Milo: Struggling with trying to create a 8.75 x 11.25 bleed page P

I've been trying all kinds of things with MSPublisher and Adobe Acrobat to
create an 8.75 x 11.25 document so that the printer can truncate it to 8.5 x
11.

I've sort of found a way to make the page the larger size and declare a 1/8
border, but:
1)  when I go to look at the page, it thinks it's one of four pages because
it exceeds 8.5x11
2)  the PDF I create with Acrobat cuts off anything I have in that 1/8 frame
around and gives me just the document background color there.  So it's not a
true bleed of the pictures I'm putting on the page...just a bleed of the
background choice.

There's GOT to be a way to say:  bleed or no bleed...whatever!  I just want
the page and the resulting PDF to be 8.75 x 11.25 and for that to be exactly
one page.  Help?

Do you have the Generic Color PS for Commercial Printing installed? Have you
tried selecting it or Acrobat before creating your publication? If you read the
help about Publisher's bleed, it only works with Postscript printers.
If you have a PhotoSmart type printer, you might think about saving the
publication as a picture; printing then from the printer software.

What version Publisher are you using?

Have you tried creating a custom size in Acrobat?

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"miloshapiro" <miloshapiro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've been trying all kinds of things with MSPublisher and Adobe Acrobat to
> create an 8.75 x 11.25 document so that the printer can truncate it to 8.5 x
> 11.
>
> I've sort of found a way to make the page the larger size and declare a 1/8
> border, but:
> 1)  when I go to look at the page, it thinks it's one of four pages because
> it exceeds 8.5x11
> 2)  the PDF I create with Acrobat cuts off anything I have in that 1/8 frame
> around and gives me just the document background color there.  So it's not a
> true bleed of the pictures I'm putting on the page...just a bleed of the
> background choice.
>
> There's GOT to be a way to say:  bleed or no bleed...whatever!  I just want
> the page and the resulting PDF to be 8.75 x 11.25 and for that to be exactly
> one page.  Help?

0
mary.sauer (2018)
8/14/2009 10:36:34 AM
1)  Not sure what "Generic Color PS for Commercial Printing" refers to or how
I'd check.  I just installed Office with the default settings.  Not sure what
something about color would have to do with allowing graphics to extend to
the edge.

2)  I'm converting to PDF by printing to a .prn file and dragging that to
Distiller.  I think that's what you mean by "works with Postscript printers"?
 I'm only semi-techy.   ;-)

3)  I'm not printing this on my printer at all.  I'm planning to have it
printed professionally.  All I want to accomplish is an 8.75 x 11.25 page PDF
where the pictures can reach the very edge.  I don't see why the computer
should care if it's going to be a bleed or not; that's for the printer to
worry about.

4)  I'm on Publisher '03.

5)  Yes, i made it a custom size of 8.75 x 11.25, but that doesn't mean I
did it right.  The fact that it always gives me four pages of PDF (three of
which are blank) makes me wonder.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Do you have the Generic Color PS for Commercial Printing installed? Have you
> tried selecting it or Acrobat before creating your publication? If you read the
> help about Publisher's bleed, it only works with Postscript printers.
> If you have a PhotoSmart type printer, you might think about saving the
> publication as a picture; printing then from the printer software.
>
> What version Publisher are you using?
>
> Have you tried creating a custom size in Acrobat?
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "miloshapiro" <miloshapiro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've been trying all kinds of things with MSPublisher and Adobe Acrobat to
> > create an 8.75 x 11.25 document so that the printer can truncate it to 8.5 x
> > 11.
> >
> > I've sort of found a way to make the page the larger size and declare a 1/8
> > border, but:
> > 1)  when I go to look at the page, it thinks it's one of four pages because
> > it exceeds 8.5x11
> > 2)  the PDF I create with Acrobat cuts off anything I have in that 1/8 frame
> > around and gives me just the document background color there.  So it's not a
> > true bleed of the pictures I'm putting on the page...just a bleed of the
> > background choice.
> >
> > There's GOT to be a way to say:  bleed or no bleed...whatever!  I just want
> > the page and the resulting PDF to be 8.75 x 11.25 and for that to be exactly
> > one page.  Help?

you can do the bleeding page as a separate document and let your print shop
deal with it.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

