miss aligned cards

Hi,
I've made business cards with publisher on my old computer. (think is is
office 11)
Now I have a new computer with office 2007.
I've moved all my publsiher files to the new computer.
Now all my business cards print out off center.
I'm using the same printer with the software/drivers for vista.
How do i fix this? How come the two publisher version don't work the same
when printing.
0
tstp (6)

My only advice would be to setup your business card document afresh. Use one of
the Avery templates, they seem to work better. Copy/paste from the older
document.
Be very sure your printer driver is current.
I've had some issues with the print, I have created business cards manually and
adjusted the print by nudging the publication until it prints correctly. Lasers
works far better than ink jet type printers.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"tstp" <tstp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I've made business cards with publisher on my old computer. (think is is
> office 11)
> Now I have a new computer with office 2007.
> I've moved all my publsiher files to the new computer.
> Now all my business cards print out off center.
> I'm using the same printer with the software/drivers for vista.
> How do i fix this? How come the two publisher version don't work the same
> when printing.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
3/30/2008 9:06:34 AM
Do u mean Avery templetes from Avery's web site?.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> My only advice would be to setup your business card document afresh. Use one of
> the Avery templates, they seem to work better. Copy/paste from the older
> document.
> Be very sure your printer driver is current.
> I've had some issues with the print, I have created business cards manually and
> adjusted the print by nudging the publication until it prints correctly. Lasers
> works far better than ink jet type printers.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "tstp" <tstp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I've made business cards with publisher on my old computer. (think is is
> > office 11)
> > Now I have a new computer with office 2007.
> > I've moved all my publsiher files to the new computer.
> > Now all my business cards print out off center.
> > I'm using the same printer with the software/drivers for vista.
> > How do i fix this? How come the two publisher version don't work the same
> > when printing.

0
tstp (6)
3/30/2008 10:06:01 AM
Hi Mary,
Got it to work, used one of the avery templetes in Publisher.
used the align to margins and bingo, they print perfectly.
Many thanks
tom

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> My only advice would be to setup your business card document afresh. Use one of
> the Avery templates, they seem to work better. Copy/paste from the older
> document.
> Be very sure your printer driver is current.
> I've had some issues with the print, I have created business cards manually and
> adjusted the print by nudging the publication until it prints correctly. Lasers
> works far better than ink jet type printers.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "tstp" <tstp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I've made business cards with publisher on my old computer. (think is is
> > office 11)
> > Now I have a new computer with office 2007.
> > I've moved all my publsiher files to the new computer.
> > Now all my business cards print out off center.
> > I'm using the same printer with the software/drivers for vista.
> > How do i fix this? How come the two publisher version don't work the same
> > when printing.

0
tstp (6)
3/30/2008 11:14:00 AM
Hey Tom, great news... Thanks for the update, it is appreciated.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Hi Mary,
> Got it to work, used one of the avery templetes in Publisher.
> used the align to margins and bingo, they print perfectly.
> Many thanks
> tom
>

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> My only advice would be to setup your business card document afresh. Use one
>> of
>> the Avery templates, they seem to work better. Copy/paste from the older
>> document.
>> Be very sure your printer driver is current.
>> I've had some issues with the print, I have created business cards manually
>> and
>> adjusted the print by nudging the publication until it prints correctly.
>> Lasers
>> works far better than ink jet type printers.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "tstp" <tstp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> > I've made business cards with publisher on my old computer. (think is is
>> > office 11)
>> > Now I have a new computer with office 2007.
>> > I've moved all my publsiher files to the new computer.
>> > Now all my business cards print out off center.
>> > I'm using the same printer with the software/drivers for vista.
>> > How do i fix this? How come the two publisher version don't work the same
>> > when printing.

0
mary-sauer (6480)

FILE MISSING
I had just finished working on a file (saved) before diverting to another thing. I was amazed to see that all the file content had disappeared while the file name remained . Ive tried all I could to open it to no avail. Kindly assist me urgently. My regards, Sodamola Are you saying that you can't open the file? If so what is the error message you get? if you mean that you can open the file but it is empty it is impossible, maybe you saved the file when your cursor was not in the area with the data then it will open at the same spot. Press ctrl + home to take you to A1 and see if ...

aligning dates
I have dates in the format yyyy mmm dd. If I use a font like Arial the = days(dd portion) don't line up. How can I align them without using a = fixed width font; maybe via number formatting codes? 2004 Sep 01 2004 Jul 01 Vivek -- [Rewrite email id to reply in person] Hi Vivek, One way, but it seems like monkey motion for little or nothing gained..... Put your three bits of data (yyyy,mmm,dd)in different colums, then with a bit of formatting you should be able to align them. >-----Original Message----- >I have dates in the format yyyy mmm dd. If I use a font like Arial the ...

