MS Publisher/mail merge

I am running office 2000 and WINDOWS 98, and Publcisher
2000, When I tried to run mail merge, I receive a response
"Cannot continue mail merge" and the insert field codes
from files does not come up.
I have tried to reload Publisher 2000 to repair the files
(assuming that this was the problem) and I have tried to
match the problem against the help available for this topic
on the Microsoft site.  I am completely stymied.   I have
used this software for the last five years and never have
had a problem merging from WOrd files into Merged documents
on Publisher.
questions:
1.  Is it a glitch in Windows 98;
2.  Problem with my software?
3.  Help.....
and thanks
0
ukitato (1)

Go here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/dataaccess.asp
and download and install the latest set of MDAC components.

That should fix your problem, but if for any reason it does not, post back
with the full error messages.

Make sure you re-boot after installing the MDAC components.

Using data from cells in a Query to a MS Access Database
I need to use a MS Excel 2003 spreadsheet to perform a simple set of calcs. One piece of information I need is stored in an Access Database. If I could have, I would have converted the spreadsheet to an MS Access database and programmed the query to use information from text boxes. However, not all employees in the company have MS Access on their computer. So I need to use an external query in Excel to look at the MS Access Database. I can do that pretty easily. The Query Wizard walks you right through it. However, I need to make it so that the criteria for the query is drawn ...

mail message in my fie menu
Ever since I bought my new computer I havenot been able to send E Mails/Messages on Outlook 2000 I cannot find Mail message in the File menu and even when accessing a new E Mail form thewre is no send button on the toolbar Please advise It sounds like you attempted to install Outlook 2000 on your new computer and move your old data file. It also sounds like you now have a corrupt Outlook profile. How did you go about moving the Outlook Data File? Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP- Print /Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When Ne...

E-mail Reply Problem !!!!!
Hi, I've got one Exchange Server 2003 (w/o SP1) in the network, all user is using Outlook 2003, when the user has sent out the mail via "Reply All", the field "TO" or "CC" only display local user E-mail Address but other E-mail Address doesn't not exist ??? I don't know the problem is in Exchange Server or Outlook. Please help and give me the solution. Tks a Lot !!!!! ...

Duplicate mail forwarded
This is a Windows 2003 SP1 server with patches up to date, Exchange 2003 SP-2. We are using forwarding rules on the mailboxes to forward messages to certain user's Blackberry devices. We are getting several messages sent multiple times (up to 20 at a time). I've looked for a black-hole router, but didn't find any, but I enabled the black-hole router detection anyway - no difference. I've looked in the SMTP logs, and I think I found the entries from a particular message that was received only once in the user's mailbox, but 3 times at the Blackberry. This message wa...

MS-Word to XML to HTML
I have a need to convert MS-Word Documents (6.0 / 97 / 2000 / 2003) to XML and from XML to HTML. This needs to be done programmatically with C/C++/C#. Any information on doing this would greatly be appreciated. Thanks, Dave ...

Viewing E-Mail Strings
I have many messages that i send, answered back by the receiver, send back to the receiver, and so on. I would like to be able to sort my inbox by these strings so I can print out the final e-mail that contains all the back and forths but also be able to delete out all the prior ones that already are contained in the final e-mail. I also keep track of e-mail receipts and reads and would also like to see those in the time line if possible. I receive many e-mails that contain the same subject line but are different conversations so sorting by that field is not useful. I'm o...

Can anyone tell me how to do a mail merge from Excel?
I have loaded 388 entries and now cannot figure out how to print to labels. Some have told me I had to copy and export from Word, but I don't understand how to do that. Help! BJS, If you Google "Mail Merge from Excel to Word" you will get lots of sites that will give you a step by step with screen captures. huber57 "BJS" wrote: > I have loaded 388 entries and now cannot figure out how to print to labels. > Some have told me I had to copy and export from Word, but I don't understand > how to do that. Help! Saved from a previ...

