merge limitations

Last year in merging cells from an Excel to a document,
Publisher 2000 had a limitation of 256 characters
(including blanks, punctuation and special characters)
per cell.

Is this still true for Publisher 2003?
0
anonymous (74722)

Sure is and probably will not change.

donotknock (1941)
2/14/2004 8:25:48 PM
I have been able to create a column of cells in Excel
next to the one to be merged that will tell me the size
(length) of the information in the cells so that I don't
exceed the limitation. For the curious: =LEN(A1) Entered
and drug it down the 1,200 entries and found two that
would exceed the limitation.

0
anonymous (74722)
2/14/2004 9:38:32 PM
Chuck what I do on the odd occasion I have required more than 256 characters
in a merge, all I have done is split the information into two fields and
called both fields.  You cannot tell the difference.

donotknock (1941)

merging name tags
After I merged name tags (eight on a page), I saved the file so I could clean up any names that weren't fitting properly. When I re-opened the file to print it, it printed out each name eight times on a page instead of eight different names on each page. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks!! Reset the merge data. Are you using a label template? Are you trying to merge with all eight labels on your screen? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx &qu...

Merge from Excel to Excel
I have the need to merge a data base of names (in exel) into a standardized excel sheet to be used as payroll timesheets. I have been merging the excel data base into a word document that was the timesheet, but Corporate has changed the format into an excel timesheet. We are not allowed to change the format. Is it possible to merge an excel data base into another worksheet? jm jm, If the layouts of the rows are the same, just paste the rows from the first sheet under the standardized sheet, then sort as needed. If they're not the same, get them that way first. You can quickly r...

mailbox size limit not working
Hello, Since I setup my Exchange 2003 Server (SP2) I've occasionally set user's mailbox size limits starting at 50mb and then working up to 85mb. I recently decided to be a little more generous and increased it to 125mb. The problem is that even though I changed it, people are still getting the restriction at 85mb. I'm going into Exchange System Manager, First Storage Group, right mouse clicking the mailbox store going to Properties and Limits. I do have it set at 125000 and the warning set at 117000 I don't have any other limits set except for a few of my bosses ha...

OL2003 BCM -Accounts limited Memofield ??
It seems that upon importing in OL2003 BCM into Accounts ,some bigger (two three pages) of Memofield from Access table in Companies table not imported,gives error (read customer log error file). If imported same file into OL2003 in the standard"Contacts"' then no problem. It skips records with bigger Memofields, what is max size of field in BCM Account (and Business Contacts) Thanks William Rippen ...

How to limit user access to Public Folders in OWA?
My company has some contract workers we want to supply email addresses for but we don’t want them to have access to the company calendar and public folders area of OWA. What is the best way to lock them out of it? Thanks ISD On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 16:48:27 -0800, ISD <ISD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My company has some contract workers we want to supply email addresses for >but we don�t want them to have access to the company calendar and public >folders area of OWA. What is the best way to lock them out of it? > >Thanks >ISD Permissions on those folders. ...

How to extend the 2 GB size limit of PST file in 2003?
I have Outlook 2003. I did not upgrade from 2000, but I was formerly using 2000 when I copied my PST file over to this computer that has 2003. My PST file approached 2 GB yesterday and I won't have time to do more archiving of old mail for another couple weeks. I am getting the error: --------------------------- Outlook.pst has reached its maximum size. .. You could also consider using the new Outlook Personal Folders file (.pst) introduced with Outlook 2003 that provides greater capacity for storing items and folders. --------------------------- Now I am very confused because ...

PST file reached his limits
Hi there, I was wondering if anybody knows a way or got a program to split pst files. The situation is that we got a policy that limits the pst files to 1.5 GB. This because we find lots of problems with pst files that are bigger then 1.5 GB. The problem is that users have pst files bigger then 1.5 GB, how they did it i dont know but i would like to know a way to split those files so we can use those pst files again. We cant get the policy off, this is because its just on accidentalbase. Hope you guys can help me! Greets Tom Kruijf;115982 Wrote: > Hi ther...