> [...]
>> > 11.
>> >
>> > I've sort of found a way to make the page the larger size and declare a
>> > 1/8
>> > border, but:
>> > 1)  when I go to look at the page, it thinks it's one of four pages
>> > because
>> > it exceeds 8.5x11
>> > 2)  the PDF I create with Acrobat cuts off anything I have in that 1/8
>> > frame
>> > around and gives me just the document background color there.  So it's
>> > not a
>> > true bleed of the pictures I'm putting on the page...just a bleed of
>> > the
>> > background choice.
>> >
>> > There's GOT to be a way to say:  bleed or no bleed...whatever!  I just
>> > want
>> > the page and the resulting PDF to be 8.75 x 11.25 and for that to be

0
webmaster911 (1600)
8/14/2009 3:19:16 PM
if you're creating a booklet you will always get 4 pages.

when I do a booklet (like a theater program lets say), and want a bleed on
the front outside cover, I do all 4 pages as a separate doc. sized to allow
for the bleed. The body of the program is a different document...tell the
printer this and he'll put it all together for you.

so pages 1,2,15,16 are sized for bleed covers in one doc. and
inside pages separate document sized normally

there's probably 10 more ways to do this :-)

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> [...]

>> > 11.
>> >
>> > I've sort of found a way to make the page the larger size and declare a
>> > 1/8
>> > border, but:
>> > 1)  when I go to look at the page, it thinks it's one of four pages
>> > because
>> > it exceeds 8.5x11
>> > 2)  the PDF I create with Acrobat cuts off anything I have in that 1/8
>> > frame
>> > around and gives me just the document background color there.  So it's
>> > not a
>> > true bleed of the pictures I'm putting on the page...just a bleed of
>> > the
>> > background choice.
>> >
>> > There's GOT to be a way to say:  bleed or no bleed...whatever!  I just
>> > want
>> > the page and the resulting PDF to be 8.75 x 11.25 and for that to be

0
webmaster911 (1600)

Online Services #11
I started to setup online service for an account but found out that the bank does not have a service with Money. Now it shows on the Banking page "Provide sign-in information". Since I can not complete the process how can I just get rid of that wording? ...

Error Message 04-25-07
Hi all, I am using a module to lookup records in my database. The module allows an unbound box to look up records by matching the record to the text typed in the box. I am using cboFindAsUType and Access 2000. The problem is that the module is used in 2 different forms and brings up this error in only 1 form. Error accessing fill. Network connection may have been lost. The entire database and all records are on my computer and until yesterday worked fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Byron This sounds like a really nasty bug in the early release of Access 2000. ...

how to I block text not to break across columns or pages ?
I want to keep certain text together and not have it split apart over columns or on a new page: like several lines comprising an address in an address book -- I want to keep it all together. Either apply a style with the Keep With Next paragraph format option to all but the last of the paragraphs you wish to keep together or Use Shift+Enter to make a line break within the same paragraph -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MV...

Items collection restrict on created
Hi all, Is it possible to do a restrict on outlook calendar items according to the items [created] date/time? Regards, Asaf Yes, see http://www.outlookcode.com/d/finddate.htm . The field you want is CreationTime. Please do not cross-post. A post to one developer group should suffice. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "asaf lahav" <alahav@mecury.co.il> wrote in message news:uhvBnx%23OEHA.2876@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > ...

create a drop down list with the source from a different workbook
Hi, I tried to create a drop down list (Data > Validation > List) with the source from a different work book (If you type the list in a different workbook, define a name with an external reference to the list.). I followed the instructions given in the Microsoft Online Assistant. Iam not able to create the same as iam a getting a message stating that "You may not use references to other worksheets or workbooks for Data validation criteria." Try Debra Dalgleish's web site on this subject: http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Scroll down to "D", and see ...

How do I repeat my header on each page of an access form
!@#$%^&*?! I am frustrated. I want to repeat a header on each form. Help states that there is a repeat property that needs to be set to yes. I can't find it anywhere! I've double clicked, right clicked on every section and box and cannot find this property setting. Help!!! Evon wrote: > !@#$%^&*?! I am frustrated. I want to repeat a header on each form. Help > states that there is a repeat property that needs to be set to yes. I > can't > find it anywhere! I've double clicked, right clicked on every section and > box and cannot fin...

