Merging Documents

--
 I have created two different Publisher documents that I want to merge into
one document.  Can this be done?
0
ginport (1)

What version Publisher?
There is a method here
http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs

There is always the copy/paste. Edit, Office Clipboard, you can collect 24
items. Select all on a page, group, copy. This will not work correctly if the
text boxes are linked.

I have a way on my web page, it is not for the faint of heart.
http://msauer.mvps.org/combining_publisher_documents.htm

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"ginport" <ginport@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> --
> I have created two different Publisher documents that I want to merge into
> one document.  Can this be done?

0
mary.sauer (2018)

how do i open documents in different excel windows??
Hi, I work usually with the same 4 excel documents (I have them on my desktop). I open right one of them, my problem is: when I open the second document, it appears in the SAME excel window than the first one, and then the third, and the fourth.... How can i make to open each document in a different Excel window? Different windows of the same instance of excel? If you're using xl2k or higher: tools|options|view tab|check windows in taskbar tirengarfio wrote: > > Hi, > > I work usually with the same 4 excel documents (I have them on my desktop). > > I open ...

Importing a Word document, having probs
Never tried it before but i have a 4 page .doc file that i need to color seperate and some other things. i imported it into Publisher to see what I could do with it being i saw it had that feature to import. after it did, it only seemed to import 4 small graphics that were on the page and none of the text except for an address that was somewhere. It also gave me a 5th page for some reason. This isnt anything really complex, just a normal word file with text and images so what am I doing wrong? being ive never used the import .doc feature with Publisher, i could be overlooking some...

Protecting a document while still using it
I am trying to make a document where information can be typed into it, without the threat of losing any of my original form. The cells that you want to be able to type into can be unlocked by formatting the cell. Choose Format/Cell then click the Protection tab and uncheck the box marked "Locked" You can then protect your workesheet and only the unlocked cells will be available for change. "Jolene" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D58D9A85-CFE4-4E24-8409-FD6D98A4CDE3@microsoft.com... > I am trying to make a document where information...

Sometimes Word 2007 will not save a document
Most of the time Word saves documents as expected. Then it, for no reason I can see, will not autosave and ignores Crtl + S and does not respond if I click the Save button. If I close the document everything I entered since it was last saved is lost. Therefore I have to know that the save facility is not working in order to use Save As and create a new document with a different name. I am using Win7 Professional and I have seen posts from other people having the same problem. Can anyone suggest how to solve this problem which is very annoying? ...

Linking documents (non-numeric information
Hi I have been asked to create 2 documents - 1) A Vacation Schedule for the Trainers and 2) A Master Training Calendar of where, what and who will be conducting Training The challenge I am facing is creating a link with these two documents which will allow simultaneous update to the Training Calendar about the status of the trainer (ie if they are on vacation). Can anyone offer any suggestion on how I can approach or solve this challenge? Carol Presumably you need others to look at and use the Schedule and Calendar? So before you consider how to link these two documents (2 worksheets ...

Two problems: Document & View
Hello experts, I have two problems. One is in the CView, and the other is with the CDocument. Mainly, I think the problem is that I'm a little fuzzy on the flow of control within the application framework. I think my CDocument confusion is the easier of the two, so I'll describe this first: I'm writing an SDI application, and my CMainFrame class has an object that I want to pass to the Active Document (which should be the only document). I need to pass a pointer to that object to my CDocument whenever CMainFrame::GetActiveDocument() returns a "CDocument" object...

pdf dOCUMENT
Can outlook preview PDF without opning it? Outlook 2007 and later can providing you have a compatible 3rd party PDF previewer installed. "MK" <MK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA5290AA-FA15-4E4E-BA97-EAE70AD3EC34@microsoft.com... > Can outlook preview PDF without opning it? "MK" <MK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA5290AA-FA15-4E4E-BA97-EAE70AD3EC34@microsoft.com... > Can outlook preview PDF without opning it? NOTHING can show you the contents of a file without opening it. A PDF viewer that wo...

linking documents so that one change n the other follows
Hi all, was wondering if it is possible to link 2 documents, say if the documents are almost identical say are just titled differently but want the values in the cells of the 1st document be exactly the sam with the second. What can I do so that I just have to type in 1 an the other one will automatically changes with the 1st. Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Assume you want to link what's on Sheet1 to Sheet2 One way .. (other than copying Sheet1's range and then paste special > paste link in Sheet2) In Sheet2 ------------- Put in A1: =OFFSET(Sheet...

