Microsoft Publisher (not responding) and haven't saved work.

I have been working on a newsletter in publisher and now it is frozen and
says (not responding). It has been like this for 20 minutes. This happend
when I did a cut and pasted on to my page. I have not saved my work and do
not want to lose but how can I save this as it will not let me click on
antying as the hourglass comes up every time the mouse goes on to the page or
menu. Can anyone please help?? What do I need to do to get publisher to
repond or more imporatnly, simply to save my work before I close the
programme by doign ctrl,alt delete and then choosign end programme?
2
Tot (4)

On the Microsoft Windows Start menu, point to Programs, point to Microsoft Office
Tools, and then click Microsoft Office Application Recovery.
In the Application list, click the program or document that is not responding.
Do one of the following:
To attempt to recover the files you were working on, click Recover Application or
Restart Application.
If you just want to close the program, and lose recent changes to the files, click
End Application.
The error that caused the problem can be reported to Microsoft for use in improving
future versions of the program. Click Report problem or Don't report problem.
Open the Office or Office family program.
If a file has [Recovered] in the title it is usually a file that contains more recent
changes than a file with [Original] in the title.
If you want to view what repairs were made to a file, point to the file in the
Document Recovery task pane, click the arrow next to the file's name, and then click
Show Repairs.
If you want to review the versions that were recovered, open all of the versions and
save the best one.

For each file you want to keep, point to the file in the Document Recovery task pane,
click the arrow next to the file's name, and then do one of the following:
To work with the file, click Open.
To save the file, click Save As, and then enter a name for the file. By default, the
file is saved in the same folder as the original file. If you use the same name as
the original file, the original is overwritten. When you see a message asking whether
you want to replace the existing file (with the changes you made up to the last time
you saved the file), click Yes.
When you have opened or saved all of the files you want to keep, click Close in the
Document Recovery task pane.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Soca Tot" <Soca Tot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been working on a newsletter in publisher and now it is frozen and
> says (not responding). It has been like this for 20 minutes. This happend
> when I did a cut and pasted on to my page. I have not saved my work and do
> not want to lose but how can I save this as it will not let me click on
> antying as the hourglass comes up every time the mouse goes on to the page or
> menu. Can anyone please help?? What do I need to do to get publisher to
> repond or more imporatnly, simply to save my work before I close the
> programme by doign ctrl,alt delete and then choosign end programme?

0
gsauer (5093)

Microsoft CRM server is not responding
Hi, Workflow Manager write: The specified Microsoft CRM server is not responding. This might happen if it is currently unavailable, it is not a Microsoft CRM server, or you are not a valid user. Fro more information, contact your system administrator. How fix it? In IE i can logon to CRM. ----- wbr, Eugene I've resolved this problem by restoring the metabase with the original version in IIS Regards Edgard Eugene wrote: > Hi, > > > Workflow Manager write: > > The specified Microsoft CRM server is not responding. This might happen if > it is currently un...

Ctrl + ; stopped working
For the past week I've been able to enter the current date into a DB sub form field with formatted field using Ctrl = ; but now it's not working properly. Instead of entering the date, it moves the cursor to the center of the formatted field, and inserts nothing. I'm wondering what could have changed. I went directly to the sub form deleted the formatting, then redid it. But it's still not working even there in the sub form alone. My sincere thanks for any help you may offer. -- Norm Shimmel Butler, PA Strange that I should reply to my own message. But I was just surpr...

The Links from e-mails don't work
If I copy the links and insert it into IE 8 it reads it. Trying to link over from an e-mail directly is not working. If I copy the link and go to IE 8.0 the link (URL address) works. It was working before. pgman27 You mean if you click on the link in a message it does nothing, not even an error message? Are you certain IE has all its defaults? Open the Default Programs applet, which you can access either from the Start menu or via the Control Panel, then click the first item: "Set your default programs." After a few seconds, a list of programs comes up. Click on...

