Missing Fonts in Word Art

When I open up a Pub 2003 document on a computer that did not create the
document, the fonts that are missing on the current computer are listed as
the document is opened. These missing fonts are only those used in text
boxes, not the fonts used in word art. The word art just defaults to an
arial font. When I open the "edit text" menu in word art, the font box is
blank.

Do I have a setting wrong or is this just how it is with Publisher 2003?

Thanks,

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Brad Lyon

bradnospam@ldgpv.com

0
bob83 (1)

PIPster wrote:
> When I open up a Pub 2003 document on a computer that did not create the
> document, the fonts that are missing on the current computer are listed as
> the document is opened. These missing fonts are only those used in text
> boxes, not the fonts used in word art. The word art just defaults to an
> arial font. When I open the "edit text" menu in word art, the font box is
> blank.
>
> Do I have a setting wrong or is this just how it is with Publisher 2003?

No, that's the way things are. I think it's to do with Publisher's
WordArt deriving from Office's shared drawing features (Escher), whereas
the text box was designed especially for Publisher.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

Embedded word doc changed to image-need to change back to word.
I have an embedded word document that misteriously changed into an image. This image is not a word doc converted into a picture (i.e. like I convert an embedded word doc by right clicking and selecting 'image object', 'covert', and then select to activate as a word doc.) but an actual image as if I inserted a picture. Need to turn the image back into a word doc so I can recover my work. It would also be nice to figure out how I am changing to an image, amost seems like a bug since it has randomly happened twice. ...

News button is missing from customize toolbars
I tried to add the News button to allow the newsgroup reader function. It was there at first. I followed the instruction that said it was hidden, and I had to move it from the Customize Toolbar menu. I went under the Go section, and found News. I moved it to the Go section of my file menu, and it was there. I opened the newsgroup reader, and started to create a usenet account. I was missing some info for my account, so I canceled out and closed the newsgroup reader and Outlook. Now when I open Outlook, the News button that I put under the Go File menu is gone, and it isn't...

missing text 02-12-10
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I can't see the some of the text in some of my incoming mail messages in entourage. Some messages are displayed correctly throughout, but some are not. I see the mail heading, but not all of the message text. This applies to both html messages and to plain text messages. If I hit reply (or reply all) I see all of the message text. <br><br>This problem was posted in December by another user, but no resolution was given. ...

how do I increase drop list font and box size I created
Font is small and you have to scroll through list due to box size If the dropdown was created using Data Validation.............Font size is set at 8pt Dropdown box height cannot be changed. For workarounds like using a ComboBox and using Zoom see Debra Dalgleish's site on DV Lists. http://www.contextures.on.ca/tiptech.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 11:36:02 -0700, cdietz1 <cdietz1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Font is small and you have to scroll through list due to box size ...

Screen Fonts
The screen font looks terrible in excel on my G5 and Cinema 23" HD Flat panel display All other program fonts look great. I cannot remember how to fix the problem. I tried to change font smoothing in General prespane. No luck. Office X - Mac 10.2.8. Please email me with any suggestions. Thanks I am not familiar with a Mac but you can change the excel font setting in Tools >> Options>>General Tab Scroll through the Font names. The font list is is same as inany program you have, standard windows setting. Mark http://au.geocities.com/excelmarksway >-----Original M...

AutoFormat not working in Word 2007 in Windows 7
I have just installed the Office 2007 suite on Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit edition. Almost everything works well, but I noticed that when I type quotes, Word 2007 is not automatically converting them from straight quotes to curly quotes. I have went into the Word Options and tried the setting both ways, but it makes no difference. I have made absolutely no changes to this installation, and this problem does not occur on my Windows Vista and Windows XP machines. The computer is virus-free (I have an antivirus solution running, I don't go to shady sites to begin with...

