Merging in Publisher 2002

I created a postcard with two 3x5 cards per 8.5 x 11 page.  I used the blank
page option at the start.  The postcard formats didn't fit what I wanted to
acheive.  Now I want to merge data from a name and address file from Access.
It sets up the two seperate blocks with the correct merge fields but when I
do the merge it's putting the same name on the two cards on the same page.
Evidently it's seeing the two seperate merge blocks as the same one. How can
I correct this?

You are going about the setup the wrong way.

Take a Postcard blank and see how that is done.  It only shows one on the
screen but prints the required number up per page.

When you print it, it will show the different names on each card.

Thankfully Publisher 2003 substantially improved the Merge feature.

donotknock (1941)

Coverting a publisher file to JPEG
I need some help. In the past, several times, I have converted a publisher document in to a JPEG file. Now for some reason, I can not remember how I did it. Does anyone have any suggestions??? If you are working with 2002 - select all images on the page (CTRL A) and Right-Click on it and choose "Save Picture As" ... it will defaul to a gif but you can select jpg from the drop-down list. L-J >-----Original Message----- >I need some help. In the past, several times, I have >converted a publisher document in to a JPEG file. Now for >some reason, I can not ...

Upgrading from Office XP/2002 to Office 2003
I have a WinXP Pro computer with Office XP(2002) installed, including FrontPage 2002. Office XP has performed flawlessly and has never given me any issues whatsoever (but I need to upgrade Outlook because my PST is too large) I just purchased Office 2003 Professional, which does not contain FrontPage 2003. Can anyone tell me if there would be problems upgrading Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access to Office 2003, but leaving FrontPage at 2002? Any warnings or advice on the upgrade? Thanks!!! No problem to do that at all -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup fo...

Excel 2002
-------------- Is it only me then that thinks this feature is mad ? Ah well. As it happens I found out the if you hide your detailed data using the out-line feature instead of the auto-filter, then you "can" have your cake and eat it ( Ken ) ! Hiding the detail using the out-line doe not make subtotal evaluate only visible data. Cool ! -------------- All messages from thread Message 1 in thread From: tur13o (research@basingstoke.plus.com) Subject: Excel 2002 - subtotal function only calculates visible cells in an auto filtered range. Why ? ...

Outlook 2002 won't backup
On closing Outlook 2002 I am prompted to backup my personal files. When I hit the "save backup" option I get a message "C:/..../Microsoft/Outlook folder does not exist. Do you want to create it?" When I hit the yes button I get a message "Cannot find the specified path" I have checked my hidden files and it seems that the path does exist. I have reloaded the backup utility and still have the same problem. Any solutions? Thanks for your assistance. Frustrated in Phoenix Set the save location to another location than where the original is located. You ...

Overlaying text on text MS Pub 2002 ?
In earlier versions of MS Publisher it was possible to lay one text box over another e.g. A large letter "D" with a word written vertically inside the downstroke of the "D" Trouble is that I can't remember how I did it. I'm now using 2002 and whatever the method "was" it appears not to be in this later version. I get round it by using the Ctrl 'M' and putting the large letter 'D' on the 'backing' page (or whatever it's called) then use control 'M' again, and type in the vertical word on top of the Black 'D' If y...

how can i feather pictures in publisher?
Use an image editing program such as PhotoShop, PhotoDraw, etc. Publisher is not an image editing program. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "bscott" <bscott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93C4655B-A5E4-4A04-A491-DAD05C95559F@microsoft.com... > Use a photo editing software program and then insert the resulting picture in Publisher. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "bscott" <bscott@discussions.mi...

mail merge error "System Aborted"
Hi, when I create a campaign activity which is of type mail-merge and choose to merge to word, the system doesn't work. a) Unsuscribe part of email doesn't appear b) It doesn't post CRM:xxxxx token c) The email was sent through Word, but did not track in CRM. d) the campaign activity has the state 'aborted by system' Is this a bug? Any ideas Thanks in advance Cristiano Is there a file attachement, or after these are sent do there appear to be file attachments on the e-mail??? If the size of any attachment (i've seen this) is greater that 5MB it errors sim...

publish excel sheet through API
Hi, I know in Excel2007, I can publish excel sheet through the UI using Excel Services. I am wondering if I can do the same though some APIs (programmically). Thanks for any pointer. Minh ...

