Merging Charts

Is there a way that I can merge Excel information into Publisher as a graph
specific to each entry. I am trying to take several peices of information
specific to a variety of people and merge that information into a document,
making make pie charts for some of that information for each person.
0
TLH (1)

Charting dates #2
I am creating a graph in Excel 2007 where there are multiple dates on the X axis. By default Excel groups duplicte dates togeather on the axis. You can have them seperate as individual data points by formating the axis and selecting "Text Axis" in Axis options. Is there a way to this in Excel 2003? Terry Chart menu > Chart Options > Axes tab, change from Time Scale (or Automatic) to Category. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "Terry" <terry@schawe.com> wrote in m...

Publisher 2000 mail merge #2
I am running XP home, have Works Suite 2002, but not Office. When I try to do a mail merge from Publisher, I get a message saying I need to install this feature. To do so, I need to insert Disc 2 from Office 2000, which I don't have. I was hoping to use ACT as my data source, but at this point, will be happy to use any program if it allows me to do a mail merge. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from nancy b <nancy b@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > I am running XP home, have Works Suite 2002, but not Office. When I > try to do > a...

Chart
Hi, I've been looking at some techniques for custom charts written up by Jon Peltier, but I'm still confused mainly from lack of experience. | | | | | | | Above is a four week stacked-column chart with the first series of data invisible. This makes the columns appear to float. I know how to do this. Assume the bottom of column 1 is $0. What I'm charting is four weeks of income broken down into weeks. By stacking the data from the previous week into the successive week,...

Merging multiple workbooks into one master workbook
How do I merge/link (if that is the correct term) 6 individual workbooks into one master workbook? Each workbook including the master has the same columns but different number of rows. I've read through alot of the newsgroup postings, did searches online as well as bought a book to figure this out, but is there a way to do this without having advanced programming knowledge, which I don't have? Each individual workbook is for each employee, password protected on the public drive. Instead of having to go into each workbook, I want to create a master workbook that can either merge/con...

Need help merging two Worksheet_Change modules #3
OK, I have managed to get this far. It all works other than after th messaage appears and it selects the cell again, you can click away fro the cell - Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo errHandler: 'Does the validation range still have validation? If HasValidation(Me.Range("ValidationRange")) = False Then With Application .EnableEvents = False .Undo End With MsgBox "Your last operation was canceled. " & _ "It would have deleted data validation rules.", vbCritical Else If Intersect(Target, Me.Range("Va...

New Help in Line Chart
How do you not have the chart calculate cells that have formulas which caluclate to zero. I have a chart that show sales by month for one year, data is input from Sept to March while the range is Sept to June. In April the line dive to 0. How do I do this with out having to readust the source data each month? -- Billg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Billg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33514 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=533061 Hi, If the cell contains a formul...

3D Scatter Chart #2
How can I plot three columns of numericla data as a 3D scatter chart (x,y,z axes) using excel? Is this possible? No matter, found one myself from a previous post (courtesy of Andy Pope): http://www.andypope.info/charts/3drotate.htm "rmellison" wrote: > How can I plot three columns of numericla data as a 3D scatter chart (x,y,z > axes) using excel? Is this possible? ...

Printing multiple chart sheets
Is there a way to print multiple chart sheets? When I select multiple tabs, I do not see the chart tab (in File>Page setup) anymore. If a chart sheet is active (with multiple tabs selected), the chart tab should still be available in the Page Setup dialog box. Travis wrote: > Is there a way to print multiple chart sheets? > When I select multiple tabs, I do not see the chart tab (in File>Page setup) anymore. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Drawing Order of Data Series on Charts
Hi all. We have an Excel 2003 line chart which shows current performance against this year's target, last year's actuals and last year's target. Actual is very close to target at this moment in time and goes under the other lines so it can't be seen. I want to make it the "top" line being drawn on the chart so that it will obscure tho other lines, not the other way about. (Similar to "Bring to Front" or "Send to Back" on a page layout program. Changing the data series order doesn't seem to make any difference to the actual drawing order...

How to let pivot table chart's format stay after refreshing data.
I am using 2007 to do some pivot table pie charts. I selected a red and blue based format from DESIGN tool bar, and change blue to green. after I saved then refreshed data, the blue color comes back. How can I let the green color stay instead of blue? thanks. Hi, It appears that you are changing the color in the wrong place: 1. With a single slice selected choose PivotChart Tools, Format 2. Click Format Selection 3. Pick the Fill tab 4. Select Solid fill 5. Pick a Color and Close the dialog box. If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "JJ" wrote:...

Excel Chart Into MSDataReport
Hi, I want to insert an Excel Chart into a MSDataReport, I can do so using the image control from the MS DataReport. But the results when printed are the expected ones. The quality is poor, low resolution. I have tried using the Function copypicture and export from the chart object. Is there any way to export the picture at a higher resolution? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Fabian von Romberg Fabian - I assume the MSDataReport is a publication quality output. Exporting the chart as an image file (as well as copy-paste as bitmap and copy picture as bitmap-paste) ...

Question about Dynamic Charts
Using the examples found at http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html#BasicRange I was able to create a dynamic chart as shown. However, does anyone know of any examples where the data is row based (as opposed to column based?)... I had difficulty figuring how to switch it up. Thanks, Adam I found an example that works: http://www.primeconsultin.com/faqs/faq4650.html "Adam" wrote: > Using the examples found at > http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html#BasicRange I was able to create a dynamic chart as shown. &g...

not able to get series value for 3d-surface chart
Hi, I am able to get series values for all kinds of chart, except for 3D-surface chart.Here it goes to exception, when I try to acces the values of the series. Let me know if anyone has solution Lokesh You mean you don't get the handy little chart tips that show information about the point your cursor is over? Surface charts have several shortcomings, and you've just hit on one of them. They don't do data labels either. You could use several other chart types to display the data, maybe not in the fancy pseudo-XYZ formatting, and still get the chart tips. The 3D line, 3-D...

