MS Publisher 2007 Exports

I'm noticing some really bad quality when I "Save as Picture" to GIF.
If I print the document directly from the app. it looks great. Has
anyone else witnessed this?

0
mark8868 (1)

mark@alliedtechnical.net wrote:
> I'm noticing some really bad quality when I "Save as Picture" to GIF.
> If I print the document directly from the app. it looks great. Has
> anyone else witnessed this?

a) Are you using many colours in your publication (or any photos)?
b) What resolution do you have selected when you save?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

Publisher Problem
Volunteer Nancy C. Benner Janyszeski Answers Subject MS Publisher 2000 Problem Question I'm using Pub 2000 in on a Pent 4 3.06GHz processor 512 mb ram. Publisher is installed on the local drive (c:). Problem is when trying to open a publisher file from the network share it won't open. The files are on a NT Server 4.0 shared directory with full access to all users. When trying to open the file all it does is close publisher completely. If I do manage to get a file open when I try to save it the message appears stating that the destination drive (S:\shared) is full. An examin...

Text wrap in Publisher 2003
Hi all! Doesn't Publisher 2003 recognize automatically white areas around pictures like Publisher 2000 when using text wrap around the picture? Only way to do this automatically - that I know - is to save picture with Alpha Channel. EB Publisher 2003 works the same as 2000, just a little more manual work. With bitmaps you have to adjust the wrap points, but there are far fewer and the points are exactly where you put them. In 2000 the wrap points were arbitrarily placed, line art images end up with large numbers of wrap points at times. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microso...

Recurring error in Word 2007
Hi, I am using Word 2007. While typing in a document, I get the following recurring error: "Microsoft Office Word can't open the thesaurus. Microsoft Office Word cannot install the necessary files due to Windows Installer error 1605. This action is only valid for products that are currently installed." I do not know what causes the error and have no idea how to prevent it. Any help you can give me will be appreciated. Thank you. What I do in these situations is Google the error message (or the key = words therein.) The solution provided below, although it ...

Exporting to PCX
I need to export some images into PCX format to insert into an existing application. I need the image size to be a fixed size (315 * 95 pixels). When I export to other formats I get options to do this, but PCX seems to offer limited support for exporting specific size images, and they all look rubbish when they are scaled either up or down. Can anyone offer any suggestions? TIA Andrew a b a k e r AT f l o w l o g i c DOT c o m DOT a u Why not export the size you need in another bitmap format then use a graphics converter to translate those to PCX? Randall Arnold "Andrew Baker&...

Exporting email with atachment to text file
I would lke to have a backup of all my email in a pure text form. Many years ago I used Netscape email, and the entire mail file was pur text; attachments followed the message and were encoded in base64. I could always retrieve my email (with a little effort) by cuting and pasting, and using uuencode to retrieve the binary form of the attachment. Is there any way to do this in Outlook? I have recently encountered difficulties with different versions of Outook at home and work, so would like to avoid problems like this in the future by having a purely text email file. TIA <dtshedd@yah...

Smartlist export to Excel #2
Quantities for Inventory Items are set-up in our database with zero decimals. When exporting 'Inventory Purchase Receipt' information to Excel, quantities receipt and quantities sold, greather than 1000, are shown only the first digit in Excel, for example 4,799 is shown for 4. Any idea how to fix it??? Thanks, -- Toni Sounds more likely that the file is being exported as a csv using the print function in smartlist. -- Mick "Toni" wrote: > Quantities for Inventory Items are set-up in our database with zero decimals. > When exporting 'Inventory Purchase ...

Export MS-Excel to HTML
I am aware of the possibility to save an Excel document as html, but this generates a massive amount of html-code. The program xls2html do what I need where a link between each cell is created via a template. This would do the trick for me, but unfortunately this program is no longer supported and it does not include the hyperlinks in the html-code. Any ideas on how to update an html-document linked to an MS-Excel document? Real time linking is not needed - just a relatively easy way to do this every week or so to reflect price changes. Thanks. Mogens Hi Mogens See if you can find ...

