MS Word Formatting

When I start a document and use font size 36 on the first
page and go to the second page and change the font it
changes it on the first page.
Also when I highlight a few words to bold or underline it
bold or underlines everything in the whole document.
Does anyone know where I change this setting??  HELP
PLEASE!
0
anonymous (74722)

For Word you need to go to the Word Newsgroup.
If this is an issue in Publisher with an imported Word document, you need to
give substantially more information.
What is the version of Windows, Publisher and Word involved.
Is this a Template you are using, and what type of document is it.

donotknock (1941)

Userform Textbox Format Problem
I'm having a problem with the formatting of a textbox on a userform. Basically, I have the text box linked to a cell that shows a percentage. However the text box shows the value in the "Scientific" format. Is there a way that I can make the text box show the value exactly as I have it in my workbook? If not, is there a way to format it so that it appears the way I want it to appear? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Maybe you could just drop the linked cell (called the controlsource in a userfor...

CELL FORMATTING #9
WHY IS MY CELL FORMAT AT WORK DISPLAYED PROPERLY AS -1,500.OO IS DISPLAYED AS (1,500.00) AND WHEN i DO IT AT HOME Ii CANNOT GET THE CLOSEST I GOT IS -1,500.00 is there a diffence between the formatting cell options between Excel's programs.. Thanx. Hi Bumpa! Excel takes it from your Windows Regional options. Use: Start > Settings > Control Panel > Regional options Change the negative number format You'll find that you now have () options. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classific...

NUMBER FORMAT #9
CREATE A NEW NUMBER FORMAT SO THAT THE SELECTED DATES WILL APPEAR ONLY AS THE FULL NAME OF THE DAYS OF THE WEEK. ...

Conditional Formatting Problem #7
Is there a way to make conditonal formatting work when there is a formula in the cell? Conditional foramtting works if there is no formula in the cell. If one sheet is linked to another that doesn't work either. Is there a way to get around this? Under conditonal formatting there is a conditon "formula is." What would you put in there to have the cell format they you would like? There are two different things: a) the cell, containing a cell formula, a value or nothing b) the condition, containing a boolean formula (formula is) - b) can refer to a), but a) referring to a...

Can not get Excel macros to save chart format -lost in space!
Help??? I've been searching this forum for 5 days trying to find a problem similar to what I am having without any luck. I have been trying to use Excel macro to record the creation, formating and saving of a simple bar chart against my Excel data range but the macros do not run for the chart. I am able to creat the charts okay but the macro craps out when I run it. I keep getting " Set ActiveChart = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(Chart1)" type errors as if it's not recognizing the chart that I just made. I am an advanced Excel person BUT not so with VB coding. ...

Microsoft Word crop function
When using the Picture toolbar and the crop function in Word (Word 2002 SP3), what is the most practical way to decrease the coarseness of the cropping of an image? Previously, I was using the freeware 20/20 image editing program to rubberband an image with the mouse and could easily paste it into a Word or PowerPoint file using Windows XP Professional 32-bit at my workplace. We've gone to XP 64-bit and the 20/20 image editing program doesn't work. Does someone know of a licensed image editor that is compatible with XP 64-bit if no other method is practical through cro...

MS Publisher
My brother sent me a paper that was written using ms publisher, but when I open it all I can display is the front page. Do I have to use the side bar to view each page? What version of Publisher do you have. You should see a small representation of pages at the bottom (right-ish) portion of the screen, clicking on the page numbers will display that page. CTRL-Pg Up/Down will also changes pages. -- James Bart: "According to creationism, there were no cavemen." Homer: "Well good riddance, their drawings sucked and they all looked like hippies!" "...

place a comma after every word
I have a list : car bar top list bin funny time this I need to have a comma after each word-- car, bar, top, list, bin, funny, time, this, Thanks You could try this: =CONCATENATE(A1)(", ")(A2)(", "), etc. Then copy column and Paste Values. -- moe10134 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ moe10134's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27094 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=544460 for each c in selection c.value=c & "," next c to put to...