Merging Cells
Hi I have a list of a couple of thousand postcodes in a column in a spreadsheet. Each postcode occupies its own cell. Examples of each postcode might be AB10 or AB11 or AB12 etc. I want to cut and paste these postcodes to another sheet, many codes to be pasted into single cells. I tried to merge the cells as they stand so that I could collectively copy and paste them but excel says that the cells contain multiple data values and won;t let me merge them. Can anyone tell me how to do this without cutting and pasting the contents of each cell, one at a time please? Many thanks Dave ...

Pie Chart Formating
I am using Access 2003 SP3 in Win Xp. I am trying to produce a pie chart with Data Labels having 1. Regions, 2. Value, 3. %. Everything is fine in Design View, the value shown as £1,234 (as formated)but in the report the Value is displayed as 1234.5678 ie not formated and no £ sign. I have formated everywhere I can find, including the underlying query and data sheet. Surely it must be possible to format the value in currency? If I format Value as a number with O decimal points, again it works perfectly in design view but not in the report. -- Bernard ...

x y z 3d charting
I need to draw a true 3-d chart where a given datapoint is described in a cube-shaped chart type, by three values - x, y, and z. Can Excel do this (It appears not) and if so, how? (It appears that Excel can only draw 3D views of 2D data) Many thanks Tim Wells You are correct that Excel doesn't do 3-d charts, but you can work out the perspective calculations and fake it in 2-d. See http://andypope.info/charts/3drotate.htm for details. Jerry Tim wrote: > I need to draw a true 3-d chart where a given datapoint > is described in a cube-shaped chart type, by three > ...

Publisher should merge to e-mail.
The only way I've found to mail merge with email AND publisher is to save the publisher document to a 'single web page'. Then open Outlook, select contacts and then mail merge and select the new .mhtml document. Then RE-EDIT said document, and then finally click on merge to email. You'd think it'd be a simple upgrade to just add a 'merge to email' button for Publisher. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in ...

Data Table in Clustered Column Charts
I have created a pivot table with these data: Count of User Year Unit 2006 Grand Total A 10 10 B 8 8 C 7 7 Grand Total 25 25 After that I created a Clustered Column Chart, and I am able to create a data table with the values as shown from the table. I would like to include another set of data as follow: Unit percentage A 1.27% B 10.39% C 70.00% Is there any way that I can include these data (which is in the same excel screen) in the same graph? ...

How do I format catalog merge pages so the output is in columns n.
In Publisher - when I do a catalog merge (I am trying to make a an address directory) the output (names & addresses) merge correctly but I want to be able to read them up and down in columns instead of across in rows. How can I format? You need to setup your data differently. There is an Excel example here: http://msauer.mvps.org/more_graphics.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B624CD4-90D8-4986-A2FF-A2807467E6F5@microsoft.com... &...

Bevaior Chart Graph
I need urgent help for creating a graph for my research, I have been collecting information on river otter's activities in a set amount of time, and have a visually appealing spreedsheet. Ex: (Timings) 1 2 3 4 5 Aggression B BC C B 2 Play C B C Where the letters each individual otter and the 2 represents both cooperating in the activity. I need to create a graph, any will do at this point, with this information. I have tried several methods, & have problems using text variables as well as keeping blank cells from attributing d...

Dynamic chart generation: Run time Error '1004: Method 'Cells' of object'_Global' fai
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, I am trying to generate a chart with multiple series. The number o series is not fixed and can be any number. I recorded a macro and the modified the code. 'Counter' refers to the number of the series and have referenced it in a worksheet. I am getting the error in the lin that is bold. Thank you for your help. The code is as follows: Dim Counter As Integer Dim i As Integer Sheets("With TC").Select Counter = Cells(38, 13).Value ActiveChart.ChartType = xlLine With Sheets("VP_Wit...

When I use the merge feature, it copies the same address on the e
-- Janet The one-line field is designed for one short concise line. The big mysterious white space is designed for you to provide a detailed description of your issue and (preferably) one or more questions. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Mail merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH010504371033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kangwa" <kangwa@comcast.net> wrote in message news:ED6D4BFE-1C52-4DE4-A8E9-828D097E9125@microsoft.com... > > -- > Ja...

Projects and Stage Chart
Hi, How would I create a chart that has the projects(names) and the different stages the projects are at, like delivery date, assemble products, agreement, etc. I tried creating a Gantt chart but I don't have the dates for the projects. The data that I have are just 2 columns: Projects and Stage. I have 11 projects and 14 stages. E.G.: for project 1 - the stage that corresponds to it might be "report". I just need to know what stage the projects are at and update with another stage in the future.What type of chart would I use? How would I do that? Thank you, Marie Hi, ...

Merge Accounts Issue
When merging 2 accounts I noticed that the attached contacts (for the dup record) are not attached to the remaining Account record. All Activities, History, Cases, Oppty... Anything (including contacts) should all be attached to the remaining account. Who agrees...? LDB ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and ...

Conditional Chart Formatting?
Is it possible to have a series data point (2) change colour if the value drops below that of data point (1) and revert back again if it rises above that of data point (1). (And possibly be a third colour if it is equal in value)? Sandy Hi, Yes it's possible. Creating a chart with multiple series is the way to go. Have a look at Jon's page for more information. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Sandy" <sandy_stephen@DELETEhotmail.com> wrote in message news:%234aeg...