How do I make an A5 document with text in 2 columns in Publisher?
I am trying to create an A5 brochure in landscape with 2 columns for text and spaces to add photos. I don't know how to do the columns or how to put in photos without upsetting the text. Any ideas? Adjust the wrap. It is the dog icon on the toolbar. Experiment with different wraps. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Emma at Capital Sport" <Emma at Capital Sport@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:581317B6-1704-46F3-9E0D-3EDF18B69536@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create an A5 brochure in landscape with 2 columns for text and > spaces to ad...

How can I insert pages from one publisher document to another?
I have 2 seperate publisher documents. I want to insert the 7 pages from one document into the middle of the other. How do I do this? I'm working with the 2003 version. You can copy/paste. You can open both publications side by side and drag/drop. I have a method on my web page, it is not for the faint of heart. http://msauer.mvps.org/combining_publisher_documents.htm -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Media help" <Media help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFA4AEDD-6D7C-413B-8DFD-617ED429012E@microsoft.com... >I have 2 seperate publisher d...

curser is missing in new document and unable to type
When I open a new document I do not have a curser showing. There is no way to type. I can open a saved document and I can change/type on it. I've close out and then shut down my computer and just nothing seems to work. Any suggestions? See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm or http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541 with particular attention to the normal template. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><...

Merging Office Portal 2003 and GP BPortal 3.0
Anyone got any GOOD documentation on how to merge things using Office Portal and GP BPortal? Sharing the web parts etc. For example, I'd like to use the News list from the main portal site as the news on the BP home page, and some info/parts in the BP pages on the home page of the portal site. They are both on the same server, if that matters. I've read thru teh 'A natural fit' paper that MS puts out but it doesn't really cover much. http://portal http://portal/sites/businessportal many thanks ...

word..printing existing documents
Having opened an existing document in word and made a few changes, when I go to print only part of it is printing, although in print preview whole document is shown ...

Merge two lists for side by side comparison #2
I've attached a .jpg to the original message. I basically want to merg my two lists based upon a unique identifier but want to maintain th original coluumns of data associated with each idenitfier. I'v entered as text below but I think it gets garbled when submitted t forum. List A identifier Qty Cost 1 5 3.99 2 5 3.99 3 5 4.5 4 10 4.5 5 10 5 List B Identifier Qty Cost 1 5 3.99 2 5 4.5 3 5 4.5 6 5 3.99 8 5 3.99 Combined...

Mail merge query...
I am new to mail merge and have a club newsletter to go out which is in A4 size. I would like each club members name to be printed at the top of the sheet so that when the merge has completed, all club members will have a letter with their name printed on the top. I have managed to do this, however, after the merge has completed, instead of each copy starting on a fresh page, it automatically starts from the end of the note so I'm having to edit each one individually to push them down to the start of the new page. What do I need to do to rectify this or cant this be on...

How to direct output from Word mail merge to multiple Word documents
Does anyone know if it is possible to send the results of a Word mail merge to multiple Word documents instead of combining everything into a single document? Thanks for any suggestions. Bill Choose the "form letters" output. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 <riddlewk@aeneas.net> wrote in message = news:1154627898.484999.26...

Merge button greyed or grayed out..
I apologize for the potentially incorrect spelling ... my brain is fried right now.. The problem I am having is I sent a sheet to a buddy to look at and I accidently deleted the original.. I thought .. not a problem as I have one attached to the email I sent.. (it was for review) However now that I am looking at the one I attached.. I can't change it so that some new cells I have added can be merged.. Any ideas how I can get this back to a "normal" sheet? Please cc the answers, advice, help etc to my hotmail acct. Hi do you get an error message?. Or is it only graye...