What graphic format?
Are the graphs that Excel make Metafiles, Bitmaps, or are they Vector graphics? -- Siberian ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Siberian's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25361 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=389050 ...

Conditional Formatting #4
Hello All How would one go about conditional formatting Sheet 2 A1 if Sheet 1 A1 said TRUE ?? Thanks in advance Ian ...

WTF is wrong with MS Money 2007 Updates?
For the past few days the updating of pportfolio prices has been intermittent. This morning, an hour after the market has opened, the prices have still not updated. Anybody else having this problem? Anyone have a clue @ what the problem is? I usually find the program helpful, but sometimes it can be a real PITA. Tx, FD 90% of my portfolio update requests also fail - the online update arrows just spin endlessly. Like you, this has been happening for several days. Updates used to be pretty much rock-solid - no more. Using MS Money Plus Deluxe. Dave "FumDuk" wrote: > ...

Local OLAP cubes in Excel/MS Query
Hi Can someone please recommend some good book or web page about creating local OLAP cubes using MS Query. I have some data in Access that I want to work with using cubes. Kind regards IgorM http://wang.se/en/CreateOLAPCube.html/ Ed Ferrero Hi Thanks for response. Unfortunately I still don't know if the show-details-after-double-click feature is available in pivottables linked to OLAP cubes. I tried all three connection types. With the two first options (rebuild at once and rebuild when needed) I still cannot make the pivot table to create a sheet on the fly and provide detai...

Formatting toolbar disappeared: Reposted, no answer
This issue still has not been resolved. The thread seems to have dropped, so I am reposting it. Below are the previous answers: Thanks, -- df ------------------------------------------------------------- Can't use Word as editor, still using Office 2000. Waiting for next version. HTML is the default mail format. New message | Right click on toolbar | No "Formatting" toolbar is listed. "Standard" and "Customize" are the only choices. That is the problem. Why does it not appear on the list? Thanks, -- df "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Workaround for Opening Word 6 Files (other than File>Open)?
Hi all, I know in Word 2008 I can open my Word 6 files using File>Open. This works fine but annoys the heck out of me. MS has made a "security" choice here that is about *their* security from possible lawsuits, not *my* security from possible phishers. Sheesh, I am trying to look at my dissertation; no one has embedded dangerous code in it! So, my question is: Is there a workaround for this? Ideally there'd be a preference to turn off this "feature," but I'm sure there isn't one. Alternately, perhaps a way to batch change the document type on o...

surveys in ms crm 4.0
we want to develop a survey application in ms crm 4.0 . IS there any way to do it ??? If yes then how ?? thanks in advance If this is a "permanent survey" like a customer satisfaction survey sent after each resolved case, then you can create a custom entity and link it to the relevant entity (case in this example). Secondly, create a custom aspx application which collects this survey information and uses the CRM web services to create a record for that. "nafees ahmed" wrote: > we want to develop a survey application in ms crm 4.0 . IS there any way to > do ...

How to see P&L for individual lot of stock in MS 05
Is there a report available in MS Money Premium 05 that shows the P&L for each lot of a stock holding? Ex. let's say I bought lot A, 100 shares of Microsoft at $20 and then, one week later, another 50 shares, lot B, at $30. If Microsoft is $25, lot A has a profit of $500 ($25-$20*100) and lot B has a loss of $250. Money 05 shows me a total profit of $250 in Microsoft stock in a few portfolio views but the real information for tax planning purposes is that I have a lot I can sell with a $250 tax loss. Or, if I have a $500 gain in my portfolio for the year, I can sell lot A and...

