menu bar disappeared - publisher 2003

Dear all

Using MS Publisher 2003 and, dunno how, but the top menu bar has
disappeared. I can access all the normal toolbars but no menu bar. Any clues
as to what I may have done and how to get it back.

Would uninstalling Office 2003 and reinstalling solve the problem?? Have
tried uninstalling Publisher 2003 and reinstalling it but no difference.

TIA

--
Jon Manley

0
jon4814 (3)

Try this, Alt+V, click toolbars, customize, Toolbars tab, click reset. In the same
dialog, Options tab, Reset menu and toolbar usage data.
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Jon Manley" <jon@NO_SPAM_text2text.org> wrote in message
> Dear all
>
> Using MS Publisher 2003 and, dunno how, but the top menu bar has disappeared. I can
> access all the normal toolbars but no menu bar. Any clues as to what I may have
> done and how to get it back.
>
> Would uninstalling Office 2003 and reinstalling solve the problem?? Have tried
> uninstalling Publisher 2003 and reinstalling it but no difference.
>
> TIA
>
> --
> Jon Manley

0
gsauer (5093)
10/27/2005 9:47:16 AM
Yep, tried that but no joy.

I do wonder whether I have somehow managed to inadvertently move the menu
bar off screen or something. If so, is there any way of getting it back to
its default state??

TIA

--
Jon Manley

"Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> Try this, Alt+V, click toolbars, customize, Toolbars tab, click reset. In
> the same dialog, Options tab, Reset menu and toolbar usage data.
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "Jon Manley" <jon@NO_SPAM_text2text.org> wrote in message
>> Dear all
>>
>> Using MS Publisher 2003 and, dunno how, but the top menu bar has
>> disappeared. I can access all the normal toolbars but no menu bar. Any
>> clues as to what I may have done and how to get it back.
>>
>> Would uninstalling Office 2003 and reinstalling solve the problem?? Have
>> tried uninstalling Publisher 2003 and reinstalling it but no difference.
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> --
>> Jon Manley

0
jon4814 (3)
10/27/2005 9:58:04 AM
Is your working area maximized?

Have you tried "detect and repair?"
How to understand the repair feature in Office 2003 and in Office XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822238

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> Yep, tried that but no joy.
>
> I do wonder whether I have somehow managed to inadvertently move the menu bar off
> screen or something. If so, is there any way of getting it back to its default
> state??
>
> TIA
>
> --
> Jon Manley
>
> "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Try this, Alt+V, click toolbars, customize, Toolbars tab, click reset. In the same
>> dialog, Options tab, Reset menu and toolbar usage data.
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "Jon Manley" <jon@NO_SPAM_text2text.org> wrote in message
>>> Dear all
>>>
>>> Using MS Publisher 2003 and, dunno how, but the top menu bar has disappeared. I
>>> can access all the normal toolbars but no menu bar. Any clues as to what I may
>>> have done and how to get it back.
>>>
>>> Would uninstalling Office 2003 and reinstalling solve the problem?? Have tried
>>> uninstalling Publisher 2003 and reinstalling it but no difference.
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jon Manley

0
gsauer (5093)
10/27/2005 10:50:57 AM
Jon Manley <jon@NO_SPAM_text2text.org> was very recently heard to utter:
> Using MS Publisher 2003 and, dunno how, but the top menu bar has
> disappeared. I can access all the normal toolbars but no menu bar.
> Any clues as to what I may have done and how to get it back.

Can you see the title bar of the window?
(The bar across the top above the toolbar with the Control Box [Publisher
icon], the name of the document, and the maximimize, minimize, and close
buttons on)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
10/27/2005 11:38:33 AM
Ah ha

Detect and repair worked!!!