Microsoft Great Plains SDK Documentation.
Any idea where i can find Microsoft Great Plains SDK Documentation.(We dont have Microsoft Great Plains License). Thanks Nath Nath -- If you have a Universal subscription to MSDN you are able to download the SDK information for Microsoft Great Plains. -- Kirsten Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Nath" <Nath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BAB062FF-8C3D-42F8-BA00-0F83A95D5B64@microsoft.com... &g...

Accessing MIcrosoft Outlook
Yesterday, when I tried to access Outlook in my home pC, I received the following message: Cannot open MIcrosoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The file C:|Users \jillandgordon\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst is not a personal folders file. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix this? Masny thanks, Gordon in TX Try this first http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287497/ "Gordon McDougall" <braidwoodboy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d0e17ac8-0215-431c-971f-bd862b58a245@y17g2000yqd....

Publishing Layout and tables
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I am trying to copy and paste text from one cell of a table to another cell in the same table. The document is in Publishing Layout. The paste command deletes the text in the destination cell and then places a big empty text box on top of the table. I do dozens of these documents that are primarily tables and graphics. Previously I used Publisher on my old PC. Should I go back, or can this be done in Word for the mac? Hello, On 2010.01.29 8:44 AM, in article 59bb1ce2.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Toni_T@officefor...

copy does not work in word 2003

I do not have access to the D: drive from Publisher, why?
I do not have access to the D: drive from Publisher, why? It keeps saying "incorrect function" khaganman <khaganman@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I do not have access to the D: drive from Publisher, why? It keeps > saying "incorrect function" Is the D: drive your CD drive? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Setting up my work outlook account at home
I do not know how to set-up my outlook at home to check and receive email at home. This is really a question for your Mail Administrator. This depends on what ISP is used for work or if you use the Exchange Server. Then there may be a domain access issue. -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Liz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:049a01c39db2$d8df2cb0$a501280a@phx.gbl... I do not know how to set-up my outlook at home to check and receive email at home. ...

Excel worksheet with VBE codes don't work elsewhere
Hi, Some of my excel worksheets with embedded controls and VBA codes don' work when I open it on another PC. Is there another way to make i work? Thx -- lazybea ----------------------------------------------------------------------- lazybear's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3519 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=54955 Specifically what problems are you having? Saying "don't work" means absolutely nothing. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC ww...

I added time update permisssion to my limited user acct. but it does not work. When I try, the time synchonization is greyed out. How can I get it to work. Thanks. On Apr 4, 12:33=A0pm, Mint <chocolatemint77...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I added time update permisssion to my limited user acct. but it does > not work. > When I try, the time synchonization is greyed out. > > How can I get it to work. > > Thanks. Is this Windows MCE SP2? What method did you use to add time update permission to your limited user account? Does your unlimited user accou...

Save Outlook attachments to PC folder automatically
Hi All, I am an absolute newbie to Outlook programming who has been entrusted with the task of figuring out how to get Outlook to dump attachments to emails sent in by certain users to a specified folder on the PC without having to do it manually. I could not get Rules Wizard to do this. Any pointers on how to go about this is really appreciated. Thanks, Rahul Hi, I found the soluton at a website and leave the link for those who might be interested, http://www.outlookvba.com/examples/code/saveattachmentsimp ..htm Rahul >-----Original Message----- >Hi All, > >I am a...

Link to Page when saving to web
Hi, I have some drawings that have several shapes with "Go to page on double-click" behavior. How can I keep this functionality when saving as a web page? Thanks ...

Won't save office applications, appcrash
Help I cant save documents , excel etc in office 2007 on vista laptop. I have tried open office but this suffers the same problem. Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling office but no change. see below for word report, in excel the fault module was given as PROPSYS.dll Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: WINWORD.EXE Application Version: 12.0.4518.1014 Application Timestamp: 45428028 Fault Module Name: unknown Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 00000001 ...