Merging Workbooks
HELP !!I have two large but seperate workbooks (2000 rows each) that both have two common columns that contains the same misc numbers and text (such as premise number and street name). Other columns contain differenct data, such as name, or community in one workbook and date of hire and salary in the other workbook. I want to blend the two workbooks into one workbook combining the common data and then adding the remaining columns so that I end up with a single row that I could sort by premise number and or street name, but can't find a solution within "help" I'd cr...

Inserting Photos using mail merge...
We have a project where variable data is used, the client now wants us to insert the photo of the person (rep) on variable data cards. Our tif files are kept in a seperate directory. We are using excel spreadsheets to pull the text data and would like to tie the photo into the spreadsheet to pull from. Is this possible and can someone send me instructions. Thanks TO Hi TOwens (tom@burkeservices.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || We have a project where variable data is used, the client || now wants us to insert the photo of the person (rep) on || variable data cards. Our tif fi...

Publisher
I have a new computer. Old computer with Publisher 2000 had Windows 98. New computer has windows XP. I have installed Microsoft Office and tried to use my Publisher 2000. Also I went from a HP Deskjest 960c to a Epson RX500. My graphics and fonts are very flat and do not look at all the same. Is it the printer or windows XP. Please let me know what the problem might be. Anyone? In news:1aee301c41e95$dc226ae0$a101280a@phx.gbl, lestar3@aol.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> posted: > I have a new computer. Old computer with Publisher 2000 > had Windows 98. N...

Publisher Calendar #2
I have set up a calendar for 2004. I am trying to type the same information into each day of the calendar year. How can I do that without typing or using paste and going through each day of the calendar year and pasting the information day by day. ...

money 2002 crashes when importing transactions
from approx mid july I have been unable to downlaod transactions from my bank. Note this is in Australia so if is not an automatic link. I manually trigger the downlaod and MS Money knows to import the file that my PC gets. Money status bar says "processing statement" and then pops up the error has occured box. It has the following info: AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 10.0.0.904 ModName: mnyob99.dll ModVer: 10.0.0.904 Offset: 0014c5fe I have tried an uninstall and then reinstall into a new folder on different logical drive. I have also tried the xml fixes at http://supp...

Can publisher XP show *.tif images?
I am not able to see my tiff's in publisher xp. they come in, but are not visible? A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from rookie publisher <rookie publisher@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > I am not able to see my tiff's in publisher xp. they come in, but > are not visible? Publisher does not handle all types of TIFF file too well. It is normally advised that you use a format like PNG instead. PNG offers better compression than in TIFF, but does not offer multiple images in one file (which Publisher has trouble with anyway) --...

shouldn't office 2000 come with Publisher?
I thought office 2000 came with publisher, but its nowhere on the disk Take a look here.. http://www.microsoft.com/office/previous/2000/default.asp -- Mike Hall MS-MVP Windows Shell/User "spiritmagick" <spiritmagick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09C5B712-7649-493D-A3E5-A097E4FE7A84@microsoft.com... >I thought office 2000 came with publisher, but its nowhere on the disk Not all of the editions did, as you've seen. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "spiritmagick" <spiritmagick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Sending Publisher newsletter via Outlook 2007 screws up formatting
I have been sending out monthly newsletters as email created in Publisher 2003. These look great in Outlook 2003. However, I recently installed Office 2007 and now the Publisher emailed newsletters (both Publisher 2003 and Publisher 2007) look terrible in Outlook 2007. I have tried everything I could. I have even created the newsletter on one of my machines that is still running Office 2003. The Publisher newsletter looks perfect when viewing it in Outlook 2003 but terrible when viewing it in Outlook 2007. How do I fix this? Suggest you make your newsletter a pdf file and attach i...

