MS Publisher - Create a new paper size

I publish a newsletter and need to create the 11 X 17
paper size.  How do I do that?

Thanks
0
jhoran (1)

After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from Jan Jewby-Horan <jhoran@co.ho.md.us>...
> I publish a newsletter and need to create the 11 X 17
> paper size.  How do I do that?

Use a Custom paper size
(Your printer driver will need to support this size unless you want to tile
print)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6342)

Scanning for new files added to directory
I'd like to write a program that can monitor a download directory and identify the addition of new files added. Could someone give a suggestion as to how this could be accomplished. Many thanks, Marcus >I'd like to write a program that can monitor a download directory and >identify the addition of new files added. Could someone give a >suggestion as to how this could be accomplished. Marcus, Have a look at the FindFirstChangeNotification API documentation on MSDN. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq ok, thanks for the tip David "Marcus" <mcde...

MS Publisher -> TIFF
How to convert MS Publisher 2000 90x60 cm work or *.pub file to TIFF format? How to prepare it to Minolta CF 9001 or Oce CS 5090 (without MS Publisher installed). Thanks for any help. Ryszard Hi Ryszard Krajewski (ryszard.krajewski@neostrada.pl), in the newsgroups you posted: || How to convert MS Publisher 2000 90x60 cm work or *.pub file to || TIFF format? How to prepare it to Minolta CF 9001 or Oce CS 5090 || (without MS Publisher installed). || Thanks for any help. || Ryszard Vist the following link: http://www.mvps.org/publisher/sharing.html -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publ...

Printing labels from Publisher
I cannot seem to be able to print only 1 label at a time. Where can I set the printing option to print just one label from a sheet of labels? You will have to create the page manually. Take a look at the page setup when you select labels, it will tell you the size and the gaps. Use the ruler guides to recreate the labels. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Carmen Driggs" <Carmen Driggs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3433E906-D97B-4AED-B83A-39CDBA9B99F5@microsoft.com... >I cannot seem to be able to print only 1 label at a time. Where can I set ...

How can I create a graph & execute Excel from a non- MS environme
I would like to set up an application that can be run from Unix or another operating system that can be used to display a graph in Excel.(maybe a perl script, or something?) I can create a csv file from the data coming from a non-microsoft environment. I would like to be able to then run a unix system command, or a command that can be executed from the "run" line from MS Start menu that would use this data to open Excel and display the data as a chart. CJ Dev Wrote: > I would like to set up an application that can be run from Unix o > another > operating system that...

MS Project 2003 Clarity Integration Field Mapping
I am using MS project 2003 with full Clarity integration and noticed that there is a neat field available when you use the Workbench scheduling tool - Pending Time Entry. Does anyone know how I can get the field/column mappings between MS Project 2003 and Workbench when integrating with Clarity? ex. in Workbench ETC is the same field as Remaining Work in MS Project 2003. What about all the others??? ...

how do i create an access code sheet to number my office files an.
im new to this office. the former person made an access code sheet (looks like it was made in excel, but im not sure) the sheet numbers and color codes files that are in the office. i guess the former did not save the sheet, and i need to add new files. So if i need to make a new access code sheet to number and color code all files, which way will be the easiest to do this. (and i've never used excel or word to do this, so please leave how-to instructions) you may want to use word to do this so you can use the label function. you could just as easily do it in excel as well simpl...

How many computers can I install ms office basic edition 2003 on?
We have two computers with it installed on already, but one of them is dying and I want to install it on a new computer. Is it okay to do this? What does the EULA say? Generally a retail version can be installed on 2 working devices "scrumpyjill" <scrumpyjill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7126D521-E248-4733-B7CA-30D30D9114FB@microsoft.com... > We have two computers with it installed on already, but one of them is > dying > and I want to install it on a new computer. Is it okay to do this? To my knowledge all MS Office Basic Editi...