OpenEvent() doesnt work
Hi, I am having problem with OpenEvent(). I have 2 applications, in which, one is creating a named event with CreateEvent() call, and registers for call back functino for that event. The another application opens the named event, and signals it. It works fine when I execute the .exe directly from console. But, If i scheduled the .exe with Task scheduler, the task get triggered, but my OpenEvent() failed, and GetLastError() returns ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND. I ensure there is no race condition between the calls CreateEvent() and OpenEvent(). Also, I scheduled the task with the same acc...

Howto save an edited xml doc w/MSXML
The following script modifies the content of my xml file: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Dim nodeSel, nodeVal, index Dim name : name = "//ROOT/first_level/second_level/third_level" Dim xmlfile : xmlfile = "temp.xml" Dim value : value = "false" Dim xDoc Set xDoc = CreateObject( "MSXML.DOMDocument" ) index = 0 If xDoc.Load( xmlfile ) Then Set nodeSel = xDoc.selectSingleNode( name ) 'WScript.Echo "Found node", nodeS...

Macro help with saving a spreadsheet with date and time in it
Can someone help me with some code that would save a file name as "schedule-mm-dd-yyyy-hh:mm"? Thanks, Alan Alan, how about something like this Sub Save_As() ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="Schedule " & Format(Now, "mm-dd-yyyy-hh-mm") & ".xls", FileFormat:= _ xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:=False _ , CreateBackup:=False End Sub -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Fee...

Filter not working as expected
Hi all, I'm using a spreadsheet with 31257 rows (including header row) that has an auto filter applied. One of the columns contains phone numbers and i want to use "Begins with" to filter on the calls that begin with a particular few digits. I get no results returned even if I use "Begins with" for just the first digit of the phone number which is that same in all cases. I've cleared the data and started with a fresh clean sheet, the data is selected by highlighting the columsn then selecting Auto Filter. In the drop down for the auto filter, I can see the diff...

Calendar: Delete Non-Recurring Events Not Working

OWA works inside. Basic works outside, but not Premium.
This system has SBS 2003 OWA working internally without issue. OWA Basic works externally and login to Premium works. Port 443 is the only external firewall port open inbound. In mail I can see everything in Premium and move items from folders delete and move back to the inbox. I can't access Calendaring but I believe that it is related to the main issue. That issue is I can't open any mail for viewing. I can't create new mail. The only message on the browser is error on the status bar. I believe that other unspecified ports or configuration are required through non MS ...

saving print settings in Excel 2000
I have default print settings that I use (I can't remember how I did it - I got a tip from somewhere). However, when I export a report out of a certain application to Excel, I must modify print settings because it creates its own workbook and doesn't use these defaults. Maybe you could record a macro when you change the print settings once. Then save that recorded macro. When you need to change the print settings, just open this macro workbook and run the macro via: tools|macro|macros... kenw100 wrote: > > I have default print settings that I use (I can't > rem...

Auto Save #2
Is there any add-ins or is there an option to make the auto save behave the same way in 2000 where the auto save dialogue box pops up asking you if you would like to autosave the file and the interveral until the next message appears ? At the moment in 2002 the dialogue box does not appear. Thanks. Here's a pretty good add-in, look for autosafe by Jan Karel Pieterse http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/MVP/MVPPage.asp -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Shaun" <shaun.brown@mail.com> wrote in message news:037c01c39f9e$ebd06c60$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any add-ins or is there ...

how do i construct a bar in microsoft word?
how do i construct a bar in microsoft word? > how do i construct a bar in microsoft word? Use Word to write a letter to a general contractor. Ask the contractor for a quote to build a tavern to your specifications. Be as specific as you can about the specs. ...

Microsoft 2007 Access
Please help. I am trying to convert my access from 2000 to 2007 and running into two problems so far. first is that i am told that the gotocontrol on a macro to go from a form to a subform is no longer available. what do i use? how do i get around this? second the field in my main table is called letter and is what is unique to all of my tables. when i try to access a client's info from a form that opens a clients subform - I am told that error 2538 has occured and that this letter field could refer to more than one table listed. and then error number 2950 appears. any ideas? ...