moving files

How do I move files from publisher 98 to publisher 2000? The programs are
installed separately.
0
dune (11)

If you are talking about the documents you created, you wouldn't have to.
But if you wanted to - copy and paste.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"dunefarm" <dune@discus.micro.com> wrote in message
> How do I move files from publisher 98 to publisher 2000? The programs are
> installed separately.

0
jl_amerson (3088)

Open file and keep it hidden 02-15-10
Hi all Is there a way I can open a file, and keep it hidden? I need to open some file, and change them then save them - the problem is when excel is open, and I get a new window - it appear for 1-2 secs in the task bar, and might be shown excel. Can I avoid that? if VarIsEmpty(ExcelApplication) then try ExcelApplication := GetActiveOleObject('Excel.Application'); except ExcelApplication := CreateOleObject('Excel.Application'); //ExcelApplication.Visible := True; {enable this line for debugging} end; ExcelApplication.Displa...

Changing of Cell protections after saving Excel File (2002)
This problem occurs when I protect a document using a macro 4.0 function: =PROTECT.DOCUMENT(TRUE,,,TRUE,TRUE). When I use the function within a macro4.0 macro, on an original file, everything works fine. The sheet has unlocked cells, and when the sheet is protected, it allows me to access those cells. But if I save the file, or save.as another name, then the fun begins. The enable selection of the sheet( view codes) has gone from 0-xlNoRestrictions to -4142- xlNoSelection. This locks me out of doing anything in the sheet. When I unprotect and then re-protect the sheet using the T...

JPG ... GIF files
I would like to know how to save pictures that have been imbedded in HTML messages as JPG and GIF ... the save picture as option only allows me to save as BMP. Something has changed in my system in the last few months as this was never a problem before. Thanks Gordon, Do you have the newest version of Internet explorer? IE used to have a bug that would make this happen. But, since I've updated to the newest one, it doesn't do that anymore. Eric "Gordon" <indiana@ptbo.igs.net> wrote in message news:020c01c39b43$6b6ebf40$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I would lik...

delete files
I want to be able to look at office files (as in My Computer, Explore on my pc) so I can move files around, delete them, etc. Using Find doesn't accomplish this easily. On 10/20/04 4:43 PM, "gramjg" wrote: > I want to be able to look at office files (as in My Computer, Explore > on my pc) so I can move files around, delete them, etc. Using Find > doesn't accomplish this easily. You just recently switched to a Mac? On a Mac, Finder is the equivalent of Windows Explorer. Find File is the program that searches the hard drive. Usually I sort files by opening up ...

Bad File Name
I'm getting the Error #52, Bad File Name or Number. FileCopy "C:\PROSERV\DB\Restore.mdb", "C:\PROSERV\BU\Format(Date,""yyyymmdd"") & "".mdb" The file defintely exisits. Could it be the format part thats not right. Thanks DS DS wrote: >I'm getting the Error #52, Bad File Name or Number. > >FileCopy "C:\PROSERV\DB\Restore.mdb", >"C:\PROSERV\BU\Format(Date,""yyyymmdd"") & "".mdb" Hard to tell without knowing what file name you are looking for. Is this the same ...

Three characters at beginning of xml file written with xmltextwriter
Here they are:  They appear at the beginning of the file. If I cut and paste the file with these characters into a xml validator I get an error. These characters do not appear in notepad but do in my other text editor. Explorer seems to open the file ok though. Thanks Ellie wrote: > Here they are: > >  > > They appear at the beginning of the file. If I cut and paste the file > with these characters into a xml validator I get an error. These > characters do not appear in notepad but do in my other text editor. > Explorer seems to open the file ok though....

can't use "send to" for file attachment outlook 2007
I can't use the send to function to attach a file to outlook 2007 using windows 7 64 bit. I can within the email use the attach file function. what happens when you try? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use? http://foru...

Moving Public folders #4
Hello, how to move public folder from one server to another? Is there a way to prohibit creating public folders on a server? For some reason users are creating public folders on the wrong mail server. I would like to move the existing folders to the right mail server and prohibit the creation of folders on the old exchange server. Thnaks. you can specify the "default" public folder store for the mailbox store...would that help? you can also prohibit users from creating "top level" folders, and if they do not have sufficient permissions, they cannot create any folders....

