MS Publisher

My brother sent me a paper that was written using ms publisher, but when I
open it all I can display is the front page. Do I have to use the side bar to
view each page?

What version of Publisher do you have.

You should see a small representation of pages at the bottom (right-ish)
portion of the screen, clicking on the page numbers will display that page.

CTRL-Pg Up/Down will also changes pages.
--
James
Bart: "According to creationism, there were no cavemen."

"James Peterson" <JamesPeterson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My brother sent me a paper that was written using ms publisher, but when I
> open it all I can display is the front page. Do I have to use the side bar
> view each page?

0
Jaime
5/7/2010 2:02:26 AM
Early versions, View menu, Status Bar, version 2007 you will need a registry
fix. Look the the sixth FAQ here for the solution.
http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs

--
Mary Sauer MVP
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"James Peterson" <JamesPeterson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My brother sent me a paper that was written using ms publisher, but when I
> open it all I can display is the front page. Do I have to use the side bar to
> view each page?

0
Mary

Corrupt MS Money Backup File
On accident, I deleted my ms money file, and it is long gone, although I tried an undelete program. I tried to restore my backup file, however, disk 1 was unreadable. I was able to recover the mbf file from the floppy using some special software, but still MS Money says it is corrupt. I even tried the repair utility in MS Money. Does anyone else have any ideas? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Kevin ...

How do I setup a book cover using Publisher
I am publishing a book of poetry in Publisher 2003. There are 68 pages including front and back cover (using 8-1/2" x 11" paper). I would like to print the title and author on the spine. However, I am having trouble because of the ruler. I have discovered the "binding margin" option but the ruler still does not allow the wording to print exactly on the spine. Any suggestions? Have you turned on "snap." Have you selected center in the format text box dialog? Look at this article, it has help near the bottom. Structure your publication design using lay...

Adding functionality to MS Outlook Express
Hi, I am looking for help to integrate anti-spam open source programs with MS Outlook Express :- - SpamPal - http://www.spampal.org/ - Spamato - http://www.spamato.net/ The problem is to provide a library that will facilitate this. I have read the MSDN Messaging and Collaboration documentation which gives the ability to get notifications of new messages and to access message folders :- http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/ms709546.aspx The next need is to add a toolbar (with buttons for SPAM/NOSPAM) and to detect what messages are selected in the message window. The MSOE...

MS Money Bank Accounts and Credit Cards Not Updating
Is anyone else having trouble getting their bank accounts and credit accounts to update? For the last TWO WEEKS! I have been waiting patiently to look at account transactions. When I update accounts, my account homepage shows that I have X transactions to read; but when I click to read the updates, they are not in my register. No number of iterations and refreshes has got the updates to show up. Money info central has had the same unhelpful message for the last week or so: "You may experience problems getting accounts to update in MSN Money or within Money 2005 or 2006.We are w...

Publisher 97 and date/time print
I am designing an office card using 1997 Publisher. No matter what I do it prints day, month,year and time on every page. I have checked background and there is no text box even there to delete to stop this problem. How can I find and delete? This will be an option of your printer driver. Disable that option and your trauma will be over. -- ...

Publisher 2003 printing missing
At my school my students are creating newsletters. On random lines...on each student's printout...there are partial lines printed. Some titles don't print. Students have tried changing the size of the font, the font itself, the size of the text boxes, etc. We are always missing partial lines. It is a different place on each paper and it happens on different printers. Any suggestions? Barbmc wrote: > At my school my students are creating newsletters. On random lines...on each > student's printout...there are partial lines printed. Some titles don't > p...

Find a multiple photos on a page template for Publisher?
Possible to find a template for Publisher to print a page full of multiple photos without recreating the page each time I print. Why not save your page you have created as a template? File, "save as", files of type, scroll down to Publisher template. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "srfaith" <srfaith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:157E95AB-1159-4889-B196-61E147E6E240@microsoft.com... > Possible to find a template for Publisher to print a page full of multiple > photos without recreating the page each time I print. ...

Share Point & MS CRM
In notes section, how to attach a document link on the SPS server to the MS CRM? When creating a note It only uses Upload method.. ...

Why hasn't MS fixed this yet.....?
When you create horizontal bar charts, they always come in backwards, so to fix it you have to flip the data. Same with Stacked Collumns. Also, if you have paired bars they come in flipped as well! I've worked with Excel 97 through XP, you think they would have fixed this by now! Sounds like you are looking for a left handed cup! Bernard "jmorris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9B2A931-D858-4445-8CDC-C3A25071C58B@microsoft.com... > When you create horizontal bar charts, they always come in backwards, so to fix it you have to flip the data. ...

MS query and Firebird
I am accessing a Firebird data base with MS Query into Excel. I am trying to change the column heading (column name) but as I writte a "Newname" in Column Heading MS Query dont accept. I try to change directlly the SQL statement with "AS" clause and without "AS" clause but MS Query dont accept. I dont know if the format of select statement is different in Firebird data base or is a problem with MS Query. JC. ...

Any one have opening in Ms Dynamics CRM in US?
Any one have opening in Ms Dynamics CRM in US? ...

MS Outlook will not start
Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The .DLL file for the information service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured. Recreate your mailprofile in Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles... -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Damian ten Bohmer" <damiantenbohmer@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message news:...

Can I import old email from Eudora to MS Outlook 2007?
Is there a way to import my old email from eudora into outlook 2007? ...

