merging .pub files

I have created 2 .pub files using Publisher 2003, a 50 page directory file
and a 4 page calendar file.  I want to append the calandar file onto the end
of the directory file but can't find  any method of combining pre-created
..pub files. I assume there is a method, but as a rookie, can't find it.
I also have Publisher 2007 available, if it would work better.
Any assistance is appreciated.

Bruce H
0
BruceH (4)

Bruce H wrote:
> I have created 2 .pub files using Publisher 2003, a 50 page directory file
> and a 4 page calendar file.  I want to append the calandar file onto the end
> of the directory file but can't find  any method of combining pre-created
> .pub files. I assume there is a method, but as a rookie, can't find it.

You can copy and paste page-by-page, or you can try Mary's tutorial:
http://msauer.mvps.org/combining_publisher_documents.htm

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> Bruce H wrote:
> > I have created 2 .pub files using Publisher 2003, a 50 page directory file
> > and a 4 page calendar file.  I want to append the calandar file onto the end
> > of the directory file but can't find  any method of combining pre-created
> > .pub files. I assume there is a method, but as a rookie, can't find it.
>
> You can copy and paste page-by-page, or you can try Mary's tutorial:
> http://msauer.mvps.org/combining_publisher_documents.htm
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://ed.mvps.org

0
BruceH (4)

unreasonable large file size
Dear all, I have some Excel files with very large size (>20M) but there are just little data in there. I found the problem cannot be solved when I copy the whole worksheet to a new file. However, when I just past the data, format, etc. to a new file, the file size will be normal. After I have tried several time, I found the file size will be normal if I delete the worksheet. If I have just delete all data/cells in the worksheet, the problem cannot be solved. you can download a sample file at : http://www.24gto.com/bug.xls (if you cannot download it, I can email to you, just send...

how do i send apicture from my file to an e-mail
Learn how to post a question: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm See that large white space beneath the subject line? Use it to provide = at least a modicum of information about what you are trying to = accomplish. Otherwise, you are wasting our time and yours when someone = has to come along and try to pry information out of you. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All = unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without = reading. "waheb" <waheb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote Nothing!!!! ...

Merging into Word document
I'm having 2 merging problems. One is even though I format a cell as "zip + 4" on the spreadsheet (81202-3470), Word merges it as without the "dash". And when I inputted a "dash", it merged it as a zero even when I changed the format to general, text, etc. The other problem is when a cell is formatted as a phone number, the merged document shows a zero, when I want it to be blank. And it doesn't print as (303) 860-0122, it prints as 3038600122. HELP! I've saved a couple responses from Deb Dalgleish. She's recommended this to other pe...

merging data from two different sheets
As Cantor of a large synagogue, I'd like to have membership data on my palm pilot. My office provided me with two files: 1. Includes ID, names, addresses, birthdates, phones...etc. 2. Includes ID, children's names and birthdates. Using the ID as the common link, how can I easily merge the correct children's names with parental records, creating one file which I can import to Outlook and thus sync with my palm. Appreciate your help! Robert Assume that you will use the table with most info (number 1 in your description) Assume also for simplicity that the first ID starts in ...

Maximum File Size
Is there a maximum file size that Excel can read? I know the max rows is 65,536, but is there a limit to the overall file size? Not that I know of but your RAM (memory) does limit how much data an Excel file can cope with. Bernard "cmandel" <cmandel@dobsystems.com> wrote in message news:027501c37e09$64f662a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a maximum file size that Excel can read? I know > the max rows is 65,536, but is there a limit to the > overall file size? Where can I find out how RAM limits the amount of data? >-----Original Message----- >Not that I...

File Increase in size
Dear Sir, I am working with an Excel file which has several pages, dynamic tables, macros, and build in formulas. My excel was 3 MB size las week. Suddenly, without any aparent reason the file shows 9 MB size. In the meanwhile I only added a small dynamic table which is no real explanation for the increase in size. I assume something inside got broken. Is there any maintenence program or procedure I could run over my file as to fix whatever went wrong? Thanks in advance, My suggestion would be to save your worksheets to a new workbook. HTH, -- Gary Brown gary_brown@ge_NOSPAM.com If ...

