Microsoft publisher, how do I set it to show multiple pages?

I'm trying to show more than one page in a single viewing pane. As in for the
use of a banner. You'd think that'd be a simple and accesable function. I
don't see it anywhere...

Print preview has this function. Not sure if this is what you are asking...

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"BrickShort" <BrickShort@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to show more than one page in a single viewing pane. As in for the
> use of a banner. You'd think that'd be a simple and accesable function. I
> don't see it anywhere...

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Multiple hyperlinks in one cell
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I can't seem to find an answer to this question of whether I can put three hyperlinks in one cell. I want each to go to the same cell in a different sheet in the same workbook. Well, here's your answer: No :-) Any given cell can contain only one active hyperlink at a time. HYPERLINK is the formatting of the cell, not the individual pieces of content within it. You "can" put, for example, 3 URLs into a cell but then you can't choose which one you want to use at on any given occasion. When you click...

Change rows to show to more than 250
Is this possible somehow ? Jack No. When CRM 3.0 was in beta they had an option for 500 records but removed it in the final release. Maybe the justification was a performance one ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "Jack" <jackdSPAM@jackd.dk> wrote in message news:uLG$%23Y39GHA.1200@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is this possible somehow ? > > Jack > ...

Printing graident fades and semi transparent objects in Publisher xp
Hello, I am having troubled printing certain objects in Publisher 2002. Example. I want to create a black rectangle layed over a photograph and have one side of the rectangle to fade to transparent so the photo shows through and blends in to that part of the rectangle. I draw a rectangle, go in to fill effects, slect the fill color as black and adjust the end "transparency" slider to max. On screen the picture looks perfect. The rectangle fades from solid to totally transparent. But, when I print... the fade does not print... the printer prints the fade as a normal opaque square....

Select Multiple Folders
I have an Excel application, where the user can browse to a folder and process all the documents in that folder. I use the Office 10 FileDialog object (FolderPicker) to allow the user to do this with an easily recognizable dialog box. The problem is, the users would like to select multiple folders at a time (which FolderPicker does not allow). I could allow them Browse and select a folder, add it to a list, then Browse again and add to the list, then Browse again, but that would be a long tedious process. Is there anything that would allow me to select multiple folders at a time, similar to...

Microsoft Money 2003
When I try to print a chart or report, I get the message "This program has caused a default, etc." and it shuts down. Can you give me some hints on how to correct this? Thanks Is this all reports or a particular one? If it's only one, try resetting the report. If that doesn't help, try it in a new file. If it does it in multiple files, you may need to try updating your printer driver or removing and reinstalling Money. "Mary J" <mjohns04@mail.win.org> wrote in message news:035001c377cc$e2e77840$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to print a chart or re...

Publisher Doc cannot be saved?
In trying to save a new Publisher document to my files on C drive, it says unavailable that file may be locked, I have gotten this message several times on different sources, once with an Excel document that was sent by e-mail. As far as I know there are no locks or password protections on this system. Help !!!!! Thanks, Right-click the file, properties, clear read only. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Parish Secretary" <Parish Secretary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D02C09A...

How to create "Space Bar hit" action setting?
Hello All, I have this slide with a long animation on a slide that is off mousclick transition. With a hit on the space bar the animation jumps to end. As the presentation is with mouse controlled navigation I do not want users to use the space bar (or they start hitting through the slide sequence) to end the animation. So, is there a way to 'end animation sequence' (like a space bar hit) as an action setting on an object? Thanx, Guurt ...

set up email 07-14-10
hello.i am trying to set up an email account on my laptop and my modem is my Blackberry phone.everytime i try to set it up it comes back with all kinds of problems.my email on the phone works great,but i would rather have an account on my laptop.my phone is T-Mobile Blackberry Bold.i would be very thankful for any help. "Looster59" <Looster59@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BE71BBC-D2DC-44F8-8C95-6F0810E00124@microsoft.com... > hello.i am trying to set up an email account on my laptop and my modem is > my > Blackberry phone.everytime...

How do you set up a submit button to attach worksheet in email?
I am doing a form and I want to have a submit or send link on the bottom of the page. I know how to make hyperlinks but I dont know how to get it where when the user hits the send button it automatically saves that info and sends that form to the intended email address. Basically so you dont have to attach it yourself through email. Is there a way to do this? Have a look here for code to send mail http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Tips -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on a...

edit Punlisher version in multiple documents
I have a publisher folder that contains several other folders. In these "sub folders" are publisher documents for departments to revise for a City-wide publication. My problem: documents are saved in Publisher 2003 and not all departments have the latest version. I want to convert all of the documents into Publisher 2000 so they can be opened and modified by departments. How do I "save as" Publisher 2000 without opening each foler and then each document. Do advanced attributes work? How? Many thanks for any help. You don't want to hear the answer. You alrea...

Desktop Alert Settings
Hello is there anyway to get the desktop alert for new mails for all folders including the default folder 'Inbox' ? Using Outlook 2003 See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/mailalert2003.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Creating a Permanent New Mail Desktop Alert in Outlook 2003 ----- "Vik" <anonymous@anonymous.com> wrote in message news:uLkpNgLQFHA.3156@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hello is there anyway to get the desktop alert for new mails for all > folders in...