FRx
We have an FRx report containing 12 columns - one for each month. We are using the P<=B Print Control in the column layout to only print those months that are less than or equal to the Base Period. When we generate a report that contains six months or more and export it to an .XLS spreadhsheet it looks fine. However, if the report contains less than six months (fewer columns), we don't get our report heading. Is this due to a setup option somewhere in the catalog id? Have you checked the "Header Options" under your column layout? Look at the "spread from and ...

MAPI Failure message using 2007 word
-- JOHN HASKINS I keep getting this error message when I try to send a document from Word 2007 to my Outlook Email Client, which is my default email setup. I followed the recommended steps that help feature suggested, but that did not work by saving the document then closing and also closing Outlook, which was when word would restart it would start a new MAPI Session. No Go! What much I do. All other applications and software allow me to send to my email client except Office. ...

Hide Quck Parts in Word 2007
Hi, Is it possible to hide empty quick parts in word 2007? I am populating quick parts from a sharepoint list (wss 3.0) and some of the fields in this list are not rquired and the field names are showing when the metadata is empty. http://www.moss2007.be/blogs/vandest/archive/2009/12/03/configure-word-2007-content-controls-with-empty-placeholder-text.aspx ...

can the fill colour of a bar be tied to the data font colour data

Font Bernhard Fashion BT
The font Bernhard Fashion BT is part of my logo and it was on my old computer which had XP and Office 2003. When I went to try to edit one of my logo'd documents the font has been changed. I went to change it back to Bernhard Fashion BT and that font is not in the drop down menu. Where did it go and how can I get it back? -- Thank you for your help -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Confused by 2007" <Confusedby2007@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Font Size Problem in Options Dialog Box
I recently noticed that the font size on each of the tabbed dialog boxes under Tools > Options is huge and the words don't even fit in the boxes. The font size of the tab titles in normal. Does anyone know what might cause this, or where it can be reset or adjusted? This condition is recent and has not always been this way. TIA -- Wayne Boatwright o�o ____________________ BIOYA Try starting Outlook one time with the /cleanviews switch. start->run->outlook.exe /cleanviews. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ...

Word attachments
I am running Windows 7 and Word 2007. I want my attachments to open in Print preview not full screen reading view. I have unchecked the box in Word Options, rebooted and resent emails with attachments to myself. However, they will not open in any other mode but full screen reading view. Any suggestions welcome. You can disable Full Screen Reading view, but you cannot force documents to open in Print Preview. If you mean Print Layout view, then you need to save them in this view; see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (...

Mail missing
One of my client got a Surf Control email filtering running on exchange 2003 with SP1. Yesterday, he found around 150 incoming emails between roughly 2:00pm to 4:30pm sit in the Surf Control outbox and not moving into Exchange Pick up folder. Hence, he manaully moved the emails to Exchange pickup folder "c:\pro..\......\vsi\pickup". It was working before but not this time. All the 150 emails are now gone missing. Not in bad mail folder, not in queue, not in badmail folder, Not in MTA stack. We did Message Tracking on some of the missing messages. .............................

opening an old 1992 Word document, registry error
I tried to open a document created in 1992 but instead of opening I get a message that tells me I cannot because my registry doesn't allow it -- wrb See “Information about certain file types that are blocked after you install Office 2003 Service Pack 3” at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=938810 -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Seabee74" <Seabee74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6ADC0871-2FB3-4880-9525-5EFE3C3AD3C5@microsoft.com... >I tried to open a document...

View equations created in Word 2007
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Greetings! I've successfully installed Office 2008 update 12.0.1 on my MacBook Pro running 10.5.2. One of the fixes that was listed in the Microsoft Knowledgebase article associated with the update was the ability to edit equations created in Word 2007 for Windows. After applying the update, I still get a warning message when opening a file created in Word 2007: "This file contains Word 2007 for Windows equations"; the document opens with placeholders (blank squares) instead of the equations. Does anyone el...

Inserting word 'merge field' into Excel
I have data in Word merge fields that I need to put in an Excel table. Each Word file is exactly the same and there are a few hundred files. If I can't do this direct to a spreadsheet, can I do it through Access? ...