MS Publisher 2000 continually installs
installed Office 2000 disk 1 and then MS Publisher from Disk 2. After I installed Publisher, it wants to do another install every time it is executed. What can I do to resolve this? You can get a program from the MS website called "msicu.exe" and there is a second one required for Disk 2 of Office. Read the instructions with these files carefully, and fully understand how they work, but they will/should cure your ills. Windows Installer cleaner Cd2Cleaner http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q247/6/74.asp http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q239/9/3...

[Publisher 2003] Print large format on single page?!
Hello, can anyone tell me how I can print a large-format poster on one single smaller page? (I only find the option for distributing the poster on several pages.) Thanks! Frank Will your printer print a large format poster? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Frank Peters" <frank123.nospam@web.de> wrote in message news:c9078d$h9b$03$1@news.t-online.com... > Hello, > > can anyone tell me how I can print a large-format poster on one single > smaller page? (I only find the option for distributing the poster on > several pages.) > > Thanks! Fran...

open a publisher file wihtout publisher ?
I dont have publisher on my PC but someone sent me a file. Is there any other way to open it ? Hi chris (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I dont have publisher on my PC but someone sent me a file. || Is there any other way to open it ? No. You need Publisher. Have them convert the file to PDF using Acrobat or PrimoPDF (www.primopdf.com) and send it to you. You can then use Adobe Reader to view the file. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranti...

MS Money is driving me crazy!
Hi, I make more data entry mistakes because of the "default" and auto entries in MS Money', in the posting of checks and deposits, and also in budget items and reports. My entries are not identical as MONEY would believe, so the automatic repetition of the prior entry, date, amount, payee, etc causes me much distress. I'd rather hand type the entry from the start, than have to erase the auto entry and retype. .. One area where there is no auto entry and there should be, is after posting a check or a deposit, the next empty line should be ready for data. I expect it would ...

Problem opening publisher files over a network
I am having trouble opening publisher files over a local network. I can open other office documents contained within the same folders as those I cannot open. Suggestions? This is not an antivirus issue... I've turned them off and tried... Copy the file to your local hard drive and try again. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "LJinViroqua" <LJinViroqua@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:090FBB11-B0DA-4A38-8224-3E9EB3A...

MS Money Deluxe
I recently downloaded Money Deluxe 2008 to try it out, and would like to import my Quicken 2008 file. Money gives me an error indicating it cannot import Quicken '08 files; therefore, is there a way to get around this and use my quicken file, otherwise I don't believe I'll be able to use Money? Thanks, Greg In microsoft.public.money, gregh wrote: >I recently downloaded Money Deluxe 2008 to try it out, and would like to >import my Quicken 2008 file. Money gives me an error indicating it cannot >import Quicken '08 files; therefore, is there a way to get around ...

Publisher 2000 will not open all files.
My hard drive went down and had to be replaced. I re-installed Microsoft Publisher 2000 version 6.0 The only version I have ever had or used. I copied my publisher files onto the new hard drive and since then Publisher has opened some files with no problems. Others (approx:50%=) open on a blank page with a message (Box) that says, within it, 'Publisher cannot open files from a different version.' What different version, I have only had the one. I would appreciate some help here as I have a large numer of files that Pulisher will not let me access. Regards. -- Oldsteve, Silver Sur...

Did Publisher 2007 get left behind?
Did Publisher 2007 somehow escape the Office 2007 redesign that was done to Word, Excel, etc. I don't see the ribbon and it doesn't appear to be using the .pubx filetype. Publisher is Office's black sheep... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lurfys Maw" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:haql44p59ts3k3j7b9rd2nkldnliqrk9qd@4ax.com... > Did Publisher 2007 somehow escape the Office 2007 redesign that was > done to Word, Excel, etc. I don't see the ribbon and it doesn'...

Cannot Access Bank Accounts Online if Don't Store Money Info on MS
Hi, I turned off the option to have my account information synchronized and stored on MSN. My confusion lies to why that also means that Money cannot continue to automatically download bank/credit card/etc information to Money. Some do continue to be able to be downloaded automatically. Others don't. Basically, it says "If you don't store your info on MSN Money, you won't be able to utilize online features for some financial instutions". I don't understand the tie between having your information stored on MSN and auto downloading from financial institutions, ...

Microsoft Publisher 2002 #2
I am trynig to install Microsoft Publisher 2002 from CDROM. I am browse the CD and run the following file: "E:\publisher 2002\Microsoft Publisher XP 2002\Publisher XP\Pub.msi" Error 25506 appears saying "Microsoft Publisher 2002 requires updated system files not detected on the computer. You must install the Systems Files Update prior to installing Publisher. C:\Program Files\Coomon Files\System\ADO\MSODOR15.DLL is version 2.10.3711.3 wehn we require version 2.50.4403.4." Can anyone please help me on this? Thank you in anticipation. Have you called Microsoft? I ...

Beta MS Project 2010
Hello, When will be MS Project 2010 Full version Available? When can this version expected to release?. Now MS project Beta is avail for download. Is there any DVD or CD avail for order this beta version MS Project 2010. Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0085_01CACB39.AC9B1720 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Karthick, The beta download site is here: = http://www.microsoft.com/project/2010/en/us/default.aspx=20 Retail versions should be available in June...

Comparison of MS Money 2000 and MS Money 2003
I just upgraded and recently noticed with my transactions in comparison to MS Money 2000 which is much better and worked with all my SB Office Business tools 2000. MS Money 2003 SB Edition destroyed all links to MS Business Tools and also does not pick up all my financial transactions data so I would have to keep a paper copy anyway or go online to find the transaction to fill in the data. MS Money 2003 does not work properly with VersaCheck QuickPass 2004. TaxCut 2004 works great with MS Money 2003. You are pushing to upgrade MS Money 2005 and I read some of the support issues. In...