How can I cross reference a SmartArt Graphic to a page/text?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am trying to allow users to click on the SmartArt Graphic on my first page and automatically go to the respective page within the document. I click next to the wording on the graphic and go to Insert, but it will not allow me to insert the cross reference. You can do it the other way around - from the text to the graphic, but not from the graphic to the text. Anyone know a way around this or another way to do it? Objects cannot be used as active hyperlinks in a Word document. You can do what you describ...

2nd try, parameter values
I'm having problems posting... sorry if this comes up twice. I have parameter values set to make things easier for the users... The prompt pulls Last Name or Emp #. If the Emp# is not available, is there a way to search by last name, including suffixes, but only entering the last name? or even just the first letter of the last name? On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 09:31:24 -0700, melinda.pluma@agedwards.com wrote: >I'm having problems posting... sorry if this comes up twice. > >I have parameter values set to make things easier for the users... > >The prompt pulls Last Name or...

importing #8
hi. i downloaded a trial of office pro 2007 and now the trial has expired. how do i import all the messages form outlook 2007 back to 2003? By opening the Data File within OL File>Open>Data File "flyver" <flyver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BA71B00-4A3D-4C11-AAE9-A122ACF15221@microsoft.com... > hi. > i downloaded a trial of office pro 2007 and now the trial has expired. > how > do i import all the messages form outlook 2007 back to 2003? flyver <flyver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i downloaded a trial of office p...

Try that update which comes from the M$ Corp.
--pxulfresdind Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="xepmincpbkqfdfbp"; type="multipart/alternative" --xepmincpbkqfdfbp Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="zhaxriplmgq" --zhaxriplmgq Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to p...

how to stop rules created by the asence assistent
HI NG, we use Exchange 2000 SP3. I allowed the users to send absence notices during their hildays, but disallowed forwarding rules. Although i ysecured the systenm by this way, the users find a possibility to forward emails through the absence assistent. I don=B4t want to forbid this, but is there a way to stop these rules at a central point of administration? Or do I need to disallow absence notices? Birte ...

Adding Property pages from Dll?
Hi, I want to create an app that allows the user to add property pages to my dialog box. I will off course have a basic property sheet but how can I add a page via a dll? Would COM be what I need? I recall something like that on codeproject but I cannot find it. Any hint? Many thanks Simon. I had this same requirement. I have a control panel applet that has a set of property pages. The applet will also look for components with certain extensions, LoadLibrary the module, and make a call into that dll via GetProcAddress mechanisms. One of the things returned is a pointer to a CProp...

Can't receive emails 08-11-10
Account: 'Xnet', Server: 'pop3.xnet.co.nz', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Cannot connect to POP server 58.28.4.111 (58.28.4.111:110), connect error 10061', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90 Now it's: Account: 'Xnet', Server: 'pop3.xnet.co.nz', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 "JetgirlNZ" wrote: > Account: 'Xnet', Server: 'pop3.xnet.co.nz', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: > '...

=?Utf-8?Q?ISIN_code_number=C2=B4s_investments?=
Morning, I´m using Money 2006 since 1990, but when I need to setup a new fund, money asks for the ISIN number, for do this I find out the number, and click to go on, but it only takes first two letters and first three numbers of ISIN code, but ISIN code is a combination of twelve alphanumeric characters, the first two identifying the country of issue (eg, FR for France) You could set up the fund without the code, and then update the 'symbol' with the long code after setup. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org See http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.a...

can I use Publisher to set up signatures of 8 pages?
I neeed to print and bind a book. I can't find any way to set up and print in sgnatures of 8 or so pages. I seem to be limited to 4 page bookfold. Any ideas? Insert, page -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "traveller" <traveller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FD3B5CB-8D56-49DE-B632-06617A54EBE7@microsoft.com... >I neeed to print and bind a book. I can't find any way to set up and print in > sgnatures of 8 or so pages. I seem to be limited to 4 page bookfold. Any > idea...

Office v.x Test Drive Timed Out After Two Weeks
I bought my wife a Macintosh G4 tower. I purchased Office v.x at the same time, but UPS delivered the Office package separately. We found the test drive software on the hard drive and used it while waiting for the Office software. I was waiting for a friend to come back from vacation to get help exporting e-mail from Entourage so I could uninstall the test drive and install the real software. Something happened--my guess is it was configuring the system to use local time (it defaulted to Pacific)--that caused the test drive to suddenly stop working. Is there some way to get the ...

