> confers no rights.

---

jl_amerson (3088)
5/26/2004 8:53:40 PM
JL Paules wrote:
> Isn't he cute???

Nope. And you're a married woman, JoAnn La... (whoops I nearly let it
slip...!! <eg>) Paules

0
cerridwen (233)
5/26/2004 9:07:43 PM
Happily married but not blind or dead. Besides, my hubby is much cuter.

(Just staying on Brian's good side - never know when I need a favor.
Shhhhhh! And it would be Le, not La.)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Cerridwen" <cerridwen@celticnet.com> wrote in message
> JL Paules wrote:
> > Isn't he cute???
>
> Nope. And you're a married woman, JoAnn La... (whoops I nearly let it
> slip...!! <eg>) Paules

---

jl_amerson (3088)
5/26/2004 9:14:19 PM
In news:c930ut$hp5$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk,
Cerridwen <cerridwen@celticnet.com> posted:
> Nope.

We are not talking about you ya know. Don't be so hard on yourself :-)
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
publisher (1244)
5/26/2004 9:52:40 PM
Brian Kvalheim - [MSFT MVP] wrote:
> http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/
> preview.aspx?AssetID=HA01117290
> 1033&CTT=4&Origin=CH010503491033
=================================
Congratulations!

--

John Inzer
return e-mail disabled

0
oobie (2069)
5/27/2004 2:32:42 AM
Cool beans!

--

Hugs, Erika

0
erikakatz (293)
5/27/2004 7:34:43 AM
Hi Brian,
Great learning about you.
Your web site is an asset to me and to anyone else who uses Publisher; you've taught
me a lot.  It is so organized. I should have you do mine.

Can't wait to see Ed's bio...

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Brian Kvalheim - [MSFT MVP]" <bkvalheim@publishermvps.com> wrote in message

http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA011172901033&CTT=4&Origin=CH010503491033

> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> http://www.mvps.org/publisher
> ~pay it forward~

> confers no rights.

0
laserdog (1122)
5/27/2004 10:55:51 AM
Hi Mary Sauer (laserdog@mycolumbus.rr.com),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| Hi Brian,
|| Great learning about you.
|| Your web site is an asset to me and to anyone else who uses
|| Publisher; you've taught me a lot.  It is so organized. I should
|| have you do mine.

Mary, thank you very much for all of the compliments. Having you a part of
the Publisher community and being a fellow MVP is an asset to me and others
as well. Keep up the great work.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)
5/27/2004 12:28:24 PM
Hi John Inzer (oobie@doobie.xyz),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| Congratulations!

Thanks John.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)

newbie question: read form properties from another class
Hi, I am sorry for this n00b question, but I'm stumped. I created a form application (using C#.NET Express). For now, it is a simple, singe form, that contains 1 button and 1 textbox. The button calls a method in another class. My question: how do I read the forms' textbox text from that class? My problem seems to be getting a proper reference to the form in my class. My background is VB6, where this was straightforward. I tried the following: -make the textbox public, -create a public property in the form, that returns the textbox text, -passing the form ob...

The folder is currently in use by outlook express or by another application.
Using Outlook Express 6. Windows XP. Compacting>Folders file>The folder is currently in use by outlook express or by another application. Could I ask what this "really" means? Cheers Compacting hangs on Folders.dbx after installing SP3 for XP: This is a known issue and will never be fixed. Therefore, compact your folders manually. The counter will be reset to zero, and a manual compact won't hang. Click on Outlook Express at the top of the folder tree so no folders are open. Then: File | Work Offline (or double click Working Online i...

Another shared workbooks question
Hi, Has anyone come across this setup before? A user here has inherited an excel spreadsheet which is setup to be shared. Users access the file and add information to the bottom of the current list. Now if 2 users try to add new data to the same line when the second user saves they don't see the conflict resolution box as I'd expect but rather the new data is actually moved down a line and then saved. It almost looks as if the files are being merged but I've tested it out and it does appear to be just saving a shared file. I've had a good look at the file and can't see ...

setting up another mail account
hi I have my normal pop3 account and I created another account. There's two inbox's and so on but when I click send and receive all new email goes to my first account's inbox? How do I change it so that both accounts email arrives to their respective inboxes? Thanks Sami Use the Rules Wizard to do that since Outlook by default will deliver all POP3 mail to the same Inbox folder. It's supposed to unite mail not make you look in multiple places "sami.s" <no@no.com> wrote in message news:%23dVoJGeHGHA.2012@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > hi > > I have ...

Another MATCH and INDEX problem
Hello All, Using Excel XP. I have a 31 worksheets in a workbook that are the days of month of October. In each sheet I have a 24 hour period of certain weather data, such as temps, humidity, winds, etc. In another worksheet I have summary pages that show all the days of the month (cells A1:AE1) and weather data for the 24 hour period (cells A2:A32, A3:AE3, ...) The formula I use on the summary page is =Oct1!A1, etc which returns the value in the Oct1 sheet from cell A1. On the summary page, all the data from the 31 worksheets show the data and if the day hasn't arrived yet it show...