Thanks for that, much appreciated

--

>>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>> "Jon Manley" <jon@NO_SPAM_text2text.org> wrote in message

0
jon4814 (3)
10/31/2005 3:43:31 PM
Glad to help, thanks for posting your solution.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> Ah ha
>
> Detect and repair worked!!!
>
> Thanks for that, much appreciated
>
> --
> Jon Manley
>

> "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Is your working area maximized?
>>
>> Have you tried "detect and repair?"
>> How to understand the repair feature in Office 2003 and in Office XP
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822238
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "Jon Manley" <jon@NO_SPAM_text2text.org> wrote in message
>>> Yep, tried that but no joy.
>>>
>>> I do wonder whether I have somehow managed to inadvertently move the menu bar off
>>> screen or something. If so, is there any way of getting it back to its default
>>> state??
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jon Manley
>>>
>>> "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message

0
gsauer (5093)

Outlook 2003 sends my gmail through 2 steps, why??
I am using Outlook 2003 to send my gmail account through smtp.gmail.com. When I send mail in Outlook, it goes into the Outbox rather than get sent right away. Then from my outbox, I can send the email. This seems like a redundancy in efforts, how can I get Outlook to send it straight away? Look at the Tools Menu, then Options, then Mail Setup Tab. Check off the box "Send immediately when connected". -- Lenny V "Uncle Scotty" wrote: > I am using Outlook 2003 to send my gmail account through > smtp.gmail.com. When I send mail in Outlook, it goes into the Outbox...

Winfax 10 causes an error on Exit of Outlook 2003!!
Hi all Just installed Winfax 10 and since doing so, everytime I exit Outlook 2003 I get an error "Microsoft Office Outllok has encountered a problem and needs to close, We are sorry for this inconvenience." I did view the report prepared for sending to MS and there was mention of the Winfax plugin causing the problem. Anyone know of a workaround or perhaps I need to dump Winfax! Regards John Have you checked with Symantec yet to see if they have managed to get WinFax 10 to work with Outlook 2003? It usually takes them several months to bring WinFax up to speed, if they ever ...

Publisher 2000 file keeps closing when I try to work in upper lef.
Every time I try to open a text box, insert a picture or resize anything in the upper left hand portion of page 1 on my 4-page publication, the program closes and Microsoft Error Reporting comes up. This happened to me in another document, so i started all over again in this new one. Any ideas? I have installed all my applicable updates... Any chance you'd send it to me to take a look at it? If so, send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Amy~Lynne" <Amy~Lynne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89E12002-...

100% Stacked Bar chart, two bars, want percent as well as real value
I am attempting to chart the following: Series 1 - Values over the prior 30 days Series 2 - Values over the prior 12 months I would like to show both data series as 100% bar charts, so users of the information can compare percentage of the last 30 days with percentage of the same piece of data over the last 12 months. So, for example the two data series might look like this: Series 1 20 25 45 65 Series 2 211 324 403 822 I want to display both the actual value, and the percentage of the total, for each series, in the labels. For some reason, showing percentage is not an option. Why is th...

VC .net 2003 IDE subfolder question
I've been using VC6 for a long time, but finally switched to VC .NET 2003 ... in VC6 I was able to put subfolders within a project. But now I can only place subfolders within a SOLUTION (i.e. subfolders are "outside" of the projects). Is there some way to add a folder within the project? When I say "subfolder" I don't mean Windows directories, I mean just in the classview to visually categorize my classes within a project. My projects are pretty large and I just don't want to have to browse the huge list of classes in class view if I'm only working on a spe...

EXCEL 2003
hi Im performing Logical boolean operations using MS Excel. The only problem is that its displaying result set as "TRUE/FALSE" and I want to have the result in binary. Is there a way to convert that text "TRUE" into digit "1"? please tell me ASAP. thank "imfaizzi" <imfaizzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to convert that text "TRUE" into digit "1"? =--(A1>A2) returns 1 for TRUE and 0 for FALSE. Similarly for =1*(A1>A2) "imfaizzi" <imfaizzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Forward in outlook 2002 / 2003
Hello, I have an e-mail which contains a form. This e-mail must be forwarded to a lot of recipients. I've tested some mail readers, without any problem. But, in MS Outlook 2002 / 2003, when I try to forward the message, the html code changes, converting my <form action='http://xxx' name='f'> into <form>. What I mean is that I lose the essential parameters to send the form. Of course, when I recieve the e-mail forwarded by outlook 2002/2003, and I try to submit the form, it can't be able to send the data, because it have no information about where and how ha...

deleting pages in publisher 2002
When deleting p.5 (or any page) of my 19 page document, last page deletes instead! What's happening here? How can I delete my page? I'm using "edit" delete page. Also, I am not in Master Page mode. K. On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:39:35 +0000, KLeDrew wrote (in article <CA87F080-CAF5-4A38-956C-FDF8896CA92A@microsoft.com>): > When deleting p.5 (or any page) of my 19 page document, last page deletes > instead! What's happening here? How can I delete my page? I'm using "edit" > delete page. Also, I am not in Master Page mode. > > ...