How do I format the x axis on a "lines on 2 axes" chart?
I am using a custom type chart called "lines on 2 axes" where there is one x axis and two y axes. Is there any way to format the scaling on the x axis? Specifically, I have time points on my x axis that are not evenly spaced as far as time goes, but Excel plots these time points equal distances away, regardless of how much time (hours) there are between time points. Any way to fix this? Thanks Don't use the built in custom chart types. If you have numerical X data, make an XY chart. You can choose an option that shows lines connecting the points. Double click one of t...

WMP 11
Where the CD recognition gets it wrong (and it particularly gets it wrong with compilations - I am not sure of the algorithm, but it is poor), there is no way to provide the correct information to your supplier. If you say 'find album info' then 'edit', the edit screen comes up with the details of the incorrect CD AND only space for the tracks on the incorrect CD ignoring the larger number on the actual CD. Any refresh can overwrite the manually entered data with the incorrect data from the supplier AAAGH You don't have to use Find Album Info to enter the ...

Exporting As Text with X Number of Spaces Between Data
Is there a way to export data in a MS Excel spreadsheet as text and define the amount of spaces between the data being exported? The number of spaces need to vary. This concept is the opposite of importing text as "Fixed Width" and creating column break lines. Instead, I'd like to export columns into a text file and specify the amount of spaces between the text that is being exported from each column. The amount spaces in the text file needs to be different between each set of column data. Thanks! One way: Say you have 5 columns, and you want 2 spaces between A &...

Sub Forms 11-15-07
Hi All, I have customer Order Form, Includes General Customer Information & Order Details on the Sub Form Sub form contains Prduct Name, Unit, Rate I want that when I am on Product Field by pressing a shortkey Like Ctrl+D a popup form appear and ask for character or Keywords to be enter for searching a particuler product e.g. I have apple as product the Keyword "app" appears it in product field or a popup form appear contains list of all product when I double click on a particuler product it appears on Product field. Thanks. ...

PAGES DISAPPEARED
I recently have lost pages of existing documents, and now I find I can't insert a page without losing the preceeding page. I'm not sure they're gone, but I can't access them because the little boxes at the bottom of the screen that contain the page numbers are gone. The only thing I can think of that might have caused this was a recent download (an update to Office 2007). Any ideas? You can download the page sorter utility and install it, that will get the tabs back. Look at the sixth FAQ here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer http://msau...

Finding X- & Y-intercepts of lines crossing curves
I created some charts with multiple data series by specifying certain points on the curves. THe series are displayed as lines. Now I want to draw (or specify the Y coordinates of) a horizontal line on the chart, & have Excel tell me the X intercepts where the horizontal line crosses each curve. Ditto for drawing a vertical line & reading Y intercepts Any ideas Thanks!! Hi Dale, Maybe you adapt my example of intersections. http://www.andypope.info/charts/intersection.htm Cheers Andy Dale wrote: > I created some charts with multiple data series by specifying certain points on...

What date was a batch created
I'm in GP v8.0. I need to know what date a user created and/or saved a batch. I've looked all over and there doesn't seem to be any trail when a batch was created/saved short of turning on the User Tracking system. Please get back to me ASAP - sdanna@sfgmortgage.com First, as you probably know, this is not a forum for getting instant answers because it is not monitored officially. Second, SY00500 stores the batch history. It is in the company database. You will need to create a report based on this table. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Sandy D''Anna, GP Project Ma...

How to generate dynamic XML from aspx page
Dear Friends, I was using the below code in ASP to dynamically generate XML from a SQL Query Does anyone knows how can I migrate this code to VB and ASPX? Regards Robson Machado Response.ContentType = "text/xml" Response.Write "<?xml version='1.0' ?>" dim RS, CN set CN = server.CreateObject("adodb.connection") set RS = server.CreateObject("adodb.recordset") CN.ConnectionString = strConnect CN.Open RS.Open SQLStmt,cn Response.Write "<ROOT>" Response.Write RS2XML(RS,"RESULT") Response.Write "</R...

Creating a parent/child relationship for vendors
Hello, Has anyone ever done a parent/child relationship for vendors in great plains? We have a structure that has multiple subcontractors working for the same vendor and since the number of contractors per vendor is a one to one relationship, we were thinking of creating a parent vendor and have the vendors associated with the contractors be the children. This way when we write up an invoice for the parent vendor, we can include all the child vendors information as well. I'm new to the world of Great Plains. If this is an absurd question, please excuse... Thanks, Med Look at the p...