Restore Backup Files
Hi there I have posted this question to the Windows XP Professional x64 Edition board and the microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support board as suggested by other users. Some time ago I set up the Backup feature on Windows XP Pro so that my laptop data got backed up daily to an external hard drive. The laptop was recently stolen but thankfully, the external hard drive was left behind and I have a Mac desktop computer with Bootcamp. When I restore the backup.bkf file, the directories are all there, but there is no data - not a Word, Excel, PDF or any other type of file to ...

Opening files in Office 2003
I am having a small problem with Office 2003 Pro that I don't experience with any other program on my machine. Here is a screen capture: http://s657.photobucket.com/albums/uu294/tonyvella_2009/?action=view&current=office.jpg Normally when I click my mouse wheel all programs accept it as a double-click. Office 2003 does not: I have to double-click either with the left button or with the wheel. Another thing I have noticed is that when I select a file to open (jensen article.doc), the file's name normally appears in the "file name" space next to the 'open&qu...

PST File Regularly Corrupts
My outlook.pst file routinely becomes corrupted from even light, normal use of Outlook 2003. When this happens the program becomes dreadfully stodgy and slow, hanging out the busy cursor icon for 20-30 seconds or more before processing the simplest command. I can fix the file using scanpst but it's a pain to have to run the fix routine almost every day. It appears to me this is a very buggy version of Outlook, and in fact there are other odd malfunctions in Office 2003 that make it less seamless to use than the 2000 version I used previously. I'd appreciate any available advi...

How to write a temp file in user's directory.
Hi Need to write one temp file in user's directory. Is there a way to hide the file in order to avoid user's opening, modifying? Thank you, Kelvin >Need to write one temp file in user's directory. Is there a way to hide the >file in order to avoid user's opening, modifying? Kelvin, You could create the file with the hidden attribute but the only way to stop another application from opening the file is to keep it open (without allowing sharing) yourself. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 18:02:41 +0800, "Kelvin" <Kel...

Shared Excel File
Shared Excel files on the department directory do not seem to close properly. The subsequent user gets a message when they attempt to open a file that the last person to use it is still in it, even though the former user doesn't have it open. Bill ...

Attaching documents without saving them as an OLE file first.
It would be helpful to be able to attach documents (scanned) via a "ONE" step process vs. saving the scanned document to a file and then attaching that file as an OLE document in the "Note" field. Basically, place the item to be scanned in the scanner, press START and the image is immediately scanned to the "Note" field. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, fo...

I've downloaded Adobe 9 , but I still can't open PDF files.
Just bought Windows 7 and now I cannot open PDF files sent to me via Hotmail concerning work. What to do? The quickest and easiest first step is to re-attribute PDF format to Adobe. Select a PDF file in Windows Explorer, right-mouse-click, Open With, Choose Program, select Adobe (may need to Browse), check the box "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file". OK Hope this helps DeanH "JohninMontreal" wrote: > Just bought Windows 7 and now I cannot open PDF files sent to me via Hotmail > concerning work. What to do? Ask in an Ado...

"Unable to Read File" #2
I experienced a first-time problem this morning when trying to open an existing XL document from XL 2002. Upon an attempt to open, the dialog box "Unable to Read File" immediately popped up. I've tried many files and they all won't open. As I have network access, I've tried opening public directory files from other machines and had no problems at all. I found a document of limited help "812384 - XL 2002" in the Microsoft Knowledge Base, but it doesn't say where to download a fix or get a patch from. The link provide is generic and not directly of...

how to access the config file from workflow assembly
my workflow assembly now works fine. But I put hard code for url and userid, such as _service = new CrmService(); _service.Url = "http://crm/mscrmservices/2006/crmservice.asmx"; _service.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials; _service.CallerIdValue = new CallerId(); _service.CallerIdValue.CallerGuid = new Guid("3a4bbf99-f0e7-4b91-0000-a116a75ea665"); I tried to use app.config and web.config to store the data, such as <appSettings> <add key="DBA_WebserviceUrl" value="http://crm/mscrmservices/2006/crmservice.asmx" /&g...

Checked Out Files
In a SharePoint library, when I upload multiple files I have to manually check in each file. There are no required fields in the column settings. THere used to be a required field but we removed that. Is there any other setting to correct this problem or a way to check in multiple files at once? Remove the require check out condition on the library prior to upload. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "Kim" <Kim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64AD5224-4334-455F-8896-1CAA43534E9D@microsoft.com... >...