How do I get Outlook2003 to open folders when new mail arrives?
Outlook 2003 / ms Exchange 2007 Hi How do I get Outlook2003 to open folders when new mail arrives? Background: I have just changed my profile so that we now use Ms Exchange(2007) with our Outlook(2003). In my previous profile (which used .PST files), when new mail arrives in a folder (having been placed there by a rule), Outlook would automatically open each folder when it puts new emails into that folder. This would mean that previously I could see at a glance where new emails have arrived (because the foldername has gone bold, with the number of unread emails also showing in brackets). ...

Permanently deleting mail from deleted items folder?
Any one found a way of permanently deleting obvious junk mail from deleted items folder yet or is there any Knowledge Base article on it yet beyond the one which say that this facility in Office or Outlook doesn't work properly? Generally, emptying the Deleted Items folder permanently deletes the contents. I'm curious, which KB article are you referring to that "say that this facility in Office or Outlook doesn't work properly"? Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-DTS -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fi...

Publisher 2007 toolbar icons
How can I change the icon for one of the commands I've added to (customized on) the toolbar? I did it in Pub2003 but don't know & can't find how! let alone know if it's available in 07. Thanks. bj Right-click the icon while the customize menu is open, there are options. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "bjm" <bjones44@verizon.net> wrote in message news:uLQcewbyJHA.1380@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > How can I change the icon for one of the commands I've added to (customized > on) the toolbar? > > I did it in Pub2003 but don't k...

Still cannot recieve mail.
I am using a windows live account, I am trying to set up windows mail to connect to that account. I am now able to send I just can't receive. I get this error message. Account: 'Personal ', Server: 'POP3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR command not implemented', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 -- Ms. Victoria Morales Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not = enabled.=20 --=2...

Routing e-mails from Public Folder to CRM
Is it possible to route e-mails, comming to the Mail Enabled Public Folder to some Queue in CRM? Jevgenij There is a link to an article I wrote relating to this issue on my blog. You can go to http://ts2community.com/blogs/larrylentz/archive/2006/08/13/1684.aspx and look for the 'here' link at the end of the posting. "Jevgenij Martynenko" <jm@no-spam.e-idea.lt> wrote in message news:20C033B7-D0D3-49AA-AFCC-E8BD56224FE3@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to route e-mails, comming to the Mail Enabled Public Folder > to some Queue in CRM? > > Jevgenij...

Send/Receive isn't transmitting e-mails from pop3 server
As far as I can trace, I downloaded XP SP2 and since then Outlook no longer can receive files from my pop3 server set-up. I removed XP SP2 and I still have the problem. I click on send/receive, it shows everything to work but e-mails are remaining on my internet e-mail server and not being transferred to Outlook. It was all working a few days ago.... Any advice? "Outlook 2000 SR-1 & Windows XP - Send/Receive" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:259401c4a996$dc144140$a301280a@phx.gbl... > As far as I can trace, I downloaded XP SP2 and si...

Rule to block mail with Sent = None
The last bit of spam that gets through ens at the bottom of the list with sent = "none" - usually a 6kB mail but I can't block it on that as some valid mails are also 6kB. I tried setting date as < a date in the near past but that does not stop it. Any ideas? Return-path: <xxxxxxx> where xxxxx is my address Envelope-to: xxxxxxxxx Delivery-date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 13:55:20 +0200 Received: from h109-187-179-20.dyn.bashtel.ru ([109.187.179.20]) by www24.jnb2.host-h.net with smtp (Exim 4.69) (envelope-from <xxxxxxx>) id 1NfXdf-0005ld-0Q for xxxxxx...

Help needed with mail returned as possible spam
We have about 10 computers using Bellsouth DSL service, with Bellsouth hosting our domain. Our Outlook clients are set up for POP3/SMTP using mail.ourdomain.com. A few days ago, we began having email problems, especially when we try to send emails to each other. The returned emails say they are being rejected by the mailserver as possible spam. One of the returned emails said "Host blacklisted in sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org.swh.bellsouth.net." It then identified our public IP address. However, that IP address does not show as blacklisted on the spamhaus.org website. I rectifie...

Need help merging two Worksheet_Change modules #2
Thanks Dave, this is almost exactly what I want! The only thing I nee in the module now is that when they try to delete a validated cell an the INVALID appears, I want the cursor to return to that cell to forc them to select from the list - at the moment they can continue leavin INVALID as the value. Perhaps a message box telling them what the have done wrong would also be useful? Thanks in advance Fuzz -- fuzzyfrea ----------------------------------------------------------------------- fuzzyfreak's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1465 View thi...