Hyperlink from Word to PDF
Is there a way to create a hyperlink in Word to a specific part in a PDF? -- Sherry Vinturella Hello Sherry Sherry wrote: > Is there a way to create a hyperlink in Word to a specific part in a PDF? I got this originally from pdfzone.com: - using the PDF page numbers: http://www.myServer.com/myFolder/myFile.pdf#page=8 - using the Named destinations: http://www.myServer.com/myFolder/myFile.pdf#myNameddestination see also: http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/acrobat/PDFOpenParams.pdf Opening the PDF at this location only seems to be working when it's ...

when sending e-mail using word says interface not recgonised!!
when sending new e-mails using word as editor. on sending e-mail get error message saying interface not recgonised can any one help as i'm a new outlook user. Your Word version must match your Outlook version or you cannot use Word as editor. You can't use Word 2000 or XP with Outlook 2003. "matt clarke" wrote: > when sending new e-mails using word as editor. on sending e-mail get error > message saying interface not recgonised can any one help as i'm a new outlook > user. matt clarke <mattclarke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > when sendi...

Copy data from Word macro to excel
I am working on a combined Word and Excel sheet (Both 2000 version) What I am trying to do is capture information in Word in an Userform The information that is entered in the form is then used to fill out word document that can be send to a customer. However this information also needs to be entered into an excel sheet currently that is done manually. But I would like to automate that wit a macro. The data that is being captured is in the following form: -If bolOKButtonPressed Then WordBasic.SetDocumentProperty "ProjectTitle", 0 UserForm1.ProjectTitle.Value, 2 WordBasic.SetD...

Split text cell into seperate colums without splitting up a word
I have text cells with sentences ranging from 0 to 160 characters long. I want to break these into 40 character chunks (in separate cells), but don't want to split any word in half. ie, if the 40 char mark is in the middle of the work, I want to go backwards, find where the word starts and split from that point. It's exactly like a wrap text -- but I want to split those lines up into separate cells. thanks kaf If your sentence were in A1, use these 4 formulas: B1: =LEFT(A1,MAX((MID(A1,ROW(INDIRECT("1:40")),1)=" ")*ROW (INDIRECT("1:40")))) C1: =LEF...

Resetting MS CRM Sales for Outlook 1.2 Contacts synchronization
Hi, We have a few clients that have either deleted the synchronized contacts in the local contact folder or aren't getting the ones they are supposed to since the 1.2 update. Two questions on this: Where is the information on contacts that are deleted locally kept to prevent the re-sync, specifically ? How do we reset this ? We have tried reinstalling per the KB without success. Any help would be appreciated. Seems strange this isn't documented somewhere. Thanks, Gary Dear Gary, I found your query in search for a similar problem. Before coming across my current problem I us...

Excel should have a "Change Case..." menu Item like Word!!
See the subject, I know you can set up a formula to do it I want a button! PLEASE, for years I've just wanted to change case on the fly, YEARS! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3c7554c...

Force English formatting
I have an application used by both English and European clients. This is significant because often when European clients are entering Data into the TextBoxes, they will accidentally enter it in the format that they are used to: 1,000.00 in EU formatting = 1.000,00. This of course screws up my whole application. How should I go about safe-guarding this from happening? More Info: What I'm looking for is not a way to safe-guard entering the info in the TxtBox wrong, but more of a way to convert it if it is sitting in the cell wrong upon Worksheet Open... Some European clients enter d...

need some help with: formatting of x2 dates in 1 cell
Hi and thanks to anyone who reads this. I have a worksheet which contains two columns of dates. In a second worksheet i have a column which adds the two dates together as TEXT and ommits dates which are blank which works perfectly, however: I would like to know how i could format each of the 2 dates in the 1 cell to have different font colors? Here is my existing cell formula: =IF('Data'!E2=0,"",(TEXT('Data'!E2,"dd/mm/yy"))&" "&IF('Data'!F2=0,"",TEXT('Data'!F2,"dd/mm/yy"))) I have a feeling its not...

Problem after MS Update KB978207
Hi All, After installing KB978207 we found we had no network connection and IPSec eventId: 7023. Has anyone else installed this yet or found a solution to this? Thanks, Nick My guess is this is that old DNS reserved ports issue that can happen randomly on any reboot and has nothing to do with KB978207. Make sure you add the DNS reservation patch to fix your IPSec booting issue: http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2009/03/11/sbs-2003-and-dns-patch-issues-revisited.aspx -- Allan Williams Nick wrote: > Hi All, > > After installing KB97820...