Showing #N/A in a formula
I�m using VLook Up and I don�t want to show the result when it is equal to #N/A, or change it by another value. I can do it replacing formulas by values, but I wouldn�t like to do this. Any ideas? Thanks a lot!!!! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Select all the culprit cells and use conditional formatting: change "cell value is" to "formula Is" and, assuming E1 is the active cell, enter: =ISERROR(E1), then click the format button, Font tab, make the font white. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Nekro >" <<Nekro.152xn4@excelforum-nospam.com&g...

How to delete messages with foreign character sets?
I get a lot of unreadable messages with Asian and other language character sets that are nothing but pron SPAM. How can I make a rule in OUTLOOK 2003 to delete these? ...

how do I set up a teas graph?
I need to set up a teas graph, which is a triangular graph with each axis being a different parameter. Found this http://sul-server-2.stanford.edu/byauth/burke/solpar/solpar7.html through Google. Can't comment on how the parameters are derived, but the plot appears to be a pretty standard ternary diagram. Excel doesn't have the capability built into it to rotate the Y axis (some other plotting programs do); Excel insists that the Y axis should be 90 degrees relative to the X axis. I occasionally need to plot ternary diagrams, and either use a right triangle or hide the y-axis and...

My text boxes have shadows, but printing some don't show?
I have a calendar with text boxes. I have put shadows around them but when I print, several boxes print without the shadow around them. I have Pub 2007 If the text boxes are touching it could be a layering problem. See if bringing to the front helps. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Crafty Lady" <Crafty Lady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69E8B0EB-E169-4179-8935-C300D5F73EBD@microsoft.com... >I have a calendar with text boxes. I have put shadows around them but when I > print, several boxes print without the shadow around them. > > I ...

Gridlines not showing on screen
I have an employee that is having problems showing gridlines. Everytime she creates a new worksheet it does not show the gridlines even though the show gridlines box is checked. If we change the gridline color from automatic it will show them only on that worksheet but will not show it on a new one. Any suggestions? > I have an employee that is having problems showing gridlines. Everytime she creates a new worksheet it does not show the gridlines even though the show gridlines box is checked. If we change the gridline color from automatic it will show them only on that worksheet but w...

How to set "Archive items in this folder using the default settings" for all folders and subfolders at once?
Hello How to set "Archive items in this folder using the default settings" for all folders and subfolders at once? I have too many folders and subfolders to set for every folder manually. Version is 2002 sp3. Go to Tools\Options\Other\Autoarchive There is a button titled "Apply these settings to all folders now" Warning!!! This will make ALL folders have the same archive settings, so if you have different subfolders set-up to go to a different archive file or have any sub-folder set to do anything different, you must manually go to that folder and reset it if this is...

No print settings in Excel HTML files
Is there a way to prevent users from printing the HTML files that are created from an Excel workbook ? I see there is html code to do this, but I don't know how to put that into the Excel workbook so that it is always there when the files are updated (which they are frequently). ...

How do I show yyyy only on x axis of a chart?
I did not use a formula for the date (4-digit year only) in column A, I manually entered the years. When I attempt to create a chart, the years either show up as 1, 2, 3, etc or as m/d/yyyy with the year showing in all instances as 1900. Can you help me enter the yyyy only on the x axis of the chart? Unfortunately there is no option for yyyy in "format cells>date". Hi, The answer depends on the version of Excel you are using. 2003: Select the chart and choose Chart, Source Data, Series tab, and delete the Year series from the Series box. Then select the Category (X) ...

Outlook doesn't show previous e-mail addresses used
Do you know how Outlook will show you an e-mail by just typing a few letters because you have sent to that e-mail address before? We have a user where all of a sudden it is not doing that anymore. Is there an easy way to get it working again without having to do all the addresses manually again? Are you saying a list comes up but is blank or that the option is not there at all. Check to see if that function was turned off under Tools - Options - Email Options - Advanced Options. Make sure the auto-name is checked. If they were deleted from the registry I am not sure if they can be r...

setting a date type field to null
I have defined a variable in my vba code as date. I am trying to set its value to null but I get an error. Dim HoldDate as date Holddate = "" I have several other fields that are text that are obviously fine, but I am not sure how to set a default for the date type field. I need to initialize the field after I write a record out before processing new records Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, -- KSH On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 21:06:00 -0800, KSH wrote: > I have defined a variable in my vba code as date. I am trying to set its > value to null but I get an error. &g...

Roles and 'Settings' for user interface CRM 3.0
Hi, I'm wanting to create a role for a new user that has basic access. His web interface allows him access to the Settings Tab, which I don't want. From there he can change 'Business Unit Settings' and other settings. I thought it was a matter of my selecting the wrong settings in the role creation, so I created a 'Basic' role with NOTHING checked off and assigned it to him exclusively. It still gave him access to the settings tab, and 'Business Unit Settings'. Surely there must be a way to limit user access to this tab. Any ideas? Hi Jonathan, Have you ...

Publisher vs. PageMaker, QuarkXPress?
I have been employed in commercial (newspaper) prepress for more than 10 years and have used and am quite familiar with PageMaker and QuarkXPress. Now I have retired (more or less) and want to do some freelance publishing without having to make a major software investment. Publisher seems like a bargain compared to Quark. Not being familiar with Publisher, I'm hoping some folks here can help me understand what features and capabilities I'll be losing by going with Publisher. Your help is greatly appreciated. Lew This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000...