Merging two businesses and domains
Hi Guys, I have a business that is merging with another business. Eventually everyone is going to be on a new domain, but for the time being I have to do something to bridge the gap. Both customers are running Windows 2003 with Exchange servers. They are buying a new domain for email, and I was going to link both domains using a trust over a vpn. I've never done this with two exchanges in an organization before. Questions 1) Can two different exchanges co exist in the domain together? 2) Can all the users share email address across the two domains? IE: Customer A has...

Workbook Merge Fails with a Temporal-like error
All of the basic settings are fine because simple merges are working. When I make one change is Spreadsheet A, and Merge those changes into Spreadsheet B, everything works fine. However, when I make changes in Spreadsheet A, and another user makes changes in Spreadsheet B (which is an exact copy of Spreadsheet A), I get the following error: ------ That workbook cannot be merged because it contains changes that have not been merged followed by later changes that have already been merged into the current workbook. ------ Any ideas? Nevermind, I found the solution. -techgroups &g...

Ex2K Storage Limit warning
Hello, We have a Exchange 2K and yesterday, I placed a check mark on "Issue warning at" 20,000 Kb which is 20 meg. Warning message interval is daily at midnight. I did this yesterday. This morning, I asked a user who has 25+ meg on his mailbox (according to the System Manager) if he received such a warning notification from the system. He said he did not! Is there anything else I have to enable in Ex2K to make the warning notification to work? Thanks in advance. Hey C C, When you set limits, you have to dismount/mount that particular mailbox store for them to take affect....

Limits?!?
Another question people :) - I setup a user w/ a mailbox limit of 1,200,000 kb (1.2GB) using AD Users n Comps - The users is not using the default size limit in Sys Man. - The user NOW HAS A LIMIT of 120MB??? The email was sent to him saying he has exceeded his limit. Anyone know what hap? Anyone know how to change it to 1.2GB?? thx!! ...

Post cards and mail merge
While merging address data in pub 2003 I was able to print 4 copies of the front of the 8.5" x 11" sheet with different addresses on the back now the 2007 pub version only allows copies so the address side has 4 of the same name until you get to the fourth page when the second name comes up another 4 times and so on do I need to find a copy of 2003 for the feature or was it an over sight? -- Leo In print setup, designate multiple copies per sheet. Change the page orientation to landscape. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msne...

Help With Mail Merge From Excel 2000
Hi there, I have an Excel spreadsheet containing information I would like to be able to use in a Mail Merge. I require assistance in writing a Macro that will go to the last record and then send that information into a mail merge document in MS Word. Is this even possible? Can I use Excel and Word together like that using a macro. The spreadsheet contains Fields: FirstName LastName Login Account Password Administrator Date I would like to take the last entry in the spreadsheet and then put it into a template already setup for a merge in Word. When I try this, it will only merge ever...

Limit the number of recipients only during certain hours?
I know we can set the max number of recipients for a message, but is there any way to set this between 8:00am and 6:00pm? We have users who on occasion need to send messages to a few hundred people, and I can't convince them to do so of hours only. I think eliminating their ability to do so during business hours might do the trick. Is there a way to do this? Alternately, it would also work if exchange would just hold messages like that till of hours. Any way to make that happen? Thanks! Mick This can be done through customized SMTP Event Sinks. Pardeep Singh Sr. Systems Engineer, I...

provider mail recipient limit
Hi! I have outlook xp (2002) and want to send a mail to 300 friends. My provider has a recipient limit of 20. Is there a possibility to send with one mail to my 300 recipients? Is there a trick? Is there a software available for that? Who has an idea? Hubert Mayr wrote: > Hi! > > I have outlook xp (2002) and want to send a mail to 300 friends. My > provider has a recipient limit of 20. > Is there a possibility to send with one mail to my 300 recipients? Is > there a trick? Is there a software available for that? > Who has an idea? 300 "friends"? Not likely....

