microsoft home publishing

i tried to get to a home publishing site, no luck.....i
have had this program since 2000, i tried to load it in a
hp computer w/ windows xp, when it['s done and i try to
open it tells me one or more parts are missing or broken
and then i click on help and it says the wmf grafics
filter is missing....is there a fix? how about a web site
to down load this software?
0
anonymous (74722)

joanne wrote:
> i tried to get to a home publishing site, no luck.....i
> have had this program since 2000, i tried to load it in a
> hp computer w/ windows xp, when it's done and i try to
> open it tells me one or more parts are missing or broken
> and then i click on help and it says the wmf grafics
> filter is missing....is there a fix? how about a web site
> to down load this software?
=====================================
HP99 is not compatible with Windows XP.

You may be able to run the program in Compatibility
Mode but more than likely you will have to upgrade
to a newer product.

Maybe the following KB article will shed some light.

(320012) Homepub: "Sorry Can't Continue.
Something is Missing." Error Message When
You Try to Start Home Publishing or Greetings
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320012

If you have Home Publishing 2000,
Have a look at the following KB article:

(246171) Homepub 2K Error Message: WMF
Graphics Filter Is Missing
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=246171

For additional info on: Microsoft Home Publishing

Try these links:

http://tinyurl.com/2geuz

http://tinyurl.com/iozo

Or, go to the following site:

http://tinyurl.com/218p

Wait for the page to load.

(if the newsgroup list doesn't load,
left click your Refresh button)

Scroll down the list in the left pane to:

home.publishing

or

pictureit

BTW, be sure to include your MS HomePublishing
version and your Windows version.

--

John Inzer
return e-mail disabled

0
oobie (2069)
8/9/2004 12:31:07 AM
You'll probably need to contact Microsoft to get your CD replaced.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"joanne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i tried to get to a home publishing site, no luck.....i
> have had this program since 2000, i tried to load it in a
> hp computer w/ windows xp, when it['s done and i try to
> open it tells me one or more parts are missing or broken
> and then i click on help and it says the wmf grafics
> filter is missing....is there a fix? how about a web site
> to down load this software?

0
Retired (261)
8/9/2004 12:32:57 AM
bobbie wrote:
> "joanne" wrote:
>
>> i tried to get to a home publishing site, no luck.....i
>> have had this program since 2000, i tried to load it in a
>> hp computer w/ windows xp, when it['s done and i try to
>> open it tells me one or more parts are missing or broken
>> and then i click on help and it says the wmf grafics
>> filter is missing....is there a fix? how about a web site
>> to down load this software?
==================================
Read the following KB article:

(246171) Homepub 2K Error Message: WMF
Graphics Filter Is Missing
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=246171

These links will take you to the
appropriate newsgroups:

http://tinyurl.com/2geuz

http://tinyurl.com/iozo

--

John Inzer
return e-mail disabled

0
oobie (2069)

Microsoft wireless laser mouse 5000
I just got one of these. I'm running Windows Vista & have been using a wired Intellimouse. I installed the software & followed the installation instructions (I thought), but the wireless mouse & receiver (which the system reports is working normally) doesn't seem to do anything. The old mouse is still installed & connected & works. What should I do to get the new mouse working? Be gentle with me I'm not a computer wizard... Hi, spentbros. Since we can't see your computer and mouse, we'll need a lot more details to be able to guess at a pr...

Converting a Microsoft Word document to a PC document

For Russ Paul-Jones of Microsoft re the News Headlines
Russ, it has been several days since your post re Microsoft working on the problem regarding the news headlines on MS Money not opening, and they still don't open. Just wanted to let you know... Thanks. Getting back after the long weekend, it looks like it is working now, at least in Money 2006. Still having trouble? -- Russ Paul-Jones russpj@microsoft.com MS Money Product Unit Manager "Chuck" <chleven@msn.com> wrote in message news:OLEfXCJ8FHA.4084@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Russ, it has been several days since your post re Microsoft working on the > pro...

Microsoft Excel Help
Why are they called arguments when creating an Excel function? i need to no for a Excel test! what makes them arguments? Hi if you mean the 'parameteres' of a function how would you call them otherwise :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "martz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0b2601c4d8e5$c05f7bd0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Why are they called arguments when creating an Excel > function? i need to no for a Excel test! what makes them > arguments? ...