On Becoming an MVP
I was reading through the MVP site and found that there is no real criteria to become one. I presume that the frequency of help given by individuals in the microsoft community newsgroup can accelerate one's goal of becoming an MVP. Is this all there is to it? are there no application forms or qualifications to become an MVP? I am interested in becoming one but have no idea where to begin... My knowledge in excel is fairly wide (as I have been using it for a lot of years) although I have been asking questions in the excel newsgroups about macros lately because this is an area...

OL XP : Meeting Request lost attachment (xls ppt ...)
When I send a Meeting Request I lost always my attachment (xls, ppt) .. I am in Exchange 5.5 Enviroment (no firewall, no security ...) ... Idea? Michae -- Zill ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Zille's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=26 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-186938868 Smae problem occurs if you drag an email + attachment to the tasks folder in 2003. If you sort it I would love to know more. Danny "Zille" <Zille.1mvgsn@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message news:Zille.1mvgsn@no-mx.msusenet...

MVP's?? Why is Excel 97 VBA much faster than Excel 2002 VBA
Hi I don't know if anyone knows why, but it seems that Excel 97 runs for next loops at about 25 times faster than Excel 2002. In Dec 2002, I created a workbook using the code attributed originally to Bob McCormick to break worksheet passwords and later modified by Norman Harker to break workbook passwords that automatically looped through a workbook and unprotected the workbook and all sheets with the same or different passwords. I incorperated a rough timer into it so it showed at the end approximately how long it took to unprotect the wb and all sheets. Using Excel 97, it consistently...

Disable one Macro with another Macro
Is it possible to disable a macro and prevent it from running with a command from another macro? -- Andy T One way to do that is with a flag variable: Dim DisableFlag As Boolean Sub DisableTheMacro() DisableFlag = True End Sub Sub EnableTheMacro() DisableFlag = False End Sub Sub TheMacro() If Not DisableFlag Then MsgBox "The Macro has Run!" End If End Sub -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Andy T" <AndyT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E119E41-B6E6-4B68-9795-40166646F26F@microsoft.com... | Is it possible to disable a macro and ...

Kindly asking for another favour
Bernie helped me with my last request, and I thank him. But...always a but. His formula works a treat. What I have is one work book with 3 sheets. The first has the names of staff in the 1st column, second column is S, 3rd is S, 4th is D. Name S S D. Formula is S*S*D. The 2nd sheet is 1st column with the names again. From B to IU is the working days of the year, (2007) IV being the total of the cells added together when a 1 is entered in each cell. This is the D on page 1. The S on page 1 is the formula that Bernie gave me which is =SUMPRODUCT((A4:IU4=1)*(B4:IV4<>1)). This counts the...

Including data from another table in a Report
Sorry to be the one to ask the dumb question - but I can't see how to solve my problem. I have a table for Expenses incurred per property. I input the data via a form and use a drop down menu populated by another table (Address' Table) to populate the address column. When I look at the table, the address column is filled with the Unique ID from the Address' Table. Ideally I would prefer it was filled with the actual address from the dropdown menu, but assuming I could make a report where rather than the Unique ID being shown, the Address was somehow translated from the U...

How to copy dialog resources from one project to another?
Hi, I have 2 projects and quite a few dialogs are the same. Is there a way to copy dialog from one project resources to another? Or to share it? Under VC6.0. Thank you, Kelvin Open workspace 1, select dialog and Edit/Copy Open workspace 2 (in same instance of DevStudio) and Edit/Paste Pain in the bum. Wish they would go on windows clipboard, but they don't - copy buffer is internal to DevStudio You could make a DLL containing resources that are shared frequently, but its a bit less convenient to access the resources and it complicates installation. Kelvin wrote: > Hi, > >...

Tranfering data from one spreadsheet to another Automatically
I would like to to be able to have a macro button in a spreadsheet that when I press on it transfers the data from the current spreadsheet to another spreadsheet save in the LAN. In reality I will have about 600 spreadsheets per year (each one a different project). When the project is completed, the project Manager clicks on a button and certain cells are transferred to another spreadsheet saved in the LAN, puts the data onto the next available blank row of another "reporting" spreadsheet. Can I do this? mac Start with the last example on this page http...

Receiving mail from another domain?
Hello, We have a consultant that is working in our office for the next few months, and I would like to know if it's possible for her to receive e-mail from her other e-mail address along with the e-mail address that we provided for her when she started for our company. she should set up forwarding on her other email address, to forward to the one at your office... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FB45B37-7325-47FD-9A90-4F9DC991A041@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > We have a consultant that is working in...

