microsoft home publishing

i tried to get to a home publishing site, no luck.....i
have had this program since 2000, i tried to load it in a
hp computer w/ windows xp, when it['s done and i try to
open it tells me one or more parts are missing or broken
and then i click on help and it says the wmf grafics
filter is missing....is there a fix? how about a web site
to down load this software?
0
anonymous (74722)

joanne wrote:
> i tried to get to a home publishing site, no luck.....i
> have had this program since 2000, i tried to load it in a
> hp computer w/ windows xp, when it's done and i try to
> open it tells me one or more parts are missing or broken
> and then i click on help and it says the wmf grafics
> filter is missing....is there a fix? how about a web site
> to down load this software?
=====================================
HP99 is not compatible with Windows XP.

You may be able to run the program in Compatibility
Mode but more than likely you will have to upgrade
to a newer product.

Maybe the following KB article will shed some light.

(320012) Homepub: "Sorry Can't Continue.
Something is Missing." Error Message When
You Try to Start Home Publishing or Greetings
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320012

If you have Home Publishing 2000,
Have a look at the following KB article:

(246171) Homepub 2K Error Message: WMF
Graphics Filter Is Missing
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=246171

For additional info on: Microsoft Home Publishing

Try these links:

http://tinyurl.com/2geuz

http://tinyurl.com/iozo

Or, go to the following site:

http://tinyurl.com/218p

Wait for the page to load.

(if the newsgroup list doesn't load,
left click your Refresh button)

Scroll down the list in the left pane to:

home.publishing

or

pictureit

BTW, be sure to include your MS HomePublishing
version and your Windows version.

--

John Inzer
return e-mail disabled

0
oobie (2069)
8/9/2004 12:31:07 AM
You'll probably need to contact Microsoft to get your CD replaced.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"joanne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i tried to get to a home publishing site, no luck.....i
> have had this program since 2000, i tried to load it in a
> hp computer w/ windows xp, when it['s done and i try to
> open it tells me one or more parts are missing or broken
> and then i click on help and it says the wmf grafics
> filter is missing....is there a fix? how about a web site
> to down load this software?

0
Retired (261)
8/9/2004 12:32:57 AM
bobbie wrote:
> "joanne" wrote:
>
>> i tried to get to a home publishing site, no luck.....i
>> have had this program since 2000, i tried to load it in a
>> hp computer w/ windows xp, when it['s done and i try to
>> open it tells me one or more parts are missing or broken
>> and then i click on help and it says the wmf grafics
>> filter is missing....is there a fix? how about a web site
>> to down load this software?
==================================
Read the following KB article:

(246171) Homepub 2K Error Message: WMF
Graphics Filter Is Missing
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=246171

These links will take you to the
appropriate newsgroups:

http://tinyurl.com/2geuz

http://tinyurl.com/iozo

--

John Inzer
return e-mail disabled

0
oobie (2069)

Need to create a VB script for Microsoft Outlook
Hi Folks, I am a newbie to VB scripting. I have this problem I need to solve in outlook. Often we have seen when people reply to emails, they say "please see my comments inline marked BlahBlah". Whenever people do such inline commenting, I would like the script to copy that info to the top of that email, along with a "link" to that embedded line. When the user click that line, the cursor show point the actual place where that comment was made. Pls let me know how can I implement in a VB script.. When the user right clicks the mouse at the end of of his embedde...

How do I get upgarde for publisher 98 to 2000 ?
I have set up the publisher 98 but I have installed in office 2000 on my pc. My system is run win xp so now microsoft update office 2000 SR-1 ...so what shall I do then . aknz2004 wrote: >I have set up the publisher 98 but I have installed in > office 2000 on my pc. My system is run win xp so now > microsoft update office 2000 SR-1 ...so what shall I do > then . ======================================= If you want Publisher 2000, you'll have to purchase a copy of the program. You cannot upgrade Pub98 to Pub2000...they are two separate programs. -- John Inzer return e-mail...

Logo in Publisher 2000
I can't seem to change the logo in one of my personal information profiles. I have modified it in my publication, but the logo stays the same in the profile. Any suggestions? Figured it out. Need to delete the logo, reinsert the old version, make the changes, then save. Publisher will then ask if you want to change the logo save in the personal info profile. >-----Original Message----- >I can't seem to change the logo in one of my personal >information profiles. I have modified it in my >publication, but the logo stays the same in the profile. >Any sug...

Publisher 2003: How Do I "Flow" (rework) a CURRENT [saved] document?
Page Setup/Layout/Booklet/Landscape/Print two pages per sheet. With both Automatic and Manual "Two Sided Printing" the center page (both sides) is--- blank. At the bottom right, of each page in the document, is a "Text in Overflow" Icon. Right click does not present an option to--- flow, condense or correct. Thanks Johann Since you know the terminology, I'm a bit curious why you didn't look up "overflow" in the Help file. The very first link will tell you how to deal with this. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Johann B�cker&qu...