How can I "align middle" the legend and plot area?
I'd like to vertically center align the plot area and the legend but can't select them at the same time. Is it possible to do this or do I have to eyeball it? Hi, You can not select both the plotarea and the legend in order to align them. If you use Right click > Chart Options > Legend > Bottom. The legend will align horizontally with the middle of the plot area. You will have to eyeball the vertical alignment and the same for the plot area alignment. Or you could use code. Uncomment line if you want the plotarea centered in chartobject. Place code in a standard code...

News missing from Go Menu and Customization
This is strange. I added news to the Go menu item so I could start the news reader. The next time I started Outlook 2003, the News item was missing from the Go menu and also missing from the Go category in customizing. Mark To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No button. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Mark Saunders...

How do I create a V card in Outlook
I understand that I can set up a V-card in Outlook which I can send to other Outlook users who can import my info. into their address book. How do I do this? Try Help, vcard, and follow the links provided. DeweySnyder1 wrote: > I understand that I can set up a V-card in Outlook which I can send to other > Outlook users who can import my info. into their address book. How do I do > this? ...

Printing on 5.5" X 8.5" card stock
All the card templates I've seen are set up to print on 8.5" X 11" paper. I want to make my cards on 5.5" X 8.5" card stock and am having no end of difficulty getting the Page Setup and Printer settings so that what I see on the screen and in Print Preview is what comes out on the page. Invariably, I'll set it up correctly on the screen, with the text box centered in the bottom half of the front. When I print it, however, the text box runs off the page to the lower right corner. Thanks for the help! You need to setup your printer for a custom size. Ar...

Missing sheet tabs and horizontal scroll bar
A user cannot see any sheet tabs or the horizontal scroll bar even though show the sheet tabs and horizontal scroll bar are selected in the Advanced Options. Is this possible? If so, how do I bring the sheet bars and horizontal bars back? Thx. Maybe they're just off the screen. In xl2003 menus, I'd use: Window|Arrange|Tiled and resize the way I like. Ms. Odom wrote: > > A user cannot see any sheet tabs or the horizontal scroll bar even though > show the sheet tabs and horizontal scroll bar are selected in the Advanced > Options. Is this possible? I...

missing send and receive menu off of tols and messages will not send ..
Hello, I just installed Outlook 2002 and I am not seeing the send/receive menu off of the tools menu. I do have full menus showing. Also, creating a new message and attempting to send it is not working. Can anyone help? Jeff did you create an account in outlook? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join O...

how to make an animated christmas card
I would like to make an animated christmas card that I can send to my overseas friends and relatives, but don't know how to get started. Informed Publisher was the best program, if better in another program please advise. Thank you. If you must do it in Publisher read the help on web pages. Animation only happens in HTML. There is a web site here where you can compose an animated card. http://www.freewebcards.com/pingapal/index.php -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Shogun38" <Shogun38@discussion...

How do I customize an Electronic Business Card for all contacts?
I see how to customize an individual EBC but how do you apply to all contacts? What's an Electronic Business Card? What does this have to do with Outlook? -- Russ Valentine "Default Electronic Business Card" <Default Electronic Business Card@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5A802D7-F7A3-42B4-BBA8-3027A77D9961@microsoft.com... >I see how to customize an individual EBC but how do you apply to all >contacts? EBCs are designed to be created and shared by the contact, just like each of your contacts may have a custom business card to h...

missing toolbar in outlook 2000
My toolbar is completly missing. No file,edit, view,favorite,tools,help.How do I get this toolbar to reappear. Are any of your other toolbars showing (Standard, Advanced, etc.)? If so, try resetting the Menu Bar by right-clicking one of the toolbars, selecting Customize, then the Toolbars tab -- highlight the Menu Bar in the list and press Reset. If that doesn't work, try renaming your outcmd.dat file to outcmd.old while Outlook is closed. Outlook will rebuild the default toolbars the next time you open it. If your Menu Bar "sticks" after doing this, then you know it was t...

Missing news command
The news command is missing from customize add/ remove button commands. How do I either get the command or write a new command for Outlook 2003. Any help greatly appreciated. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No button. You may need to reset the Menu Bar and/or restart Outlook and/or reboot your machine in order to complet...

publisher format menu missing
I'm working on a friends computer that has publisher 2002, and she uses the format menu all the time and she started publisher up today and the menu was gone, she has the toolbar, and I added the menu options she needs but she would like the menu back. Please help! View|Toolbars|Formatting -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "John" <bachelor_bill@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:b02d01c436ce$979da370$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I'm working on a friends computer that has publisher > 2002, and she uses the format menu all the time and she > started pu...

Request to pay credit card bills
Is there any way to shutdown the "pay bill now" request when balancing a credit card account? I don't think there is a way. I, too, find this annoying--almost as annoying as the "change scheduled item" prompt every week when I tweak my paycheck entry. "C.B. McCoy" <Radio-Man@msn.com> wrote in message news:egMqhljaDHA.2284@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to shutdown the "pay bill now" request when balancing a credit > card account? > > ...

organising my credit card debts
Hi I am trying to create a excel spreadsheet to document my outstanding and payments made on my credit cards, I havent used excel that much and was wondering how i would create formula;s to do all the calculations for me I would like the outstanding and then payments made then total owed, plus i would also like to have a total at the bottom or where ever that shows all my credit card debts totaled together prob doesnt make sense but i cant think of any other way to describe it like i said i havent used the program much if at all really, any help would be great i have 4 cards and a perso...