Template file size too large
Hello - One of the templates I've created in Excel is 630KB. This seems very large and I'd like to decrease the size as transmitting the file becomes costly. Any idea what might be causing this? The file is 32 rows by 13 columns with alternating grey shading. 26 cells are locked and the file has protection. Some cells have been merged. Thanks! Karin When you hit ctrl-End on that worksheet, where does the cell pointer go? If it's a long way from where you expected it to go, you might be able to reset that lastused cell using some of the techniques at Debra Dalgleish's s...

New Section break changes prior formatting
When I enter a new section after a break if I center a line all text in that section centers. If I format for "justify" the pictures in the prior sections also go to the left of the page. Which version of Word? frustrated wrote: >When I enter a new section after a break if I center a line all text in that >section centers. If I format for "justify" the pictures in the prior >sections also go to the left of the page. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-word-general/201001/1 ...

entourage continually crashes, database size >10GB
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop since my database has grown larger than 6GB (now >10GB), entourage crashes several times a day - seemingly without reason. unlike outlook, where i can move messages out of the inbox .pst into a separate filed messages .pst, entourage does not appear to have this functionality. <br><br>this is frustrating as i wind up wasting huge amounts of time using the glacially sloooooow database utility to verify/compress/rebuild the database over and over again - only to have the same t...

unable to access my recent documents icon in word and publisher
unable to access my recent documents icon in word and publisher- HOW CAN i TURN ON RECENT DOCUMENT FEATURE? Perhaps you are running one of those Windows utilities that clears all kinds of history lists? If so, turn it off. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Oliviachamp" wrote: > unable to access my recent documents icon in word and publisher- HOW CAN i > TURN ON RECENT DOCUMENT FEATURE? ...

publishing images in workbook as web page
I have created an workbook with Excel and put a photo on the first page. when I publish the workbook as an web page (interactivity) my photo is missing. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? I have try everything I know to do = insert picture, putting copying photo to clipboard and shift, pasta picture and still logo is missing. Lee ...

How do I create a graph from an equation and not a set of data?
How do I create a graph from an equation and not a set of data? Hi, Stephen Bullen has an example. See ChtFrmla within the Charting section. http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm The example file is, http://www.oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=ChtFrmla.zip Also see Tushar Mehta's Plot manager, http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/plot_manager/index.html Cheers Andy ashemorry wrote: > How do I create a graph from an equation and not a set of data? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Re-editing a created calendar
Hi All, I created a calendar begining of 2009 which shows the holidays of our company. Now we entered 2010 and the new holidays are published. I want to update the calendar I created for my company, so I can use this global template calendar which I have been using in all of our projects. Please let me know how this can be done. Thanks in advance. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00B7_01CA9863.4CF80F70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Erol, Welcome to this Mic...

Moving the Biztalk integration to new hardware
Running CRM 1.2, GP 7.5 sp4, Biztalk sp 1 with integration, all on Win2k SP4. All on separate servers. There are a few customizations done in CRM but no custom fields that are mapped to GP. Any one have any experience moving the BizTalk piece to a new piece of hardware? Can't find any white papers or much information at all on how to get this done without losing the current set up. Many thanks I have logged similar support incidents with MS. To date they have not been able to provide any information. "Jeff Metcalf" <JeffMetcalf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Publisher #81
postcard prints 2 x 3" image instead of 3.5 x 5" image. Why? Am using postcard template. Postcard templates are usually 4.25 x 5.5 (4 per page). If you are using Publisher 2007, use one of the Avery US Letter postcard templates. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "ewyler" <ewyler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2B11CBF-5465-4A63-A084-91B0DB48E771@microsoft.com... > postcard prints 2 x 3" image instead of 3.5 x 5" image. Why? Am using > postcard template. ...

how do I import a word document with footnotes into publisher?
When I import my word document into publisher I always seem to lose the footnotes and page numbers. What can I do to keep them as originally written? Publisher does not support footnotes. You will have to create them manually. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "dickburgess" <dickburgess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:702B1472-41B8-40EE-9513-1660B59F5463@microsoft.com... > When I import my word document into publisher I always seem to lose the > footnotes and page numbers. What can I...