Can't Email to Moved Domain
We had a sister company operating within our WAN. We hosted their mail on our single Exch 2003 server. This company was sold and moved off of our servers. We removed all of their information from our Exchange server. I have deleted all of their mailboxes, AD user accounts, any reference to their domain in the recipient policies, and any entries in our dns system for their domain name. Still, when we try to send messages to these people at their new location we get an NDR that says "The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail addr...

Hanging while Saving the Excel File
Hi, While when I try to Save My Excel File the system is Hanging . I had also Reinstalled the MSOffice but the Same problem exits.please Give me any solution to solve this. Hi Prabu, We need some more information. Does this problem exist for just one file or do you have problems for all Excel files? By "Hanging" do you mean freezing or just taking a long time? These answers might help someone find a solution. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

when starting excel, .doc & .dat file come up ?????
When I got my new computer at work XP Pro operating, w/2003 Office pro, every time I open Excel, about 12 .doc & .dat file pop up saying not excel format files, and I have to say close to everyone. Then, if automatically defaults to opening an excel file that is someone elses. I have tried running a repair, uninstalling and reinstalling, and nothing works. Never, have I had anything like this happen in my fifteen years. Any suggestions????? HELP it really slows me down. -- thankssomuch The first place I'd check is: Tools|Options|General Tab Make sure that the "at star...

"Ask always before opening this file type" cannot be unchecked
Windows Vista Ultimate, Outlook 2007, no Google desktop installed The following issue: When trying to open or save an attachment (word, excel, powerpoint), you get a dialogue box asking whether you want to save/open the file. In the last line, there is a checkbox "Ask always before opening this file type". This checkbox is gray, and cannot be unchecked (view here: http://www.poetzsch-consulting.de/test/Nachfrage.jpg). Strange enough, this issue ocurrs with all attachments, except pdfs. For pdfs, for instance, the box can be unchecked. How the box can be made accessable? Any c...

Shared excel file dissapears
We use a shared excel 2000 xls file shared on a w2k server as a production log. we now have about 30 users with about 12 users constantly editing. As we add more users the dissapearances seem to mount up. we are at about 2 a day now. I was wondering what the max amount vs the recommended amount of simultaneous users are. Are there any known issues which would cause excel to mysteriously vanish?? thanks cr -- http://QLiner.com It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried. - Winston Churchill ...

Publisher 2003 file not updated on save
Hi, I have a client using Publisher 2003 under XP. The file she is working on, March.pub, is stored on a Windows 2003 server which she accesses via a mapped P: drive. Yesterday, she worked on a file most of the day and swears she did a Save very often. About 4pm, she saved, printed her work, exited from Publisher, logged off Windows, and went home. Today when she came in she opened the file, only to find that it was missing much of her work. I checked and in fact the latest version on the server is from about 1pm. I had no luck finding a temporary version on the XP machine's C: dr...

I have a e-mail in my delete file that will not deleate.
I have tried to delete a file from my junk mail file, when I try to remove the e-mail I get a message to go to an in box repair tool, with a scanpst.exe. Nothing appears when I type in scanpst.exe and this e-mail I cannot move the e-mail it is frozen Search, to include hidden files for scanpst.exe. You dont run scanpst.exe from within outlook "roger" <roger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EBD25472-D780-4E95-9F7C-1F69E01FE913@microsoft.com... >I have tried to delete a file from my junk mail file, when I try to remove > the e-mail I get a m...

Macro syntax to open file in current explorer folder
Pt 1 : MS Excel 97 SR-2 ----------------------- I would like to use a macro code line starting Workbooks.OpenText FileName:=".\AmsAll-1.prn", _ to open the tab delimited file "AmsAll-1.prn" in the folder from which I launch the Excel application. However the ".\" path qualifier always reverts to the C: drive, not the K: mapped drive that I access all my project files from. It is inconvenient to navigate several levels down to the project from C:\ just to run this one application. The following does work : Workbooks.OpenText FileName:="k:.\AmsAll-1...