Setup was unable to find an instance of the Microsoft CRM
I realize that this question has been asked before, i've made sure i've been compliant as the other posts have suggested, although i may have one additional wrinkle that i have seen addressed elsewhere. I may be missing something... My statistics: 1. Win 2K, 2. I am set up as an administrator 3. I have set up the client license 4. I am able to access the web-based client once i disabled the pop-up blocker I can also ping the crm web site 5. I am trying to access the server over a VPN connection rather than connected locally - one thing one post brought up - if i attempt to acc...

Publishing to a readable online format.
I have a bunch of Newsletters written in publisher and I would like to publish them online. The other dept (who doesnt have publisher) converts there files to pdf. Basically they will be on a big page with a clickable link. Any advice please ! Can you convert publisher to pdf ? Many Thanks. Mr 1977 wrote: > I have a bunch of Newsletters written in publisher and I would like to > publish them online. The other dept (who doesnt have publisher) > converts there files to pdf. Basically they will be on a big page > with a clickable link. > > Any advice please ! > Can yo...

Windows Live Mail & Publisher
How do I setup Windows Live Mail to use with Publisher 2007 to email Publisher documents? I keep getting a error message saying I have to use Outlook or Windows Mail as my default email. I am using Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail. ...

Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. The operation failed. An object could not be found
I posted this earlier, but I don't think I properly included my nospam address. In any event, the correct posting is below. I have several Windows XP SP2 /Office 2003 SP2 workstations that are unable to click on e-mail addresses on a WEB page in Internet Explorer for example. What should happen is a new Message window should pop open and I can send the e-mail just fine. Instead, however, we get the following error: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. The operation failed. An object could not be found." We have done the following: 1. Verified the web pages are fine - a...

Publisher 2003 is not showing graphics or wordart
when importing (or draging from one *.pub to another) the graphic goes 'missing'. The box is still there as is the little white drag anchors. The graphic manager shows the graphic but it's not on the screen. It's also not in print preview even though the graphic does print out with all the rest of the page. Wordart also suffers the same fate - I guess it's a little thing - but I can't find it. View, pictures, detailed display. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Nightnurse" <Nightnur...

How do I make a shadow behind a text box in Publisher
In an older version of Publishe, I remember you could go to Format and choose this option, however no I don't see the option and can only find how to make a shadow on the text itself, not the text box. Any assistance is greatly appreciated! Highlight the text, then go to Format > Font and check the "Shadow" option under Effects. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "gocats1127" <gocats1127@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

How do I publish incoming FAXES to a public Folder?
Hi, I would like to know if its possible to instruct the Microsoft FAX Service to publish all incoming FAXES to a public folder as PDF. TIA Ferdinand http://www.aloaha.com/portal/html/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=1 89#189 "Ferdinand Engelhardt" <fengelh@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:eorN6#7EFHA.4052@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I would like to know if its possible to instruct the Microsoft FAX Service > to > publish all incoming FAXES to a public folder as PDF. > > TIA > Ferdinand > > http://tinyurl.com/6cdjb...

Web Publishing in version 2002
I can' t seem to publish my site to the web with this version of Publisher. The assistant keeps suggesting that I should go to file and choose Save as Web Page on the File menu, but no such wording exists in my file menu. How do I remedy this problem? File, click "Convert to Web Publication." -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "mtmrclss" <mtmrclss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B5DEA98-DFF7-4B87-965F-0863AB298A51@microsoft.com... >I can' t seem to publish my site to...

Get started on your own home business!
Subject: Can you help me with my business? Introducing: "My Web Cash System" Hi, I'm writing to tell you about my new website Business and how you can get started with your very own ri.sk fr.ee Internet Business and Website thanks to "The Web C@sh System." Here's what you'll discover when you visit my Website: - How to link with Fortune 500 companies like Ebay, Amazon, WalMart, Office Depot (and More) and get paid. - How to start a business where you don't have to sell anything, talk to, or manage anyone. - Start a business with no invent@ry or...

How can I edit a previous publisher doc in 2003 version
When opening a Publisher doc created in a prior version (don't know which) I cannot edit the document. I downloaded the add on to keep placed graphics in their original version. What needs to be changed? Thanks Are you using a full version of Publisher as opposed to an expired version of the trial version? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Ken Bauman" <Ken Bauman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E5EC2E8-F415-4AD9-804F-FF2CEBDF7CC9@microsoft.com... > When opening a Publisher doc created in a prior version (don't know which) >...

How do I get sharp typeface when I email Publisher newsletter?
When I use Email preview or send Publisher newsletter by email, the type on the screen looks as if it's out of ink or it's been printed on a dot matrix. I'm using TT fonts, as suggested. What else can I do to get a clean looking emailed Newsletter? Convert it to a PDF. There are free converters around. www.primopdf.com has been mentioned here. As Matt Beals would say, Friends don't send friends HTML email. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Coral Ann" <Coral Ann@discussions.microsoft.co...