Problem with mail merge on a 4 sided publisher document
I have a publisher document (postcard) which prints 4 up to a page. One side has all of the text and the other is for addressing/labels. I am trying to mail merge the recipients for the labels. Everything seems fine until I print preview...and all 4 images have the same person. Is there any way to edit the card so each page prints 4 different names instead of the same name 4 times? Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks Cherry T <Cherry T@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have a publisher document (postcard) which prints 4 up to a page. > O...

credit limit aged
how can i make customer credit limit only for 90 days. after 90 days the customer did not pay the money the cashier can't make invoice for that customer. how can i set this feature in RMS. anyone can help me thanking you dinesh ...

Size limits on outgoing mail
I am getting this error: "This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or remove attachments and try sending it again." I dont have any limits set on the users, its an internal email, is there some place to look for restrictions regarding sending mail? I checked the SMTP Protocol. Is there any place else. This mail message is 20 mb Thanks What version EX are you running. In 5.5 the setting was in one place and in 2000 it is in another. Do you have mailbox limits turned on in the store? >...

Merging data from different workbooks
A list of excel files with complete path is entered into column A of the workbook. Is it possible to open those files and paste the visible rows into new excel workbook. There are more than 50 files to be opened and pasted. One thing need to be sure while pasting, that when second file is opened and pasted, numbers are pasted at the last row of new excel workbook created. Thanks in advance. See your other thread -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm <Gaurav.alw@gmail.com> wrote in message news:4699f13a-6bb5-4db8-99f9-1e2816fb1fc8@z6g2000pre.googlegroups.com... ...

Exchange 5.5 16GB limit reached!!!
In a time before my hiring, the decision to go with Exchange 5.5 Standard Edition was announced, and implemented. Due to the fact that I work in the public sector, and the Florida Sunshine Law states that email is a public record, we have to keep every email (and attachment) for 3 years So, now we hit the limit. I'm still a few months from upgrading to a Win2k3 Domain and Exchange 2k3, so I'm set up another exchange server in the same site, and move mailboxes to it (this 1GB+ mail boxes). Well, we reached the 16GB limit again My question is: Is there a way to delete or at least s...

Merging Data.
Is there anyway to merge two cells of data so that the data from both cells is kept?? Hi not without using VBA >-----Original Message----- >Is there anyway to merge two cells of data so that the >data from both cells is kept?? >. > You can combine the data in another cell by using the & operator. For example, with text in cells A2 and B2, enter the following formula in cell C2: =A2 & B2 Angus wrote: > Is there anyway to merge two cells of data so that the > data from both cells is kept?? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.c...

Merging Excel Files into one.
I have Excel 2002 and several Excel spread sheets of addresses I want to combine into one but they have a lot of the same data which I do not want to replicate....how can I merge them and they do not put the same address twice but just keeps one of all? Thanks, Tavis Tavis Copy all to one worksheet then deal with the duplicates by filtering. 1. Copy all to one worksheet. 2. Insert a blank worksheet. 3. Select your full range on address sheet then go to Data>Filter>Advanced Filter. 4. Check "Unique records only" and "copy to a new location". Your "list...

Mail Merge? 5 Colums
I have an excel spreadsheet with 2500 contacts that I am trying to tur into labels. I have the data in five colums, Name, Street, City, State Zip. Will this be a problem when attemting a mail merge. Thanks for th help -- tbuckma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tbuckman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2398 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37607 ok i figured that out, but when i save the word file it only saves th first page of about 200. Is there any way to fix this? Tha...

mailmerge record limit?
Hi All, Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of records (in Excel) you can safely use as the data source for a mailmerge in one go, please? Thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Copy from merge cell
When I copy (Cell B2) from a merge cell for example A1 to S1 the result is ######### When I delete the range and copy from A1 it work, but when merge cell (A1 to S1) is blank "0" appear is B2. How to get rid of the "O" Try formatting that receiving cell (B2?) as General. Cells formatted as Text have problems when the length of the string is between 255 and 1024. MK wrote: > > When I copy (Cell B2) from a merge cell for example A1 to S1 the result is > ######### > When I delete the range and copy from A1 it work, but when merge cell (A1 to > S1) is blan...