XP Home SP 2 and Web based Outlook
I used to be able to flawlessly remotely access Outlook remotely using IE and SP1. However, once I installed SP2, I can longer reply to any messages. My INBOX appears correctly and I can view messages, but once I hit the REPLY icon, the message I was viewing disappears and I am returned to my INBOX rather than being able to compose a message. I upgraded to SP2 on two different computers and the same problems exists on both machines. SP2 for Windows XP includes a built-in popup stopper for Internet Explorer. Open Internet Explorer and select Tools | Internet Options | Privacy tab. Se...

why is my product key not accepted by microsoft
product key is d9qcg mjphx kjwpy bqjdy mgkk3 I am trying to upgrade my microsoft word, Product Keys never use lower case letters. Try calling Microsoft at the activation number listed in the software. Also, your question may be better answered in a newsgroup appropriate to your problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website may have misdirected you. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "len hussey" <len hussey@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Reinstalling publisher with product key only
I recently had my hard drive and mother board replaced on my laptop, I bought publisher online, and the only thing i can find is the product key code which i had luckily saved on my external hardrive. Can I reinstall publisher somehow without having to re purchase it?? how and where? cause so far i am getting nowhere.. thank you. You need the CD containing the program. Otherwise, how are you going to install it? Craig nikki wrote: >I recently had my hard drive and mother board replaced on my laptop, I bought >publisher online, and the only thing i can find is the product key co...

Last day of posting via Microsoft server
Well, I guess this is the last day of posting via the Microsoft server. http://www.teranews.com/ Your own free account ($3.95 one time setup fee) that allows posting or use public.teranews.com without an account (no posting & speed capped). You can use any standard news client you choose to read and post to any newsgroup. Or Google it: http://groups.google.com/groups/search?hl=en&q=microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion&qt_s=Search God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto:BillHughes@billhughes.com http://www.billhughes.com/jeep_bookmark.htm "D...

I can't publish now since my computer crashed as was rebuilt
My computer crashed and was re-built with all the software re-loaded and my documents re-loaded from saved files etc. But now when I try to publish updates to my web site, I get FP error message like this: "the web server at www.snoblazers.com does not appear to have Windows Sharepoint services installed. possible causes: 1) Web server may not have Frontpage extensions installed 2) The web server may be temporarily out of service 3) If you are connecting through a proxy service, the proxy settings may be incorrect 4) An error may have occured in the web server. But n...

By: deesom In: microsoft.public.dynamics.gp.developer
I do have an unusual situation - and I really do need your help, urgently: I have a gravel road infrasture asset (GRDS-0001 with suffix 1). It has a Net Book Value of $ 1,200,000. This gravel road was paved over at a cost of $ 750,000. The asset is no longer a gravel road, and the transformed asset needs to be classified as a new asset, for example , with an asset ID of PRDS-0001(suffix 1). How would I properly create and record this new asset, with the cost of $ 1,950,000, and still preserve the history of the old asset (GRDS-0001), that no longer exists. I did not feel comfortable ...

How do I merge two publisher files?
I am using publisher 2003. I am creating an 80 page catalog. I like to save page 1-10 as file one, pages 11-20 as file two and so on. When I am finished with my catalog I need to send one file to the printer. How can I merge all of my pages together in one file? Copy and paste. Or if you have Acrobat (not just the free Reader) you can create a single .pdf file with the parts. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "screnda" <screnda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF96E50B-CBC8-4A5A-A854-D7EE130CE9AD@microsoft.com... >I am using publisher 200...

Can you record a macro in Publisher like you can in Excel?
In Excel I use the feature to Record a Macro. Excel records the keystrokes and converts to VB. Does Publisher have that option? In my version, Publisher 2003, I can Create a Macro, and it takes me into VB. However, I don't know how to code VB. Darlene wrote: > In Excel I use the feature to Record a Macro. Excel records the keystrokes > and converts to VB. Does Publisher have that option? In my version, > Publisher 2003, I can Create a Macro, and it takes me into VB. However, I > don't know how to code VB. Publisher does not have a Macro Recorder, sorry. --...

I want to design both side of a post card using publisher 03
I have go side one completed. How do I do the other side??? Insert Page -- Don Vancouver, USA "bettboop" <bettboop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68D78C55-BB03-44EC-97AF-D8FBA74FB95C@microsoft.com... >I have go side one completed. How do I do the other side??? ...

Microsoft RMS and PC Charge
I know that Microsoft works with 4 acquiring banks to do integrated credit card processing. It looks as if Microsoft will work with PC Charge as well. Is this correct? If so- are there any hiccups/differences/things to be aware of if the client chooses PC Charge for EDC? Thanks, Andrea Microsoft not only works with the 4 prefered aquirer banks but any bank that is able to process using the Vital or VisaNet networks. There are some hiccups with using PC Charge, do a search for 'PC Charge' on previous posts. Check out the post on : Thursday, November 03, 2005 4:33 AM By: Jeff Titl...