Publisher 2002 hangs
When trying to open some of my MSPUB files, the application just hangs. I have tried re-installing & my XP system is fully up-to-date. When I send in the error message and go to the recommendations, it says to update to a newer version of 2002 which I don't want to do - I like 2002 and I don't want to spend the money - or to check my system, which I did. I have changed my printer name as someone recommended - no change & I have tried to move some of the FONTS - also to no avail. I don't know where to get some help??? By the way some of my Publisher files open j...

Publisher 2003 file not updated on save
Hi, I have a client using Publisher 2003 under XP. The file she is working on, March.pub, is stored on a Windows 2003 server which she accesses via a mapped P: drive. Yesterday, she worked on a file most of the day and swears she did a Save very often. About 4pm, she saved, printed her work, exited from Publisher, logged off Windows, and went home. Today when she came in she opened the file, only to find that it was missing much of her work. I checked and in fact the latest version on the server is from about 1pm. I had no luck finding a temporary version on the XP machine's C: dr...

The quality of the network connection to the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server is poor
We have a gigabit connection to the CRM server and all servers are in the same LAN segment except for exchange and we always get the The quality of the network connection to the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server is poor when running the diagnostics even though our latency to the CRM server, the CRM DB Server, The AD server, Reporting Server, Exchange Server is under 1 ms. What could be causing it to complain about the network? Thanks. We had seen this warning on a few environments. It is only a warning, so we just monitor the performance and it works fine. Perhaps open a support ticket to hel...

Formatting Problem
I've created a blank booklet of x no. of pages with page size of h7.25" x w4.75" with 0.5" margins all around. I've been provided with material on floppies to incorporate into the booklet. The material is in the wrong font type and size and needs considerable change in other formatting. This I've done by opening the document into a WORD document of the same dimensions as stated above and tailoring the content to this WORD document. There are some centering, indents, right or left alignment. When I then try to insert this into the booklet in Publisher, s...

mail merge to Publisher
Hello, Can you tell me how to merge a Microsoft Outlook list (a separate sub-list of 10 names culled from a master list of 200) into a Publisher document? This list has its own folder and its own name and is located in my My Shortcuts. The error messatge says it can't find the data base. Thank you. Hi james (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Can you tell me how to merge a Microsoft Outlook list (a separate || sub-list of 10 names culled from a master list of 200) into a || Publisher document? This list has its own folder and its own name ||...

Office Mac 2008 Home & Student Edition stalls or freezes on opening
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have just installed Office Mac 2008 Home & Student Edition stalls freezes on opening any Office application. I am using OS X 10.5.6 mini mac Intel Thanks Jane On 4/25/09 4:15 PM, "Jane_Dutton@officeformac.com" <Jane_Dutton@officeformac.com> wrote: > I have just installed Office Mac 2008 Home & Student Edition stalls freezes on > opening any Office application. It could be fonts. See these suggestions: <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/troubleshoot/crashes.html#crash46> -- Diane...

Free Network Marketing Home Business
This Incredible system provides free training (visual, audio and text), websites, step by step setting up and continuous coaching. Find out how to earn legitimate comfortable monthly income. visit: http://classifieds.byindia.com/detail.php?siteid=5805&cityid=127&show_still=1&citydetail=1 General details Sold by Abdul Johar Email Contact seller Location Wint rd, ...

Publishing Free/Busy Time
I was reading in the Help section that I can set our PCs to publish each person's Free/Busy time to our local server. Can anyone give me any extra information on hos I do this? I went to Tools/Options/Calendar Options/Free-Busy Time and foudn where I can setr it to do that. THe question is how exactly do I specify where to publish the information to, and how do I get all my PCs to be able to retireve the informatino to make it useful to everybody? THere's no Browse button so do I need to just type in a folder such as (X:\schedule) or something different? Just can't get it to wo...

Microsoft 60 Day Trial Key
Hi I have a new HP PC with Office 2007 Trial installed on it with an Activation Assistant that I click the 1 button to get a 60 Trial key. When clicking this I don't get a key but pop up message. "The Microsoft Office Activation Assistant was unable to request your trial activation key. Please check your Internet connection and try again. If the error continues, go to www.microsoft.com/office/pctrial2007 to request a trial activation key. " So i then goto website and click on the link which takes me to here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/products/FX101759...

Reporting Bugs to Microsoft
I have found a bug in Exchange 2003, does anyone know how I report this? Whats the bug? -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Exchange MVP www.exchangetrainer.com www.msexchange.org "fatiefats" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:682EE703-4471-4D68-9359-CD32DD34DA9D@microsoft.com... >I have found a bug in Exchange 2003, does anyone know how I report this? I attempted to uninstall Exchange server. I need to do this because the domain controller was incorrectly installed. Anyway I am getting this message: Setup encountered an error while checking prereq...