Publishing CRM with ISA2004
Hello, Has anybody got any experience with publishing CRM 3.0 on a ISA 2004 Server? I can connect, but it keeps asking me for my credentials. It drives us nuts. Anybody got any great ideas, please share them. Thanks in advance, Giovanni Perini That is normal when you publish externally. In order for the integrated authentication to work, you would need to open a lot of ports and end up having a huge hole in your firewall. Once you have authenticated for the first time, you shouldn't get the prompt anymore though. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Giovanni Perini&quo...

Creating Shortcut
Hi everyone, Can you please help me how I can creat shortcut for keyboard? Thanks in advance. -- eylul ------------------------------------------------------------------------ eylul's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=13025 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=378010 Do you have a macro that you need a shortcut key? If yes, Tools|macro|macros|Select your macro and click the option button There's a spot where you can specify the shortcut key. If you're looking for the equivalent to MSWord's: Tools|cu...

Lines in Publisher does not print in same position as on screen
On inserting a house plan (TIF) and wanting to draw grid lines (using the line tool) on the outside walls, it shows 100% correct on screen but when I print it is as if the line spacing has changed and is not on the outside lines for the walls anymore. Anybody experienced this problem? Thanks Carel Put the .tif on the background and draw the lines on the publication page. Does this help? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Carel" <Carel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EAC19E7-4E72-43E4-BE46-98944FFDB8FE@microsoft.com... > On inserting a house pl...

ms outlook
Hi , Is there a way to make the folder the message was sent to open up expand to show the actual folder the message has been filtered too? Thank you all for your help on this mater. Bye, Philip PS: That is the problem; I have a huge list of subfolders and dont necessarily want all of them open. Someone told me that they thought there was a way that you could have the proper set of folders open to display the new message but I cant seem to find anything like that. Any ideas? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post use...

unintentional re-sizing of documents embedded in Excel
Within the last few days, Ive been experiencing a problem with Word documents embedded in an Excel worksheet. While I'm typing in the embedded document, the document size will change without any apparent cause. I've been using this form for years without any problem. We have virus protection software that is current, so I doubt that is the problem. Any ideas or suggestioins?? TIA, Rich Hi no solution but this is probably not a virus or a setting. This happens in my experience quite often to embedded Excel documents. Would consider this more as a bug (with no workaround I know...

Re-creating Great Plains Database Objects
Hi All, I just recovered data from corrupt Great Plains mdf files for GP 8.0 and imported to the newly created databases (Dynamics and the Company), I want to recreate sps,Functions,rules and views that came out of the box during the initial installation. I tried using the Great Plains utility tool ,it pickups up the database but I am failing to run the special Upgrade feature. Any ideas folks? -- "The Best thing in life is life" Ibutho, If this is already a corrupted environment, the best thing to do is scratch that installation and start over. Drop all GP databases on y...

Free Credit Reporting? Only for new users?
I have been using Money for several years. Used Money 2005 and upgraded to 2006 shortly after it became available. Up until this morning I never tried to access the free credit reporting option available through Money 2006. When I tried this morning, I started by following the "sign up now" link in Money. After filling out the web form I was directed to, I was informed that I already had an account. (That account has expired, so all I have is a login that doesn't actually take me to a credit report.) So, I went back to Money and clicked on the "Already signed up?"...

how do I change the default font in publisher 2003
I need to change the default font in Publisher 2003 from New Times Roman. I tire from changing the font every time I create anything new. >-----Original Message----- >I need to change the default font in Publisher 2003 from New Times Roman. I >tire from changing the font every time I create anything new. >. > I know they are four-letter words, but "read" and "help" should become your mainstays. Choose Help and search for "default font" The answer that you are looking for is the first listed and just waiting for you to read it. Chuck Davis &l...