Excel Services Publish
I have a 64 bit client (Windows Server 2008) and my colleague has Windows 7 64 bit client. We are trying to publish an Excel 2007 document to MOSS, which is running under https, and is sitting on a 64 bit operating system. We keep getting the "File Not Saved" error when we try to publish from our clients. However, a 3rd colleague has Windows XP 32 bit and can publish the same exact Excel files just fine up to the very same MOSS location we tried on the 64 bit clients. Can someone from MSFT confirm that this is an issue with 64 bit clients? Can you present a solut...

Word as Editor in OL 2003
I'm trying to use Word as my html editor in OL 2003. I must have changed a setting and now the text I see is about 18 pt. Arial instead of the 10 pt. Arial I see if I use plain text. Is there a setting I can change? Thanks. Never mind. "hank" <not@home.com> wrote in message news:OlbM9zNvDHA.2072@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I'm trying to use Word as my html editor in OL 2003. I must have changed a > setting and now the text I see is about 18 pt. Arial instead of the 10 pt. > Arial I see if I use plain text. Is there a setting I can change? Thanks. > > ...

My synchronized emails disappeared after adding a new account
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01CB5135.56C7EAD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I created first an account and I synchronized everything on my local = machine, meaning all messages not only the headers. After doing this I checked if those messages were in my local computer = and they were all there. I added a new live account and I did not even synchronized it. Just = logged in it. To my surprise when I clicked on the first account which was a Hotmail = one, I...

Override Paste menu in CEdit
How do I override the Paste command in a CEdit control? Basically I want to look at the clipboard and if it is a certain format, paste it in a special way, otherwise I just want to call the normal paste. I have subclassed the CEdit, and tried to hook it in place of the regular CEdit, but my OnEditPaste method doesn't seem to be getting called. Jonathan Arnold "Jonathan Arnold" <jdarnold_online@insors_comm.com> wrote in message news:%23czgzh$REHA.3344@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > How do I override the Paste command in a CEdit control? Basically > I want to look at the c...

How do i get into Publisher in Microsoft XP (new computer, sorry)
Just got a fancy new computer and am used to using Microsoft 2000. Often use Publisher but can't seem to find it on XP. Any answers please be gentle not great on computers Publisher doesn't come with the OS if that's what you mean by XP. If your new computer came with a Office 2003 you "may" have Publisher on the machine depending on which version of Office. "Rowan" <Rowan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AD224EF-4D1C-491B-A563-150A475B52F0@microsoft.com... | Just got a fancy new computer and am used to using Microsoft 2000. Ofte...

Exchange 2003 All Address Lists
In Exchange 2003, under System Manager | Recipients | All Address Lists, I do not want users in Outlook to able to see the default address lists: All Contacts, All Groups, All Users, Public Folders. I would rather create my own Address Lists which contain specific grouping of users. What is the best way to go about this? For example, should I delete the default address lists, and create my own? Yes you can do that. When you say "Groups", let's clarify something. You cannot filter them based on AD domain group membership. You must use an LDAP filter to identify groups...

2003 Ntbackup and Exchange 5.5
Possible? Anyone doing this? Any issues? Thanks in advance. You need to install the Exchange 5.5 admin program on the Win2003 box. This wouldn't be a supported config E55/Win2K3. "Nate" <nnord@maxitd.com> wrote in message news:1148396571.906986.74070@j73g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Possible? Anyone doing this? Any issues? > > Thanks in advance. > On 23 May 2006 08:02:52 -0700, "Nate" <nnord@maxitd.com> wrote: >Possible? Anyone doing this? Any issues? > >Thanks in advance. Possibly not supported. The 5.5 admin is not...

Side bar chart chinging size
I'm trying to update a side bar chart but every time I open the chart the size of the chart changes in length. Can anyone help me to correct this problem. I have made sure that I sized the chart to 100%, clicked off the auto scale, but nothing has helped. ...