Publisher Classes
Looking to take Microsoft Publisher training in Princeton area. 1-2 days at hotel or other training facility I suspect you may have inadvertently posted this to the wrong forum. This is a Microsoft Outlook support group. You probably want the microsoft.public.publisher support group. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Audrey Maest" <clay-target-sports@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message...

why is my picture blank after i import it into publisher 2000.
I imported a jpg file into publisher 2000. The picture prints but does not show on the screen. View, pictures, detailed display -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "jean917" <jean917@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C2357F1-23C3-411D-B566-DC6AC8864505@microsoft.com... >I imported a jpg file into publisher 2000. The picture prints but does not > show on the screen. --____EUMWSWLWLZMKOFKUPWCA____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printa...

Out of Office Assistant
I am trying to set the out of office assistant using the advanced options with a rule to forward all e-mail to text messaging on my cell phone. I can send an e-mail manually to the cell phone text message address so I know it is able to receive them. Unfortunately, when I have out of office assistant set to forward my messages to the cell phone they don't get forwarded. Any ideas on this? Thanks in advance! Alan http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN- US;181636 The article says "This article is very effective troubleshooting Pager and Cell Phones that are ha...

Can OfficeX open MS Publisher files?
Does anyone know of a way that OfficeX can open or translate files created in Publisher? It is the one thing that I really miss and need when working back and forth between my G4 and PC files. On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 15:06:23 -0700, "Natalie" <natalie@mcgrathalaska.net> wrote: >Does anyone know of a way that OfficeX can open or >translate files created in Publisher? It is the one thing >that I really miss and need when working back and forth >between my G4 and PC files. AFAIK you're SOL... ("As far as I know you're shit outta luck") to open ...

Hyperlink to page within same Publisher web page document
How do I create a hyperlink to a webpage within the same Publisher webpage document without that webpage showing up in the table of contents ledger on the home webpage? Do I create an additional webpage and delete that webpage reference from the table of contents links on the home page and other webpages? Any help would be most appreciated! When you Insert > Page uncheck "Add hyperlink to navigation bars". Then to add a link to that page from any other page, select text, object or picture, Insert > Hyperlink > Place in the This document. In the future, please post ...

Mail Merge Attachments
I tried to send email merge messages with attachments and it does not work. The attachement gest thrown out. Is there a way to attache documents to a mail marge email? Manuel Search this group. Answer posted already today, and every day. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Manuel" <masosa@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:06d701c362c4$9b649c40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I tried to send email merge messages with attachments and > it does not work. The attachement gest thrown out. Is > there a way to attache documents to a mail marge email? > > Manuel ...

Mail User Profile and Data Files
My Outlook 2007 no longer start and I believe it is the outlook pst file that has been coorupted. I have deleted the profile from the Mail control panel icon and started with new profile. Outlook start well asking me my various info to set up the email service. Everything is fine to taht point but the minute I try to setup the data files (pst formoat either) I get the fol msg. This information service is not install on your computer. The next box dialogue box from Outlook at startup is: Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the...

Security or logging of e-mail
Is there a way to configure Outlook 2001 to log when someone opens my e-mail box remotely? Thank you. No. Outlook 2001? Are you talking about Outlook for the Mac? -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar -Creating a Classic View in Outlook 2003 Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net (I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _underscores_ from the address when maili...

Mail routing question
Here’s the situation… User sends an email to xxx@mycorp.com and xxx@myothercorp.com. User yyy (which just happens to sit next to me) stands up and asks me why he’s getting mail that is sent to user xxx@mycorp.com. After looking through the tracking logs I see the following: ORIGINATING_EXCH_SRVR xxx@mycorp.com (a contact that sends mail outside of the Exchange org.) message transferred to mailhost (outside of exch org) xxx@myothercorp.com (routed to myothercorp.com’s mail server via an Exchange connector) message transferred to myothercorp’s mailhost yyy@mycorp.com (magically added ...