Publisher will not recognize new printer
I just replaced my Brother MFC model 7150 with a new Brother MFC model 210C. The printer will function with all the features of Office 2003 except Publisher. Every time I select print or print preview, I receive a message that a printer has not been installed on the system. I asks that I install a printer for Publisher use. My old Brother worked fine with the Publisher program. What can I do to make Publisher recognize the new printer?? Did you completely remove all traces of your old printer? How to clean up printer drivers http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm When y...

publisher 2002 picture frame
to print an empty picture frame, I clicked on the 'Picture Frame' icon on the Objects Toolbar, the Insert Picture dialog box appeared, I pressed 'Cancel' but my picture frame did not want to stick to the page. Please help me put an empty picture frame on my page A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from whiteshark <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > to print an empty picture frame, I clicked on the 'Picture Frame' > icon on the Objects Toolbar, the Insert Picture dialog box appeared, > I pressed 'Cancel'...

Hyperlinks in MS Publisher 97?
Hi. I've been using MS Publisher 97 to create monthly newsletters for a long time. I use a printer driver from pdf995.com to create pdf newsletters. Have a problem, hoping someone here can help. The hyperlinks in the resulting pdf file are not consistent. Some are only half-links, some are only underlined text. Question. Is there a way to copy a hyperlink into MS Publisher 97 pub file? I've tried coping a hyperlink from a Word doc file, but Publisher wants to create a text-frame object. Any advice would be appreciated...Dennis I create a newsletter without hyperlink...

Outlook 2002 "The operation Failed" when clicking Send/Receive
I have Outlook 2002, when I click SEND/RECEIVE, I get the error message "The Operation Failed". No error numbers are listed, that is the exact and complete message. I have looked on the Microsoft website and nothing there was helpful. I tried deleting the email account and adding it, I also uninstalled Outlook and reinstalled it. I can 'Test' my account settings and it passes, but I never receive the test email. I can compose an email and click 'Send' and that works fine. It is not an ISP problem as Outlook Express works fine. So I can send email, but ca...

How do I increase the size of my ad in Publisher?
I'm new to Publisher, and I've created an ad, but when I send it or print it, it's far too small. How do I e-mail it so my recipient will see a readable ad? Or print it in a larger view? I've saved it as a PDF file but when I print it, the ad is only 2 incehs square and unreadable. Same thing if I send it in an e-mail. Help, please. Thanks. How about using a larger font. -- Don Vancouver, USA "pubscout" <pubscout@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E75AC44-DDC3-4D1D-9043-777A265A279D@microsoft.com... > I'm new to Publisher, and I...

possible to merge a calender with speadsheet
Hi, I'm trying create something for work where I can merge a calender with a speadsheet to keep track of vacation days and such for employees. I'm not sure if it is possible or not. To be more specific..... I want my excel speadsheet to update whenever I update the calander. For example, if I put Jack - Vacation day 9/1 on the calender, my speadsheet which shows all my employees will update Jack's vacation days taken. Thanks for any suggestions... Jack ...

Publisher 2000 design question..
I have created a letterhead design with a LINE border around the edges.. How do I change the squared corners to rounded ones?? Look to the left of your screen. There is a tool to make various shapes including rectangles/squares with rounded corners of adjustable radii. -- Don Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in America! "Kent" <dude43@aol.com> wrote in message news:0c6c01c377a0$249b5c20$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have created a letterhead design with a LINE border > around the edges.. How do I change the squared corners to > rounded ones??...

Select Web Server is blank
When publishing customizations, the Select Web Server box is blank. When I click the add server button the screen simply hangs. I'm running version 1.2 and I have not made any changes to the server. I have been publishing customizations on this server for 1.5 years without issue. I would be grateful for any suggestions. Regards, -- Mike Parks Georgia Institute of Technology Atlanta, Georgia If I am not mistaken I had this problem to with CRM 1.2. This was caused by the .NET Framework 2.0 which I had installed on the same box. After I uninstalled .NET 2.0 I could publish again. P...

Publisher 2003 colour separations
Hi, In Publisher 2003 whenever I print colour Separations regardless of printer (all postscript language 3), All four pages(colours) come out in greyscale, combined its fine sepearte each coulor is translated into grey. Is there somthing I need to do to change this into colour? Thanks Tim Tim Hall wrote: > In Publisher 2003 whenever I print colour Separations regardless of printer > (all postscript language 3), All four pages(colours) come out in greyscale, > combined its fine sepearte each coulor is translated into grey. Are you a commercial printer or taking your file to ...