Missing menu items
I'm using Outlook 2003, and somehow, menu items are missing. For example, the Tools menu is missing Send/Receive Rules and Alerts and the Actions menu is missing New Mail Message New Mail Message using... Forward It's the same with other menus, as well. I've tried creating a new profile, removing and reinstalling Outlook, then removing and reinstalling MS Office 2003 completely. The options continue to be missing, and are not available using the Customize option, either... Anyone have a clue? Thanks. - Tim Do you have any mail accounts in your prof...

Exchange services missing
I am running NT 4.0 sp6a with exchange 5.5. I went to control panel services to stop exchange server and none of the services are listed. Most of the microsoft services are not listed. however the server and exchange seem to be working just fine. Norton has found no viruses and spyware software says server is clean. I am looking for any help. Thanks which ones are there, and which ones are missing? can you see them running as processes in task manager? <todd@amaesd.k12.mi.us> wrote in message news:%2370n18u1EHA.3504@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I am running NT 4.0 sp6a with exchan...

Missing data in some reports
I have a report that pulls in the name and address from my database for a report by individual. For the names I am using a trim statement like "=Trim([First Name]+" "+[Last Name]). This works well for most of the reports. For some business (Not All) with only a last name, none of the name prints. Some of the business names do print. Suggestions. -- Chigger Hill Try: =Trim([First Name] + " " & [Last Name]) This takes advantage of a slight difference between the 2 concatenation operators in Access: "A" + Null => Null "...

Backups Missing
I am using Money 2006 Deluxe on laptop with XP and desktop (new) with Vista. I cannot find the backup files in Vista. With XP, I go to C/Program Files/Microsoft Money 2006, open the file and the backups are there. Not so in Vista, the only backups listed are 2 months old. I cannot find the path to wherever Vista is backing up. In microsoft.public.money, tedhopkins wrote: >I am using Money 2006 Deluxe on laptop with XP and desktop (new) with Vista. >I cannot find the backup files in Vista. With XP, I go to C/Program >Files/Microsoft Money 2006, open the file and the backups are...

Missing MSExchangeIS Perfmon Counters
Has anyone seen this problem. I open up perfmon and all the msexchangeis counters are not listed in the dropdown box. They were there and now they are not, I have tried several logons including a domain admin. Thanks -- Exchange, Sharepoint, LCS, SQL, AD and a little .net is all you need... ...

Accept/Decline buttons missing from Meeting requests
When trying to send a meeting request from Outlook 2002 (on a Win2000) computer to someone using Outlook 98 (on NT), the meeting request shows up as a regular e-mail. The Accept, Decline, Tenative buttons don't show up and it doesn't get put on the calendar. ...

Missing Rows and Columns Pasting into Word from Excel
I posted this question earlier, but no one responded. I've tried to reword to clarify this time. When I Paste Special and select Picture (Enhanced Metafile) of a large set of cells from Excel (2007 12.0.6514.5000 SP2) into Word (2007 12.0.6504.5000 SP2), instead of pasting the entire copied range, the rows and columns that would fall off the page when I paste are actually missing. In other words, even if I shrink the picture by grabbing the little square handles and dragging it down, so it only takes up half the page, the missing rows and columns are still missing. They...

Query for missing date?
I have a database where a date needs to be entered for records, ie DateReceived. If the date text box is blank; no date entered, I need to track that by having a query which will tell me if the date has not been entered. I was thinking about the Where clause, something along the lines of where DateReceived=, and that is where I come to a stop, because I am not sure of the syntax, if at all this the right way to go. Is there another way I should go to find missing dates or a different clause to use. Thanks Update, I found out how to do what I wanted. 'Is Null' on th...

Microsoft Dynamic program is not connecting with Data Credit Card
Has anyone had the problem with having one program talk to the other? Cannot get the credit card swiper to work, seems as if Microsoft is not talking with the Data Processing Program... This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0442_01C7B43E.B7FECE50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Barb, You need to re-state your question. 1) Which program are you asking about RMS or MSPOS? 2) What is "the Data Processing Program"? 3) How is the credit card swipe hooked to the computer? USB, Serial = por...

Recent Cases missing when try to Promote Email and Set Regarding
Hi, We have been using CRM 4.0 for about a year, and I just noticed this problem. When I click on 'Track in CRM' then 'Set Regarding' on any email in my Outlook, I choose Case, and I am unable to see recent cases. I can see Cases up to and including 12/9/08. Cases added mroe recently can be seen in the Case section and also on each customer under Cases, but not when trying to promote emails. All users in our company appear to have the same problem. However, we are able to promote emails to other current records, such as contracts which were created today. Any sugge...