Copy from one cell to another.
I feel stupid asking this but there is a point. How can I type content in one cell and it comes up in another cell without the 0 showing up. e.g If I type something in A1 to be copyed to C3 I would type in C3 "=A1" right... But then this 0 pops up. I just want it blank in the box unless I type something in A1. Thanks in advance. BR, John Maybe you should. <G> =IF(N1="","",N1) -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "FinlandGuy" <FinlandGuy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c0a700c1-d031-4409-9279-6...

Is this another change in M07 Updates?
I noticed today after updating my accounts that I had only one account, my checking account that had a transaction download. That is not abnormal at all. What I then noticed on the "Unread Downloads" Page was the date of the last statement. The date is today for the checking account and the Investment Accounts since presumably they downloaded transactions (even though the positions were unchanged on the Investment Accounts so Money 07 took care of that itself). On the other accounts, the date of the last download is the date that the last transaction came in (late June or ...

copy value from active sheet to another workbook
on close of an active sheet how do i copy a value to another workbook (already open) in a specific cell sak;387066 Wrote: > on close of an active sheet how do i copy a value to another workbook > (already open) in a specific cellIf you truly are deactivating a worksheet (i.e by moving to another sheet) then right click the tab of that sheet, choose view code and paste this in, don't forget to change the name of the destination workbook and destination sheet and range: Code: -------------------- Private Sub Worksheet_Deactivate() Me.Range("A1").Copy Destination:=...

How can you filter one sheet with values from another?
I need to merge two spreadsheets that differ by a couple thousand rows because one sheet has been cleaned up from erroneous data and the other has not. They both share a common column which is numerical. Hi could you give some specific examples how you want to merge these sheets?. You may have a look at VLOOKUP. See: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany dchaddy wrote: > I need to merge two spreadsheets that differ by a couple thousand rows > because one sheet has been cleaned up from erroneous data and the > other has not. Th...

Log files, and another file... really plugging things up
Hi there. I have a problem where my exchange server is generating log files like mad... so much so that in the course of a day it is generating several hundred 5100kb (always exactly that size) log files following the following naming system: Exxxxxxx.log (where x = an incrementing 7 digit hex number which started at 0000000). Upon reading these files, there is a lot of garbage data as well as imbedded emails between blocks of garbage. The files are located in "exchng/MDBDATA". I would like to tell it to stop generating these files -or at least reduce their size... In addi...

Import mail from one account to another
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I accidentally used my administrator account to download my email instead of my personal account. How can I import the messages back to my personal account? Thanx for the help. ...

opening another window
I have a masterpage with nested masterpage as my opening page. In the masterpage there is a row of linkbuttons to open webapps that have, are, and will be soon available following development. The linkbuttons open another browser window, just as needed. Below is one of the linkbuttons from the aspx. <asp:LinkButton ID="lbtnProteus" runat="server" CommandName="Proteus" OnClientClick="window.open('../Proteus/ProteusStartPage.aspx','_blank');return false;">Proteus</asp:LinkButton> Wh...

How to translate text in a whole spreadsheet one language to anoth
I would like to be able to translate the text in a complete Excel spread sheet from one language to another, e.g. Italian to English using Excel 2007. There is no automated way of doing that. I am affraid you have to translate it yourself. Computers are not good at translating languages. Too many obscure rules and words that don't translate well... -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "hmo1" wrote: > I would like to be able to translate the text in a complete Excel spread > sheet from one language to another, e.g. Italian to English using Excel 2007. Even ta...

Incoming Meeting Requests
Outlook 2007. My boss does not use his calendar. When he gets a meeting request, he is unaware of it, and will miss it. How can he have a pop up or reminder or e-mail sent to him so that he knows he has a meeting request on his calendar? "Deanne" <Deanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03BE5E19-44F7-46FA-BF72-0D2C9E13223C@microsoft.com... > Outlook 2007. My boss does not use his calendar. When he gets a meeting > request, he is unaware of it, and will miss it. How can he have a pop up or > reminder or e-mail sent to him so that he ...

Copy range from one workbook to another #2
On a monthly basis, I recieve about 30 workbooks and have to consolidate them into a single workbook to forward to my prime contractor. This involves copying subsections of each of these workbooks into the same location (sheet/rows) in my consolidated workbook. I've got code working that loops through all of the workbooks in the same folder as my consolidated workbook, and then search those workbooks (3 sheets) for non-zero values in a particular row/column combination. This function FindNonZero( ) works great, returns a True/False value to indicate whether it found the non-zero ...

Populating another tab.
I'm trying to come up with a way have data from one tab populate on another tab if it meets certain criteria. On tab 1, I have about 40 rows of data in about 6 columns. I'd like to have the data from tab 1 automatically populated on tab two if the information in the rows meets certain criteria. Any suggestions? Not quite automatic, but I'd try to apply data|filter|autofilter Filter by the required criteria and then copy the visible cells to the other sheet. Brian wrote: > > I'm trying to come up with a way have data from one tab populate on another > tab if it...