mspub.exe process continues running slowing computer down

Often when I exit Publisher, my computer will slow down dramatically and
processor usage will spike to 100%. When I look at the running processes, I
notice that mspub.exe is still in the list and it is using 95%+ of the
available resources. If I end that task, then everything goes back to normal.

This doesn't happen every time I exit Publisher, just every now and then. It
is frustrating when it does happen though.
0
mark564 (750)

Setup.exe problematic with Vista and Windows7
Hello, I have been having a problem with Vista and Windows seven with asking permission each login to run Setup.exe. Somehow I identified the problem with a compatibility issue. The network administrator set this to run in the login script: c:\Windows\system32>\\ASAMS1\Clients\Setup\setup.exe / ASAMS1 Where ASAMS1 is a server. What is setup.exe for and how do I get around the compatibility issue? Thank you for you help and God Bless, Mark A. Sam ...

Run time error after performing Z report
I have a user that has reported the following error message after performing a Z report on 3 tills: "Runtime ERror 2147217873 (80040E2F) Violation of primary constraint cannot duplicate key in object item" Now, I *think* she is doing something after running the Z report, though I don't know what. She has said something vague about sending files to the others (?) but I really don't know what she has done. As far as I know the tills weren't offline or anything like that, but I guess it can't be ruled out. Has anyone come across this error before or have a cl...

Running Totals for Pivot Tables
Hello I have a pivot table with months across the top and version as the row:- Data Version Jul Aug Sept Oct 1 1 4 7 10 2 2 5 8 11 3 3 6 9 12 Just wondered if it is possible to add cumulative totals to a pivot table? ie. Data Version Jul Aug Sept Oct 1 1 4 7 10 2 2 5 8 11 3 3 6 9 12 Cumulative 1 1 5 12 22 Thanks Lesley Make your pivot table and then use menu Insert/Calculated Field. You can n...

how do i set up automatically calculate or run expressions
im trying to program something and im trying to create expression on form but it wont do it... i always have to go to properties then exit before the expressions i made take effect...any body can help me On Tue, 4 Dec 2007 18:03:01 -0800, help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >im trying to program something and im trying to create expression on form but >it wont do it... i always have to go to properties then exit before the >expressions i made take effect...any body can help me Not unless you tell us what you...

Computed value returning#VALUE
I have a computed value =TRIM(MID(SUBSTITUTE(U3,",",REPT(" ",255),2),FIND(",",U3)+1,255)) that pulls the date out of a string of text. In this case, the date is returned because their is data in U3. However, when I have columns that do not have data, it returns a #VALUE. Is there a way to get around this. The column being referenced is also a computed value, so I am wondering if that is the case. Try this... =IF(U3="","",TRIM(MID(SUBSTITUTE(U3,",",REPT(" ",255),2),FIND(",",U3)+1,255))) -- Bif...

can i get a cell to countdown with the computer clock in excel
i am in iraq and would like to create a countdown calendar to track the minutes hours and seconds i have left in IRAQ. i want to try to link it to the computer clock to continously recalculate. i have it now where if i hold F9 down it will recalculate but i want it to doo it as soon as i open it. any word of wisdome would help. I have created an example that you can download at http://cjoint.com/?bbnwuqkjEE -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Fastfred" <Fastfred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D773280-75C3-4540-...

SearchProtocolHost.exe
Greetings, In the last day or two, I have had freqent, but irregularly timed Critical Stop audio warnings. I cannot associate with an action on my part. Once they continued every second or so to the extent I rebooted the system. This morning, I had another series of Critical Stops, so went to the Event Log where it reveals the culprit to be SearchProtocolHost.exe with Exception Code 0xc0000005. These occurred once a second and there were a series of about 12 faults. As I write, I am receiving a non-stop series, about one per second. It finally stopped after dozens of time...

get screen dib image slow
//I want catch the screen bitmap ,change it to dib,it cost 0.6 second.it is slow.code is below: CRect rc; HWND hDesktopWnd= ::GetDesktopWindow(); ::GetWindowRect(hDesktopWnd, &rc); int width=rc.Width(); int height=rc.Height(); HDC hdc = ::GetDC(hDesktopWnd); HBITMAP hBmp = CreateCompatibleBitmap(hdc, width,height); HBITMAP holdBmp=(HBITMAP)::SelectObject (MemoDC,hBmp); BitBlt(MemoDC, 0 , 0,width, height, hdc, 0, 0, SRCCOPY); LPBITMAPINFO pbmi; pbmi->bmiHeader.biWidth =width; pbmi->bmiHeader.biHeight =height; GetDIBits (MemoDC,hBmp,0,height...

ie8 is extremely slow for javascript
i have been using javascript (jQuery and prototype javascript) for developing a webpage which works extremely well on Firefox and Google Chrome. Any javascript operation is done instantaneously on Firefox and Google Chrome, but the same operation take few seconds to be executed on IE. Even the event handlers are very smooth on other browsers and they seem to be buggy on IE. Developer-specific resources include: MSDN IE Development Forum (post such questions here instead) http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/iewebdevelopment/threads Tip: When posting in Developer for...

Which version of ESE.DLL and ESEUTIL.EXE
I have DPM2007 running on Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise (64-bit). I am trying to protect an Exchange 2003 SP2 server (32-bit). Which version of the ESE.DLL and ESEUTIL.EXE files do I need and where can I get them from? I keep getting inconsinstency erors and loads of ESE errors using the 32-bit version from Exchange 2003 and I have a 64-bit version form a SBS2008 box, but get "DPM encountered a retryable VSS error. (ID: 30112)" and a consistency check imediately fails. HELP! You can copy the eseutil.exe and ese.dll from your exchange server to the DPM server. Th...

transferring money from one computer to another
Folks, I just got this laptop which I really like, but unfortunately, I can't figure out how to get my MS Money program (not the files-- that's a no-brainer) to my new computer. I downloaded the program and did not get the CD for it. Is there a way to do it? Both of these computers are mine, so I should be able to, but I can't figure it out. Thanks! Govind... There are almost no apps that can be moved from one machine to another these day. Almost all require having the installation routines. This is why I always recommend against "download" installations. &qu...

Slow SCR replay time
Our scr servers are playing logs very slowly. The logs are on the server but about 3700 logs (about 3 days worth) are yet to be played. The health check reveals this: "Standby Continuous Replication for storage group 'email05\email05- sg04' on computer 'MSXSCR02' has configured replay lag time of 01:00:00 and a replay queue length of 2335. However, log replay is actually behind by a period of 1.18:40:40.4694005 which is greater by more than the Failure window of 01:00:00. Either log replay is slow or is not making progress. Please investigate further" ...

Lock batch while processing
Is there a way (GP 7.5 / SQL 2000) to lock a batch while processing the orders to invoices ? Also - to keep the batch locked until the invoices post ? We have several sales people that will log in to orders, and the transfer process will stop. Is there a way to prevent this ? ...

Outlook very slow to start on one machine, not on other
Outlook on my desktop computer has gotten ridiculously slow to start up; yet, I got a new laptop and imported the PST file into Outlook on that machine a couple months ago, and it remains very fast. We're talking several minutes to start up on the desktop, and a few seconds on the laptop, with the same accounts, same settings, same email folders, etc. Same version of Windows (XP-Pro), Office 2003 on both machines. The desktop PC has plenty of CPU power, storage, and memory. I reformatted the drive on my desktop in September and reloaded all software, but Outlook is really slow to get goi...

CreateProcess spwaning a batch file versus spawning an exe
I need to control the startup and the kill of a process by using the CreateProcess call. I will call the spwaned process as App.exe and as App.bat. App.exe is responsible to set a TCP/IP connection to a remote board and send thru RPC calls. My App.bat is written as follows: APP_ENV= value start App.exe arg1 arg2 arg3 1-- If I set up my App.exe with a batch file as App.bat and do CreateProcess (NULL, "App.bat", .....) App.exe gets spawned and works as expected, ie it sets the TCP/IP connection (s) it needs and does the RPC calls. 2-- ...

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.2 (Jaguar) Processor: Power PC Hi, I have tried 3 times (unsuccessfully) to load a new copy of MS Office 2008 for MAC - Product ID 92715-501-8109773-12081 onto my daughter's MAC OS 10 It has removed the previous version of Office, I had all other applications shut down (including Messenger) jsut in case - and loaded well all the way through to the next to last step - when it went to check for Auto Updates - it cam back to mactopia website and stopped!! IS there a way to load in a custom manner that coudl 'bypass' that step - or do I need...

Installing "Run Integration" for IM 10.0
Is it possible to have the “Run Integration” (Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.IntegrationManager.IMRun.exe) installed without installing Integration Manager in its entirety? Thanks you! Craig, It will not work. -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP "Craig" wrote: > Is it possible to have the “Run Integration” > (Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.IntegrationManager.IMRun.exe) installed without > installing Integration Manager in its entirety? > > Thanks you! While you cannot install just the IMRun.exe portion, you can certainly install the entire Integration Manager application an...

Continuous "recovered Items" but no other faults
Hi, running WLM 14.0.8089.0726, on win7 and every time I run it, there is a new recovered items folder created. Within the subforlder (date/time etc), there is a directory structure matching an old (recently) imported folder (eg recovered items->01-28-2010 21-46-00 -> Storage Folders -> imported Folder -> Local Folders -> inbox etc) but no actual email. The real imported folder no longer exists. I'm not shutting down the PC, and WLM isn't showing any other problems (other than reloading Quick View every couple of times. I've tried forcing a maintai...

Processing "Control + C" keys in RichTextBox.KeyDown()
Hi there, I'm using a RichTextBox to create a custom editor, my class inherits from it. I've set to false the property ShortcutsEnabled and I need to handle the combination of keys Control + C. I've tried it in many ways using the modifiers of the KeyEventArgs, using GetKeyboardState(), using GetKeyState() in the RichEdit KeyDown event but it doesn’t work. I think the problem is that when the user press both keys the event is not fired for some reason, because if I check for the control key only it works and the same for the C key but when both are pressed it does...

Slow Corporate Mode Outlook Outbox, OWA and IMAP is OK
Hey guys, I've been puzzling over this one for a few days now, hopefully someone can shed some light on my problem. I have an Exchange 2000 server running on a Standard Windows 2000 Server. Last week, all of a sudden, messages being sent using Outlook in Corporate mode would delay messages from being delivered from the Outbox. The average delay, from what I have witnessed, is between 2-3 minutes (external and internal). ** Messages sent using OWA work as usual, and messages sent using Outlook Express set to IMAP work as usual ** From the SMTP logs, I can see that the communication wi...

Run time error #2
I have just started getting a Run Time error message when I shut down Outlook. I just recently cleaned up cookies, my cache, and other Internet files. What gives? How do I make this go away and just return to normal? Help! ...

Can Someone please help me with my Computer stuff? 54456
I use the computer and the Net on a regular basis but I don't know a whole lot about it all, especially when it gets technical. I have an Acer Aspire AM5100-U5300A. I would like to speed this computer up, I would like a very good grasphics card without spending a fortune. Once I find out what I need I willo just go to ebay but I don't know what kind of meory, cards and such are compaitble with my machine. Help please. Virgina ghtpl@yahoo.com http://ipods-imacs.com $Km^*uPfOB/>xtLfNt>%>/O/a Virginia Have you tried to post this to the windowsxp.hardware group whe...

Running append query on recordset
I would like an append query to run when a button is clicked, but only on the items that are diplayed in the form. So if someone has a filter on a group of records, and then they click the button, all of the records that are selected will be sent to the append qry. Can anyone tell me the correct way to select many records in a multi-page form. Each page is a product and I am trying to add information for each product. Example: rs = Me.recordset INSERT INTO tblAcqDetail ( Quantity, PriceEach, ProductID ) SELECT rs.[txtQty] AS txtQty, rs.[txtCost] AS txtCost, rs.[txtProductID] AS tx...

query too slow
i have a table with 500000 records. it consists of pricelists from various suppliers so i have duplicate products with diffrent prices and supplier information. i want to create a query that retrieves only the minimum price offer for each product. i have created a query with the following sql statement to retrieve minimum prices: SELECT [Suppliers-tbl].Manufacturer, [Suppliers-tbl].Item, [Suppliers-tbl].[PART number], Min([Suppliers-tbl].[Net Price]) AS [MinOfNet Price] FROM [Quotation-tbl] INNER JOIN [Suppliers-tbl] ON [Quotation-tbl].ID = [Suppliers-tbl].ID WHERE ((([Quota...

remupd.exe error
Does anyone know what this file is? I just received an error that this file encountered a problem and must close. I have Outlook 2002. Tks! KDenton <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know what this file is? I just received an > error that this file encountered a problem and must > close. I have Outlook 2002. A quick Google search turns up likely descriptions. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak f...