Microsoft
Microsoft - ARE YOU LISTENING? 1/2. PLEASE DO THIS!!!!! You need to display a flag when the "Process thru EDC" box is not checked. Inform the cashier that the transaction is not being processed; do they want to continue? Look on the newsgroups to see how many retailers have lost credit card revenue because this box was not checked and not discovered until much later. Since all the card numbers are masked (as they should be) there is not a chance that we can recoup these losses. Yes, this did happen to me; and yes, I lost a lot of money. 1. Please make all input fields co...

Group / ungroup Publisher 2007
I am trying to group 2 pictures in a text box using Publisher 2007 and Vista. The select / unselect items in the Arrange menu are greyed out. I believe I should be able to use the select tool to draw a box around the items but nothing happens when I click on it. any thoughts please Do you have a border on your page? Are you certain you are selecting all the objects? What happens if you do CTRL+A with your cursor outside the text box? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ancre15" <ancre15@discussions.micro...

XP Home Screensaver
Use laptop infrequently. Now note XP Home screensaver appearing and wandering over monitor screen. Followed instructions for registry edit and changed the Desktop Screen Saver values to 0. Screensaver continues to appear. What did I miss? E/B wrote: > Use laptop infrequently. Now note XP Home screensaver appearing and > wandering over monitor screen. Followed instructions for registry > edit and changed the Desktop Screen Saver values to 0. Screensaver > continues to appear. What did I miss? You changed the registry to stop the screensaver? What about right...

Import Print Shop files into MS Publisher
Is there any way to import files created in Print Shop into MS Publisher? I need to convert all of my old(er) Print Shop files and am not sure how to accomplish that. Thanks in advance for any info and help. Sigrid What kind of files are you talking about...images? If so, then probably yes, just export (or save) them as standard graphic files. Are you talking about Broderbund's Print Shop? You need to explain exactly what you are trying to do, and what is/is-not happening when you try. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web ...

Compatibility Win2K, XP Home, XP Pro
Hi Folks, I have an MFC application running on XP Home but not on XP Pro (the application crashes at launch time). If I change the application "Property/Compatibility" and set it to compatible with Win2000 that works fine. Development platform: VC++ 6, SP5 running on XP Home 1. Is there a way to set programmatically the executable compatibility before building the application? 2. What kind of function can cause this problem? Is it linked to MFC version? Thanks in advance, Seb >I have an MFC application running on XP Home but not on XP Pro (the >application crashes at la...

How do I import old Publisher files? #2
I was told to turn off Norton, can you help me? ...

Microsoft support for MFC42 and Visual C++
Has Microsoft made any announcements on whether it intends to limit or stop support of MFC42 and Visual C++ 6.0 ? Thank so much. rgs424 wrote: > Has Microsoft made any announcements on whether it intends to limit or stop > support of MFC42 and Visual C++ 6.0 ? Thank so much. rgs424: VC6 itself is no longer supported, and I would be very surprised if there will be any updates of its MFC DLL's. However, VC6 apps will continue to run fine, even on Vista. The main problems for VC6 are 1. The outdated compiler and C++ standard library. 2. The fact that it cannot be used with P...

MISSING features on PUBLISHER 2002 that where there in 2000
On Pub 2000 you could click on a picture frame type in part of a name and the list diolog would list all picture files with that part of name in the folder for you to insert with Pub XP 2002 you have to use wild cards to get the same result also XP 2002 is not refreshing my pictures Properely on rezise is there anyway to correct this Brian After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Bex In Da House <bex123abc@<removethis>... > On Pub 2000 you could click on a picture frame type in part of a name > and the list diolog would list all picture fi...

Microsoft Office Student 2007 activation issues
I have recently installed Windows 7 and have had to reinstall my microsoft office program. The installation went through correctly, no problems there. My problem is with activating it. I go through the activation and choose to convert to the full product right away as I have a product key for a full version. I put the product key in and accept it. I choose my options and then it goes to configuration. The configuration goes through correctly and then I get prompted to restart all microsoft office programs for the changes to go through. I do that and then it prompts me to activate...

2004 Mac Microsoft Excel: Lost corner! Can shrink the window!!
I am new to Mac, so if anyone can tell me how to fix this problem I have, it will be appreciated. When I launch Excel, open an existing file by choosing 'open' under 'File' at toolbar, Excel opens up a window to show all the files, folders etc. from my computer HD and extermal HD etc. in one window with the tile 'Open: Microsoft Excel'. Somehow, this winow in my Excel program has corner push down out of screen. Therefore, I can not grab the corner to shrink the window to fit my computer screen. I barely see 'Cancel' and 'Open' icons at the bottom of the...