Can't open office documents from my emails until word is openned f
When I try to open a word document or excel spreadsheet that is saved as an attachement to an email, I get the message: Windows cannot find ‘c:/users/mona/appdata/local\microsoft\windows\temporary internet files\low\content.IE5\SB2EHHFL\xxx[1].xls\’ Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. If I open Word or Excel before clicking on the attachement to open it, then it works. This problem only happens when using my laptop which is running Windows Vista and office 2007. I do not have any problems with this on our desktop which is running XP and office 2003. Wo...

How to Change default font /is it possible to retrieve a deleted f
My PC runs on the new Windows 7. 1. Is it possible to retrieve a deleted file? I did look in the recyle area, and my deleted file was not there. 2. How do you change the default font? 1. If the file has been deleted from the Recycle Bin, you'll need special data recovery software. I have to admit that I have no idea how useful that kind of software actually is. Depending on the nature of the deleted document, it might not be worth the effort (or cost). 2. You can choose a font in the Font dialog box (Ctrl+D) and then click the Default button to change the defaul...

Sending Word attachments to AOL and/or Mac users
When I send an email from my Outlook to people who use aol and to people who use a Mac, they can't open the .doc Word or .xls Excel attachments. They get only a .dat file which they can't open. What do I need to do as the sender so they can open/read the attachments? rebecca wrote: > When I send an email from my Outlook to people who use aol > and to people who use a Mac, they can't open the .doc Word > or .xls Excel attachments. They get only a .dat file > which they can't open. What do I need to do as the sender > so they can open/read the attachment...

How do I limit number of fonts available in Word
I only switch between a handful of fonts, when I work with Office products. How do I limit the number of fonts listed? I've removed a lot from c: > Windows > Fonts, but every time I open Word, I'm still seeing more than I'm interested in. Install file management software. Word displays all the installed fonts the current printer is capable of printing. Cheaper still format your documents with styles and ignore the font listing altogether. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><...

Why is some clip art labeled 'dgxlasset' and will not paste into .
I am having trouble using clip art with Publisher on an XP system. The clips are not shown in preview, just as an icon labeled "dgxlasset." I have tried to follow the instructions to download the correct converters but to no avail. Many times also I have tried to copy/paste clip art and it says that the clipboard is busy. Very confusing and not at all user-friendly! Your cache is full, in IE, tools, Internet Options, delete files. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "GrannyLib" <GrannyLib@discuss...

Column, Row Font Size
For some reason the column letters and the row numbers - at the very top and far left on any worksheet - have become so small on a particular worksheet as to be illegible. What have I done, and how do I undo it? If it only happens on one worksheet, maybe you've set the zoom too small. From the menu bar: View|Zoom... (and resize to look nice) There's a Zoom icon on the Standard toolbar that you could use, too. (My icon is at the far right of that toolbar.) Old Red One wrote: > > For some reason the column letters and the row numbers - at the very top and > far left ...

Word 2001 for OS X
Simple question that I just can't hunt down the answer to, and I hope someone could just answer pretty easily. . . . Does Mac Word 2001 work on the latest version of Mac OS X (10.3.7 I think)??? And I don't mean in classic mode, I mean does it work like any other program without having to use classic mode. I think so, but I need to know for sure. In article <1104957946.508268.170070@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, jsteinsapir@gmail.com wrote: > Simple question that I just can't hunt down the answer to, and I hope > someone could just answer pretty easily. . . . Doe...

Why won't word alphabetize a list of email addresses?
I typed a list of single spaced email addresses separated by paragraphs and want to alphabetize them. When I try, I get an error message "Word cannot sort fields in the selections." How can I sort this list? Thanks!!! In the Sort dialog, for "Sort by," make sure you have "Paragraphs" selected instead of "Field 1" or anything else. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Sort list of email addresses" <Sort list of email addresses@discussions.microsoft.com&...