Merging Contacts together
Hi there I have two contacts folders with about 1000 entries in each. There are many duplicates in the two folders and I want to merge them all into one. My problem is that when you merge the two folders Outlook will not copy the notes from one to the other. Is there any way around this? I am running Windows XP Pro with Office 2003. Cheers Rob Try exporting only one of the contacts folder using Import and export wizard and again import it to the second contacts folder. Regards, Mithesh "Polecam Rob" wrote: > Hi there > > I have two contacts folders with about 10...

merging data
I have a master file and 4 workbooks where individuals enter info daily. I need to update the master file workbook at the end of the day with the info from the 4 individual notebooks. How would I merge this data? I tried the "shared workbooks" process but it wouldn't let me do it. Please Help! Since your question is very "general", here's a "general" suggestion: Explore the use of links. Have all WBs open. Right click in a pertinent data cell of one of the 4 WBs, and choose "Copy". Navigate to the appropriate cell in the "Master&quo...

I dont need the Restriction when viewing my documents, yet it is
I cannot view my Excel documents because it says Restricted Access. I dont need restricted access on my own document. I therefore cannot format my document. How do I remove this? I have even signed up Adejumo wrote: > I cannot view my Excel documents because it says Restricted Access. I dont > need restricted access on my own document. I therefore cannot format my > document. How do I remove this? I have even signed up Have you ever been able to access the spreadsheets? If yes, what's changed since the last time you accessed them? Different login/user name? Permissions ch...

EX03
Have some documents that will open up fine in Excel 2000, but when opening them with Excel 2002 or 2003, it just says 'calculating x%' at the bottom, and never gets past that. I can open Excel, change the calculations to 'manual', then open the document, and do a <shift f9> on each worksheet, but if I do a <ctl alt f9> to do the workbook as a whole, the same thing happens. HELP! Have some documents that will open up fine in Excel 2000, but when double clicking them to open with Excel 2002 or 2003, it just says 'calculating x%' at the bottom, and ...

Merging more than one XML document into dataset
I am trying to merge multiple xml files into one dataset, but I keep getting "'column' argument cannot be null. Parameter name: column " any help would be appreciated! I am getting the error on ds1.Merge(...) Dim ds1 as New DataSet Dim bFirstNewsFeed As Boolean = True While dr.Read If bFirstNewsFeed Then ds1.ReadXml(CType(dr("Url"), String).Trim, XmlReadMode.Auto) bFirstNewsFeed = False Else Dim ds2 As New DataSet ds2.ReadXml(CType(dr("Url"), String).Trim, XmlReadMode.Auto) ds1.Merge(ds2, True, MissingSchemaAction.Ignore) ds2 = Nothing End If E...

How do I copy a whole complete page from a word document?
I sometimes want to copy a page with all items, headers, footers, logos, text, formatting, to insert into another document or use in a PowerPoint presentation. I cannot seem to find a way to do this. I am currently using Word 2007. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. If you have SnagIt, you can print the page to the SnagIt "printer" to capture it as a graphic. See www.techsmith.com for a free trial of SnagIt. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "MichaelK" <MichaelK@discussio...

Hyperlinks in Office documents
WHen I insert hyperlinks in a local document, I browse to the (other local) document that I want to link to. For some reason, those links periodically turn into c:\. . . applicata_data\office, etc. hyperlinks and they break. Does anyone know why this happens and how to prevent it from happening? Thx Hi Joyce, what did the hyperlink address look like before and after -- complete link. how did you enter the hyperlink what version of Excel You can only have one workbook with the same file name (example.xls) open at time. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed ...

mail merge #8
using outlook sbs, try to mail merge and get "to use this feature, you must install the microsoft word that matches the installed version of Microsoft Office Outlook" I have word 2003 installed??? What is your Office version? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, dmoore asked: | using outlook sbs, try to mail merge and get | "to use this fe...