Installing SP6 redistributable files
If I need to install SP6 redistributable runtime onto a machine that has Windows File Protection (2000, XP), how do I do it? Installing the new versions fails at the moment because WFP restores the previous versions. Does microsoft provide a HotFix to upgrade say MFC or VB runtimes to SP6 levels on machines that don't have it? If so could someone post details about which ones they are. There seems to be a fundamental issue here to me. Installers can no longer upgrade system files, so we are reliant on MS to provide Hot Fixes and Service packs to perform the upgrades for us that can overc...

Excel file is opened twice
I have Excel 97-SR2(m)on a Windows NT4 Sp6a workstation. Everytime I open an specific workbook this is opened twice. This file is located in a network folder. No macros in the workbook. Any idea about why this behaviour?. Thanks, Ivan.- If one has :1 at the end and the other has :2 at the end, then what has happened is that either intentionally or unintentionally, someone has used the feature Window / New Window which will allow you to see two copies of the same workbook at the same time (Can be very useful sometimes as you can tile the windows). When a file is saved in this mode it wil...

I don't see the file sitemap.axd anyplace but it's referenced in robots.txt
I'm looking at someone elses code and they have the following in robots.txt. But I don't see the file sitemap.axd anyplace. What is going on here? User-agent: * Disallow: /login.aspx Disallow: /search.aspx Disallow: /error404.aspx Disallow: /archive.aspx #Remove the '#' character below and replace example.com with your own website address. #sitemap: http://example.com/sitemap.axd Thanks Cal Who wrote: > I'm looking at someone elses code and they have the following in > robots.txt. > But I don't see the file sitemap.axd anypl...

Filtering on merged cells
Can you please help? I have 6 pieces of info in cells A8, A9, A10, A11, A12 & A13 - Cells C8 to C13 are merged and contain one value, if i use the filter option and choose the value contained within the merged cells, it only displays the info in cell A8, where as i need the info in cells A8, A9, A10, A11, A12 & A13 to be shown...is this possible? Thanks -- mtaylor ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mtaylor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26871 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...

Saving Excel file as HTML USING C#
Hi All, I have a requirement of saving Excel files as HTML using C#. I have managed to write code for saving as HTLM file. however this seems to be not working in the once perticular case . For e.g I hav the following values are in column say A1 & A2. A1A2 D B B O A N G D V V A A L L 0 1 1 2 1 1 When I save this as HTML, I am getting saved file as below ( Note the change vertical display to horizontal) . Any suggestions / comments on this is highly appreciated. Thanks a lot for your time. DBAGVAL BONDVAL 0 1 1 2 1 1 Regards, Kewal ...

Excel claims exclusive file may have been changed on save
Every time I work with one particular spreadsheet, I get a dialog indicating that the file may have been changed by another user whenever I try to save the workbook. - I have exclusive access to this file. - I am the only person making changes to the file. - There are no macros in this workbook. - My machine checks out as free of viruses and spyware. - I am at my wits end! Have a look at this KB Article "The file may have been changed..." error when you save workbook to network server in Excel 2002 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=324491 Myrna Larson also rep...

merging workbooks #5
I am a teacher. I have to enter all my students grades into a form, I then have to merge that document with the report template in order to quickly print all the reports for my students without having to enter all the details on each individual report. How do I do this? Thanx Ria This sounds like a job for MS Word's 'mail merge' (or Form Letter), for which Excel has a Help under 'Mail Merge' -- Bryan Hessey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&us...

How to merge information from two Access databases?
In changing office locations, IT set us up with a copy of the database. Months later, they set us up with a different copy. The problem is that any data entered from November through January is not on the current copy. How can I get that information moved over to the current copy? On Mar 12, 12:38 pm, Sonia'G. <Sonia...@discussions.microsoft.com>wrote:> In changing office locations, IT set us up with a copy of the database.> Months later, they set us up with a different copy. The problem is that any> data entered from November through January is not on the current copy. H...

Combine Files??
Me and my Fiancee both use Money 2004. We will be getting married in August. What would be the easiest way to combine the 2 files together so that we can both access our acounts, so money can estimate our taxes,...etc. I have been using money since 2001 so I have a lot of info that I would rather not lose. Thanks for your help Donnie In microsoft.public.money, Donnie wrote: >Me and my Fiancee both use Money 2004. We will be >getting married in August. What would be the easiest way >to combine the 2 files together so that we can both >access our acounts, so money ca...