Re-download MS Money
My HD suffered a tragic loss and I bought MS Money 2004 off the Microsoft site. Is there any way I can re- download the program or should I go buy the disc? Thanks Michael In microsoft.public.money, Michael wrote: >My HD suffered a tragic loss and I bought MS Money 2004 >off the Microsoft site. Is there any way I can re- >download the program or should I go buy the disc? http://shop.microsoft.com/moneyupgrade/purchasequestion.asp but you will need the activation code. If you lost that, I am not sure where you go from there. ...

exporting report into Excell
When I export a report into Excell, the bin location for some items shows as a date rather than a number or general. These items were created at different times. I have deleted the bin location, exited the item and the reentered the bin location to no avail. Any suggestions? Format the destination column as text and use the 'Paste Special... | Values Only' function. Also good for retaining leading zeroes. Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail "Sandy" wrote: > When I export a report into Excell, the bin location for some items shows as > a date rather than a number...

MS CRM Install Minimum Reqs
We want to specifically use the Sales aspects of MC CRM. We will only have 5 users. We have Exchange 2000 (dual 2.4 ghz, gig RAM, RAID 5, RAID 1) on its own server, SQL 2000 (dual 2.2 hhz, gig ram, RAID 5) on its own server, and a web server (single 1.4ghz Raid 1) on its own server. I cannot find resources online (install docs, etc which always scares me). Should I just be able to install this on my web server? I heard it can be on the Exchange box but "is not recommended". My exchange box is an AD server also, is that a problem? Any online links to resources are appreciated. ...

Calendar as web page
I'm using Outlook 2002. When I save a calendar as a web page, it looks just fine in my local website when viewing in the browser. But when I publish it to my website, at the top where the days of the week should be, and at the bottom where the date the calendar was made should be, it says, "The page not found." Everything else looks fine. I have checked to see if I have not published a file related to the calendar, but can't find one. Help! ...

publisher 2003 install with office 2003 std volume license
will this install without issue? Publisher is part of Office PRO but not STD. We have both but the HR person does not presently have PRO and we would have to buy a license. We push down the install from the serverbecause of volume licensing. We would like to get the stand alone with digital imaging (if we do vol license for Office PRo we would not have it) But we don't want any gotcha's if the standalon will not install properly. Hi jp (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || will this install without issue? || || Publisher is pa...

Cannot associate .doc files with Word 2007 on Windows 7
I have Word 2007. I double click a doc file and a dialog opens asking me which program to open it with. Word is not among the options. So I click "Always use the selected program ..."and then go into "Browse ..." find my Offce12 folder and the winword.exe file, select it, and ... nothing happens. Doc files continue to have no association. So I tried the built-in diagnostics on Word 2007, and it was ok. Then I tried "winword /r" to re-register Word 2007. It seemed to run to completion, but it made no difference. I cannot associate doc files with...

Installing Microsoft Office 2007
I am sorry if this has already been covered, but here goes: I am trying to install Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 in order to open microsoft word. I am installing it after the computer crashed and had the program memory dumped. It seems to install correctly, but when I try to open Microsoft Word, or any other office 2007 application, it says that the product has not been installed for this user, and that I should run the setup to install it. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, to no avail, in addition to the 'repair' option in control panel >> progr...

How to access CRM data from MS Word
I watched in a power point presentation downloaded from MS website that you can access your CRM data from MS word to make well formatted offers for your customers. There was an area on the right with CRM data in it and you can chose the data you want then inset it into the word document. Any idea how to make this. On May 10, 3:21 pm, Maged Assabri <MagedAssa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I watched in a power point presentation downloaded from MS website that you > can access your CRM data from MS word to make well formatted offers for your > customers. > Ther...

Importing a spreadsheet into MS Word
I have just upgraded my machine to MS Office 2003 and was wondering if there is anyway to import an Excel spreadsheet into a Word document? Could someone please let me know. Thanks Geordieboy -- Maybe just select your range, then copy|paste??? geordieboy wrote: > > I have just upgraded my machine to MS Office 2003 and was wondering if there > is anyway to import an Excel spreadsheet into a Word document? Could someone > please let me know. > > Thanks > > Geordieboy > -- -- Dave Peterson ...

