab on the bottom
I can't view my page tabs so I can't move btw pages in my publisher file- i know they are there for i see it in Print Preview but how do I get the tool bar on the bottom back? Mercy0986 wrote: > I can't view my page tabs so I can't move btw pages in my publisher > file- i know they are there for i see it in Print Preview but how do > I get the tool bar on the bottom back? ============================ For Publisher 2003 or earlier: Go to.....View / Status Bar For Publisher 2007...have a look at the following article: Where is the Page Sorter (status bar) in Publish...

Exchange 2003 mount public db
Hi, I have Exchange 2003 SP2 on SBS Server. On of my customer losed old mail on a public folder and I need to restore emails. I have the database file that contains the emails but i wouldn't stop exchange mount the old db (DBOLD) create e pst of email, dismount the db and mount the official db. It's too dangerous! Then I reinstall the same machine on a server with the same domain, organization, Admnistrative group of Exchange. Dismount the original db and I try to mount the db of the other server (DBOLD). I receive an error like this: The information store could not be loaded bec...

Exch 2003 SP2
Following the typical procedures below I am able to update one node at time of the Exchange 2003 servers to SP2. As per recommendation below, I applied Exch2003 SP2 to one offline Node1. Then when I attempt to "move resources" to node Node2, I noticed that failover doesn't complete - Systems Attendant fails to get started. In my pre-production environment, I was able to instal the Exch2003 SP2 only upon taking the resources "offline" in the Cluster administrator tool. Then I was able to install the Exch2003SP2 on both nodes, upgrade the Virtual Exchange server an...

Default Language in Outlook 2003
Hi, How do I set the default spell check language? (Outlook 2003 running on Win XP professional). I keep setting it to default UK, but it stays as US, how can I permantley removed the US option?, I don't even have the US language in 'Regional and Language Option'. Thanks ...

GP Dynamics 9 and Windows 2003 Service Pack 2
If we install Windows 2003 service pack 2, would this interfer with our current version of GP Dynamics 9.0? Chris, Should be no problem, we have customers running it with GP 9.0. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25D4E1BA-CF22-45EE-97F2-9BE2244D590D@microsoft.com... > If we install Windows 2003 service pack 2, would this interfer with our > current version of GP Dynamics 9.0? thank you for quick response.... much appreciated! "Victoria [MVP]" wrote: > Chris, ...

Open Quark files in Publisher??
Is there any possible way to open a Quark file in Publisher? Hi MarkG (markg@jflv.org), in the newsgroups you posted: || Is there any possible way to open a Quark file in || Publisher? Nope. You would have to: 1. Attempt to use a copy/paste or drag/drop 2. Export the Quark pages as images supported by Publisher and insert them as images. 3. Export the Quark publication as a Word/RTF/Text item (less the images) and import the text only into Publisher 4. Export the Quark publication as a PDF, the go to ScanSoft.com and get the PDF software for Word/Publisher that allows you to import PDF...

Outlook 2003 won't start under Windows 7
Reinstalled Office 2003 after converting to W7. This error message appears immediately after starting OL: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The information store could not be opened." Try; Start Run Outlook.exe /resetnavpane (space between exe /) "Kay" <Kay@kayknapp.com> wrote in message news:eYf7cZufKHA.2184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Reinstalled Office 2003 after converting to W7. This error message > appears immediately after starting OL: > > "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The information store ...

Outlook 2003
My girlfriend is having a problem with Outlook 2003, where after the program has been running for a half-hour or so, and opens a new letter, the message pane loses focus and ends up BELOW the main Outlook window, instead of in front of it. The result is that the only way she can read the letter is to minimize the main Outlook window -- which isn't really an ideal solution, and rather a pain the butt. If she shuts down Outlook, then restarts it, all is fine again ... until another half- hour or so later. It's very frustrating. Anybody have any theories here? I'm guessin...

Problem with Outlook 2003 BCM and offline files
Hello! I have a client with SBS 2003 and Outlook 2003. Whenever he logs off if his LAN workstation, he gets an error stating "Offline files (\\server\Users) Unable to make 'Contact Management database [1].MDB available offline on (UNC to his My Docs). Files of this type cannot be made available offline." As a side note, has anyone had trouble with Google Groups searches lately, say in the last week? I can search for items inside quotation marks such as "files of this type cannot be made available offline" and I get few hits, sometimes none. If I search without q...

Publisher 2007's PDF converter removes transparency from pictures.
Hello, I really would appreciate any help in the following issue. I have some gif pictures in my publisher 2007 document that are transparent (tried this with png pictures too). Everything looks good when I print the document to a printer. But if I use Microsoft's built-in PDF converter then the transparancy becomes "white" and that is not good. My printer requires a PDF and can't work from publisher 2007 files. Any suggestions on how to STOP publisher from getting rid of the transparency?? Thanks! I'm not seeing this. When you move the image over another obje...

Outlook 2003 font ?
Is it possible to change the font of the "Outlook Today" Folder? XYZ man Doubtful. It's a HTML file embedded in a resource DLL. -- Josh Einstein / Tablet PC MVP Einstein Technologies, LLC ----------------------------------------------------- Tablet Enhancements for Outlook 3.0 Now Available Unleash the potential of Outlook on your Tablet PC, Origami, or UMPC. Try it for 15 days - http://www.tabletoutlook.com/Go.ashx?id=ng "XYZ man" <xyzman@optonline.net> wrote in message news:uTadLFjyGHA.3908@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to change the font of ...

Exchange 2003 SP2 db size limits
I have an Exchange 2003 install that was upgraded to SP2 some months ago. It was my understanding the SP2 raised the db size limit to 75Gb, but I recently had the following error: Product: Exchange Event ID: 1216 Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Version: 6.5.6940.0 Component: Microsoft Exchange Information Store Message: The Exchange store 'THA\Mailbox Store (SRV_1)' is limited to 18 GB. The current physical size of this database (the .edb file and the .stm file) is 17 GB. If the physical size of this database minus its logical free space exceeds the limit of 18 GB, the da...

Outlook 2003 removes hyperlinks during mail merge to email
Hi All, I'm pretty sure I am in the right forum, but in using Outlook 2003 SP2, and Word as the email editor, in the last email I sent out to our staff, the email links were removed, and the names they were attached to were just plain text, no 'clickable' email hyperlink. A member of our staff has been experiencing the same thing with Outlook 2002. Does anybody know what might be going on, or what needs to be fixed? Thanks in advance, --Jim Can you provide exact steps to add a hyperlink to a merge document so = that we can try to reproduce the problem on another m...