Administrating an Upgraded Exchange 2003 Server..
This is really a preliminary enquiry... I have to perform an "in-place upgrade" of an existing Exchange 2000 Standard server, this is to take advantage of the max 75GB database size limit offered by Exchange 2003 Server SP2. I have performed a lab upgrade of a test 2000 Exchange Server and it worked perfectly, very straightforward it was too! My problem is that a Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) communicates with the existing Exchange 2000 box and the BES box has Exchange 2000 Server Manager installed and working on it. The Blackberry people have posed the question ...

WordArt from Publisher 2000 file ti Publisher 2003
I have two files created in Publisher 2000 - when opened in Publisher 2003 the size of the WordArt is totall skewed - most much larger than in the original document. This is the second document this has happened on - is there something I'm missing? I thought I could go from 2000 to 2003, just not the other way around? The WordArt in 2003 and 2000 are very different. You can download the old WordArt utility and use it with 2003. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?productID=&freetext=wordart&DisplayLang=en -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://...

OE to Outlook 2003
Hi everyone! I don't need newsgroups anymore...so....I am changing from using OE to Outlook. After importing all of my personal folders, etc. from OE I want to get rid of OE Identities that are taking up over 5GB of space on my drive. How do I do this? Can I just delete them or is there a process that I need to follow so I don't destroy XP or other apps? -- drumfreak One you've got everything in Outlook that you wanted, then you can remove your account configuration from OE via Tools-> Accounts... Any remaining data files from OE (like dbx-files) can then be dele...

Office 2003
I just installed Office 2003 and I am unable to view my received email messages in the Reading Pane; there is nothing in the pane but “from, to, and the subject”. The reader is blank where the message should be. I know that there is a button somewhere that I need to push. Can someone help me? ...

How to find Tools menu
Hi there - I'm trying to configure my Accounts and can't find my Tools Icon in the Menu Bar - is it located in some secret place? Have tried to 'restore' under standard and advanced menus in case I had deleted it somehow, but it's still not appearing Any help much appreciated! thanks Feldy Which menus do you see now? By default they are the following; File | Edit | View | Go | Tools | Actions | Help Otherwise force a reset on your Toolbars by renaming outcmd.dat to .old. For details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/19 -- Robert Sparnaaij [...

What happened to the column number count in the status bar?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I am new to using Office with a mac, and I have a lame question. I am using Word 2008. There used to be options as to what counts and tools you could put at the bottom of the window. Such as, word count, page number, column number etc. I don't see any options to customize the status bar. Am I missing something? It used to be as easy as right clicking (w/PC) and selecting which tool you wanted. How do I do this with my Mac??? Any help is appreciated. -B Yeah, evidently the guy/gal in charge of those features was out...

Problem with CSocket.Create() on windows 2003
Hii i'm creating a CSocket object and calling its Create Method in a DLL and call this dll from an asp page..but i get an exception on Create(). This only happens with Windows 2003. the code is working fine with windows 2000 server. Also when i created a simple MFC dialog based application (exe) and called .Create() for it there..it worked fine even on 2003. Can someone please tell me if there is any issue with the CSockets in windows 2003 calling in a dll and how can it be resolved. I've also tried using CAsyncSocket but the problem persists. Any help is appreciable. Thanx and regard...

Exchange 2003 SP2 Install Problem
Hi, I've experienced this problem with three different SBS 2003 servers. When I install Exchange 2003 SP2 it fails to stop the EXIFS service and this causes the installation to fail. I did think it could be related to GFI Mail Essentials or Security but I've uninstalled both and it still fails. Any ideas? Thanks, Joe On Fri, 5 May 2006 14:25:29 +0100, "Spenceley" <joe@response-it.co.uk> wrote: >Hi, > >I've experienced this problem with three different SBS 2003 servers. > >When I install Exchange 2003 SP2 it fails to stop the EXIFS service...

Upgrade Excel 2003 to 2007 = loads of #div/0
There is a strange behaviour in my Worksheet since the upgrade from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007. As soon as I "touch" some cells in the sheet, I get loads of #div/0 errors in some cells. Holding F9 (forcing calculations) until all cells have been calculated, solves the problem. When the problem occurs, the first offending cell has a simple subtraction, (three cells, one of them has a fixed 0 value), no divisions. Calculation option is set to Automatic. Can someone explain what's happening? This is not how Excel 2007 behaves. I would seem you have a corrupt w...