Smtp addresses export to excel file
I have and exchange 5.5 server. We have another location seperate from us that would like all of our smtp address in an excel format. I have tried several KB articles regaurding this. One uses the save window in exchange admin to create a csv file. This would work fine however when I open the file the only thing that is listed in the spreadsheet is the name of the mailbox, phone #, and date modified. No Smtp addresses are included. Is there an easier way. Any help much appreciated. Thanks! Hi Aaron, Thank you for your post! You can use Outlook to realize this feature. Just follow the step...

Hyperlinks Disabled in Office 2007
I can no longer click through a hyperlink in Outlook or Word. When I attemt to, I get the following error message: " This operation has ben cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator". I though it might be a Norton problem, but it is not. They suggested I contact MS to diagnose the root of the issue. Any ideas where to start and how to correct the problem? -- Jerry You receive an error message when you click a hyperlink in Outlook http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310049 Jemckenna wrote: > I can no l...

Publisher #58
How do I set up a self running brochure in publisher??? Thanks, Amber Define "self running". -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Amber" <Amber @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68260A3F-0070-4DA2-B361-0187F77FF8A4@microsoft.com... > How do I set up a self running brochure in publisher??? Thanks, Amber Amber wrote: > How do I set up a self running brochure in publisher??? Thanks, Amber Find your "self", feel "publisher", what a burn! ...

MS Outlook 2010 beta
Hi I am using MS Outlook 2010 beta with a IMAP/SMTP type account and I am finding that all the emails I download and read are staying on my webmail server account. I cannot find a setting option anywhere to "delete server copy" Can someone please help me Thanks "Asha" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:uP1$9g9oKHA.1892@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi I am using MS Outlook 2010 beta with a IMAP/SMTP type account and I am > finding that all the emails I download and read are staying on my webmail > server account. I cannot find a setting option an...

How do I include print screen option in Publisher Webpage?
I am creating webpage project for my students using publisher. I would like to include a print option on one of the pages. Need instruction on how to complete this task. Thank you. Laurie Cook May I suggest you post your question in the publisher.webdesign newsgroup after you have a look around http://www.publishermvps.com/WebDesign/tabid/29/Default.aspx? The site may answer the question for you. Plus it is a terrific site to bookmark for future reference. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Laurie Cook" <Laurie Cook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

No leading for list inside table (Word 2007)
I have a simple 2-column table containing agenda items for a meeting. The left column contains the topics. They are formatted as a numbered list. The right column contains the subtopics. They are formatted as a bulleted list. It looks like this: 1. Topic 1 * Subtopic * Subtopic 2. Topic 2 * Subtopic 3. Topic 3 * Subtopic * Subtopic * Subtopic * Subtopic The paragraph settings for both columns are the same: 6 pts Spacing before 0 pts Spacing after Checked Don't add space be...

Deploying SP2 to MS Exchange Server 2003
I'm curious as to if the Release notes for "Microsoft Exchanger server 2003 Service Pack 2 Release Notes" 906671 applies to SBS 2003 Premium Server SP1 running Exchange 2003 SP1? On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 08:51:05 -0800, "AllenM" <allen.miyake@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm curious as to if the Release notes for "Microsoft Exchanger server 2003 >Service Pack 2 Release Notes" 906671 applies to SBS 2003 Premium Server SP1 >running Exchange 2003 SP1? > Sp2 is supported on SBS 2003, so I would say yes Thanks for your opinion Andy. given that c...

access 2007 database secrety and user
hello every one I am creating a database with access 2007 and i Want to define user and level securety but i can't. plese help me Access 2007 doesn't support user-level security, at least not with ACCDB (the Access 2007 file format) -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "mehdi ghadiry" <ghadirymehdi@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1183827376.088565.41340@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > hello every one > I am creating a database with access 2007 and i Want to define user > and level securety but i can...

2003 documents converted to 2007, lines drawn in are misaligned
I have 100s of documents converted over to 2007 and anywhere there were lines drawn in from the "shapes" menu - they are not lining up properly on the page when printed out. ...