Microsoft Publisher (not responding) and haven't saved work.

I have been working on a newsletter in publisher and now it is frozen and
says (not responding). It has been like this for 20 minutes. This happend
when I did a cut and pasted on to my page. I have not saved my work and do
not want to lose but how can I save this as it will not let me click on
antying as the hourglass comes up every time the mouse goes on to the page or
menu. Can anyone please help?? What do I need to do to get publisher to
repond or more imporatnly, simply to save my work before I close the
programme by doign ctrl,alt delete and then choosign end programme?
3
Tot (5)

On the Microsoft Windows Start menu, point to Programs, point to Microsoft Office
Tools, and then click Microsoft Office Application Recovery.
In the Application list, click the program or document that is not responding.
Do one of the following:
To attempt to recover the files you were working on, click Recover Application or
Restart Application.
If you just want to close the program, and lose recent changes to the files, click
End Application.
The error that caused the problem can be reported to Microsoft for use in improving
future versions of the program. Click Report problem or Don't report problem.
Open the Office or Office family program.
If a file has [Recovered] in the title it is usually a file that contains more recent
changes than a file with [Original] in the title.
If you want to view what repairs were made to a file, point to the file in the
Document Recovery task pane, click the arrow next to the file's name, and then click
Show Repairs.
If you want to review the versions that were recovered, open all of the versions and
save the best one.

For each file you want to keep, point to the file in the Document Recovery task pane,
click the arrow next to the file's name, and then do one of the following:
To work with the file, click Open.
To save the file, click Save As, and then enter a name for the file. By default, the
file is saved in the same folder as the original file. If you use the same name as
the original file, the original is overwritten. When you see a message asking whether
you want to replace the existing file (with the changes you made up to the last time
you saved the file), click Yes.
When you have opened or saved all of the files you want to keep, click Close in the
Document Recovery task pane.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Soca Tot" <Soca Tot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been working on a newsletter in publisher and now it is frozen and
> says (not responding). It has been like this for 20 minutes. This happend
> when I did a cut and pasted on to my page. I have not saved my work and do
> not want to lose but how can I save this as it will not let me click on
> antying as the hourglass comes up every time the mouse goes on to the page or
> menu. Can anyone please help?? What do I need to do to get publisher to
> repond or more imporatnly, simply to save my work before I close the
> programme by doign ctrl,alt delete and then choosign end programme?

0
gsauer (5093)

Microsoft betrayed yet another customer base 08-21-10
Microsoft acquired a company in 2008 that have been making a 3D modeling and animation software for more than 20 years, and discontinued it a year latter. No more updates, nada. The software has a huge following, including in Hollywood. Microsoft made the software free, but for the many who already paid for it there are no updates and no guarantees that the software would work on future versions of Windows, and their graphics assets are stuck in the current version. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TrueSpace Nobody submitted this idea : > Microsoft acquired a company in 2...

pervious saved publication of the same document?
Help! I am in the process of printing half page flyers in the booklet format. Everything was printing fine, until I switched printers. When I went back to the orginal printer, my margins, text, and pictures sizes stayed and would not revert back to the orginal placements. Is there a way that I can goto a pervious saved time for this document? -- truckrwolf Might look in the temp folder. Publisher saves a temporary file. What version Publisher are you using? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "truckrwolf" &l...

search for publisher file
is it possible to find a publisher file when doing a windows search. Yes. I assume you're having difficulties tho. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "Pauline" <Pauline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F75DB370-0A6A-4791-A6EC-F61B7C24992D@microsoft.com... > is it possible to find a publisher file when doing a windows search. Pauline wrote: > is it possible to find a publisher file when doing a windows search. If you search for *.pub you will find all Publisher files. If y...

Para la comunidad de Great Plains en espa�ol comenzar� a responder a sus preguntas en este sitio.

Use this critical package from Microsoft Corporation
--loqupmfieinxbpmz Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="equgsnfuxtguux"; type="multipart/alternative" --equgsnfuxtguux Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="xgzsfgnzvgjkbv" --xgzsfgnzvgjkbv Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "September 1997, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install...

Saving as PDF?
Do there exist routines to save a document as a PDF file? I know there are pseudo-printers around which you can install so that when you 'print' to it it produces a PDF file, but I had in mind library code that would give you a CDC or hDC, let you draw on it, and then deposit the result in a PDF file. Does such exist? Dave -- David Webber Mozart Music Software http://www.mozart.co.uk For discussion and support see http://www.mozart.co.uk/mozartists/mailinglist.htm On Feb 8, 1:17=A0pm, "David Webber" <d...@musical-dot-demon-dot-co.uk> wrote: &...

saving to cd
When I try to save to cd, either using the "package for cd" feature or just choosing that disk drive, all of a sudden I'm getting a message saying "Press ESC to cancel saving the document" and then it reverts back to the Package for CD dialog box. HOW CAN I SAVE TO CD? Don't press the ESC key and wait for a few seconds "lynnelw" <lynnelw@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 58858FED-6FDE-4518-BCC4-572134A600AB@microsoft.com... > When I try to save to cd, either using the "package for cd" feature or &...

Can't logon to OWA with particular username while mine is working fine #3
Hallo, I use OWA at home and it's working fine. When I want to logon with a particular username and password I can't login. The option on exchange for OWA is enabled. When I want to login I get the following error: "The page cannot be displayed" HTTP 500 - Internal server error Internet Explorer Thanx in advance DaKing - you are getting into the server Ok. However, you are not getting to the pages that make up OWA. You need to put in /EXCHANGE in the address field so you point to the correct web pages. NC Beach Bum "DaKing" wrote: > Hallo, > > ...

Microsoft Money 2004 Small Business Transactions by Category Report
Whenever I print a "Transactions by Category" report with "Subtotals by: Months" in Microsoft Money 2004 Small Business, the "Month Ending mm/dd/yy" and "Total Month Ending mm/dd/yy" title lines are 1 month prior to the transactions they envelope. In other words, "Month Ending 2/28/03" and "Total Month Ending 2/28/03" title lines encase the transactions for March 2003. ...

Outlook 2007 not working
I recently upgraded to Vista and installed Office 2007. I cannot get Outlook to work. I keep getting the following error messages. An extension failed to initialize. Cannot open file: extend.dat. The file may not exist, you may not have permission to open it, or it may be open in another program. I am the administrator and the only person that use this computer. Cannot open your default e-mail folders. File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file C:\documents and settings\HP_Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook1.pst....

Workflow : Wait activity condition does not work
I've created a very simple workflow that does not seem to work. The rule is: Manual Rule Task: Task 1 wait Task: Task 1 is completed end wait Task: Task 2 When I 'Save as completed' Task 1, Task 2 is not created. I find the following entry in the EVent Log: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMWorkflowService Event Category: None Event ID: 16649 Date: 11/1/2007 Time: 1:42:25 PM User: N/A Computer: AMCI-CRMPROD Description: Condition {BF1490AE-A188-DC11-9C5C-00C09F1E9CAA} failed in step {BB1490AE-A188-DC11-9C5C-00C09F1E9CAA} of process instanc...

Microsoft Publisher #5
How can I create a brochure from a blank document? The operative word here is "create." If you are going to create from a blank document, that is what you do. You use as many of the facilities of the program as you need to create your brochure. There are many options available when you choose New from the File drop down menu. In Publisher 2003, expand Publications for Print and choose brouchures. Select and modify the one that you like. Further help may come along when you provide the version that you are using. "bookwalk1" <bookwalk1@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Help
Help I need someone to downsave 2 small files to publisher 2002. Dundee wrote: > Help I need someone to downsave 2 small files to publisher 2002. Someone correct me if I'm wrong (I don't have 2002 installed at the moment to verify) but I thought 2002 could open 2003 publications? Not required. You will only need to save as to versions 98 and 2000. -- David Bartosik - Microsoft MVP Visit www.davidbartosik.com for Publisher and Web Design Tips and How-to's. "Dundee" <news@here.com> wrote in message news:3fe1a083@alwaysonline.net.au... > Help I need so...

Fixed Outlook works.
I had fixed myself with Outlook 2003 configuartion. It worked fine. Use: smtp Not use smtpauth. Thantks david ...

Autosum won't work
Does anyone know why autosum does not work in the following instance? I have a column which reads info from another spreadsheet using th following array formula {=INDEX('[LPT Target Crimes Recorded Sharrow.xls]Shee 1'!E$6:E$81,MATCH(1,('[LPT Target Crimes Recorded Sharrow.xls]Shee 1'!$B$6:$B$81=$B9)*('[LPT Target Crimes Recorded Sharrow.xls]Shee 1'!$C$6:$C$81=$C9),0))} For months which have not yet occurred #N/A appears. At the bottom o this column I clicked on autosum and highlighted all the data includin the #N/A , and the answer I get is #N/A . I thought it would...