Moving contacts to Exchange 2000 Enterprise Server
Does anyone know an easy way to move my smtp addresses from CCmail 8.2 address book (about 400 of them) over to contacts in Active directory. I am running Windows 2000 Server and Exchange 2000 Enterprise Server. Cheers Crazy cc:Mail's export command with the /DIRECTORY switch can export them in an quasi - ldif format which could be massaged and used with ldifde to import. cc:Mail's Import/Export users guide will help on the export start with 237677 Using LDIFDE to import and export directory objects to Active Directory http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;...

Selecing cntrl + arrow key to move to next populated cell
Hi, This bugs me about excel, and it leads to mistakes, so I thought I'd ask: When I select Control key plus the arrow key, I thought this skipped all blank cells and took you to the next populated cell. What I've found however is that it sometimes ignores cells with content, and my cursor goes to the bottom of the sheet, leading me to believe that a column is empty when it is not. Why does excel do this? does it depend on the data type of the data in the column? please help, I can't figure it out. thanks, Craig Ctrl-Down (for example) If the active cell is: Empty - goes...

delimited file format issue
i get reports from (idx) a program that are delimited files. the columns are all fine but 1 and i can't figure it out. its supposed to be money and comes across as 11500. in the original program (idx) it would look like 115.00 and that is how i want it to look in excel. i tried the easy stuff like formatting and i keep getting 11500.00 or 1150.0 in my simple mind i thought it would be easy to move that decimal but its not turning out that way. i have thousands of line items so doing it one by one is not the optimum solution. any help is appreciated. excel 2003 os XP You really wa...

Importing a .VCS file
When I attempt to import a .VCS file created by Lotus Organizer 6.0 Outlook gives me an error message stating that I do not have the rights to import such a file. I was able to import one calendar event that was saved as a .VCS file. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

PST file issue sin Outlook 2007
I am receiving the following error when I launch Outlook 2007 - Personal Folders: The file c:\users\david\desktop\dwb-archive.pst cannot be found. It is an old .pst file that I no longer need .. How can I get rid of this message? Thanks David Remove it from your profile. How you ask? You tell us first what = version of Outlook. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, dbennett8@comcast.net asked: | I am receivi...

File open dialog
Is there a way to see essential file parameters such as size and date of last change in the file open dialog (in Office X I can only see the name of the files while I see all the parameters in the corresponding Windows-dialog-box). Thanks for any hints, Marko Marquardt In article <BBFE9DA1.C83%Marko.Marquardt@gmx.de>, Marko Marquardt <Marko.Marquardt@gmx.de> wrote: > Is there a way to see essential file parameters such as size and date of > last change in the file open dialog (in Office X I can only see the name of > the files while I see all the parameters in the co...

Conversion to pdf file problem
I have MS Publisher 2007 and Windows XP. I created a document which will be printed on 11 x 8 1/2 paper (landscape style) and folded in half- booklet. The individual page is 5.5 x 8.268 and thus two pages are printed on one landscape sheet. I can use the Print Preview and the publisher document looks fine but when I convert and publish it to a pdf document, the pages are screwy. The pages are narrow with text cut off . What am I doing wrong? Are you using the *save as a PDF* add-in from Microsoft? How did your booklet lose a quarter of an inch? Try the add-in, see if it converts c...

How to skip bad files during batch copy.
I have a 500gb USB drive. It has all my photos on it. I want to copy the lot to a new PC. Some of the files are corrupt. During a copy, I get an error message about a particular file, click OK and the whole process halts. I have about 11,000 photos, and I guess froma small survey about 2% of them are broken. I need a way of batch copying that will auto-skip bad files, then give me a list so that I can go back later and try to recover them - in the meantime 10,800 photos will be saved (literally). I tried a couple af free file-management downloads, but they seem to just use th...

gif files
Since synchronizing m e-mail with "Outlook" my emails containing a gif file do not work. I need help to get them to work. I have another email account that they will work with and they work with my regular email. Any help? What type of email account are you synchronizing with outlook? What exactly does "do not work" mean? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsle...