MS Pub 2003 versus Pub 2000 and 97

I have both Pub 2000 and 97 installed on my machine running Win XP Home and
MS Word 2000. For my purposes (using numerous endnotes and both English and
Cyrillic fonts) I prefer Pub 97. May someone tell me if there is any
advantage of installing and using Pub 2003?
--------------
Ilya Zeldes
Fort Myers, Florida
ILYAZ@EARTHLINK.NET

0
ilyaz (25)

Hi ilyaz (ilyaz@earthlink.net),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| I have both Pub 2000 and 97 installed on my machine running Win XP
|| Home and MS Word 2000. For my purposes (using numerous endnotes and
|| both English and Cyrillic fonts) I prefer Pub 97. May someone tell
|| me if there is any advantage of installing and using Pub 2003?

This link should help:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/publisher/prodinfo/compare.mspx
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)
12/3/2004 7:18:52 PM
Brian,
thanks for a quick reply. I checked the page, but there is nothing of
interest to me. Sure, all the many features could be used, but my major
concern is - will the 2003 version keep my endnotes? Could non-English fonts
along with the English one be used? I found no answers to these questions.
Ilya

"Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" <bkvalheim@publishermvps.com> wrote in message
> Hi ilyaz (ilyaz@earthlink.net),
> in the newsgroups
> you posted:
>
> || I have both Pub 2000 and 97 installed on my machine running Win XP
> || Home and MS Word 2000. For my purposes (using numerous endnotes and
> || both English and Cyrillic fonts) I prefer Pub 97. May someone tell
> || me if there is any advantage of installing and using Pub 2003?
>
> This link should help:
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/publisher/prodinfo/compare.mspx
> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> http://www.publishermvps.com
> ~pay it forward~

> confers no rights.

0
ilyaz (25)
12/4/2004 1:08:21 AM
ilyaz wrote:
> Brian,
> thanks for a quick reply. I checked the page, but there is nothing of
> interest to me. Sure, all the many features could be used, but my
> major concern is - will the 2003 version keep my endnotes? Could
> non-English fonts along with the English one be used? I found no
> answers to these questions. Ilya

It will keep everything, and you can use the different fonts. However, if
the features listed at that site are of no interest, then I would stick with
what already works for you.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
ic (207)
12/4/2004 1:36:53 AM
Thanks, Brian. That's why I still use Pub 97 and love it. But I feel sorry
that for so many years I'm not advancing:)
Ilya

"Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" <ic@ntellu.com> wrote in message
> ilyaz wrote:
>> Brian,
>> thanks for a quick reply. I checked the page, but there is nothing of
>> interest to me. Sure, all the many features could be used, but my
>> major concern is - will the 2003 version keep my endnotes? Could
>> non-English fonts along with the English one be used? I found no
>> answers to these questions. Ilya
>
> It will keep everything, and you can use the different fonts. However, if
> the features listed at that site are of no interest, then I would stick
> with what already works for you.
> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> http://www.publishermvps.com
> ~pay it forward~

> confers no rights.

0
ilyaz (25)

RDP incoming not working on Server 2003
I have a server running Server 2003 Standard which has been running just fine for some time but this week a new problem has arisen. I cannot establish an RDP session with it, no remote system on its subnet can even make an initial RDP connection at all. On the server itself, I can RDP out to any PC on the subnet with no problem. I've also looked all through the Event Logs and there are no errors at all that have anything to do with this or at the times I've tried to connect from a remote PC. I checked over and over to make sure Remote Connections are allowed in My ...

Have Outlook 2000. How do I get rid of spam?
I need step by step directions because I don't know the termenology. When we open Outlook it comes up under my husband's e-mail. Then I Open mine. He is not spamed. I get hundreds each day. HELP! winnieB <winnieB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need step by step directions because I don't know the termenology. > When we open Outlook it comes up under my husband's e-mail. Then I > Open mine. He is not spamed. I get hundreds each day. HELP! Step by step: 1) Open Internet Explorer. 2) Browse to http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/ 3) Downoad SpamBaye...

Distribution Files for MFC in VS .net 2003

Exchange 2000 DST Changes

Restoring Exchange 2000 cluster to "standard" Exchange 2000 Enterp
Hi all, At the moment we are creating a "full" test environment built from backup tapes from our live environment. DC's are all up and running. Our 2000 native forest exists out of a top domain and 2 child domains. All DC's are running 2000 SP3 as well as the Exchange servers. Exchange servers are located in the child domains. In one of the child domains which is NL.top.net we have an Exchange cluster, 2 nodes active/active eg. These would be EX01 and EX02 and running EX04 and EX05. Since we unfortunately do not have a SAN in our test site I will not be able to do a DR...

Outlook 2000 send/receive
I am having troubles trying to get Outlook 2000 to automaticly send/receive e-mails...any help? I am not sure if it is what you are looking for but here goes: Under the Tools menu, click Options. In the dialog box that opens next click on Mail Delivery tab, then make sure there is a check in the box beside "send messages immediately when connected." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14fdf01c41cac$9696e2c0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I am having troubles trying to get Outlook 2000 to > automaticly send/receive e-mails...any help? ...

Exchange 2003 OWA #6
Exchange 2003 OWA I would appreciate if someone would be able to help me. When I'm trying to access Exchange 2003 Server via OWA, I'm getting error "The folder can't be displayed. You do not have permission to perform this action" We also running Microsoft ISA Server. Thanks ...

An Outlook 2003 Problem

Sorting Attendee Lists in Outlook 2003
Is there any way to sort attendees by either name or attendee status in Outlook 2003? I don't know how Microsoft could be so oblivious to the need for this feature. You can't even click on the column headers to sort, let alone print out a list of people sorted by accept and decline. Microsoft's online help system recommends Alt + PrntScreen???? How archaic is that? Is there anyone out there that can help me??? Thanks! ...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 upgrade issue 3

MS Office 2008 home version with Pro for entourage
Hello and thanks for any help you can provide. I have MS Office 2008 Home & Student edition. I want to install only word, excel and powerpoint and then separately install Entourage 2008 Pro (as provided by my hosted exchange co.) in order to connect to my exchange server. I have done this before and remember some convoluted errors but it eventually worked. My latest attempt did not. Has there been a change to prevent this from working? ...

copy does not work in word 2003

Link and Embed in 2003
Using the Insert>Picture>From File comand we can use either the 'insert' or 'link to file' command to insert a picture. During our development we prefer to link pictures then when completed save the .ppt with all pictures embedded. 1. When pictures are in slides during design is it possible to tell if the picture is linked or embedded? 2. Is there a way to embed any/all linked pictures when the slide presentation is completed without going to each slide and reinserting the picture as 'insert' Cheers! -- Blumburg In article <07E6153F-5D...

Excel 2000 vs. Excel 2002

cell selection gone crazy on Excel 2003

MS Excel Print setup
Hi, When i save a document by using landscape setting,& by opening again that document it does'nt show saved setting. It shows portrait option,not landscpe option. Piyush ...

email
How can I change the time that it takes for message to shift from BOLD (unread) to PLAIN TEXT (as read) in my inbox. If I open MS OUTLOOK it will change within 30 seconds to PLAIN TEXT from BOLD appearing as read, even if I don't want to read them at that time. Therefore, later, I don't know if I read that one or not. I have seen the time limit change on the setup somewhere, but can't find it now! joe@dixiesteamway.com Outlook does not have this option to mark an email as read when viewing in the Preview pane. Only Outlook Express does. "Joe Dobbins" <joe...