Outlook 2003 - Exchange Server 2003
Hi there - I am running Outlook 2003 on an Exchange Server 2003. It seems that rules don't work. In the past, I've always had a rule created so that on any incoming message, where my name was in the TO:, the message would automatically forward to another internet e-mail address. I have it set up correctly but it doesn't seem to work. Has anyone heard anything like this happening? Thanks, David First, are you using Exchange Cached Mode? Second, is replies and forwards to the Internet turned off at Exchange (it is turned off by default.) --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ...

Advance Filter can be based on cell Color in Microsoft Excel
In MicroSoft Excel, Advance Filter (Data->Filter->Advance Filter) feature can be enhanced. New feature that we can introduce is to do Advance Filter based on Font/Highlighted Color. e.g. If in excel I have 10 Rows and 3 rows font color is RED and 7 rows font color is GREEN then using Advance Filter option we can apply filter based on Font Color or Highlighted Color. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you ...

Publisher will not recognize default email
I have made outlook 2007 my default email program but Publisher 2007 still will not let me email within a message because it says outlook 2007 is not the default email. I have exited publisher, opened back up, restarted cpu and still have the same problem. It always says that I must configure outlook but I have with the instructions from microsoft. From postings on the web there are many other people with the same problem with no resolution. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

I paste a jpg into the publisher document and then it disappears,
I'm trying to copy an image into a newsletter in publisher and will do so but it will just disappear. what could cause that? patricia wrote: > I'm trying to copy an image into a newsletter in publisher and will do so but > it will just disappear. what could cause that? Avoid using the Clipboard. Save the image to a file on your hard disk and insert it via Inert > Picture > From File instead. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org "Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message news:eOsavPLvGHA.4456@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... &g...

activex control in published htm
I am having problems with published htm pages made with publisher 2003. I receive the "To help protect your security, Internet Explorer stopped this site from installing an ActiveX control..." message when opening the htm file from my C drive and others cannot see the pictures when opening from their C drive. I do not know how activeX control was placed in the publisher file, it has not forms, etc. How can I get this published file so that others can see the pictures and there are no security problems. Attemping to add the file name using standard directory call pasted fro...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Implementation For Large Corporation (August 2006)
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Implementation For Large Corporation (August 2006) How Microsoft CRM 3.0 could contribute and be a part of its computer environment. (Sales Module,MS CRM Security,Integration with Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0/Microsoft Great Plains,Integration with IBM Lotus Notes Domino,International Considerations,Competition) http://microsoft-crm-3.blogspot.com/2006/08/microsoft-dynamics-crm-30.html ...

Publisher 2000 edit clipart problem?
In a previous version of Publisher there was a way of cropping clipart in wrap boundries. The only cropping I can find on MSPub2000 is horiz and vert. In help I found instructions for adding/deleting handles: -------------------- Add or delete Adjust handles so you can change the shape of a picture's outline 1. Select the picture. 2. On the outline of the picture, position the mouse pointer where you want to add the new handle. 3. Hold down CTRL and then click where you want to add a new handle. 4. Note: To delete a handle, hold down CTRL+SHIFT and click the handle. ------------...

publisher converted print publication to web
After saving my MS Publisher print publication, sometimes it has converted to a web publication after I open it. What causes this. I know I did not choose "publish to web." I found that having a web-link in the print publication could cause that spontaneous conversion. But recently it happend again, with no hyperlinks present. I saw that you were experiencing the same problems as I am and was wondering if you found a solution. I am using publisher to print a newsletter and it comes up as web publicaton even though I didn't choose it and It won't save to print publica...

MS Outlook 2003
Using Outlook 2003, I have an excel table in an email. Trying to get "Open in Microsoft Excel 11" by right clicking. Not working on current computer. Worked fine on previous computer. How do I activate this feature? This is taken from "A guide to Microsoft office 2003", "Open in Microsoft Excel 11 command Starts Excel and opens the spreadsheet data from an e-mail in a workbook. Found in the menu displayed by right-clicking the spreadsheet data in an e-mail." I really appreciate your help! This is a frustrating conundrum! Thanks, Sonya &qu...

office publisher Picture blurry
Every time i insert a picture on publication Like bussines card the picture is blurry but it's clear when preview. Help What format is the picture? Does the image print okay? When you reduce bitmaps to business card size you could be getting distortion. Check to see if there is an upgraded video driver for your adapter. Go to the manufacturer's web site and look around. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "William E. Holmes Sr" <wholmess@twcny.rr.com> wrote in message news:uBAvXSF9EHA.3260@TK2MS...